Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old,Is Charged With Rape - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old,Is Charged With
Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:02 AM on j-body.org
Heather: the problem is that at this point, it's not whether or not he has an emotional disorder or whether or not she knows what she wants.

It really has nothing to do with whether or not she knows what she wants.

Can he comprehend what he did is considered morally wrong, and can understand that with doing something wrong he will recieve punishment.

The bigger picture is that there are neo-pedophile groups (man-boy love groups, and legal age lowering groups) that want to see the age of consent lowered to 12, or even 7 in some cases. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:00 AM on j-body.org
Biologically, the line is puberty.

Societally, the line is at when the person could be considered a full-fledged adult--which can vary from 15 to 25.

The line then needs to be drawn somewhere between puberty and 25. And the problem with that issue is that there are places where it could still be morally and ethically acceptable to have a woman married off at age 14--in that she's wed, and she has a man to take care of her. And yet, there are other places where you have women 25 that are nowhere near mature enough to be married or have kids ar 25--or older.

And i'm not speaking therough my eithical code or anything, just observation. My answer--the age of consent should be when you're fully able to be able to accept any consequences of having sex. That can vary from puberty, or it can never happen.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:37 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™] My answer--the age of consent should be when you're fully able to be able to accept any consequences of having sex. That can vary from puberty, or it can never happen.
i hate to say it, but thats a terrible answer. its true, but should never be enacted into a law. the last thing i need is for a 25 year old to decide that i suck in bed and call rape on me because "i wasnt emotionally mature enough to have sex with him". and you know that in these times there would be a dozen lawyers that would jump on that case, just for the money and publicity.

GAM: i agree we should have a set age limit on what constitues statutory rape. unfortunately there will always be cases like this....how do you handle them? one of the biggest reasons i think that this guy shouldnt go to jail is because he married her (and it was BEFORE he got in trouble with the law) and intends to take care of the child. that tells me its more out of love and sense of family than wanting to bang a 12 year old.

let me ask you........what do you think the legal age should be? in WV the legal age of consent is 16. im cool with that. no, i dont go around banging 16 year olds....my rule is 18 w/no exceptions. however we do have to take into consideration the fact that kids are maturing faster, physically and emotionally. look at the differences between a kid growing up in 1975 and today. they know more about the world than we ever did. and its not so much extra book smarts, but street smarts. and thats what counts more in this sort of a situation.

Friday, September 16, 2005 7:52 AM on j-body.org
Who cares about whether it'senacted into law or not, it's the best answer there is. I'll leave it up to the people that fondle themselves while reading law journals to come up with the laws.

It's more of a comment on the disparity of how "mature" the average adult is nowadays.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Friday, September 16, 2005 8:36 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

what do you think the legal age should be?

16. Most boys and girls are mature enough to understand the consequences sex by then.
Quote:

however we do have to take into consideration the fact that kids are maturing faster, physically and emotionally.

Not neccessarily, physically they may be growing up faster but emotionally is not always the case depending on their parents or gaurdians. Some children if babied and spoiled most of their life growing up or allowed to do whatever they like w/o consquence will not be ready for large responsibilties.

Friday, September 16, 2005 9:07 AM on j-body.org
Tabasco: Yeah I see what you're saying, however, given that there is no set rule that is a blanketing rule, you're going to get situations like this.

Also, Keeper's answer is legitimate, there is a difference between what nature and society each dictates, and worse, it's different from person to person.

My thoughts are pretty simple:
- In this case, there was a large discrepancy in ages.
- In this case, We don't know whether or not there was consent from the girl, or her ability to cope with the situation
- Each of these cases are huge pitfalls because of the skewed perceptions/attitudes towards the situation.

I figure, that in this case, Law and order are not equipped to mete out punishment... If he's going to be a father, the parent's are not willing to press charges, and if there is no other party concerned that wants to pursue legal avenues, I say let it drop. If there was rape, or the father wasn't willing to do his duty to the mother and child, then I'd say make it a civil matter.

These kinds of situations aren't easy ones to tread in.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:40 PM on j-body.org
spikej wrote:
Not neccessarily, physically they may be growing up faster but emotionally is not always the case depending on their parents or gaurdians. Some children if babied and spoiled most of their life growing up or allowed to do whatever they like w/o consquence will not be ready for large responsibilties.

there will always be spoiled kids that dont mature as fast as others. however on a whole kids are maturing much faster than before. with most parents working full time many kids practically raise themselves. overall this is a good thing because the quicker you mature, the quicker you can really begin life. however childhood is the time of innocence...and once you lose that innocence you can never get it back.

keeper: i agree what you said is the best idea. unfortunately its also the most ambiguous and doesnt help from a lawful standpoint....and thats sort of what i was trying to get at.

