2 reasons why Bush will do whatever he can for TEX - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 reasons why Bush will do whatever he can for TEX
Friday, September 23, 2005 8:21 AM on j-body.org
1. Because of all the slack he got for New Orleans.

and 2. (most likly reason) Because its his home state.

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site

Re: 2 reasons why Bush will do whatever he can for
Friday, September 23, 2005 8:22 AM on j-body.org
good call

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, September 23, 2005 8:26 AM on j-body.org

Friday, September 23, 2005 8:31 AM on j-body.org
and he more than likely owns like half the oil there too anyway....

Friday, September 23, 2005 8:35 AM on j-body.org
SLO CAV (hates the ADBOT) wrote:and he more than likely owns like half the oil there too anyway....
would you name the oil company bush owns here? hell do more for here because of all the @!#$ from new orleans. and besides it looks like N.O is gonna flood again .

"Youre lucky that 100 shot of nos didnt blow the welds on your intake"
-Vin Diesel
Friday, September 23, 2005 9:26 AM on j-body.org
He is just stepping it up because of Katrina he would of treated Rita same as Katrina if Katrina wouldn't of happened. He would have treated Rita just like every other president would if Katrina didn't happen. Bush is just getting slammed because it is the cool thing to do.

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:35 AM on j-body.org
Thank you^

Everyone wants to put bush down. Yall act like its so easy to be president. Id like to seriously see some of you make the descions he has to make. You think any other president would have done anything different?

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:44 AM on j-body.org
i think he's gonna do what he can because he learned from katrina.......is it that hard to figure out.....damn.......oh and besides, most of the hurricane stuff right now is in the hands of the local government, not the president

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, September 23, 2005 9:48 AM on j-body.org
3. Because he hates black people.

Oh, wait, you mean there's black people in Texas too? Damn, there goes that theory.

Friday, September 23, 2005 10:03 AM on j-body.org
i hate all black people........oh wait, no thats not true, take the word black out of that statement then its true

Hail Satan

Friday, September 23, 2005 10:16 AM on j-body.org
NfamousZ24 wrote:He is just stepping it up because of Katrina he would of treated Rita same as Katrina if Katrina wouldn't of happened. He would have treated Rita just like every other president would if Katrina didn't happen. Bush is just getting slammed because it is the cool thing to do.

Roscoe wrote:Thank you^

Everyone wants to put bush down. Yall act like its so easy to be president. Id like to seriously see some of you make the descions he has to make. You think any other president would have done anything different?

Remember last year after hurricane charlie hit florida? Bush was blasted for going to the area to show support and promise aid too quickly. (mostly by Kerry... gee, I wonder if that helped Kerry get votes in Florida). He gets bitched at for reacting too quickly in Florida.... then he gets bitched at because he was too late for Katrina (How fast would Kerry have reacted to Katrina, after saying Bush was too quick to FL?). Now he's getting @!#$ because he's going to go in too early for Rita. "Oh, he's going to get in the way of recovery efforts"... he's the @!#$ president, he should be in the middle of recovery efforts.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.

Friday, September 23, 2005 1:09 PM on j-body.org
NfamousZ24 wrote:He is just stepping it up because of Katrina he would of treated Rita same as Katrina if Katrina wouldn't of happened. He would have treated Rita just like every other president would if Katrina didn't happen. Bush is just getting slammed because it is the cool thing to do.

Many people are slamming Bush because it's the cool thing to do, that is correct. However, you said "Bush is *just* getting slammed", which is not true. He screwed up. And we don't have to debate it anymore because he owned up to it.

Roscoe wrote:Thank you^

It's silly to assume anyone couldn't of made better decisions. To say that is to say that he made the best decisions possible because no one could of done better, which we know isn't true. Just ask him.

Now if you want to ask specifically if John Kerry could of made a better decision, who knows? I wouldn't put 2 bucks either way on that wager.

