Smokers .... STFU !! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Smokers .... STFU !!
Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:10 PM on j-body.org
Just heard of another B.S. lawsuit from someone dieing of lung cancer who's gonna sue the tabaco companies for causeing him to get cancer. UM ? This is complete
bull s--t !!!! Noone held a gun to this old farts head for the past 50 or so years to make him smoke. If he got cancer from smoking its HIS fault and noone elses. This whole
blaming everyone else for s--t that you do has got to stop this is just stupid. What do you all think ? Same thing with a gun manufacturer being sued because someone got shot its B.S. and a cop out. I'm waiting for car manufacturers to be sued when someone wrecks there car. Or a beer company to get sued if someone gets nailed DWI or kills someone else in an accident. Where is this all gonna end?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Smokers .... STFU !!
Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:17 PM on j-body.org
It matters not what we know now, it's what was published and generally known when the person started. Once a person starts smoking, no amount of negative health info they see can top the craving for the second most addictive substance on the planet (I think that's right, more addictive than heroin anyway). It takes a lot of will power (and these days chemical aides) to quit smoking. Try not to be too hard on them.

That said, I don't think people should be suing when there is help available. Surely a good doctor and some money (not millions) can get a person off cigarettes. On top of that, just because a smoker gets lung cancer that does not mean the smoking caused it. Only 30% of people with lung cancer have any reason to suspect tobacco (smoked, worked in a smoky environment nor lived with a smoker). To me, that says lots of stuff causes lung cancer, including tobacco. That is not strong enough evidence to win millions from.

PAX
Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:43 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ I smoked for a long time and quit cold turkey for 2000. Thats just another cop out
man, You need will power and to relize your not bullet proof. Anyone can quit smoking
and if you say you've tried and can't then its just cause your too weak willed / minded
not to be a slave for a stupid cigerette. Pepole need to learn to be responsible for there own actions and to stop blaming everyone else for there own f--k ups.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:49 PM on j-body.org
I'm a smoker and proud of it. I, too, think that the cancer lawsuits against the tobacco companies is

It's almost like some guy suing the owner of a titty club he frequents cause his wife left him...

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:51 PM on j-body.org
/\ Ha good point ! I'm not bashing smokers here just the lawsuit b.s. thats all. You know if your hurting yourself and you have noone to blame but yourself.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:50 PM on j-body.org
i dont feel sorry for them

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:06 PM on j-body.org
I smoke, if I get cancer it was my own fault. How about we sue the human race for creating guns, nukes, and everything else that gives us cancer. Heck, lets sue the sun for those awful UV rays that can cause skin cancer.

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:04 PM on j-body.org
It's his right to pursue whatever legal avenues he likes... If it's frivolous it'll be tossed prima-fascia.

However, it's not frivolous, because individual states have sued Tobacco companies for medical costs relating to the care and treatment of habitual smokers.

If the state as an entity can sue for damages, why can't you?

Good luck on it though...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:41 PM on j-body.org
suing companies that market something that you don't need to use = ghey.

ya can't sell prositutes anymore, cuz the diseases will kill ya, so it's illegal. but ya can buy cigarettes and try to sue the ppl who make them? it's ur choice to smoke, just like it sh ouldbe your choice to sleep w/some ugly chick for some money.

( i dunno if i said this whole thing correctly...) but if u want to spend X-amount of dollars on some tobacco, and u end up dying from it, it's your own fault. can't blame anyone but yourself. there have been no guns put to anyone's heads forcing them to smoke.

I'm tellin' Uncle Ben!! You stole his RICE!!

"premiere cavalier" coming soon to a street near you!!
Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:54 PM on j-body.org
I smoke and i call BS on that too. All this suing stuff is stupid. Just like the old guy who sued a RV company cause the cruse control said auto pilot and he crashed his RV.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:32 PM on j-body.org
Its the same as someone suing Mcdonalds cuz there fatasses and McDonalds made them that way.

*cough *cough

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:40 PM on j-body.org
The problem with this issue is that the courts let people get away with it..... Like the dumbass that sued and won agianst McDonalds cause she spilled hot coffee in her lap... well the cup didnt say it was hot.... I really think that is where the insane lawsuits have came from. I am sorry but if unless I order Iced coffee (that wasnt even around then) I expect my coffee to be hot. I think this person needs to be able to prove that it was smoking that is giving them the lung cancer and not some other factor if they can prove that without a doubt and prove that when they started somking there were no health warnings they should be given a swift kick in the ass for not listening once it was shown to cause lung cancer... I gotta better one for everyone.... Next time you get a speeding try and sue the car company for making a car that goes over the speed limit..... I wonder how far that one will get you............
Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:54 PM on j-body.org
psh i believe he has a right to sue, cigarettes are addicting... its not his entire fault that he couldnt stop and got lung cancer as result, it is the company who induces the product which becomes so needed in his body that chemical changes of not smoking relys worse problems
Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:48 PM on j-body.org
Well, it's like saying the people in the Love Canal area have no right to sue for reparations. The simple fact is that until Tobacco companies fully allocute to their criminal doings (ie, selling a drug that is more addictive than several opiates), they're going to be open to tons of wrongful death suits.

