Bush Doesn't Hate Blacks... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Bush Doesn't Hate Blacks...
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:52 PM on j-body.org
Thanks

That's the kind of @!#$ I need to hear after a hard (20 hours on scene, trust me, you don't want to know if you ever want to eat) day's night @ work.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:21 PM on j-body.org
Wow people that aren't even citizens of this country feel they have the right to criticize our government. That's just funny to me. Some people just amaze me.

And as a military member I find this offensive. Enough said!

Have a nice time bickering among yourselves

Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:59 AM on j-body.org
It amazes me that more people aren't.

As a person of conscience I find that offensive.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:43 AM on j-body.org
Gam I'm on your side with that. If the U.S. is truely the world dominate power that everyone says we are then why shouldn't people from other countries that have close ties to us be able to be concerned if we're screwing the pooch? Canada has a lot to gain by the U.S. acting responcibly in the worlds eyes and subsiquently they have a good deal to lose as well. Gam isn't doing anything wrong by expressing his distaste for poor policies on the part of Bushes administration. Far from it, and hes not coming here with wild consperisey therois that Bush helped Bin Ladin. His arguements while admitedly are left leaning are well informed well thought out and deserve at least as close as we can give in responce. I try but sometimes I get a little over-zelious with my rebutal, something I'm trying to curb. But to say he can't talk about what are basicly world shaping events is silly. This is just as much his world as it is ours.

If Canada suddenly decaired war or Mexico I bet you'd be concerned about that and you'd probly make a few remarks about Canada. Hope that helps you see what I mean at least a little bit.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:48 AM on j-body.org
Jack: good point... it seems that the US has been nosing around about Chechnya/Russia, same exact situation... but then again, that's an "internal situation."

Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:20 AM on j-body.org
Gam, You mean the U.S. can't keep its nose out of other counries bizness? Where every do yo come up with these things? Theres a movie out perhaps you should see
Gam, Its called "America, world police" . didn't you know its our job to make sure every corner of this planet is full of happiness and joy and rainbows and sunshine?

I thought everyone knew that.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:38 AM on j-body.org
LOL...

It's TEAM America: World Police... And I'm not going to get into it... I'd be banned for certain.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:59 AM on j-body.org
Ashley Becker wrote:Wow people that aren't even citizens of this country feel they have the right to criticize our government. That's just funny to me. Some people just amaze me.

And as a military member I find this offensive. Enough said!

Have a nice time bickering among yourselves

They don't have the same rights we do because they are a citizen of a different country? Everyone has the right to criticize anyone or anything they want. That's the beauty of the freedom of speech. It amazes me as a member of the armed services that you think that our rights (IE free speech) don't apply to people who aren't members of our country. As a tax payer who pays you to protect the Constitution, it offends me that you don't recognize this.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:14 AM on j-body.org
<singing> America....@!#$ YEAH!!!!!

Miska wanted to see that for no other reason than to see the marionettes having sex, and both of us were making cracks left and right at that movie on how some of the underlying truths were.

Ashley:
As someone considered an american citizen, I can say that I like to hear how other countries criticize our government. Unless you are throughly brainwahed or braindead, you can see that america, for all of it's good points, is far from perfect, and maybe, just maybe, that critisism can help us get there. Some countries indeed do things better than us, like, say freedom of speech (less censorship), and the like. Only total fools would assume that they are the best at everything.

