Speak english or GTFO! - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Speak english or GTFO!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:57 PM on j-body.org
well nobody said that they shouldnt atleast learn the basics, the only thing i didnt like was him saying if u cant speak english get out... my mom and dad couldnt speak english for about 2 years, so for 2 years all they did was work(so should we have left cuz of that?) thats all im saying it takes some people longer than others, my parents were in there late 30's early 40's when we came here so for not knowing any english i think 2 years is pretty reasonable time to learn. lucky a nice older couple took time out to help us all learn english...

-------------
Now Blazing: Black Domina

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:08 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:I am so sick and tired of @!#$ people that cannot speak the language of this country, you live here, its your responsiblity to know it, you shouldnt be allowed in to live as a resident unless you know it, this is one issue im far to the right on. Call it conservative whatever. There is far too much ease on this issue. And most of all what irritates me is when these people that dont speak it get mad at you because they dont know how to communicate effectively

People agree with this topic but you need to reword your original post! You come off as a racist.....how I see it!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:40 PM on j-body.org
yea, the intentions of the original post may have been a bit different than what it came off as, but i, as well as others, responded to exactly what was written. alexander has a good point with that.

i think most of us here at least agree with the opinion that those that live here should attempt to learn the language that is predominantly spoken. at least that much is settled.

keeper of the light - thats awesome that you're trying to learn another language. with polish, as well as many other eastern languages, if you can get the pronunciation correct then the spelling and writing will follow (because it is often written exactly as it is said). hit me up sometime on email or aim, we could chat about cars, polish, or cars in polish. and my g/f is czech, and i've noticed that i can pick up a few things just by listening.

Blown.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:50 PM on j-body.org
Trying, although language is not my strong suit. I know that slavic languages all have the same base, and some words thus carry over (like the romantic languages), and thus, some things you can get, some you can't. at least she left me links to slovak TV stations, so i can try to pick up things through immersion. Plus, seeing the way the slovaks bash their politicians on TV, makes me wish we did that here (come on, who wouldn't love to see a talk show hosted by someone like George Carlin or Henry Rollins interviewing Bush and not llowing Bush a teleprompter?)

Still, from what I understand, there's little difference between Czech and Slovak--all of my g/f's fave musicals are in Czech. Plus, both countrys are big on Hockey--always a plus, especialy since Slovakia gave us Miroslav SATAN

Feel free to hit my up on IM--i'm on Yahoo most often--LordKOTL. just say you're from JBO and it will be cool. I just won't guarwentee i'll be on that often

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:18 PM on j-body.org
Dude soul horse, Castellano and spanish from mexico are different. You dont think I speak spanish castillian, doesnt mean I dont speak spanish. The mexicans dont speak Castillian dialect.More people speak the spanish i speak than the castillian dialect you speak. Thats southern california spanish from Los Angeles. You interpreted my last part wrong by the way.
51% of the population in California speak either solely spanish as an only language or spanish with english as a second language. The times sure change.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:30 PM on j-body.org
Can we all at least agree that Latin food is awesome and Latin woman are SOME of the most beautifull woman on the planet?
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:25 PM on j-body.org
I prefer German/British women personally...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:01 PM on j-body.org
i have to say i'm all about the czech girls (see previous post ).

Blown.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:05 PM on j-body.org
and by the way, polish food is boooooooooooomb!! if anyone cares to, look up homemade recipes of pierogi with fresh fruit doused in a sour cream type sauce (the best food you will ever have in your life. forget those meat or cheese pierogi! if you can't find a recipe then hit me up, my mom makes the best). ...i know, its off topic, but i had to add it in.

Blown.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:21 PM on j-body.org
I like them pierogies... and latkas...

I may bug you for a recipe for them, these store bought ones aren't cutting it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:00 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I prefer German/British women personally...

I used to date this woman named Soraya. She is from Germany and was a Nanny here in Maryland. I met her when I came home for a 10 day leave from the Corp. We dated for 1 year. She would come stay with me in California from time to time. I can remember calling home and my mother told me that she left....I was thinking to myself, where did she go on a vacation, Disney World, Ocean City? Then my mom said she had to go back to Germany immediately. She got into some trouble over there and it caught up with her I guess. To this day nobody in my family has a clue to what happened to her. I tried contacting her from a number and adress her employers gave me.

She was one of the most beautifull woman I have ever met. So yes, although I think Latin woman are just some of the hottest woman on the planet, I will agree with you Gam that German woman are beautifull as well!

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:53 AM on j-body.org
I'll agree with the latin food, but then again, i like the spicyness of it...

but my favorite is based on my wop heritage...i'm a sucker for italian food.

