Speak english or GTFO! - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Speak english or GTFO!
Friday, October 14, 2005 11:29 AM on j-body.org
Alexander Andrade wrote:
Whore wrote:It's a awesome idea to learn foriegn lanuages if you so choose to. I for don't care to learn a foriegn language (at this present time). So yea, I am pissed when I go somewhere and the bastard can't even speak the proper language. I would expect the same if I went to Brazil and lived as a "citizin". I think the Brazilain nation should learn to speak English because I can't speak Espanol.

Well....very well thought out Whore! And if and when you try to speak Espanol to a Brazilian, don't be offended if they don't understand you very well because they speak Portugese!

And don't refer to people who can't speak English as bastards please!

That is my point exactly, and yes, I will refer to them as bastards if I wish. Just like you can refer to me, Whore, as a stupid dumbass, retard, cracker, etc etc etc. It does not bother me because it's all a opinion. Frankly I do not care what language they speak in Brazil, it should be ENGLISH! Just like all the foriegn immigrants are trying to shove their languages down our throats.

(Please note, the line with "Brazil should learn English" is pure sarcasm. I am simply saying I would not go to a foriegn country and expect them to understand more than 3 words of what I am saying. Quit reading so far betweent he lines.)

Josh
SLK 32

Friday, October 14, 2005 3:42 PM on j-body.org
Whore wrote:
Alexander Andrade wrote:
Whore wrote:It's a awesome idea to learn foriegn lanuages if you so choose to. I for don't care to learn a foriegn language (at this present time). So yea, I am pissed when I go somewhere and the bastard can't even speak the proper language. I would expect the same if I went to Brazil and lived as a "citizin". I think the Brazilain nation should learn to speak English because I can't speak Espanol.

Well....very well thought out Whore! And if and when you try to speak Espanol to a Brazilian, don't be offended if they don't understand you very well because they speak Portugese!

And don't refer to people who can't speak English as bastards please!

That is my point exactly, and yes, I will refer to them as bastards if I wish. Just like you can refer to me, Whore, as a stupid dumbass, retard, cracker, etc etc etc. It does not bother me because it's all a opinion. Frankly I do not care what language they speak in Brazil, it should be ENGLISH! Just like all the foriegn immigrants are trying to shove their languages down our throats.

(Please note, the line with "Brazil should learn English" is pure sarcasm. I am simply saying I would not go to a foriegn country and expect them to understand more than 3 words of what I am saying. Quit reading so far betweent he lines.)

I will not resort to calling you names even if you don't care what people think of you. I was just stating facts based on what you type! I do not read to far in between the lines, just stating the obvious!
Saturday, October 15, 2005 6:36 PM on j-body.org
Like its been said, there is no official language for the United States, and thus no requirement for others to learn our language when entering our country. If you want to do something about it, you should push your representatives in Congress to discuss a national language. Untill you do that, shut up.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 10:01 PM on j-body.org
No there is not a "official language" so why are we pressed to learn foreign languages?

Got a bar up your ass Zach or you pissed at me because your "ricer theory" is @!#$ retarded from the Southeast Forum.

Josh
SLK 32

Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:19 PM on j-body.org
I'm not understanding your argument.

No bars, just like messing with the ricers. They are easily offended

Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:33 PM on j-body.org
The US has no declared official language.

You are not forced to learn any language you don't want to. If it's taught in school, you're not forced to learn that, because, you aren't forced to graduate.

If, however, you want to graduate, or conversely, speak with potential customers or possible horrendously underpaid migrant workers and tell them how to do stuff... it would be in your best interests to learn another language.

It also detracts from the idea that you're a colossally uncultured or unworldly selfish prick that want's everything your way.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:41 PM on j-body.org
like I said before....latin immigrants that move here, move in with a friend or relative....they come here in tens or fifteens. They all live together, prodominately in a high latin area.....they all work together, eat together, sleep together. That is why they do not care to learn the english language! It has nothing to do "they should learn". It has to do with what thier surroundings are.

Now like GAM and many others stated....if they wanted to get ahead or become proffessionals in the working industries....yes they will fail, but all they know is construction and thats all they will do!

I think the only way they will become proffessionals in this country is that if they started taking english courses in thier latin country then came here to better educate themselves.

(this all comming from a latin american)
Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:37 PM on j-body.org
What about a Franco-Canadian that moves to the Bayou in LA and shrimp Fishes for the rest of his life?

Why bother learning english if you're not going to use it?

I have no propensity to learn Estonian... but if I'm going to do something that will require it, I'd be pretty sure to make certain I learned it at least a little. BTW, more Mexican migrant workers are in Produce farming than anything.

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:10 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:What about a Franco-Canadian that moves to the Bayou in LA and shrimp Fishes for the rest of his life?

Why bother learning english if you're not going to use it?

I have no propensity to learn Estonian... but if I'm going to do something that will require it, I'd be pretty sure to make certain I learned it at least a little. BTW, more Mexican migrant workers are in Produce farming than anything.

Gam.....Im sorry....my dumbass cannot keep up with your way of thinking and your extensive knowledge....(I need to go back to school....lol)

I think I saw something a few weeks ago when they had interviewed the President of Mexico where he said in the lines of "Mexicans are excellent at building stuff" I guess it was when he offered help to the hurricane victims.

I based it on that.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:10 AM on j-body.org
I have never denied that learning a new language wasn't "awesome", I even stated this in a previous post. But, GAM, with your infinite wisdom, must have over looked this? All I have stated thru this post was the fact I would not move to a foriegn country and expect them to drop the dominant language and speak English. Nothing more.

That's the main point of my post.

Josh
SLK 32

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:15 PM on j-body.org
Whore: (BTW.. I love the handle... that's awesome) And if I agree?

What I'm trying to say is basically that if I'm in another country (to live and work with other people from that country), I'm pretty much going to have to learn to speak the native language. However, if all you're going to do is take orders from someone when you're working, it's a waste of time from a working prospective. Most migrant workers aren't doing customer service, and when they get their orders, it's from the guy in the group that can speak english and translate.

I'm not saying you have to cater to them, not at all... Just that a little give & take may make things go a little more smoothly.

Alexander: I see...

I was saying that there are more mexicans that are in produce farming, but that's assuming you're talking about ones already here (meaning the ones that have been deported by the INS, most were working in farming, specifically strawberry picking). I don't doubt that there are a lot of skilled tradespeople in Mexico that want nothing more than a bite at the gov't cheese of rebuilding contracts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search