Leave not one child behind??? From the draft? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Leave not one child behind??? From the draft?
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:50 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]the only major problem i have with the selective service is that only men are required to register.

I think women should be required to register as well, after all, aren't they looking for equality?

Not that kinda equality KOTL, only the good kind.

Pay them equally, but don't work them equally as hard.
Rewards them as equals, but don't punish them as equals.

You know, that kinda equality.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 2:55 PM on j-body.org
As usual when you do respond it is only to selective aspects, and you refused to get involved in my post last year. Bowing out is alittle different than frustration from banging my head against the wall because liberals are the most close minded and overbearing people on the planet. A liberal is always right period. But back to my argument, which you will not sidetrack me from: SHUT UP! WORRY ABOUT CANADA AND POST YOUR OPINIONS EACH DAY ABOUT YOUR OWN COUNTRY, AND BUY A JBODY IF YOU WANT TO BE HERE! As AuGuSTin said in my previous topic last year; "Moron fest."

A little liquid courage last night and I see I couldn't hold my tongue. Well I think I'll go watch Bill O'Rielly, listen to Rush Limbaugh, shoot some guns, and vote for a few Republicans who are brainwashing me. After all, Al-Queda doesn't realy exist, the government created it to remove Saddam.

Oh yeah...............YEE-HAW!

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:46 PM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote: SHUT UP! WORRY ABOUT CANADA AND POST YOUR OPINIONS EACH DAY ABOUT YOUR OWN COUNTRY, AND BUY A JBODY IF YOU WANT TO BE HERE!

Mennitti_Registry wrote: I've been a member since summer of 1999, but rarely post because of all the negative crap.

<<shakes head>>

---

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 5:25 PM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote:As usual when you do respond it is only to selective aspects, and you refused to get involved in my post last year.
Pulling up insipid posts from the past doesn't make you right, it makes you look like you're grasping at straws.

Quote:

Bowing out is alittle different than frustration from banging my head against the wall because liberals are the most close minded and overbearing people on the planet.
Mr pot, Meet Mr Kettle. If you read half the stuff I've posted in the ensuing 3+ years of the War forum, I'm far from closed minded about anything, but I question a lot of things.

Quote:

A liberal is always right period.
Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Pot. I see a lot of finger pointing, but then again, for every one finger you point at a Liberal 3 more point back at you... Again, the problem isn't Dem/Rep, its the fact that there's only 2 parties with any say.

Quote:

But back to my argument, which you will not sidetrack me from: SHUT UP! WORRY ABOUT CANADA AND POST YOUR OPINIONS EACH DAY ABOUT YOUR OWN COUNTRY, AND BUY A JBODY IF YOU WANT TO BE HERE!

Okay... So inother words you want a good portion of the JBO to disappear? Please. (ask Most of the people that post in OT what they think of that, and you'll get trashed by more than a few people.. not because they're wrong, but because you're making an ass of yourself).

And you want me to be quiet? Again, please... spare me the jingo attitude. You haven't said boo in over a year for whatever reason, but it appears that you really don't have much worthwhile to say anyhow. It seems that the rest of us haven't missed much.

And BTW, I owned a J-body when I joined the site (In 1997, suck on that one), and I've been around since because I like it here. If you don't like it, then how about you up and piss off, eh cobber? If the JBO is not your cup of tea, go somewhere else... No one has a gun to your head.

Quote:

A little liquid courage last night and I see I couldn't hold my tongue.

And here I thought you just didn't get it... Turns out I was right.

Quote:

Well I think I'll go watch Bill O'Rielly, listen to Rush Limbaugh, shoot some guns, and vote for a few Republicans who are brainwashing me.

Some people masturbate to pass the time... I guess to each their own.

Quote:

After all, Al-Queda doesn't realy exist, the government created it to remove Saddam.

Wow...

Quote:

Oh yeah...............YEE-HAW!

Knock yourself out partner!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:00 PM on j-body.org
As usual I am in awe of your super human intellect. But now suprisingly you even stoop to name calling. You are the reason I stopped posting in the war forum because things you post are so fanatically left it irritates me. You are not anywhere near moderate. You should have your own talk show like Al Franken.

The ONLY finger I remember pointing is at you to talk about your own country for once. But I keep forgetting I am the evil uneducated Republican who should bow down and pay hommage to your constant criticism, because after all you know how to run this country better than the one you live in.

AuGuSTiN whatever your quotes are suppose to prove, my poor Republican, Bush worshipping, brainwashed, redneck mind did not understand. Try drawing it out in Crayon for me.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:51 PM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote:As usual I am in awe of your super human intellect. But now suprisingly you even stoop to name calling. You are the reason I stopped posting in the war forum because things you post are so fanatically left it irritates me. You are not anywhere near moderate. You should have your own talk show like Al Franken.

Nah, I would probably end up correcting everyone.

I didn't call you a name once. Re-read. I did bestow upon you the title Jingo, which is not synonymous with most other words. Use Dictionary.com to figure out what it means.

