Please explain something to me - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Please explain something to me
Sunday, September 11, 2005 5:09 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ WHOE !!! dude I never said I hate trucks I was just saying my car gets better mileage thats all. trucks are great I do like them but they cost too much for me to afford one. I was never knocking Saint or his truck just so were clear.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, September 12, 2005 12:12 AM on j-body.org
NfamousZ24 wrote:I see Saint's point. I am not going to read past the first 3 posts because well you anti Trock/SUV people Irratate me with your Turboed and S/C J Bodies.

Saint likes his SUV he wants to keep it. But he understands the need to conserve fuel. So instead of selling his SUV and getting a little crappy econobox he decides to alter his driving habits. He plans all of his trips accordinaly. You can eighter move closer to your place of employment. You can plan grocery trips with other trips, There are many ways to conserve.

Compare that to the person the buys the Econobox and sees that they can Drive more for the same amount of Money. This is what it is about for 90% or more for the people out there it is not saving the enviroment it is saving Money. The drive their hearts content why because they drive an econobox and they are not polluting like those bad SUV's.

Well both of my Parents Own SUV's My mom put about 20 miles if not less on her Envoy a week for work. She might put another 20 for errands. My Father puts on about 120 a week on his Trailblazer a week. My Parnets SUV's get about 22 MPG average. But they hardly ever drive.

Me I drive around like it is nothng. I jackrabbit my starts and when I am passing others. I still drive to my car shows and my other car events. I might not cruise as much as I used to but I still love driving my car.

I am about to to trade in my wifes Cavalier for a Silverado Crew Cab w/ Duramax or Trailblazer SS Just have to see what the SS is going to be priced at the Silverado is about $40K before employee discount.

i LOVE trucks and SUV's... so id suggest no jumping/leaping/flying to conclusions

its simply impossible for the idea within the first post to be remotely true. as i explained in depth in my posts as well as others as well. and well, its a simple concept.

read the first post again and then read my last post.

yes its awesome he is conserving and that is seriously awesome. and is the best he could do without getting rid of his SUV. but the fact of the matter is he is NOT using the same amount of fuel as someone in a eco car. plain and simple and it just CAN NOT be true in any way shape or form.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Monday, September 12, 2005 8:10 AM on j-body.org
He can be saving it for the fact that the people in the Econobox that he is refering too, Are not changing their habits at all, They are still gunning it and driving insane distanses because it doesn't effect their Pocket like it would in an SUV/ Truck.

The way I see how Saint was saying his piece wasn't that his SUV got better Gas Milage just that he has sacraficed and conserved where the others just waste because their cars arent "Gas Guzzlers" but rather Econoboxes that are "Better for the eviroment"

Do you guys at all see what Saint is trying to say?

Monday, September 12, 2005 8:43 AM on j-body.org
NfamousZ24 wrote:He can be saving it for the fact that the people in the Econobox that he is refering too, Are not changing their habits at all, They are still gunning it and driving insane distanses because it doesn't effect their Pocket like it would in an SUV/ Truck.

The way I see how Saint was saying his piece wasn't that his SUV got better Gas Milage just that he has sacraficed and conserved where the others just waste because their cars arent "Gas Guzzlers" but rather Econoboxes that are "Better for the eviroment"

Do you guys at all see what Saint is trying to say?

how can u just randomly just assume that someone in a eco car makes no efforts to further conserve? thats crazy.

but fact is, even if they DID do as u said they would STILL be using their gas in a FAR more efficient manner.

Monday, September 12, 2005 9:22 AM on j-body.org
NfamousZ24 wrote:I see Saint's point. I am not going to read past the first 3 posts because well you anti Trock/SUV people Irratate me with your Turboed and S/C J Bodies.

Both a huge assumption AND false relation in one sentence. Crap, dude.

NfamousZ24 wrote:
Saint likes his SUV he wants to keep it. But he understands the need to conserve fuel. So instead of selling his SUV and getting a little crappy econobox he decides to alter his driving habits. He plans all of his trips accordinaly. You can eighter move closer to your place of employment. You can plan grocery trips with other trips, There are many ways to conserve.

I think it's good that anyone try to conserve, no matter the car they drive.

NfamousZ24 wrote:
Compare that to the person the buys the Econobox and sees that they can Drive more for the same amount of Money. This is what it is about for 90% or more for the people out there it is not saving the enviroment it is saving Money. The drive their hearts content why because they drive an econobox and they are not polluting like those bad SUV's.

You're absolutely right, that for most people it's not about the enviroment, it is about money. I think that is a shame. However, I don't think people drive just to drive. Maybe you do, maybe I do (I used to), but most don't.

NfamousZ24 wrote:
Well both of my Parents Own SUV's My mom put about 20 miles if not less on her Envoy a week for work. She might put another 20 for errands. My Father puts on about 120 a week on his Trailblazer a week. My Parnets SUV's get about 22 MPG average. But they hardly ever drive.

I wish I could do that. But here in Fresno, work is on one side of town, the good schools and homes are on the other. Leaves me no choice.

