What is CANADA like? - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What is CANADA like?
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:59 PM on j-body.org
Thanks for the info guys. I am from Minnesota and have made it a routine to travel up to Canada since I turned 18 . Even though I am 21 now I hope that I'll still be able to do that, and not have to get a stupid passport just to drive less then 2 hours to go mingle in another country. $94 isn't really that bad for the length they last, but its the one time charge added with gas that could make that first trip rather expensive. I heard that they might change it and have the same requirements that they have before(id, Social card, etc), but will the Canadians need a passport type of identification to get into the states?? If that happens, I see our area losing a lot of business on the weekends, and that first Monday of the month( I think its Monday). Anybody help me out here??
~JeremyŽ

Re: What is CANADA like?
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 5:55 PM on j-body.org
Yes, as of I think December we will need a Passport to go into the US.

At one point, it was debated as to whether or not every foreign national was to be fingerprinted, photographed, searched and then given an identity card upon entry into a US port or border crossing.

You'll need a passport IIRC in 2 years or so... I don't remember specifically. What needs to be shown, but a Driver's license in ontario is a LEAST as secure as a passport.

Either way, I have my passport, copies of all my ID (EXCEPT Birth Cert) and my police ID cards.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search