Speak english or GTFO! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Speak english or GTFO!
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:18 PM on j-body.org
I am so sick and tired of @!#$ people that cannot speak the language of this country, you live here, its your responsiblity to know it, you shouldnt be allowed in to live as a resident unless you know it, this is one issue im far to the right on. Call it conservative whatever. There is far too much ease on this issue. And most of all what irritates me is when these people that dont speak it get mad at you because they dont know how to communicate effectively

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: Speak english or GTFO!
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:23 PM on j-body.org
kinda funny since you work for tech support...the most likely case of nto speaking english

but anyway, i agree.....all imigrants should be aloud a 3-6 month grace period once they come into this country(have to give them a chance to learn) then they should have to take a test which involves holding a normal conversation with a person about many different topics. if they fail their visa gets revoked...end of story

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:23 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:I am so sick and tired of @!#$ people that cannot speak the language of this country, you live here, its your responsiblity to know it, you shouldnt be allowed in to live as a resident unless you know it, this is one issue im far to the right on. Call it conservative whatever. There is far too much ease on this issue. And most of all what irritates me is when these people that dont speak it get mad at you because they dont know how to communicate effectively

I agree 110% , its stupid as hell to live here and not know the language

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:25 PM on j-body.org
i agree, i cannot wait when all these kids get a jog and can spell because they abreviate everything. c u 8 a b. lol

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:40 PM on j-body.org
Yep totally 100% agree with you.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:00 PM on j-body.org
I agree.

But i take this to the next level...if you're going to go to any other country for an extended period of time, at least *try* to learn their language, instead of complaining that "dem durn furriners can't speak a lick of english!"

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:11 PM on j-body.org
they don't have to, america does not have an official language, so when you say "learn the language" its a meaningless statement, true english is the predominant language but it is not the offical language

however they should learn english because its what is the main language

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:19 PM on j-body.org
i agree, but how mad do you have to get to put a post online about it? get a life

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:22 PM on j-body.org
^^^dude its the war forum.....the desiganted area for bitching, if you dont want to hear about things like this dont come to thsi section

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:49 PM on j-body.org
So, if my illiterate grandma moved to the US, she should be required to learn English? And by illiterate, I mean illiterate in all languages. I'm not sure she can learn English if she can't even read or write her native language.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:54 PM on j-body.org
^^^either that or you need to take sole care of her...and be her translator everywhere she goes.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:54 PM on j-body.org
hell no she shouldn't have to, this is america, if you don't wanna do something you don't have to.....it may make her life easier to know english, but its not neccissary

Hail Satan

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:00 PM on j-body.org
if she wants to communicate then ti msut be in english

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:46 PM on j-body.org
hears an idea, lets all learn another language. spanish, french, whatever
then we wouldnt have a problem

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:05 PM on j-body.org
^^^ How's about making sure all Americans can at least speak & spell properly. What's with this ignoring proper U placements?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:11 PM on j-body.org
Heres a better idea they want to be here so damn bad let them learn how to comunucate and if that means learning english well then I guess they should start.
My family is from all over Europe and NOONE who came here spoke english but they learned because they wanted to be Americans. And they learned which is what everyone should do. But then you have the cry baby bitches from the A.CL.U. who say its not fair to the imagrents to come here to be made to learn the language. Ah ok
A.C.L.U. how are they supposed to support there families at any level above poverty?

People just need to learn to speak English if they expect to live here. I don't go overseas and get all pissy if they can't speak english, ITS THERE FREEKING COUNTRY SO I SHOULD LEARN TO SPEAK THERE LANGUAGE !!!!! well same goes here.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:28 PM on j-body.org
Machzel08 (Cumberbund) wrote:if she wants to communicate then ti msut be in english

Right, then I won't have to give her one of my remaining few "You're in America now. Speak English!!" stickers.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:49 PM on j-body.org
jack: I'll tell you something, and you're probably not going to like hearing it: That's the EXACT same attitude a lot of french people in the area (Outaouias region, Montreal, everyone is pretty much bilingual... France and Switzerland is the sameish thing, but they give you a good bit of respect for at least trying) have for people that speak english, and try at french. Basically, if you can't do it, shut up and GTFO.

English isn't an easy language to learn, and it's not like everyone picked it up immediately either. Have a bit of patience, and at least give them a bit of respect for putting forward the effort. I don't even want to try and relate how bloody difficult it was to try and talk with relatives in gaelic, or try and flummox my way around Spain (I don't speak spanish.. unfortunately)... No one is perfect, and cutting people that are trying to learn, a little slack will make it easier. Not everyone in the USA or elsewhere is a complete asshole about communicating.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:02 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Whoe Gam I never make fun of or don't help people who actualy try to speek english. I do my damn best to try to help my non so great english speaking customers but they at least try and seem like they want to learn. I'm talking about the ones that
refuse to or act like I should know how to speek spanish when when I'm trying to order
my lunch from them. Do you know they actualy have pictures on the registers now cause these people can't read at all! wht the fu(k is up with that? Its those types that need to learn or get out.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:09 PM on j-body.org
If someone comes here... and is TRYING to learn English... give them a break...

However... those to do not wish to even TRY to learn English... should GTFO. They came here... we should NOT have to conform to them.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:14 PM on j-body.org
if someone trys to speak to me in spanish or french or whatever language it may be....sure i might know what there saying but i pretend to not have any clue what there telling me...i figure...if i make there life hard as hell because they dont know english..then maybe they will try and learn it to make there life a little easier

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:26 PM on j-body.org
well the way i see it is no they don't have to learn english, but im not gonna learn a new lanuage to conform to them, so basically learn the language the majority speaks or have a tough life

Hail Satan

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:27 AM on j-body.org
How many friggin times is this gonna be brought up? Bytch all you want but it's not gonna change a damn thing!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:56 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:I am so sick and tired of @!#$ people that cannot speak the language of this country, you live here, its your responsiblity to know it, you shouldnt be allowed in to live as a resident unless you know it, this is one issue im far to the right on. Call it conservative whatever. There is far too much ease on this issue. And most of all what irritates me is when these people that dont speak it get mad at you because they dont know how to communicate effectively

English is supposed to be the language of the land. There was a time when immigrants came here to start over. That meant shedding the old ways and becoming an American. We were once a melting pot but now we have become a stew. With everyone marching to different beats, no wonder we are failing as a society.

I do however feel that you should not be mean about it. Say it with love.

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ahmperformance.com
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:48 AM on j-body.org
Chris: Well, it's the language of the land, Unless you're talking about some parts of California (ebonics/Spanish/spanglish), Texas (hick texan, Bushspeak, Spanish), Louisiana (Acadien, franglais) or Florida (cubano, spanglish).

The melting pot idea was a great in theory, but it's pretty lame in practice. To compare, Canada has both French and English as official languages, but, if you look at immigration services in Vancouver, it's offered in about 15 languages on paper, and in english/french/mandarin. Citizenship courses are only given in English/French.

It's worth it to learn the language of the land, but some people have a lot of difficulty. For some reason, a lot of eastern europeans, and mid-easterners (read: languages that have 2 or 3 genders) have a lot of problems with english. If they're older, it's even harder.

I'm not excusing their behaviour, but giving a bit of insight. It's kind of like trying to learn Ojibway, Beothuk or Navajo (ie. languages with no past/present/future tenses) cold from only speaking english. It can be difficult.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search