GAM: sure there is a large difference in their ages. but it looks like the girl has been able to cope with the situation so i would rate her mental maturity higher than most her age. the problem is that "hindsight is 20/20". had she not been able to handle it, there would have been more of a problem. but like i said, the guy is willing to care for the girl and their child and shouldnt be punished for it (esp since he was dating her and presumably had her parents permission)

Sunday, September 18, 2005 2:48 PM on j-body.org
Cav. I agree, however, there is no real maturity test, and an IQ test is not conclusive.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, September 19, 2005 3:51 PM on j-body.org
yeah i know. wouldnt it be great if it were though?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:06 AM on j-body.org
Yeah... No more springer epsiodes because the fodder for them would have been long bred out of existence.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:21 PM on j-body.org
ShiftyCav wrote:First off its in Nebraska; second how are you able to marry a 14 y/o legally?? i want to see a picture of this loser. they probably wouldnt have bothered him if he just got married to that goat
WTF does that mean?! First off this crap happens everywhere.....Second he married her in KS. Some people.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:11 PM on j-body.org
JCBLL95 wrote:the son of a bitch needs his balls pounded flat by a wooden hammer. @!#$ pedofile.

Im goin with that ^^^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, October 10, 2005 10:05 AM on j-body.org
actually, i think he, the girl, and the girls parents should be sterilized for the good of the genepool.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:00 AM on j-body.org
Whoa, what a scary situation.

First off, for Kansas = ICBM. Just much much easier.

The major thing that has been posted is maturity. What is funny, in most cases, the legal team would be scared to do anything to a young person due to how fragile their state of mind is. Imagine she is very happy in her on twisted plane of existence then they snatch her "husband and love" away from her. That could be catastrophic to her and could turn the situation into a running nightmare. Then anything from a emotional breakdown to god knows what could happen. Then what happens to the child? Now the grandparents have to care for another child(or a adoption case), because society wants action? So the child grows up asking "Where is my father?. What do you tell the poor kid? He is in jail because of his "misguided" behavior of "loving" your mother? Will this also warp the child? The damage is already done, yet the AG wants to step in and try to play damage control for society. Considering society doesn't have anything to do with this case, I find that BS.

The whole statement of "this isn't his first 'tweenie", could be a media/AG thing to hop up the case as well. You just don' t know anymore. Obviously nobody came forward with allegations toward this statement or AG would be rockin' this case like it was no tomorrow.

Keeper is also right about the age issue. My brother is 28, with 3 kids, by the 3 different women. Sadly, that 14 year old is probably more mature than my brother.

I am NOT saying this is "perfectly OK", I think it's downright disgusting, but what is done is done. You can't turn back the clock. Regardless, life goes on. Please note, that I am arguing for both the "KIDS" here, the 14 year old and the baby. I'd rather see the two grow up somewhat normally, than be all F'd up because "our government knows best". Which we all know is a crock of crap.

Josh
SLK 32

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:12 AM on j-body.org
well, consider this, the physical age is a floating variable. back about 200 years, a 14 year old girl who's unmaried would be considered an old maid. Society has changed her from that to a kid in a scant 200 years. In some cases for the better--because the strains on society for education mean that by 14, you're not prepared to be a fully functional adult. However, we also have to consider while society has made the age of "false innocence" extend further and further out, physiologically, we've not changed at all, and even though a scant 200 years ago a 14-year old woman then and a 14-year old girl now are in different places within the social structure, their libido has remained relatively the same.

As such, this means that the whole sex and relationship issues are getting more and more complex--especially in nowadays society where kids are having sex at younger and younger ages, while the educational needs of society keep getting pushed further and further out...

though, i must admit, I am at a loss as to how to combat this...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:14 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

The whole statement of "this isn't his first 'tweenie", could be a media/AG thing to hop up the case as well. You just don' t know anymore. Obviously nobody came forward with allegations toward this statement or AG would be rockin' this case like it was no tomorrow.

Actually both ABC's GMA and NBC's Today show stated that he had previous relationships young teens and restraining orders with one girl. If it was a one time relationship thing instead of repeated times trying to hook up with young girls then I'd have a different opinion since my father was 5yrs older than my mother and started courting her in high school. Even I dated a girl 3 years younger than me when I was 16 although she sure as hell didn't look 13.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search