Antimatter - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Antimatter
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:10 PM on j-body.org
Well folks, since we are all getting on to the science 'fiction' items, what do ya think about antimatter? Real or not? Remember, antimatter is what is used in Star Trek to power the warp drive.

98 Z24

RIP Specks

Re: Antimatter
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:15 PM on j-body.org
i thought anti matter was real, but only like .06 grams of it found on earth, or something like that?

or i could be completely wrong

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:27 PM on j-body.org
Anti matter IS real and is being made the only problem is being able to store it in something to be able to use it as some form of propulsion. It will never be able to propel a ship to 'WARP SPEED' but it will move a lot faster than conventional propulsion systems. Imagine mars in 6 weeks when it would have taken years.

Proof of anti matter and an explanation is here.

Antimatter is the most expensive substance in the world, and is still in it testing stages. BUT it IS real and it wont be long before we can use it to our full advantage.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:30 PM on j-body.org
Since we are posting links, here is another one to look through.

http://livefromcern.web.cern.ch/livefromcern/antimatter/

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:30 PM on j-body.org
Heres another link that might be easier to understand. I know it was for me.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:32 PM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:Anti matter IS real and is being studied the only problem is being able to store it in something to be able to use it as some form of propulsion. It will never be able to propel a ship to 'WARP SPEED' but it will move a lot faster than conventional propulsion systems. Imagine mars in 6 weeks when it would have taken years.

Proof of anti matter and an explanation is here.

Antimatter is the most expensive substance in the world, and is still in it testing stages. BUT it IS real and it wont be long before we can use it to our full advantage.

\

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:33 PM on j-body.org
Antimatter is real. There is no debating it. Look at the method of charged particle reactions with matter...specifically pair production. It's where a highly energetic photon travels near a highly charged nucleus which causes an electron and a positron to be formed (each having a rest mass of 54Mev) the extra energy contained in the original photon is imparted to the particles as motion in opposite directions.

The positron (the antimatter particle) will zoom off in one direction until it interracts with something with a negative charge like a negative ion or just an electron. This will cause it to slow down some. After numerous interractions it will be captured by an electron and they will orbit each other both giving off photons and slowing till they contact each other. This will cause both particles to be annialated and the only thing remaining will be a photon with an energy level of 1.08 Mev (smaller than the original photon).

Pair Production

Antimatter
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:42 PM on j-body.org
Oh its very real and it goes BOOM when mixed with matter.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:35 PM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Oh its very real and it goes BOOM when mixed with matter.

Yes, some people should touch it and see what happens

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:19 PM on j-body.org
Anitmatter. Great album. I think the song "Blackout" was the best one, even though the most popular is most likely "Body Burn", even though "Autonomy" was used on the soundtrack of Grand Turismo 1....

...We are talking about the Cubanate album, right?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:45 PM on j-body.org
^^^^NO! Nice try on changing the topic. Gotta give you one for that.

98 Z24

RIP Specks

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:46 PM on j-body.org
Just yanking your chain.

But yes, antimatter does exist, and if you like Industrial, you might look into the album

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:46 PM on j-body.org
^^PFFFFT Who likes industrial.......oh..I do...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:57 PM on j-body.org
black holes have it i think

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, September 04, 2005 12:26 PM on j-body.org
Read "angels and demons" by dan brown. Good book with anti matter subject.

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine" E.V
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search