Now, before you, or anyone else decides to come down on me yet again for <gasp> actually using my constitutional rights and speak up in my stance on issues, and using my brain to not be a mindless robot programmed by one of the two riegning political parties du jure, rememeber, that it's freedom for everyone no matter how whacked-out, counter-culture, offensive, wrong, or displeasing you are--not freedom fro everyone unless you think they are wrong.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:31 AM on j-body.org
Keeper ! SHAME on you for useing your brain and not alloweing yourself to be a mindless robot programed by a political party of our chosing!! ( Slaps Keeper on the hands ! ) SARCASIM of course !!!!! JK Keeper, I'm actualy inclined to agree with you
100% in this matter I think I can say the same for Gam as well. While I don't LIKE everything Gam has to say who am I to tell him or you for that matter to shut up? Exchange of ideas is extremely important even if you find what I say 90% offensive theres still that 10% that may make you go Hmm? Thats how the world progresses thru open communication and shairing of ideas and beliefs. If for example George Stephensons vertical steam engine had never been seen by others or the idea of it shaired then there would never have been a railroad and the world as we know it would never have existed. Ideas make the world go round good or bad they're both equaly important. As a member of the armed forces you are here to gaurentee that right for us
A L L not just in this country but elsewhere as well. Your hard work in Iraq is planting the seeds of democracy in an area that despritly needs it. Will it be perfect overnight?
HELL no look at this country we're over 200 years old and we're still seeing things that need fixing all you need do is look at the constitution and its amendments to see that.

Gam why would you be baned for that movie? You know you need to tell me now right?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:46 AM on j-body.org
I was going to go into the "loyalty test" scenario, but thought better of it... my internet usage is screened @ work.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:00 AM on j-body.org
Nope and for your info, I am in my Master program and getting ready to attend Law School next fall so my thoughts are mine and no one elses, but what cracks me up is the people that started this and the people who are putting down and arguing everything people say are Canadian and a couple US, and correct me if I am wrong but Queen Elizabeth is the highest offical in Britian and Canada and its funny that when we went to war that Britian was right behind us, if you are going to critize us for going to war critize your own government for doing the same thing because they were right behind the US.

bliZsham: you need to stop and think about what is being said. For your info I served in the Army National guard and had knee surgrey before I went to Basic training so I was let go., My husband is the one who serves, but don't tell me that you pay my husband's salary so you should tell us how we should think about freedom of speech. Unlike majority of everyone in this thread so far, I have better things to do then sit around and down grade the US government. I cast my vote on election day and that voices my opinion. You have the right to freedom of speech, the freedom to protest, so if you don't like it then do something about it, don't sit behind a computer like a chicken, confront the issue at in the open. You are so big on saying freedom of speech and my rights as a US citizen, do something then. You didn't see Martin Luther King or Jesse Jackson behind a letter or computer putting down the governent, they protested, they spoke out. You got something to say then do something about instead of b*tching on a forum. Like I said before, I could care less about this thread because for one it has people in it that aren't even US citizens and there is alot of crap I have experienced when I showed my car in Canada that I could call out, but you know what its not my Country and who am i to judge how they do things. And I have RESPECT for them not too.

Keeper of the Light™ : No one said they couldn't speak about it, i said I find it funny that people that aren't US citizens care more about how we do things and feel they have the right to call it out when like their country is so much more perfect. Since the war started it has always been the US and Britian and guess what Canada and Britian are ulimately ran by the Queen. I never said either that the US was perfect! I don't think that at all, show me a country that is.

Well enough said, hope you all have fun bickering back and forth and feel good about it because at the end of the day its still a problem not solved. So either speak out in public and do something about it. Don't hide behind a computer and talk about your rights and how the government is messed up. You feel that strongly about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Just my opinion so don't flip out.

Have a good day everyone

Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:08 PM on j-body.org
in some cases they have to...as GAM has said many times "whenever the U.S. sneezes, Canada catches a cold". But they have the right to call it out. We have the right not to listen. Some things Canada does better--some thing the U.S. does.

However, Neither Britain nor Canada are run by the queen...i believe it's parliment. The queen is just a figurehead.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:12 PM on j-body.org
What no queen mum?!?!? No way!! Gam say it ain't so.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:32 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]in some cases they have to...as GAM has said many times "whenever the U.S. sneezes, Canada catches a cold". But they have the right to call it out. We have the right not to listen. Some things Canada does better--some thing the U.S. does.

