Alternative Fuel / Energy Conservation - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Alternative Fuel / Energy Conservation
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:42 PM on j-body.org
Chris Crossont wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:True, and that would be a great idea if it weren't also true that most people have all the self-control of a perpetually horny spider monkey.

I don't think Government is the solution either, but maybe this market is forcing people to conserve a little more than they would have previously. The only thing worse than high fuel prices is people that think their rights are being infringed upon because of high fuel prices.

Drive less, drive responsibly, don't make excessive trips, and keep the car in good tune. It's not so hard, but then again, we don't know how good we had it until we lost it.

If they were followers of Jesus Christ, they would behave themselves and think of others. Are you seeing a pattern yet? Jesus IS in everything.

Dude Dont bring other currently debated topics into other threads.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:57 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel wrote:
YAAAYYY

someone else understands about housing prices and forced commutes!!!!

Well, I'll put it like this: I live about 40 miles from my place of work, and 55 from my GF's. We commute daily, and I carpool with one of my co-workers that lives close.

The fuel costs aren't all that much more, and the other guy from where I work pays me like $20 a week in fuel costs so it's not that bad. When I work Nights, my GF busses it home. Currently, our city council is debating an East/West light rail line (that will probably be diesel electric) that, if approved, would make my and my GF's commute a lot easier. I don't live in the vicinity of where I work because it's about $400,000 for a 3 bedroom home there (nothing smaller available).

Either way, by carpooling and slowing the hell down and following the speed limits, I'm saving about $10-$20 in Gas. If the rail line was put in, I'd have to spend money for fuel stabiliser.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:33 PM on j-body.org
def carpool and slower speeds def helps

also, i took out all my stereo equip since it was like 300+lbs of crap im getting almost 50 miles per tank higher than before.

but like u said u cant live where u work since housing is $400k+ there

thats how it is ALOT of places now adays.

imagine how much u would save if u could live and work within 10 miles of eachother.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:40 PM on j-body.org
If it were like that, I'd bike quite honestly. Or take public transpo. If there was a way for me to get to and from work with decent travel time (literally bussing it is over 1:45:00 in the morning and over 2 hrs. at night) I'd do it easily. $85 for an express/rail pass and I'm already ahead of the game by $80 per month with fuel costs.

If I could work out of the closer complex to me (there are about 6 RCMP campuses in Ottawa), I'd walk to work.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:52 PM on j-body.org
^ even better.

now imagine if every city could run liek that where the majority of the towns workers only commuted in car or bike or rail/bus max 15 miles to work. the entire economy would change.

not only because decrease in fuel sales but increase in all kinds of other sales because people would have MORE time at home or going out = movie tickets, movie rents, sport games, food sales, everything.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:32 AM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:
Chris Crossont wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:True, and that would be a great idea if it weren't also true that most people have all the self-control of a perpetually horny spider monkey.

I don't think Government is the solution either, but maybe this market is forcing people to conserve a little more than they would have previously. The only thing worse than high fuel prices is people that think their rights are being infringed upon because of high fuel prices.

Drive less, drive responsibly, don't make excessive trips, and keep the car in good tune. It's not so hard, but then again, we don't know how good we had it until we lost it.

If they were followers of Jesus Christ, they would behave themselves and think of others. Are you seeing a pattern yet? Jesus IS in everything.

Dude Dont bring other currently debated topics into other threads.

Dude.

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ahmperformance.com
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:54 AM on j-body.org
DUDE!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:56 AM on j-body.org
Doooooooooood

---

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:25 AM on j-body.org
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:03 AM on j-body.org
Sweet!!!

What's, Mine say?

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:04 AM on j-body.org
"QUICK! TO THE ORGASMOBILE!!!" What?" "MY BUICK CENTURY!!!"

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:10 AM on j-body.org
lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search