Terrorism not suspected - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Terrorism not suspected
Monday, September 12, 2005 2:56 PM on j-body.org
I'm getting a little tired of this. Is it really necessary to find out if terrorism was involved in regards to every. little. thing.!?

Here's the quote that finally set me off...

Large Portion of Los Angeles Loses Power
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1119280 :

"LOS ANGELES Sep 12, 2005 — A blackout hit a large portion of the Los Angeles area Monday afternoon, snarling traffic at intersections and trapping people in elevators.

The city was investigating the cause of the outage. But Sgt. Catherine Plows, a police spokeswoman, said terrorism was not suspected. "

That's good to know, because California has NEEEVVVVEEERR, EEEVVVVVVVEEERRRR had blackouts before.

---

Re: Terrorism not suspected
Monday, September 12, 2005 3:26 PM on j-body.org
They blame terrorism when someone farts near the white house. It's getting old.

Monday, September 12, 2005 4:35 PM on j-body.org
People as a group are illogical, flighty and stupid. They will take the first available catchall reason for something happening and run with it.

Terrorism is always suspected because a 50+ year old power Grid could never EVER be the culprit.

Like when the black out happened here a couple years ago, I half suspected terrorist acts, but I also knew the US portion of the power grid hadn't gotten a decent tune-up since de-regulation.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, September 12, 2005 6:32 PM on j-body.org
No they said terrorism as a result of the threat that was released just a few days ago siteing L.A. and Melborne Alstralia as the next targets of al quida in there fight against the U.S. and our allies. Not because someone farted near the white house.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, September 12, 2005 9:23 PM on j-body.org
its just like when someone gets robbed its automatically a black guy that is the criminal. but it is a wierd coincidence that it happened like a day after that al qaeda threat

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:29 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Why are you throwin black guys under the bus like that? noone said anything about black guys at all. And if a black guy did rob a bank who should they be looking for? A small oriental women?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:27 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

/\ /\ /\ Why are you throwin black guys under the bus like that? noone said anything about black guys at all. And if a black guy did rob a bank who should they be looking for? A small oriental women?

i was comparin that to the way we just throw this terrorism word around. its like sayin everything that is stolen is because a black man stole it. . the minute the blackout occured, the first thing the news has to say is "OMG, was it terrorism". . then they ask every official they talk to "Can you confirm if this was terrorism". even when there was a blackout here in NY thats the first thing i hear people sayin. why dont we just blame homelessness on terrorism, and you know what else, the hurricane was made by terrorists too(sarcasm people, sarcasm). its just so stupid.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:32 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote: who should they be looking for?

George Clooney.

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:47 AM on j-body.org
LOL... Frank Sinatra more like it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:27 AM on j-body.org
Shifty Cav. , sorry guess I mis-understood your post. I retract my statement as to you throwing black men under the bus.

But that damn George Clooney....... Now theres a guy you just don't know about.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search