However, Neither Britain nor Canada are run by the queen...i believe it's parliment. The queen is just a figurehead.

Whatever, the queen is a figure head just like Bush is a figure head. Either way everything still goes through the senate and everything goes through Parliament. The point is they are in it too so may they should complain to their own government or do something about it instead of hiding behind a computer. They are entitled to their own opinions but if you are going to throw a big stink about it, have pride in yourself and your rights and do something about it, if all you can do is b*tch behind a computer then I have no respect for you because you don't have respect for yourself to stick up for something you strongly oppose or believe in. Just my opinion again, now I am off to class, have fun everyone

Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:42 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Shes alright!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:31 PM on j-body.org
oh, trust me, i do something about it--it's why someone labeled me "home-grown terrorist". Never underestimate the power of a disgruntled voter with an extreme hatred for partisan politics.

But the difference is this--the Queen holds no political power--the U.S. president does. Huge difference.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:11 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]oh, trust me, i do something about it--it's why someone labeled me "home-grown terrorist". Never underestimate the power of a disgruntled voter with an extreme hatred for partisan politics.

But the difference is this--the Queen holds no political power--the U.S. president does. Huge difference.

The Queen is still a huge figure in their country, if she wasn't what's the point to have one? And yes US presidents that are capable of running the country themselves do, but things still have to go through congress and the senate. As for the past couple of presidents, people behind them have been calling the shots and they are just the figure head. Look at Clinton, now who do you think ran the presidency when he was in office. But like I said before, complaining in a forum doesn't solve the problem, action does, getting your voice heard does! Okay, back to class have a good night

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:15 PM on j-body.org
You mean Clinton didn't run things? Who pray tell did?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:20 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote: You mean Clinton didn't run things? Who pray tell did?

That has always been said, the woman behind the man, the Clinton that is running for president in the next election. Hillary Clinton maybe

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:24 PM on j-body.org
OH my dear GOD Hilliry the commie!! Let me tell you about her! The one statement she made that is gonna mess her up and maybe cost her the chance to even run is when she said that the American people should be taxed 50% of there earnings because we don't know what to do with our money but the gov. run by her husband and her would. SO sure by all means vote for her. I just hope you don't mind kicking out half your paycheck.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:29 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:OH my dear GOD Hilliry the commie!! Let me tell you about her! The one statement she made that is gonna mess her up and maybe cost her the chance to even run is when she said that the American people should be taxed 50% of there earnings because we don't know what to do with our money but the gov. run by her husband and her would. SO sure by all means vote for her. I just hope you don't mind kicking out half your paycheck.

I didn't say I would vote for her but that is who they are putting in their candidacy to run next election. I wouldn't vote for her unless she pulled something out of her a** that was a solution to a very important issue like Social Security or school fundings, stuff like that.

Okay I really have to go now, I have class in 3 minutes, have a good night

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:38 PM on j-body.org
Stop being so atractive to me !!! I'm married already!!!

Dudette I so like the way you think!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:50 PM on j-body.org
Wat's the point of having a queen? Tradition--you know, the thing most people get hung up on because they fear change? It's the same reason why we don't have direct elections, or why we haven't dropped the pretentious religious crap in politics.

But assuming that The last few presidents have been robots? Please...while it's obvious that there is behind the scenes "power behind the throne", it's not as if Bush/Clinton/Bush/Reagan were total puppets. They all have screwed things up by making descsions themselves. We're not that far yet--if we were, we might have seen something coherent and well-thought-out come from Bush.

However, i am impressed with the depth that you believe corruption lies. Personally, I'm all for that; it weakens the system faster and faster. The only thing that disturbs me is that you seem to havr the tone that having an overly-corruptive system is a good thing, and not in the overly-entropic way that i do.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:59 PM on j-body.org
Not sure if thats sarcasim or not Keeper but till told differently I'm gonna hope it is.

Sarcasim on her part not yours man.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search