Im a bad American - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Im a bad American
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:23 AM on j-body.org
YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

by: George Carlin

I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a BAD American. I am George Carlin.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!

I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way, damn it!

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, try to do it in English.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4 years plus of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I'm freezing my ass off during these long winters and paying, paying, paying?

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years In the desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut-the-Hell-up already.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson practices, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them.

I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

And, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good.....and I'm proud that "God" is written on my money. I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.

I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause. These people should be targets.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

And what the hell is going on with gas prices... again?

If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.

If you are a BAD American too, please forward this to everyone you know.

We need our country back!

>>>>> ya id say i agree with that

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Re: Im a bad American
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:31 AM on j-body.org
Sorry Chris:

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/carlin.htm

"and I'm proud that "God" is written on my money. " <-- Dead give-away it wasn't Carlin.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:40 AM on j-body.org
well, your on the net more than me.
point is i still agree with it.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:55 AM on j-body.org
That's cool

I just don't think much of email rounders. They're usually miscredited to someone to improve their legitimacy...

Reading it and believing it, and reading it and believing it because it has someone's name attached are 2 different things.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:58 AM on j-body.org
agreeded

Chris

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 12:54 PM on j-body.org
That's obviously been updated since the first time I saw it many years ago.

Further, in the piece George Carlin comes off as a Republican, when on Bill Maher's show he CLEARLY was not conservative.

---

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:00 PM on j-body.org
I don't know if it's been edited, but there are a lot of differences in the one Taesch posted versus the one in the snopes link.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 2:44 PM on j-body.org
Wooo Hoooo I'M A BAD AMERICAN !!!!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:24 PM on j-body.org
right on

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:47 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson practices, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?

AMEN!!!

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 5:47 PM on j-body.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Jackson

He's an ordained Baptist minister, but there isn't much said about preaching activities. It's not like you just give up the title.

If you want to get uptight about it, I don't see >DR.< Condoleezza Rice taking any patients or even teaching much these days.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:57 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Gam for like $100.00 you too can become an ordained minister in the church of Elvis Presley. Then you can be The Rev. Gam. Oh just think then you can get that little clergy mirror hang tag thingy that lets you park anywhere. Hey and no more speeding tickets either you can tell the cops your on your way to give someone there last rights and it must be performed while there still alive or there sole will be damned to burn in the fires of hell for all eturnity. Cool huh?

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:04 AM on j-body.org
You can become an ordained minister for free in the universal church of life.

Check http://www.Assklown.com for the links.

However, becoming ordained in a greater church (baptist in this case) is a different story.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:29 AM on j-body.org
GAM wrote:>DR.< Condoleezza Rice taking any patients or even teaching much these days.

again........AMEN!!!!

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:09 AM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:
GAM wrote:>DR.< Condoleezza Rice taking any patients or even teaching much these days.

again........AMEN!!!!

Exactly what kind of patients do people with Doctorates in Political Science take?

Does O'Reilly have a prescription for punditry?!?

---

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:43 AM on j-body.org
The Reverend and Dr. titles in the aformentioned names mean about as much as the "Lord" prefix I use...

NOT A BESSED THING!!!!!

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:41 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4 years plus of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:29 PM on j-body.org
Okay I was thinking about this, and I'm going to post a retort... There is a lot of BAD LOGIC in that email that has to be filtered out.

YES, I'M PISSED OFF, BUT THIS TIME I'LL FIGURE OUT WHERE THE PROBLEM IS, PROMISE!
by: GAM, not George Carlin

I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a Canadian that want's you BAD Americans to look deeper and figure out the root causes of your problems. I am not masquerading as George Carlin.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!

Hey, you're right, Paying taxes is a pain, but then again, without paying some of your money into a larger pot, you wouldn't get all those great things like a Military worth it's salt, highways, or even power and running water.

Now, instead of griping about your tax burdens, why not learn that the Corporate Tax burden is less than 2% of the Nation's tax bill.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_13/b3826058.htm

I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way, damn it!
Are your feelings appropriate for the situation?

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.
Inviting the public to arms themselves has never been wise. If you think owning a gun is good for you, it might be unless the other guy has one.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.
The same thing goes for the majority.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, try to do it in English.
If you're buying a big mac that often that food quality isn't your primary concern, you have bigger problems than the minimum wage earner's english abilities.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.
Most people think that until their neighbour's kid burns their house down, or blows their hand off.

If you think you learn nothing from college, you obviously haven't grasped what it's for. If you're committed to learning, who cares who foots the bill?