And, as in my post, Slovak women are the best--creamy pale skin...yum . Latinas don't do much for me.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:57 AM on j-body.org
latin girls have the spice but slovak girls have everything nice. i wish the food here at my univ. was authentic italian food, not processed s**t with laxatives injected. (wow, this thread just went way off topic, haha)

Blown.
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:19 AM on j-body.org
It's okay...my g/f's mom, whi i'm told is a great cook, makes her pizza with catsup...

Because of this, i'm going to find where my grandpa is buried, exhume him, wrap him in a coil of copper wire, place huge magnets on the sides of his coffin, and then hook him up to Chicago's power grid, because of how fast he'll be spinning in his grave...

However, she did try my Chicago-syle pizza . And i told her that she's going to have to visit my Aunt someday, and try her lasagne. Plus, she makes Ravioli to die for!

Still, she did make some of her home cooking--well, a close approximation considering you can't get a lot of the things out here, and it was delicious!

If i may ask, Flip, where's your g/f from? Mine's from Tornal'a, but she's goig to school in Presov. When i visit this winter, We'll be all over Slovakia, and hopefully we'll be able to visit Prague.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:37 PM on j-body.org
kotl, my g/f wasn't actually born in the czech republic, she missed it by a year or two. not a huge deal though, she visited the country often with her parents when she was younger (her mom is from the area around prague and her father is from the southern czech republic but i'm not sure exactly where).

Blown.
Monday, October 10, 2005 12:31 PM on j-body.org
I read only the first post

I know how to speak english because I have studied all my life and have lived in florida for about 4 years now, but If I know a friend from my country (puerto Rico), Ill probably talk to him in spanish..... Not because I am in USA it means that I have to talk in english... So If im besides you and you hearme talking spanish to my friend.... and I dont know you and you are not involved in the topic,,, Im not gona talk english at all.

stop being a redneck

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:47 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Can we all at least agree that Latin food is awesome and Latin woman are SOME of the most beautifull woman on the planet?

Quote:

I prefer German/British women personally...

Quote:

i have to say i'm all about the czech girls

A Italian chick will do it for me.

As for the topic... I speak 3 languages (still wanting to learn more) and I believe it is a good idea speak more languages like in Europe so we can understand and cus each other out better.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:50 AM on j-body.org
south east, south-central, or southwest?

intresting. I know Miska was looking to go to college at Brno, but insted decided on Presov.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:17 PM on j-body.org
kotl - i just found out my g/f's father is from Brno..i realized it when i saw a picture of him wearing a 'Brno Police' shirt, haha.

mr. goowrench - thats exactly why i've been learning german, so i can learn to cus at them in their own language, hahaha.

Blown.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:27 PM on j-body.org
Filip.. My favorite is Mutterficker!! Make sure you're very loud when you do this...

I had a friend in Munich, he was from Poland and his name was Filip, with an F. Weird @!#$.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:39 PM on j-body.org
Ich bin der uber alles...ish der schisse....

the only thing i know about german is that they should have the slang term "liebenwurst" in their language.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:55 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]It's okay...my g/f's mom, whi i'm told is a great cook, makes her pizza with catsup...

funny, my ex g/f her mom made pizza with ketchup, which i assume is the same as catsup correct? and her mom was from Croatia.

-------------
Now Blazing: Black Domina
Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:35 PM on j-body.org
yep.
Because of this, i have to go to my grandfather's gravesite, exhume him, wrap him in a large copper coil, and install magnets along the sides of his coffin. then hook him up to the power grid of Chi-town. For how fast he's spinning in his grave, it will generate power for the entire city.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:32 PM on j-body.org
It's a awesome idea to learn foriegn lanuages if you so choose to. I for don't care to learn a foriegn language (at this present time). So yea, I am pissed when I go somewhere and the bastard can't even speak the proper language. I would expect the same if I went to Brazil and lived as a "citizin". I think the Brazilain nation should learn to speak English because I can't speak Espanol.

Josh
SLK 32

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:52 AM on j-body.org
Whore wrote:It's a awesome idea to learn foriegn lanuages if you so choose to. I for don't care to learn a foriegn language (at this present time). So yea, I am pissed when I go somewhere and the bastard can't even speak the proper language. I would expect the same if I went to Brazil and lived as a "citizin". I think the Brazilain nation should learn to speak English because I can't speak Espanol.

Well....very well thought out Whore! And if and when you try to speak Espanol to a Brazilian, don't be offended if they don't understand you very well because they speak Portugese!

And don't refer to people who can't speak English as bastards please!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search