Breaking News: Fed Judge Declares Pledge Unconstit - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Breaking News: Fed Judge Declares Pledge Uncon
Friday, September 16, 2005 8:44 AM on j-body.org
I don't give a @!#$ either way about this other than I wished these morons would stop wasting our TAX money debating this. There are more important things to waste our tax money on such as the Katrina relief.

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:56 AM on j-body.org
wouldn't a jehovas witness be opposed to pledging allegiance anyways? i was told that pledging and stuff is against their religion. hell a friend of mine who is a jehovas witness said that he doesn't vote becasue its against his religion.....is that true or is he a nutjob?

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, September 16, 2005 9:00 AM on j-body.org
hmm yeah i was reading a few sites and it seems that jehovas witnesses arent to sing the national anthem, vote, salute the flag, receve blood, or join the military.......so i guess that friend of mine should have voted, he already screwed up by joining the army

so i guess any school that forces people to say the pledge is totally wrong anyways, because its wrong to make a jehovas witness say the pledge

Hail Satan

Friday, September 16, 2005 9:09 AM on j-body.org
^^ I think it is true. Jehovas Witness's interpretation of the Bible is to not worship ANYTHING that is not God. And their definition of worship is a little more liberal than ours. Sacrificing or giving yourself to your country is considered bad. Celebrating your own birthday is bad (self worship).

It goes on and on. I probably should Google it, my understanding of the JW is pretty limited.

---

Friday, September 16, 2005 9:09 AM on j-body.org
It's against their faith to give countenance to a power that is not of and by God if I remember correctly.

I've known a couple of witnesses, and their grasp on reality is fine, but their grasp on their religion's roots is tenuous.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, September 16, 2005 9:46 AM on j-body.org
yeah, its an odd faith, but i won't judge them, if that works for them, have fun with it

Hail Satan

Friday, September 16, 2005 10:19 AM on j-body.org
1st off Keeper I'm not trying to start anything I was just asking if i was looking at it from the wrong way thats all. I absolutly agree that it should be made to be as non-offensive as possible but like I said your always gonna offend someone and there not much we can do about it. As for the Jahova witness thing I was in elementry school it was a
L O N G time ago so I don't remember everything she said just that she didn't like the
under God part. If theres more to it well that wouldn't surprise me one bit but memories get fuzzy after 30 years Know what I mean? But Keeper in all seriousness
You had a conversation about the constitution with your teacher in the 5th grade on a level of understanding that proved her / him wrong? I'm not callin But that seems a little young to me thats all. remember I have a kid thats in the 5th grade this year and where she is smart ( gifted and taleted program same as her big sis ) I doubt she'd
be able to have that kind of conversation.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, September 16, 2005 12:08 PM on j-body.org
i wasn't intending it to be an attack...i just meant that the way i see you're not understanding is that i'm NOT saying "Get rid of it", i'm saying "make it optional."

I was at my most rebellious from the ages of 5-14, with a slack in my teen years, and it pumped back up at 20. The only thing that kept me, well, insane, when i was a kid and kept me going after my mom died no thanks to my dad/stepmom's efforts was buying myself in books, and then using the knowledge that, whenever i did something that displeased them, win the argument through logic (which was obvious when they could not answer my question and send me to my room. My dad has some brains to him, but my stepmom on the evolutionary scale is somewhere slighly below Slime Molds and Paris Hilton). Trust me on that, i've always had a knack for picking up arcane facts and using them to my best (and i was in the talent prog. as well, i was just lazy as hell and never did any homework--i found it a waste of time.). Plus, when i was 10 i was able to come to the conclusion that there was no God, the bible was not a source of enlightenment and was b.s. (to me). I also knew that the school was a government institution, and i just put 2 and 2 together.

Besdies, i had so many social issues back then i didn't have many friends, so i had to occupy my time somehow.

The reason it was so eaily won, though, was that the teacher i has was primarily science and nothing about u.s. history, and she was one of those "tought from the teacher's manual" types. My dad was running on passion (as opposed to logic) and was still pissed because i refused to say grace, etc., and was broguht up catholic...so it was one of those heavy-handed parental-type of things where they couldn't give me the answer of "why" and just did the "just because." since i was still smaller than my dad at the time, i just gritted my teeth, and bided my time--and just mouthed the under God.

Really though, i think your daughters could do it--although there are soem real loser kids out there, most of them are a bit smarter than we give them credit for. I think the deciding factor was the rebellious air and the "well, i'm going to get grounded anyway, why not make it for a good reason?"

