Calling all Christians!!! Priests are not bad!!! - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Calling all Christians!!! Priests are not bad!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:18 AM on j-body.org
If there is only one GOD and only one JESUS, then why shouldnt there be only one BOOK.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:29 AM on j-body.org
^^^Didn't i try to make that point ages ago, with the reply being something along the lines of "it doesn't matter, they all say basically the same thing?"

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:21 PM on j-body.org
^^ Hell if I know, I missed like 3 pages.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:01 PM on j-body.org
Chris Crossont wrote:

In order for me to get anywhere I have one question for you. Which bible do you recommend and why? Surely not the King James based on what you have said.

First off, you can present whatever arguement you have without knowing what Bible I would read or recommend. Second off, I read the KJV Authorized 1611, Rembrant edition. I would recommend to anyone that they read a Bible, preferably not a watered down, PC version, and not any that has dates in the margin (although I own one of those, I have it because it was printed in 1814 and I just can't bear to see any book that old get tossed out)

I recommend the KJV because of the lack of political correctness. I do not believe in a "fluffy bunny" version. The older the book, the more likely it is to tell it like it is. I also prefer the choice of language in that version. Sure it's a little harder to read, but it's more poetic and has a very nice flow to it. I know those are weak considerations and number one should be the accuracy of the translation but as I do not know much Hebrew or Greek and no Aramaic at all, I have to trust that the translators did the best job they could given the resources they had.

Why you would doubt that I read the KJV is beyond me, so now you have two questions to answer. Where did you read that Jesus said all of the saved are saints, and why would you question what Bible I use?

This time, answer the question. You distract, decieve, and so far outright lie. Prove me wrong or have me consider you under the influence of Lucifer.

Even Keeper (sorry man, I needed an example) does not come across as the great deciever that you do. He and I may not agree about faith based issues but at least he isn't a liar.

PAX
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:17 PM on j-body.org
Who says I decieve? I call it like i see it--it's just another point of view. I just don't agree with the bulk of Christianity--especially after how a percentage of the followers of Jesus have basically blasphemized his teachings--even though at the most basal of levels I don't believe in what Jesus the man (and yes, he was a man) believed in, but, hey, he had his ideas, and there's nothing wrong with having ideas.

The thing is, hahaha--i don't believe that I've ever came off saying what I believe is the facts 100%--i realize that it's my point of view--as is yours, chris' and everone else's. Until there's a 100% realization of what the facts truly are amongst everything that is sentient (which is about as likely to happen as Pat Roberton going onto the set of the 700 club with cameras rolling wearing nothing but Woad Paint and goat leggings chanting "Hail Satan, bitches!"), it'as all a personal idea on how things work and really, unprovable as 100% universal fact.

Though, i do agree with you on the bible issue: the older the better--even though there are those skeptical with the version you're using (citing that King James tailored it to what he wanted preched), the best thing would be figuring out what christ said himself, and I don't see the TARDIS around.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:57 PM on j-body.org
Sorry Keeper, I wasn't trying to call you anything. I was trying to point out that I trust what you say more than Chris, and he is supposed to be Christian. He and I are supposed to have the same belief system, but everytime he states something either historical or otherwise it's complete BS. I ask him to point out where Christ says this or that and he doesn't answer but instead questions what Bible I would recommend ??? Adding as if seated upon some authoritarian stance that he doubts it's the King James.. What is that all about? That man is the Devil.. Confusion and anarchy.

You are totally honest in my opinion and although we disagree I find I am able to trust the word of you (Heathen) over him, Christian?

PAX VOBISCUM
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:57 PM on j-body.org
1) I already have the tiotle of Satan Made Flesh,...and i'm not giving it up

2) Confusion and anarchy are not "bad" things, because how would we know Lucidity and a state of peace without them?

Still, I have no biones wioth you because in many cases, you realize that even though you are solid in your beliefs, as differing as they are from mine, you realize that i don't share the same perspective, and the beliefs you ghold dear in many cases can't aplly to me--or aplly negativly. You, instead, realizse the relativistic nature of things (and use the "different-fingers-same-hand" analogy as an example thereof) and that people that aren't christian aren't inherently "bad" simply because they aren't christian. It's why i have respect for you.

