Director of F.E.M.A. resigns as president.... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Director of F.E.M.A. resigns as president....
Monday, September 12, 2005 6:45 PM on j-body.org
So have you heard? The director of the Federal emergency management agency just resigned today under heavy fire from president Bush for doing such a horrible job down south. President Bush said he's not looking to point fingers or scape goat anyone but the lack of proper and immediate responce is unaccetable and that himself and the intire congress wanted to know why relief took so long in its getting there. The directors responce was the people in the effected areas did not file the proper paper work or give proof of residence as required under F.E.M.A. guidelines. When it was pointed out that noone could contact anyone from F.E.M.A. as the power and phone lines were gone the director said he was awair of this. When he was further asked by Mr.Bush how someone could prove residency when everything they owned is now either under water or in the gulf of Mexico the directors responce was.............. silence.
When further pressed by Mr.Bush the director said he was here by resigning.

Question I have is do you guys think he should have been fired before alloweing to resign? Or how about criminal charges being filed agaist him and possibly others in light of this debacle?

Personaly I'm just glad Bush is actualy doing something as opposed to just saying help is on the way.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Director of F.E.M.A. resigns as president....
Monday, September 12, 2005 8:20 PM on j-body.org
<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/12/national/nationalspecial/12cnd-fema.html?ex=1142136000&en=dbf6038a4fb6c588&ei=5087&excamp=GGGNfemadirector"> NY TImes Story</a>

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/09/12/transcript.tue/#first">CNN Story</a> LINK MAY CHANGE

<a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050912.wbrown0912/BNStory/International/">Globe & Mail Story</a>

Just fer the readins.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, September 12, 2005 8:23 PM on j-body.org
Brown is the scapegoat... like it or not.

He's not getting the 3rd degree yet, but he's taking the fall for a LOT of people, and I think Bush is one of them. All that remains to be seen is whether or not he's getting the @!#$ end of the stick with criminal charges, or if he'll just be given the golden finger and told to bugger off.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:32 AM on j-body.org
Gam how do you figure Bush did something wrong? If he promisses help but the guy whos in charge of the agency thats supposed to delivery the help wont due to paperwork issues. I do believe the govt. dropped the ball big time but to say its Bushes fault is just like blaming him for causeing the hurrican in the first place. It just doesn't make any sence.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:56 AM on j-body.org
He should have NEVER been given the job in the first place since he had no prior experience in emergency management!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Jack: I don't blame Bush solely.

However, if a group of people can't get something done, do you blame the peon's or the leader? The buck has to stop somewhere.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:59 AM on j-body.org
jackalope wrote:Gam how do you figure Bush did something wrong? If he promisses help but the guy whos in charge of the agency thats supposed to delivery the help wont due to paperwork issues. I do believe the govt. dropped the ball big time but to say its Bushes fault is just like blaming him for causeing the hurrican in the first place. It just doesn't make any sence.

Well, for one thing, Bush is on Camera saying Brown was doing a "heck of a job" with the relief effort.

From The Boston Globe, Page 2 of Article:
Despite the criticism, Bush stood behind Brown at first, using his nickname and singling him out for praise Sept. 2 at a briefing in Biloxi, Miss. ''Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job," Bush said; others applauded.

In my opinion, Bush was more interested in trying to protect his croonie than admitting Brown and FEMA were FUBAR'ed.

There are other faults I have with Bush...

He appointed Brown, his croonie and political hack, to the critical position as head of FEMA after 9/11, despite Brown having no credentials for such an important post. This single act is a huge letdown for anyone who voted for Bush thinking he could protect us best.

Bush heads the "CEO Administration", which means he understands the buck stops with him. However, as Bill Maher and George Carlin pointed out on Maher's HBO show, if this were Japan Bush would of already of honorably commited hara-kiri

I still don't understand why supplies couldn't be air-dropped to the Superdome in the days after the hurricane. We can airdrop all kinds of stuff. We sure as hell can airdrop propaganda on Iraq, why not some supplies at the Dome? Why not some troops to help with supply distribution?

Don't get me wrong, I have P-L-E-N-T-Y to say about the Mayor and the Government of LA screwing up, too. Everybody let these people down.

I'd like you to justify how some of this isn't Bush's fault. Basically, if you look at the timeline, everything from pre-hurricane to day 2 lies on the local and state level, after that, the federal government dropped the ball.

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:59 AM on j-body.org
Wasn't it Truman that had on his desk..."The buck stops here"

Still, this thing is a cluster-@!#$ of the Mongolian variety. I dowubt any offical that has any responsibility to this (up to and including Bush) has clean hands.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:23 AM on j-body.org
Keeper: Yes, he did. Harry Truman ended up carrying the weight for a lot of decisions in the immediate wake of WWII, but he never lost sight of the fact that when push came to shove, he was the one that was ultimately responsible for the actions or misdeeds of the Government. That's an idea that's been lost since Carter was in office.

I've made the point a few times that someone's head is going to roll for the @!#$uppery that passes for disaster management, and at this point, it won't be anyone who's office is in the Whitehouse. Pat your back one day, stab it the next... Brown's going to get it even though he's been the victim of social promotion. More's the pity.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:25 AM on j-body.org
Hey guys I'm not saying that Bush prob. didn't mess something up involveing the relief effort just that hes not the only one who did thats all. And Keeper if everyone thought as Truman did with his " the buck stops here " belief then the world would be a much better place but as it is all everyone wants to do is point fingers at others and scream not me.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:40 AM on j-body.org
jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:Hey guys I'm not saying that Bush prob. didn't mess something up involveing the relief effort just that hes not the only one who did thats all.

Well this thread isn't going to last long if we all agree hahaha.

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:53 AM on j-body.org
True but do we always have to fight? I think it was all Pat Robertsons fault anyway. If hadn't made that remark about taking out that dude down in south america then the hurrican would never have hit us in the first place.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:20 AM on j-body.org
jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:True but do we always have to fight? I think it was all Pat Robertsons fault anyway. If hadn't made that remark about taking out that dude down in south america then the hurrican would never have hit us in the first place.

I don't come to War Forum for my warm and fuzzies!

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:37 AM on j-body.org
Yes I know but seeing how you actualy agree with me for a change then what do we have to fight over? Now if you said Bush was 100% to blame then yes I'd argue with you till the cows come home ( however long that is ? ) but since your smarter then that I guess theres nothing to fight over.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:20 PM on j-body.org
Didn't I say the buck has to stop somewhere?

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Jack: I don't blame Bush solely.

However, if a group of people can't get something done, do you blame the peon's or the leader? The buck has to stop somewhere.

Lookee there!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:55 PM on j-body.org
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:00 PM on j-body.org
Gam thats why the head of FEMA resigned. Hes the HEAD and now hes resigned. i hope you can see where I'm going with this.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:17 PM on j-body.org
wonder why?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:18 AM on j-body.org
Jack: I see where you're going, I'm talking about going up to the next stop.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search