Until the government starts regulating tobacco as a drug (lets face it, you're sucking back on an addictive toxic waste stick), and the Tobacco companies stop conducting business at cornerstores, this is the best recourse you have to get money for pain & suffering.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, October 17, 2005 11:08 AM on j-body.org
i hate people who smoke.....

why die so much earlier than everyone else?
(waits for the cocky attitude about how they don't care...)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:15 AM on j-body.org
The tobacco industry will not die. It has been around to long. Regardless it being a deathstick. It's like the oil industry, why would the government take away or change something that they make so much money off of, taxes wise? Alcohol is the same way.

Josh
SLK 32

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:15 AM on j-body.org
Whore wrote:The tobacco industry will not die. It has been around to long. Regardless it being a deathstick. It's like the oil industry, why would the government take away or change something that they make so much money off of, taxes wise? Alcohol is the same way.

Actually a very good point. The goverment does make a bunch of money off of our vices be it cigarettes or alcohol imagine the taxes they could impose on legalizing the use of but not growing of POT lol. By legalizing its use and not growing it they could give farmers a new crop to grow and help out the farming industry... I mean after all it is safer health wise than cigarettes and alcohol..... Just some food for thought......
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:20 AM on j-body.org
Gam frivilous lawsuits of any kind are bs and this is just yet another example of a frivilous lawsuit. NOONE made him start smoking he CHOSE to, NOONE made him continue to smoke he CHOSE to. And now that hes dying he wants them to pay for his mistakes? BULL S--T !! Its HIS fault hes dying and noone elses. Learn to take responcibility for your actions people.

Thats just like saying if your driveing down a road and you see signs that say DANGER BRIDGE OUT and yet you continue along at 55 thinking Hmm that doesn't apply to me I'm special. Then you crash thru the baracades that read DANGER BRIDGE OUT STOP but no thats not for you and you continue on. then when you crash thru the last sign that reads BRIDGE OUT STOP and you crash into the river 50 ft below you can sue the state for takeing the bridge out from under you. Please if you truely believe he has the right to sue then by all means go drive off that bridge.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:13 PM on j-body.org
Mike Woolever wrote:
Whore wrote:The tobacco industry will not die. It has been around to long. Regardless it being a deathstick. It's like the oil industry, why would the government take away or change something that they make so much money off of, taxes wise? Alcohol is the same way.

Actually a very good point. The goverment does make a bunch of money off of our vices be it cigarettes or alcohol imagine the taxes they could impose on legalizing the use of but not growing of POT lol. By legalizing its use and not growing it they could give farmers a new crop to grow and help out the farming industry... I mean after all it is safer health wise than cigarettes and alcohol..... Just some food for thought......

Can't have one without the other (the growing). That would put a monopoly on a industry that would boom to great. Yea, pot would the government some serious money. If the legalization did happen, you could probably see taxes on food items!! Ya got to remember, the US government wants their cut of EVERYTHING!

Josh
SLK 32

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:22 AM on j-body.org
Reminds me of people suing McDonalds because they got fat eating their food. Just another attempt at complaining for money.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:35 AM on j-body.org
Michael Woolever wrote:The problem with this issue is that the courts let people get away with it..... Like the dumbass that sued and won agianst McDonalds cause she spilled hot coffee in her lap... well the cup didnt say it was hot....

The issue wasn't so much that the coffee spilled on her. The coffee at McDonalds was in the range of 500degrees ferenheit when served. To give a good reference the chicken I cooked last night was only heated to 350degrees ferenheit and I would have burned the @!#$ outta my hands had I not used an oven mit.

It was a matter of safety, not only for the person who recieved the coffee but the McDonalds employees serving the coffee. As a result coffee at McDonalds is served at a greatly decreased temperature.

That's why she won.

I heard about the fat people sueing, part of the settlement would have been a computer for each person in the house and high-speed interenet. Just the thing to cure being overweight.....

-Chris

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:49 AM on j-body.org
if the guy dies the tobacco companies should plead not guilty due to insanity.....just because it would be funny

Go Premium, it builds character!

Friday, October 21, 2005 7:15 AM on j-body.org
jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:/\ /\ /\ I smoked for a long time and quit cold turkey for 2000. Thats just another cop out
man, You need will power and to relize your not bullet proof. Anyone can quit smoking
and if you say you've tried and can't then its just cause your too weak willed / minded
not to be a slave for a stupid cigerette. Pepole need to learn to be responsible for there own actions and to stop blaming everyone else for there own f--k ups.

Are you suggesting that the majority of the population isn't weak willed and weak minded???

Or are you saying that it's their own fault if they are, like they've made some conscious decision to not have any willpower?

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:52 PM on j-body.org
^^^ omg, old school! still alive?
Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:47 PM on j-body.org
T2 wrote:i hate people who smoke.....

why die so much earlier than everyone else?
(waits for the cocky attitude about how they don't care...)

<cocky attitude> case the last years of your life suck anyway.</cocky attitude>
LOL i dont even remeber why i started...

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search