---

Friday, September 23, 2005 1:27 PM on j-body.org
A simple conclusion, even though he cannot be elected for another term himself. There are more electoral votes in Florida and Texas than there are in Louisiana
Friday, September 23, 2005 1:44 PM on j-body.org
how is this even a debate......its not about politics or his money or oil.....its simple.....he screwed the pooch on katrina and doesn't want to repeat that mistake on rita, so the government is acting faster to ease the suffering of people

Hail Satan

Friday, September 23, 2005 2:49 PM on j-body.org
I'll put it this way:
1: no FEMA director to dump the blame on.
2: He's dropped the ball once already by waiting (AND WAITING) in the MS area
3: He's beginning to understand the consequences of popular revolt.

Doesn't matter if he hates black people or not, if he f***s it up again, there will be a lot of very angry and very well connected people looking for where the buck stops, and that's at the president's desk unless he's shirking that responsibility. There have been votes to impeach a president substantially less ineffective, for considerably less.

How often do you let a guy kick you in the nuts before you tell him enough is enough?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, September 23, 2005 2:59 PM on j-body.org
Also, regarding Rita/Katrina and the 2004 hurricanes: Bush had FEMA dispense BILLIONS in reparations with all the restraint of a drunken sailor. The Insurance companies had to shell out next to nothing in living expenses for hurricane victims.

NOW however, there is a fairly labourious and time-intensive procedure as well as a lot of waiting time before getting federal funds.

It must help to be in battleground state, or in the home state.

Friday, September 23, 2005 3:42 PM on j-body.org
Did you guys forget that the mayor of New Orleens is the one that drooped the ball first.
Followed directly by the govenor of the state and then the federal govt. and BUSH. Remember that the feds are the 3rd string when it comes to disaster relief NOT the first
so where yes the feds did f--f up BAD it was first the local govt. how messed up soooo
badly that the feds had to step in. True they didn't do a good job but what they did was far better then the state level.

As for Texas with all the people running to get out of the way it would appear that they are actualy listening to the warnings and are smart enough to run. The people in New Orleens that stayed behind have absolutly NOONE to blame but themselves. They were warned they desided to stay its on them and noone else. And I don't want to hear those poor people had no way out cause in every picture I've seen where someones getting rescued by a boat or a chopper theres a car or 2 or more in the pic with them.
If they're too stupid to leave they got what they wanted.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, September 23, 2005 3:47 PM on j-body.org
jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:Did you guys forget that the mayor of New Orleens is the one that drooped the ball first.
Followed directly by the govenor of the state and then the federal govt. and BUSH. Remember that the feds are the 3rd string when it comes to disaster relief NOT the first
so where yes the feds did f--f up BAD it was first the local govt. how messed up soooo
badly that the feds had to step in. True they didn't do a good job but what they did was far better then the state level.

No one forgot that the local and state levels screwed up. And unfortunately, in the end, the Federal government is the ONLY level of government that did something, so I guess it is better than both local and state. A piss-poor terrbile job is better than no job done at all!

jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:
As for Texas with all the people running to get out of the way it would appear that they are actualy listening to the warnings and are smart enough to run. The people in New Orleens that stayed behind have absolutly NOONE to blame but themselves.

As long as you're not including all the poor who went to the Superdome like they were told they could, then I won't argue with this statement.

---

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM on j-body.org
Oh I'm not saying the peps at the dome they were told to go there I was referring to the ones who thought it would be ok as if some magical ferries would put up a wall around there house and protect them.

I do feel bad for the ones who were really trapped you know elderly and people who had health probs but everyone else got what they deserved.

And Thanks AGuSTiN its nice to know I'm not the only one who pays attention to the news and saw the locals doing nothing.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, September 23, 2005 5:54 PM on j-body.org
Jack: I didn't forget, and I also remember 2004.