Chris, OTOH, seems fanatical. He's (and i mean all of this on assumption based upon his actions and my perception of them--i don't insinuate that he truly is anything--after all, his whole online persona could be a farce) either so enraptured by his dogma that he *must* share it with everyone, or he's truly in the religious fanatic stage. in the former, his mind won't compute when someone isn't it, and thus equates it on a black/white or good/evil level. Further, his mind won't let him stray from it's comfort zone into other realms of thought--either because he's not mentally capable (which is not unusual--look at the democrat vs. republican fights and realize that most of them are the same), or because he has a deep underlying fear that he will begin questioning his beliefs, and fears that he will stray from the Path ingraned in him as correct--and goes into fanatiscism as a cover to prove himself christian--not to the rest of the world, but to himself. This behavior is paralleled in people that will create unprovoked viloence against homosexuals--it's an attempt to ease their insecurity and prove to themselves that they aren't gay.

In the latter, if he's truly a religious fanatic--he's on the same level (although perhaps not as militant), as any religious zealot--from terrorist to televangelist. That's the type that gets on the whole "my God has a bigger dick than your God syndrome", and is so indoctrinated into that thought that again, his mind won't accept any other possibilities because those possibilities are ingrained as "wrong" or "sinful."

Either way, he does come off wrong, and can't articulate his love of God intosomething meaningful that others can understand. But, like most that i end up at odds with that can't see alternative possibilities as being correct and are blindly lead by passion rather than logic, or at least passion tempered with logic, i don't take them seriously.

Will i wash up on God's shore someday and be judged a sinner? Maybe, it's definitly possible, albeit improbable in my perspective. But, I made the chose to not be christian long ago, and to this day, still don't regret it. But, unlike a lot of people--I am that "atheist in the foxhole". I realize that my perspective may by wrong, but i'm not going to convert on a whim--i cast my lot long ago, and am willing to accept the consequences my descsions in life will portend.

Reitierating...the difference is you know that, accept that (even though you may not like that). He doesn't.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:58 PM on j-body.org
I would give you three thumbs up if I had an extra hand!
According to Chris, I'll be joining everyone else in hell, but at least I'll know somebody there.

I agree with your fanatic theory. It scares the hell right out of me knowing that people in our modern society can go through life believing anything so blindly and illogically, with no consideration of the beliefs of others. IMO ignorance is FAR more dangerous than greed, jealousy or even rage - it's too easy to use as a means for justification without guilt.
Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:03 PM on j-body.org
unholysavage wrote:I would give you three thumbs up if I had an extra hand!
According to Chris, I'll be joining everyone else in hell, but at least I'll know somebody there.

I agree with your fanatic theory. It scares the hell right out of me knowing that people in our modern society can go through life believing anything so blindly and illogically, with no consideration of the beliefs of others. IMO ignorance is FAR more dangerous than greed, jealousy or even rage - it's too easy to use as a means for justification without guilt.

According to Chris, everyone is going to hell but him.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:42 PM on j-body.org
heaven will be boring when he's all alone, and we will be having a party in hell

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, September 30, 2005 6:21 AM on j-body.org
Welp according to him... I'll see you guys in hell too!! As a matter of fact... I think 99% of the org is going to hell too... we can have a big JBO bash!!

Friday, September 30, 2005 7:32 AM on j-body.org
but if its hell, does that mean we can only get crappy beer, and its gonna be warm?

oh well, adapt and overcome right?

Hail Satan

Friday, September 30, 2005 9:44 AM on j-body.org
Nah, I'll make sure we have plenty kegs of cold ale when we get down there.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Friday, September 30, 2005 6:08 PM on j-body.org
woohoo, at least someone is taking care of us, what kind you bringing keeper? aww who cares, as long as its cold

Hail Satan

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:17 AM on j-body.org
Well, i'm thinking of opening up a "Beers of the world" franchise--with the best microbrews from everywhere--and picking a duly-appointed representative from every region to pick out their favorite beers to stock the chilled cellars:

From the Pacifric NW, we'll have Pike Kiltlifter and Naughty Nellie's ale, Pyramid Snowcap, Redhook Winterhook and ESB, McMennamin's Terminator, Black Butte Porter, Full Sail amber, Bridgeport Blue Heron and Old Knucklehead Barley wine.