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to. Great, what about Allah or Buddha? How about those that don't want to have someone else's religion shoved in their face?

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer. Good for you I guess... What about people that actually contributed something to society?

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. If you don't know how bad you're getting rooked by the upper one percent, you're ignorant. If you don't see why helping the poor will actually deter crime, you're a fool. Hate and pity are fine emotions on they're own, but apathy is more dangerous than both of them.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.
Yet you waste my time mentioning it...

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I'm freezing my ass off during these long winters and paying, paying, paying? Pretending there's no problem is a bigger issue. Before you think it's all a lie, educate yourself, and find out who's paying for the research and counter-research... then, once you realise that it's playing to what the funding groups want to hear, start looking for unbiased or double-blind research.

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years In the desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut-the-Hell-up already.
Have you been refused something due to your skin colour? Has someone talked about you without even knowing you? Playing the race/religion card is a cheap shot, and so is pretending racism or religious intollerance doesn't exist.

If you're using email or the internet, you can LOOK IT UP!! Ya know... before you make a rambling fool of yourself, or drag someone else's name in the mix that wouldn't say something as utterly silly as this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Jackson <-- Answers the question. Thank me later.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them.
You'd think that until YOU'RE the one being chased. And they have the right to subdue you, saying they have the right to shoot you when you're running and not shooting first is just play ignorant. Learn proper police procedures and ask a beat cop what he thinks is better for his career longevity.

I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are. Great. If you're breaking the law, sure. It's part and parcel of the search laws... If you have a burned out tail light, it's not license to search the car... for anyone.

And, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good.....and I'm proud that "God" is written on my money. I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years. Having your face on the license has been standard for almost 30 years, who complains about that anymore? Having God on your money is fine as long as you believe in God and everyone else does, but in this place called reality, not everyone calls God the same name, or even believes in God, it's time to step out of the 50's. How about putting forward a ballot that is CLEAR AND CONCISE in the first place?

I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause. These people should be targets. I think that's a great idea as long as they get to return fire.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents. What if the 2 parents are idiots?

And what the hell is going on with gas prices... again?
http://money.howstuffworks.com/gas-price2.htm <-- Don't thank me, Thank Google.

If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American. No, it makes you woefully uninformed, but that is a temporary condition. You don't have to be in an information vacuum.

If you are a BAD American too, please forward this to everyone you know.
And while you're at it, send along the link to the Debunking site: Http://www.snopes.com/language/document/carlin.htm

We need our country back!
And you need your education system as well!

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:38 PM on j-body.org
I'm glad you took the time for that, GAM. I just wasn't going to do it.

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer. Good for you I guess... What about people that actually contributed something to society?

I think the person who cancelled Jerry Springer DID contribute to society

---

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:47 PM on j-body.org
Geez Gam sounds like your a big Carlon fan. Couple things tho 1st Budists refeer to Buda as God. I've heard some of them actualy do this. Same for muslums, So again the word "God" is fairly universal and interdenominaltional But I know where you were going with it and I agree.

2nd in areas where people are allowed to carry guns there is less random violent crime. Why? cause the bad guys are afraid your packing thats why and they don't want to catch a bullet. But again I know where your coming from with this one too.

Its some funt stuff and you have some very good replys to most of it. I'd change a couple things you said but for the most part I agree with you.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:10 PM on j-body.org
Jack: on the God issue, I've heard muslims refer to Allah as either that or God, but there is only Allah in arabic. I think that using God for Buddha is the same thing. It's not dumbing the idea down per se, but they're using our colloquialism for deity.

The second one is debatable, but not here

Agustin: regarding Springer: I stopped watching it when they stopped having hot girls at least every other episode. When it came on 2 weeks of solid trailer park trash fights, I basically did the best thing that can be done given the situation: I turned the TV off.

And, I dunno, I'm anal retentive about poor thought processes being committed to the textual form.

Friday, September 16, 2005 7:48 AM on j-body.org
I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause. These people should be targets. I think that's a great idea as long as they get to return fire.

thats fine.... ive got more ammo.

Chris

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:40 AM on j-body.org
HAhah... Taesch, you're finally getting it!!! Forced Attrition!!!

Friday, September 16, 2005 9:28 AM on j-body.org
i agree with most of what you say, ^ , but its the meens that you want to use i dont agree with, the ends are the same.

Chris

Friday, September 16, 2005 11:01 AM on j-body.org
There's always the way of testing the handling of vehicles over human bodies

Also, I don't know in what scope you're referring Taesch... in the broader scope of the post or the elimination of surplus humanity.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search