Friday, September 30, 2005 4:54 PM on j-body.org

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:47 AM on j-body.org
Like good sheep, we all rally to support one of the two sides we've been taught to support. Nothing Bush ever does will be anything but castigated by the Left. Nothing the Left ever does will be anything but castigated by the Right. Such obedient animals we all are!

Ever wish there were more than two choices? Man, I sure do...

My favorite incident from the 'news coverage' which followed Katrina...some nightly news network anchor had an older black woman from unevacuated NO on camera. He was clearly trying to get her to jump on the bandwagon of bashing the feds, but the sly woman refused to take the bait. She offered that she watched in wonder as waters rose up and swamped hundreds of school buses, Greyhounds, and the like...all vehicles that could have been used to get people OUT before the fact...all sitting there being destroyed by the swirling, rising waters. She was intent on drawing attention to the complete lack of preparedness or action on the part of local government, and would have NONE of this 'monday morning quarterbacking' bashing the Feds in the aftermath. The news anchor was clearly disappointed, for he had chosen a Black Woman to interview..after all, this should have been a slam dunk. But his racist self failed to understand that Black Women have brains and free will too, and the God-given right to have their own opinions. It was classic, and an all-too-ignored piece of the Big Picture.

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:48 PM on j-body.org
Bill: Nice to see a new face here

I'm not bashing Bush because he's Bush or Republican... He had everyone on top of the situation in Florida in 2004 (ie an election year) and now, its plodding along..

Anyhow.. I'm not dismissing the lack of preparedness either.... That's utter horses**t. It doesn't take a Krescan to see that there might be a hurricane sometime, it might be a real good idea to prepare an evac schedule and maybe even practise it once.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:03 AM on j-body.org
Thanks for the welcome! I'm sorry it took me so long to get here, my walk has beome extremely silly as of late...

Yeah, ol' 'W' sure took it in the shorts on this one. Sad part is, none of us plebians are ever likely to know what REALLY went down with Katrina, and the apparently late response.

Part of me wants to believe that there was a wait and see attitude the first couple of days, with the ultimate response delayed thusly (after all, this was a strictly unprecedented event). I saw serious military presence there on Friday AM, which was approximately three days after the extent of the storm's destruction was first fully realized. Mobilization of such force isn't instantaneous, as we all well know, and perhaps there was a mistaken notion that possibly the people who stayed would have been able to mind their own needs for three days.

But then it all comes down to second-guessing...should those who have stayed realized that several days food and water would be required to weather the aftermath? Should government on all levels have realized that these people would not / could not have done so? Mistakes were made, for sure...EVERYWHERE.

I take solace in the reaction of the Cajuns that got whacked by Rita a few hundred miles to the west. They knew full well what they faced, and even with their limited resources, they took care of their own before and after the storm. Self-sufficient people just react so much better in cases like this.

Hopefully we all learned something to apply in the future. The preparation and reaction to Rita suggests we may have. The last time Louisiana got whacked with two such storms in the same season was like 80 years ago, so I'm sure that whatever was learned then has either softened and/or just did not apply to the modern configuration of the N.O. Delta. But one thing I am confident in...those storms 80 years ago sure didn't occur due to ambigiously conceived rationale regarding Global Warming...and neither did the five hurricanes that continuously leveled N.O. while it was being first built some two hundred years ago...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:00 AM on j-body.org
What really went down with Katrina?

About 70 years ago some mewling pantywaists living in new orleans, which has had seasonal flooding since the thing became a river--which was probably before human habitation in N. America, were complaining about the annual flooding, so we, in our *infinite wisdom* dredged the river, walled up the channel, and prevented the annual flooding. This had the side effect of washing the delta away, so we built a leevee to try and keep the delta and the city from going to Davey Jones' locker.

Then, Big Bad Cat-5 hurricane comes in, and turns the place into Venice Part II

And we, as a specie have the audacity to be surprised...we @!#$ with nature, nature @!#$ us back.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search