Unleaded and Diesel - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Unleaded and Diesel
Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:08 PM on j-body.org
The HEMTT does not use a Cat 3208, it uses a 2-Stroke Detroit Diesel. The Marine Corps uses essentially the same vehicle, only difference is the LVS is Frame steer and the power unit can be a Troop Carrier, Fifth Wheel, Self-Loading Flat Bed, Flat Bed, or Wrecker. I rode in many an LVS in Iraq, and you can definitely tell by the sound that they are a Two-Stroke.

Now the Army's PLS or HET may use the 3208, however according to OshKosh's website the PLS, HET, HEMTT, and LVS all use the same engine.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Friday, September 09, 2005 5:52 AM on j-body.org
Saint I could have sworn I remember them haveing a sticker on there valve covers that said Cat 3208. But since I haven't worked on one in about 13 years I could have forgoten so I'll defer to you on the type of engine.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:06 PM on j-body.org
[IMG]This is my 1997 international daycab with a cummins m11 330hp 10spd it averages 8.0-8.5mpg which varies on the weight and road conditions lights,hills etc.I use power services cetane boost once a week to keep my mpg HIGH and reduce shifting on heavy loads.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search