If I'M fanatically left, I'd hate to see what part of the outfield you're coming from... I'm guessing the parking lot. Maybe, if you had spent any time in your ensuing glory day and single post (that really had nothing worth talking about) and today, you'd know where I stand...

Quote:

The ONLY finger I remember pointing is at you to talk about your own country for once. But I keep forgetting I am the evil uneducated Republican who should bow down and pay hommage to your constant criticism, because after all you know how to run this country better than the one you live in.

I never called you uneducated. I never called you evil, and if you're a republican, that's your problem quite frankly. I have talked about my own country, a few times.. But then again, you'd have known that if you spent any time in here reading. I criticize, yes, I offer opinion, yes, I even ask questions to which I do, and do not know the answer. If you don't like that, I can't help that at all. That's what I do. I am infact, very much involved with my national, provinical and municipal gov'ts... Mainly: because I work in a national police agency.

Quote:

AuGuSTiN whatever your quotes are suppose to prove, my poor Republican, Bush worshipping, brainwashed, redneck mind did not understand. Try drawing it out in Crayon for me.

Agustin: I have a 64 colour crayola box if you need it.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:24 PM on j-body.org
I guess cobber has different meaning here in the empire.

Quote:

Let me ad: and will argue until the rational minded give up.

I would seriously like to know what goes on in your head, all insults aside. How do you view the world if world leaders all thought the same as you?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:29 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: crayola box if you need it.

I only need two colors for Mennitti...black and white.

---

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:00 PM on j-body.org
Mennitti wrote:I guess cobber has different meaning here in the empire.

If you mean the British Empire (or former empire) Ask an Aussie.

Quote:

Quote:

Let me ad: and will argue until the rational minded give up.

Then why are you still arguing?

Let me elaborate: Would a post going by the title of "KILL ALL LIBERALS" come from someone who is Rational? I dare say, No.

Please, tell me how you can call yourself rational and not be a hypocrite? Past performance in this forum (hell this thread!) alone, you're not in any kind of position to make value judgments on the basis of rationality.

Quote:

I would seriously like to know what goes on in your head, all insults aside. How do you view the world if world leaders all thought the same as you?

I look at the world like this: A whole bunch of kids in a sand box, and a few toys. 8 Kids are hoarding most of the toys.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:22 PM on j-body.org
Perhaps you should reread the first sentence in that thread from my "glory days of that single post." You post everyday, but you wouldn't touch that one, because it "had nothing realy worth talking about", because I watch the news and can't be easily influenced by your dark sided jedi mind tricks you pull on the other sheep. As I said before you pick your battles and selectively respond.

Quote:

Then why are you still arguing?

I'm giving you to about Thursday before you realize. You are smarter than a lot of others.

Isn't there a Liberal Canadian's Grand Am forum, or do the people have a higher intellect there?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:02 PM on j-body.org
How's about this: I keep going, rebuke your logic and other foolishness, you get frustrated and bugger off for another year.

And, no, there is no Canadians with N-body's website, you're stuck with my former j-body owning and longer standing membership ass.

Sorry.

And no there was nothing there to talk about, I'll tell you why I didn't post: I don't care to stoop to your level, because I learned a long long time ago to not deal with fools because they defy you with their logic and beat you with their experience.

I don't use fools logic, nor am I willing to learn to.

So, Let's recap:

- You've added nothing germaine to this discussion
- You're posting now after a long Hiatus (presupposed by you as a Frustration venting time, yet, again you show up and add little if anything substantive to any discussion you choose to enter)
- You accuse me of being far left, when you haven't even read any of my posts otherwise
- You bring up one single agitative post which I didn't post to because quite frankly it was below me, and accuse me of not rising to your bait.
- You seem to think that because I don't post in one thread that it's bad... I didn't post in the Creationism/Evolutionism thread either, is this bad? No, I didn't feel like posting about it at the time, yet later in a different thread, I did. You also don't post in most of the other threads in this forum... I guess My picking and choosing is somehow devious and underhanded, yet your picking and choosing is... what? Selection? Get off your high horse, Everyone picks and chooses.
- You tell me, someone that's been here longer than you, to get out because I don't own a j-body, and also to not bother voicing my opinion because I'm not american, however, in about a year's worth of not posting anything, you didn't... why? because you were out of the country? didn't own a J?
- You have yet to take on one of the points I've made in this whole thread, face on. You bicker and whine, yet you propose nothing to add, and you don't try to refute what I say.
- You attack my Character, and yet when I don't do that to you and again, lower myself to your level, you try to keep attacking my character? Here's a bit of free advice, you come off as a carnival huckster, just not as funny. If you have issue with what I say, make a point that is germaine or at least relevant to the discussion, and back it up.