NfamousZ24 wrote:
Me I drive around like it is nothng. I jackrabbit my starts and when I am passing others. I still drive to my car shows and my other car events. I might not cruise as much as I used to but I still love driving my car.

I am about to to trade in my wifes Cavalier for a Silverado Crew Cab w/ Duramax or Trailblazer SS Just have to see what the SS is going to be priced at the Silverado is about $40K before employee discount.

I have two Cavaliers, and just recently bought a Crew Cab Silverado myself (BTW, 23K before taxes, the Diesel was 26K). However, I did NOT trade in either Cavalier. And I'm glad I didn't! Even though insurance is a bit more with three cars, the savings in gas makes up for it. Plus, even though I'm no tree-hugger I try to be enviromentally resposible.

My Silverado gets 14mpg in casual, very conservative city driving. My Cavs get 24mpg seemingly regardless of how hard I drive them. So to me, jack-rabbit econobox is STILL better than any V8 truck.

---

Monday, September 12, 2005 10:07 AM on j-body.org
I see what he's trying to say, but it's partially irrelevant...

He physcially uses about as much gas in a 2 week period as most econocans. However, like other people are saying there are people that *need* to use that much--it's comparing apples to pineapples. I use about 1 tank of gas every 2 weeks, like he does, and that's the bare necessities of me driving, and i'm using half the gas he is. While someone living in BFE with an econocan may be using as much gas, but going twice as far.

in other words, the comparison is invalid.

The only thing i can say ias that no matter what you drive, keeping extraneous driving to a minimum helps.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, September 12, 2005 10:44 AM on j-body.org
See the problem is it all comes down to: are you using your vehicle and fuel efficiently. For instance I use three main vehicles for transportation.

1) 4 cyl Economy Car - I use this car when it is bad weather, travel of 3-5 passengers, or carry items to large to fit in my bags. I have a 13 gallon tank which in the spring-fall season I usually fill once every three weeks to a month, in winter I usually fill once every one to two weeks, and average about 32 miles per gallon.

2) 1 cyl Economy Motorcycle - I use this bike when I need to travel larger distances, require a passenger, or need to carry items larger than my backpack. I have a 3.5 gallon tank which spring-fall term I fill once every two weeks, in winter I usually fill once every week, and average about 85 miles per gallon.

3) Bicycle - Which believe it or not I use most often. My commute to work is 6 miles and anywhere with in usually a 5 mile radius of my house I will ride the bicycle to and carry items in a backpack. I fill the tank a couple times a day (water bottle )

I have no need for any larger vehicle as of yet but as you can see each one has a purpose and they get different gas mileage. I also rarely use highway miles in which case a larger vehicle has an advantage because it can get the most gas mileage gain on the highway. The other thing though is I have the luxury of working close to home and being able to afford a motorcycle and a car not everyone can do that and in that case you need to assess the requirements you need and buy the most efficient vehicle for you.

In the end it all comes down to the driver too. You can take a cautious driver in an SUV or Pickup with a V8 who can squeeze 20 mpg out of the truck and then compare them to a driver in an econo-box which drives recklessly and hashes 20 mpg out of their car. In which case both are doing the same mpg and it is the problem that the econo-box driver is being cocky because they feel they can be since they are in an "economy car".

Defined Parts
Monday, September 12, 2005 11:47 AM on j-body.org
Ummmmm I think we are looking way too far into this. All Saint said was that he doesn't understand why his truck is considered a gas guzzler while an econo car is not even though they both use the same fuel. What he wasn't doing is comparing how far both vehicles can travel with the same amount of gas.

All this talk about carrying loads, planning trips, switching to an econo car from truck is ALL SPECULATION and therefore completly irrelevant. The only information Saint gives us is amount of gas used...that's it.

Notice that this inane discussion is at 3 pages and Saint hasn't replied in a long time.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Monday, September 12, 2005 1:26 PM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:Ummmmm I think we are looking way too far into this. All Saint said was that he doesn't understand why his truck is considered a gas guzzler while an econo car is not even though they both use the same fuel. What he wasn't doing is comparing how far both vehicles can travel with the same amount of gas.

All this talk about carrying loads, planning trips, switching to an econo car from truck is ALL SPECULATION and therefore completly irrelevant. The only information Saint gives us is amount of gas used...that's it.

Notice that this inane discussion is at 3 pages and Saint hasn't replied in a long time.

amount of gas used per mile determines what is a gas guzler.

so what he is saying doesnt make sense and is incorrect.

as was said, its liek apples and pineapples or oranges or plums.

Monday, September 12, 2005 5:09 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel wrote:amount of gas used per mile determines what is a gas guzler.

so what he is saying doesnt make sense and is incorrect.

as was said, its liek apples and pineapples or oranges or plums.

Thanks for repeating me.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Monday, September 12, 2005 5:54 PM on j-body.org
OK, a plain answer to Saint's question.

His vehicle is considered wasteful because if he did the exact same driving in a more effecient vehicle, he would use less fuel.

I imagine Saint hasn't replied because he realized what he had said shortly after hitting "Post".

Everyone happy yet?

PAX

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search