So, I'd be looking for people to volunteer some good ales from the southwest, Mexico, Rocky Mountains, Midwest, Southeast, MNortheast, Canada Southwest, Canada maritme, Canada great Lakes, England, Ireland, Scorland, Germany, Poland, Czech, and asia.

And, in the christian context, if God gets pissed, i'll just release the Brady Bunch on heaven for a few weeks.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, October 03, 2005 7:27 PM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:but if its hell, does that mean we can only get crappy beer, and its gonna be warm?

oh well, adapt and overcome right?

screw it. Im not going to hell if i have to drink MGD, ill be a good boy.

Frank Serpico: The reality is that we do not wash our own laundry - it just gets dirtier.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:37 PM on j-body.org
LOL I knew I would get all the bible thumpers riled up....I havnt even been on this site for awhile....come back and this thread is jumpin LOL. I am already on the bus to hell with the skanky bus driver from third grade who smoked newports!!!!
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:03 AM on j-body.org
You could do worse than MGD...think Natural Ice, 211, Schlitz, Milwaukee's Best, Lucly's, and Pabst Blue Ribbon...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:44 AM on j-body.org
Derrick Babcock wrote:LOL I knew I would get all the bible thumpers riled up....I havnt even been on this site for awhile....come back and this thread is jumpin LOL. I am already on the bus to hell with the skanky bus driver from third grade who smoked newports!!!!

It wasn't the stupid webpage link that got the discussion going. If you read the first page everyone unanimously agreed that you are an idiot for posting it. Then the discussion evolved and it was mostly Christians Vs. Poser Chritian Chris.

Maybe you should read the thread so you can see just how well loved you are.

PAX
Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:46 AM on j-body.org
I guess I should say it turned into Christians and non-christians alike vs. Chris.

The page you posted is just plain dumb anyway so it wasn't really the topic of conversation.
Saturday, October 08, 2005 11:29 AM on j-body.org
I wish I had stumbled on this thread a long time ago.

Hahahah, what exactly are your beliefs? If you're catholic, what are the catholic beliefs? From what I hear as far he say she, catholics thinks it's OK to smoke, party all night long, etc and the list goes on.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:16 AM on j-body.org
I'm a Christian. I don't "belong" to any "church" per say. You can find mind beliefs mirror most Catholic views, but not entirely. I belive what is written in "The Apostle's Creed" and the "Nicean Creed"

Jesus turned water into wine in an effort to save some people embarassment at a wedding feast. I would say that God has no problem with a good party once in a while. God teaches moderation not abstanence. At least, that's how I see it.

PAX
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:08 PM on j-body.org
I back many things on this, and take Crossant's side on most. The Catholic Church is a joke. Althought, unlike him, I will not try and explain anything. It falls on deaf ears.

I did not come around until I had a horrible problem.

The only thing I don't get, why do you "Catholics" pray thru Mary....?

On second thought, don't answer that...

My applaudes for arguements on both sides, and a serious applaude for Crossant.

Flame away if you like, I won't be responding. *shrugs*

Josh
SLK 32

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:43 PM on j-body.org
^^^which is a good way to look at it IMHO.

Take this...a lot of christians--and other religions, the most prude of them, think relations between a man and whide are stymied by sin.

If you can't get it on with your wise, or husband, then who can you? Sex--especially married sex, should be the best thing in life, not the worse (and IMHO, should border on a religious experience)

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:52 PM on j-body.org
The only good thing about Chris is his unwavering belief. His docturn is completely out to lunch, his ideas are fanaticle and he spreads mis-truths (I was going to say lies, but I don't think he knows he is lying). The crusades were to kill christians, the founders of the catholic church killed Peter, Jesus said that all who are saved are saints... These are all things Chris said.. Yet couldn't seem to back up.. Know why? Cause they are untrue, every single statement.

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search