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, September 16, 2005 12:40 PM on j-body.org
I thought I said the same thing? I'm glad we agree on it as it should be up to the individual thats saying / not saying it. Sorry for any confusion i seem to be good at that latly. It actualy wouldn't surprise me too much if they did either. Crap I look at some of my oldest daughters homework and I'm lost. Shes in the 8th grade and is into calculis
or one of those stupid hard types of math I never could for the life of me figure out. And shes pulling damn near straight "A" s the youngest in 5 th is already do algabra that I never got till high school and shes kicking ass to. I honestly do not know where they get it from but its damn sure not me. Maybe I should go interogate the mailman a little bit when I get home.

Friday, September 16, 2005 7:25 PM on j-body.org
Just as long as you don't end up in a situation like Me, Myself & Irene. I'd hate to find out what the milquetoasty Officer Jack Alope is like.

I hope you got the inference...

Friday, September 16, 2005 7:38 PM on j-body.org
Ha thats great. Actualy you'd have seen it if you followed the posting on another forum about volumetric eff. I kinda went off a little TOOO harshly. Yes I appologized
but I think someone still is kinda mad at me. Won't mention any names as I don't want to get into it again.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:16 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]First, cav...

Read the proposals i have...it's not "removing" it, per se, but making it not mandatory.
i dont see how its mandatory to say it. i have never seen it enforced. you say you were forced to say it....and im not saying that you werent, but i find it odd that a teacher could tell what you were saying. unless they were standing right beside you, you could have mouthed just about anything and it would have looked like you were saying "under God". know what i mean?

[quote=Keeper of the Light™The problem i see with the thinking of that "the 80% should get what they want" is that with that mentality, as the quote i said, forges the chain. There are enough whackjobs in the majority that think that there way is the only way--

That's why it's dangerous. The 80% shouldn't mandate that the other 20 have to do things their way...because in context, leaving out or adding Under God doesn't change the meaning of the pledge at all.

there are plenty of whack jobs, both in the minority and the majority. however they are a minority IN the majority, and as such, dont have as much pull as you say. i dont think that the majority should bully the minority, however i do believe that if 4 people want to do one thing, and 1 person doesnt want to, then that one person needs to either adapt, or leave the group. it may be harsh, but how else can you handle it? you cant please all of the people all of the time. no matter what, there will always be someone who doesnt like what is going on. and since you cant please everyone, you need to do what is best or agreeable for the most people.

even though i am in the majority in this situation, i am not always. quite often i find myself on the outside because i am more of a free thinker than the people around me. and everytime that happens i have the choice: do i go along with them, or do i strike out on my own? sometimes i go along with the group, but more often than not i wont. i dont want to compromise my ideals and choose to segregate myself from the rest of the group to avoid it. ive always been that way and always will be and i see no problem why others cant do the same. dont want to say something? then dont. it really is that simple.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:19 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light�]First, cav...

Read the proposals i have...it's not "removing" it, per se, but making it not mandatory.
i dont see how its mandatory to say it. i have never seen it enforced. you say you were forced to say it....and im not saying that you werent, but i find it odd that a teacher could tell what you were saying. unless they were standing right beside you, you could have mouthed just about anything and it would have looked like you were saying "under God". know what i mean?

[quote=Keeper of the Light�]The problem i see with the thinking of that "the 80% should get what they want" is that with that mentality, as the quote i said, forges the chain. There are enough whackjobs in the majority that think that there way is the only way--

That's why it's dangerous. The 80% shouldn't mandate that the other 20 have to do things their way...because in context, leaving out or adding Under God doesn't change the meaning of the pledge at all.

there are plenty of whack jobs, both in the minority and the majority. however they are a minority IN the majority, and as such, dont have as much pull as you say. i dont think that the majority should bully the minority, however i do believe that if 4 people want to do one thing, and 1 person doesnt want to, then that one person needs to either adapt, or leave the group. it may be harsh, but how else can you handle it? you cant please all of the people all of the time. no matter what, there will always be someone who doesnt like what is going on. and since you cant please everyone, you need to do what is best or agreeable for the most people.

even though i am in the majority in this situation, i am not always. quite often i find myself on the outside because i am more of a free thinker than the people around me. and everytime that happens i have the choice: do i go along with them, or do i strike out on my own? sometimes i go along with the group, but more often than not i wont. i dont want to compromise my ideals and choose to segregate myself from the rest of the group to avoid it. ive always been that way and always will be and i see no problem why others cant do the same. dont want to say something? then dont. it really is that simple.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:20 PM on j-body.org
wtf is wrong with the quotes? they worked in preview......

ahh well.....you get the idea.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:21 AM on j-body.org
may not work because html coding is turned off

Hail Satan

Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:14 AM on j-body.org
yeah i noticed that all the sigs were messed up. any reason why its turned off?

Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:58 AM on j-body.org
CavFire.com (tabasco) wrote:yeah i noticed that all the sigs were messed up. any reason why its turned off?
HTML is turned off in sigs now....see Dave's thread for more information.

As for this debate...I have a simple way to end it. This wackjob decided that because the word "God" appears in the pledge and he doesn't like it that NOBODY should be allowed to recite it. Well, here's the solution -- Lawyers cost money. Personal spokespersons cost money. Everything involved with a fight like this moron is putting up costs money. Someone please remind him that all American currency bears the words "In God We Trust". That means he can't believe in it or use it.

Who knows...it just might work.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:44 PM on j-body.org
How would you suggest he pay for tha action then Jimmy?

Besides, Last I checked, no Cheque, Credit Card transaction or bank transfer has the words in question. The last time I paid for something with cash was over 3 weeks ago. The unit of funds is separate from the actual paper. Bill Gates could naver get his entire fortune in any denomination even if the entire US money supply was raked back into the US, and constituted as cash.

There is more electronic money out there than real cash.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:45 PM on j-body.org
1) She was "monitoring the class" Which got to me because if you're busy making a pledge how could you do anything?

Anyway, I think definitions have to be more fluid, as such, if 4 people want something, the fifth doesn't, the the fifth doesn't do it, but that's no reason to kick the fifth out, let them do what they do, because really, it's not the end of the world.

The thing is, you look at the way things seem to be, and you have the vocal miniority of the majority that's making the push for something--the whackjobs, and since the majority of the majority are insecure within themselves they jump on the bandwagon lest they be percieved as going against the grasin, and for many people that's too big of a leap to ask them to do, ebcause most people aren't wired up to stand being outcast in anything, since it's all nice and comfy being the brick in the wall.

The dangerous part of it is that it's not mandatory, per se, but they don't enforce the optionality of it--at least in all areas. I can safely say that i would not my kids saying "under god" unless they believed in God,.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Sunday, September 18, 2005 4:27 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light�]1) She was "monitoring the class" Which got to me because if you're busy making a pledge how could you do anything?
she shouldnt have done that.
[quote=Keeper of the Light�]
Anyway, I think definitions have to be more fluid, as such, if 4 people want something, the fifth doesn't, the the fifth doesn't do it, but that's no reason to kick the fifth out, let them do what they do, because really, it's not the end of the world.
thats fine as long as the fifth isnt causing trouble. i.e. the dude who started all of this.

[quote=Keeper of the Light�]The dangerous part of it is that it's not mandatory, per se, but they don't enforce the optionality of it--at least in all areas. I can safely say that i would not my kids saying "under god" unless they believed in God,.
ill agree with you there. i would do the same thing for my kids

Sunday, September 18, 2005 5:34 PM on j-body.org
Tabasco: Just knock out the little TM at the end of Keeper's name... for some reason, the Forum script can't handle that as part of the quote function... hrmm.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 6:36 PM on j-body.org
yeah, hes a @!#$ for using it......i keep forgetting to take it out, then when i preview it it works......

Sunday, September 18, 2005 6:41 PM on j-body.org
How many other Keepers of The Light are out there that ours needs to trademark his nick?

Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:35 PM on j-body.org
one in each time zone. my cousin used to be the Keeper of the Light here on the east coast. then one day he forgot to set his alarm clock and woke up late......

Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:47 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:How would you suggest he pay for tha action then Jimmy?

Besides, Last I checked, no Cheque, Credit Card transaction or bank transfer has the words in question. The last time I paid for something with cash was over 3 weeks ago. The unit of funds is separate from the actual paper. Bill Gates could naver get his entire fortune in any denomination even if the entire US money supply was raked back into the US, and constituted as cash.

There is more electronic money out there than real cash.
SYMBOLISM GAM!! C'mon man, you're normally a bit quicker than that

And my point was exactly that....HOW would he pay for this action? If he uses American currency (and actually electronic transfers still represent American currency in the end) then he's using currency that says "In God We Trust". Since he can't do that, he can't continue with this attack on MY civil liberties. As much right as he has to bitch about it...free speech after all...I have as much right to not want to hear his complaining.

Democratic society, or representative republics like the USA, are built on the premise that the majority rules. Just because you scream louder or can get in front of more cameras DOES NOT MAKE YOU A MAJORITY. Once people learn that, we can get back to the business of normal life.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search