Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:09 PM on j-body.org
Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...

lol.

-Borsty

Re: Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:14 PM on j-body.org
how gay
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:20 PM on j-body.org
Borsty wrote:Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...

lol.

Thats awsome, STOP THEM.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:04 PM on j-body.org
All are valid points...

8 is scary because we seem to be heading there.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:10 PM on j-body.org
Borsty: Didn't Butterc.. Uh... Sizzy post that a while ago?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:03 PM on j-body.org
Hilarious!

(patiently waiting for crap to hit the fan on this one)
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:35 PM on j-body.org
unholysavage wrote:Hilarious!
(patiently waiting for crap to hit the fan on this one)

What he said^^^

AmazingJay
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:03 PM on j-body.org
I thought we already did this.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:08 PM on j-body.org
name that song...

Quote:

Seven a.m.
The garbage truck beaps as it backs up
And I start my day thinking about what I've thrown away

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:43 AM on j-body.org
Borsty wrote:Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage

lol.

Only one reason is needed; God said no to homosexual behaviour and that is good enough for me. I am sure that a few of you will reply with quotes from the bible saying it is OK to be homosexual. I have come to expect it.

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ahmperformance.com
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:51 AM on j-body.org
Jesus also said "love thy neighbour, love thyself."

That's easy enough.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:59 AM on j-body.org
I'm liking Borsty more and more. And the question comes into play, what do we do about people who are transgender? I don't think there's anything in the bible about them.

Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:13 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Jesus also said "love thy neighbour, love thyself."

That's easy enough.

We are all going to hell. Just depends on how fast you want to get there.

Frank Serpico: The reality is that we do not wash our own laundry - it just gets dirtier.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:19 AM on j-body.org
Chris Crossont wrote:
Only one reason is needed; God said no to homosexual behaviour and that is good enough for me. I am sure that a few of you will reply with quotes from the bible saying it is OK to be homosexual. I have come to expect it.

Before anyone attacks him, it IS what the Bible says and if he is true to his beliefs, let him be.

I am also Christian and struggle with this one myself. From a non-religious point of view, there are no good reasons to disallow gay marriage. However, I am not "non-religious".

From my own perspective, I guess I'd allow it, even defend it against BS arguments, but not like it. Same as my view on abortion. I'd rather people find their solutions at church rather than the courthouse.

---

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:20 AM on j-body.org
t8romE wrote:

That's easy enough.

Please speak for yourself as I am not going to hell. I grant you that most people will but not nearly all.

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:25 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Chris Crossont wrote:

Before anyone attacks him, it IS what the Bible says and if he is true to his beliefs, let him be.

I am also Christian and struggle with this one myself. From a non-religious point of view, there are no good reasons to disallow gay marriage. However, I am not "non-religious".

From my own perspective, I guess I'd allow it, even defend it against BS arguments, but not like it. Same as my view on abortion. I'd rather people find their solutions at church rather than the courthouse.

I had to pick myself up off the floor. Someone defended me? Thanks!

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:44 AM on j-body.org
Chris Crossont wrote:
t8romE wrote:

That's easy enough.

Please speak for yourself as I am not going to hell. I grant you that most people will but not nearly all.

Sorry to burst your bubble Chris but you don't know that. Nobody knows what the afterlife is like until they get their. now lets get back on topic.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:52 AM on j-body.org
spikej wrote:
Chris Crossont wrote:
t8romE wrote:

That's easy enough.

Sorry to burst your bubble Chris but you don't know that. Nobody knows what the afterlife is like until they get their. now lets get back on topic.

No Spike, I must burst your bubble. I AM going to heaven when I die; I do not have to wait to find out. That would be a cruel God to leave us in the dark like that.

I can only speak for myself however so I am not sure of your direction or anyone else's.

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:56 AM on j-body.org
I love sarcasm in the morning.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:28 AM on j-body.org
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:I love sarcasm in the morning.

Well put.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:22 AM on j-body.org
Chris:

Remeber, if there is a God (which ytou argue adamantly for--nothing wrong with that), then this is the same God that allowed Hanson, Aqua, Fatboy Slim, Marylin Manson, The Back-sync Boys, New Kids on the block, Color Me Badd, and Los Del Rio into the spotlight with thier septage-equivalent of music.

If God isn't cruel--he does have a sense of humor

However, in all seriousness--i could care less if people don't like it--you have the right to your opinion, as Agustin said. But some people--taking on what i can percieve of your perspective, are going to hell whether or not you try to save them or not. Some will never embrace God whether you try or not--this does not make you a faliure as a christian--they have their own paths to lead, and that may be away from, or against what you percieve God's will is. Further, their behavior and Paths may be what God intended them to do.

As such, and i'm not poiting this at you, but rather making a broad statement, don't try and impose what you believe in on someone else. If 2 lesbians and/or 2 homosexual men want to get married--let them. That issue will be solved between them and God.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:32 AM on j-body.org
and like its been stated before, the simple solution to gay marriage that is a perfect compromise is to drop the term marriage from the act of bonding 2 people together in a legal manner

call that a civil union, for straights and gays, that is the legal bond, that would be used in the way a marriage is used today

call the religious cerimony a marriage, that way its up to the church to marry gays or not to, and the legal aspect is left alone

that way religion doesn't get in the way, and gays can have legal equal rights

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:20 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

That would be a cruel God to leave us in the dark like that.

Did he tell you that your going to heaven himself? Cause he is the one with the final decision. Judgement you can say. If he exists it is impossible to predict what he will do.
Just like you wouldnt be able to predict that he is going to send a hurricane and demolish new orleans.

Im not religious, I dont hate gays. But they better not touch me in that way. Let them be married they just shouldnt get tax refunds because of their marriage with our money.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:31 PM on j-body.org
Chris Crossont wrote:

No Spike, I must burst your bubble. I AM going to heaven when I die; I do not have to wait to find out. That would be a cruel God to leave us in the dark like that.

I can only speak for myself however so I am not sure of your direction or anyone else's.

first,who told u ur going to heaven? back in the day priests were telling people if they pay money they can lift their dead relatives from pergatory into heaven. everyone then believed in this. but later the world realized this was untrue. what you "think" garantees u into "heaven" now, may end up being completely wrong. and history has proven and shown this.

secondly, if god is not cruel, why would he CREATE a human homosexual only to let them live and condem them to hell just for being who they were born to be? is that not cruel?

and like was said before. "love thy neighbor love thyself" when technically most christians follow it as it actually read "love thy neighbor love thyself unless they are different than you" why are gays not thy neighbor? and if they are why would u not be accepting of them, since loving thy neighbor = love thyself. and if u do not love thyself or thy neighbor how can u embrace god? and how could he embrace u when u are so selfish with your love?

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:36 PM on j-body.org
Excellent, a thread with both homosexuality and religion in it. Let's throw in politics and abortion to get EVERYONE arguing.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search