The ASVAB test - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The ASVAB test
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:21 PM on j-body.org
Well its about a month and half away I have taken two times now each time I take it I get a better score but not good enough. I am wanting to go into the Navy. I was just wondering what books you guys and gals have read to help prepare or if you have any tips. thank you much!

2nd place is the 1st loser

Re: The ASVAB test
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:32 PM on j-body.org
Well since this is the War Forum I'm going to talk down to you and be mean.

I've taken it, and it was really, really basic. Go to your local elementary school and grab some 6th grade math and reading books.

---

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:42 PM on j-body.org
yeah, check out some high school text books and stuff, the asvab shouldn't be a problem. unless it was made harder, i dunno

mabey check this out

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:31 PM on j-body.org
ASVAB? Help me out here...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:32 PM on j-body.org
Armed Services Vocational Ability Board?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:44 PM on j-body.org
armed service vocational apptitude battery test

if i remember right

its the test you have to take before joining the U.S. Military

Hail Satan

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:06 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:Well since this is the War Forum I'm going to talk down to you and be mean.

I've taken it, and it was really, really basic. Go to your local elementary school and grab some 6th grade math and reading books.

hahahahahahahaha. That was pretty good heh.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:25 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:Well since this is the War Forum I'm going to talk down to you and be mean.

Its kool lol. I personally thought it was pretty hard. I am not the smartest person but I feel that the 3rd time is the charm. I was wondering when you took it since you said it was so easy?

mikec2003 thanx for the info bro

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:21 PM on j-body.org
not a problem, google can be a great help sometimes

Hail Satan

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:48 PM on j-body.org
yea, on test, jus relax, do your best, and if anything read the question fully before answering. cause sometimes it'll hit like "dee dee dee" and on the puzzle part, what i did is match a-a b-b c-c etc, and take note where the points are. and puttin the shapes together, look for the one unique piece, and look for that same piece in the answers...as for everything else, jus read it over, and go for what's best, when u think about it the answer shows itself. and brush up on yo fractions and stuff. and when it doubt make a "swag" or "wag" (scientific wild a-- guess). you only get counted for what's right. not like that sat's where u get 4 wrong and u lose points or whatever...well good luck bud
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:11 PM on j-body.org
Trevor D. wrote:

Its kool lol. I personally thought it was pretty hard. I am not the smartest person but I feel that the 3rd time is the charm. I was wondering when you took it since you said it was so easy?

Bro, the fact that you didn't get mad over what I said makes you A-OK in my book. You're awesome.

I took it back in 95 or something. It's changed since then, I'm sure of it.

---

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:23 AM on j-body.org
mathematics,english,basic electricity and ciruitry, basic mechanics and I forget what else

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:40 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Trevor D. wrote:

Bro, the fact that you didn't get mad over what I said makes you A-OK in my book. You're awesome.

I took it back in 95 or something. It's changed since then, I'm sure of it.

Well thanx man. I see no reason to get mad about the little crap like that plus I am the one asking for help and advice so its kool. Ya it prolly has changed over the years I am goin to stop by Barnes and Noble after work tonight and find some books. Well back to class work. Later

Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:24 PM on j-body.org
I took it back in 2003, and got a perfect score ( 99 ), and I didn't need to study for anything. It's really just basic knowledge and a bit of applied knowledge.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:19 PM on j-body.org
you'll do fine....fungus with a pencil can score like a 65, which makes you available for 80% of the jobs in the military..

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:53 PM on j-body.org
i took it when i was high, and didn't care how i did on it and got an 82

Hail Satan

Friday, September 30, 2005 12:19 PM on j-body.org
i took it 3 years ago, though it was fairly easy, their were a few tricky questions, i just took it because i got to miss 3-4 hours of class..i bealive i got like a 74-78

96 cavi'/WI j's
Friday, September 30, 2005 12:38 PM on j-body.org
i took it back in like 2000, they forced everyone in my high school to take... yay public school. I couldn't get the military to stop calling me and sending me stuff afterwards.

"hey michael... this is so an so from whatever branch, what are your career plans? have you thought about the ____"

"uh.. actually, i full ride offers from a few colleges, so i think i might do that, rather than you know, boot camp and what not"

but they still didn't take the hint... it got to the point that i would tell the guy on the phone that i was gay and the army would be an awesome time, do they have group showers?

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Friday, September 30, 2005 12:39 PM on j-body.org
oh and i'm not gay... just to make that clear

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Friday, September 30, 2005 12:53 PM on j-body.org
i intentionally failed it... i knew most of the right answers and picked the wrong answer. I was rebelling because they made me take it and i feel it should be voluntary

CarDomain
Friday, September 30, 2005 1:32 PM on j-body.org
I took it in 1999. It was pretty easy. I got a 97.

Friday, September 30, 2005 8:12 PM on j-body.org
So basicley it sounds like I just need to relax, take my time and kick ass lol I feel this year that I understand math better and I know math was giving me the most trouble along with some of the eletric stuff and mechanic parts just because I really do not know to much about all that.

Friday, September 30, 2005 10:26 PM on j-body.org
I got a 99 as well, and could not get those pricks to stop calling me.

Instead of going to Barnes and Noble, go to your local library. I know from working at a library for years that they make study guides specifically for it, Here is one i found on ebay real cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-ASVAB-Study-book-by-Kaplan-textbook-test-prep-NR_W0QQitemZ6979644495QQcategoryZ2228QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck brother, let us know how you do

I agree with Augustin too, pretty cool that you didnt say anything back. Not all of us are good at testing and stuff like that. Im sure you will pass and do awesome in the Navy

Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:06 AM on j-body.org
i took it in 2003 and got a 96 ( which qualifies you for pretty much any job there is) but i took ritalin untill i was 13 which disqualified me,....oh well

Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:34 PM on j-body.org
90 here. everything that has been said is all that needs to be said. I didn't do as well on the mechanic side of it, kept me from my 99.

Do I really need a signature?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search