Now then, have I surmised pretty much what you've been doing since you arrived back?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:13 AM on j-body.org
Totally your majesty. I am in awe of not only your superhuman intellect, but also your command of the English language. At least it is English and not French.... Thank god there is someone of your level and stature here to keep me straight. Much like a Greek god in real life. Maybe a wealthy landowner with that Aristocratic education you flash for everyone to see, I am so jealous. I need a voters registration form to change my party affiliation, you have shown me the error of my ways.

You hang out here cause you like to influence weak minded people which you established on page one. -No jbody but, but those foolish kids are so fun to manipulate I'll hang around a few years. Kind of like the 40 year old with bad comb-over in a college bar, just out of place and unwelcome.

(2 straight posts I am sensing frustration from you)
"you get frustrated and bugger off for another year."
"why are you still arguing?"

SHUT UP AND START DISCUSSING YOUR OWN COUNTRY, STOP CONDEMNING MINE EVERY DAY!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:07 AM on j-body.org
GAM, stop wasting your valuable intellect and time on the unworthy....

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:03 AM on j-body.org
Mennitti: Im not condemning the US... I'm saying there's somethings wrong, but if you read the original post I was asking about comments, and when mrgto corrected me about Selective service, I said I wouldn't be comfortable with that, given my background.

BTW, if I'm out of place, (given that I've been on the org long than yourself), and I post here regularly (at any rate, significantly more often than yourself)... Just who is out of place?

Think about that one Chum.

I don't deny I try to influence others to my line of thinking but if they don't think the same way I do, fair enough. I bring burden of proof and all I ask is a little bit of thought about the matter, and if they stay situated in their beliefs, at least they're informed.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 12:35 PM on j-body.org
I never said things were fine, I said stop condemning the US every single day. You can be tolerable when you are not trying to put a political spin on everything.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:05 PM on j-body.org
hrmmm I didn't realise I came off as being condemning. I didn't mean to certainly.

If I provoke words hopefully there's thoughts behind them, and if that's so, maybe people that read will figure themselves out and maybe try to figure out where they stand on things. I'm not perfect, but I won't repeat that either

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:50 PM on j-body.org
In defense of GAM:

Me, the so-called "home-grown terrorist" (i'm still laughing at that one) condems the U.S. far worse than he does.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:14 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, I have a little hope for humanity on good days. Bad days... well.. <a href="http://www.ottawasun.com/News/OttawaAndRegion/2005/09/07/1205239-sun.html">Not so much hope</a>

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:39 PM on j-body.org
...and then there's me. I swear, the longest "grudge match" there would ever be (even longer then HAL vs. WOPR in a game of chess) would be between Daria, Zelgadis, and myself, putting all three of us on the suicide hotline and seeing which one of us gets someone to decide not to kill themselves.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:43 PM on j-body.org
Wow Gam you made a new friend!! Dude Gam may seem to lean alittle to the left at times but he's a good guy who actualy does know what hes talking about , MOST of the time . I don't agree with alot he says but we never get ito it like you two have. well at least I don't think we have anyway.

Now back to the topic Gam did you even see my post? I'm surprised you didn't have a reply for it. Well I can see you have been a little on the busy side soo I'll let it slide this
time. Anyway go read it and let me know what you think. I'm interested in your far right leaning opinion .

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:21 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:The dems were the only ones saying anything about a draft and the reps have already said they would stop any attempt made by the dems to re-start one. So don't worry as
long as there any reps on the hill your all safe.

Sorry Jack... I got a little caught up.

I Haven't read about who proposed what, but at this point, the number of people needed to secure Iraq was pegged at 300,000 by CentCom pre-invasion, and that got halved... At this point, it's either going to take a miracle or the UN's co-operation in securing Iraq.

I don't think a Draft is imminent, not just yet. However, that number would have made sense had the isolationists in congress (from both parties) not pared it down to the marrow... Iraq has been teetering on the point of near civil revolt for the last 14-15 months, I don't think this would have been a problem with more boots on the ground.

BTW, I'm not the only one that believes this. Ret. Gen. Tony Zinni wrote about this in Battle Ready. Mind you, he caught a lot of hell regarding that as well.

Thursday, September 08, 2005 9:49 AM on j-body.org
But you know the U.S. would never admit to the world that it @!#$ up...we're too proud for that. After all, look at how long it took ALL forms of U.S. government (state, city, and federal) to ask for help after a hurricane we saw coming.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:29 PM on j-body.org
We've screwed up so much s--t that how can we ever begin to take responcibility for it all? Nope total denial of all facts is deff the way to go.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, September 08, 2005 5:11 PM on j-body.org
maybe by just begining to take responsibility and going from there. it's a start. Hell, i've apologised to my freinds abroad many times for Bush, the Backsync boys, marylin manson, eminem, paris hilton, bill gates, and the ice capades.

Hell, if canada was good enough to apologize for Keeanu Reeves, William Shatner, Celine Dion, Brian Adams and letting the Kodiak Marmoset loose on American soil, surely we can take resposibility...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, September 08, 2005 5:11 PM on j-body.org
You know, they tell alcoholics that they have to own their problems, and own the problems that they visit on other people...

Apparently it works.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search