50 cent is such a role model for kids... (Video) - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
50 cent is such a role model for kids... (Video)
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:41 AM on j-body.org
This video is what made me post this up...

http://www.wimp.com/fifty/

I think it's bad enough that he's so gangster and he got shot 8 times bla bla bla but he flaunts it and he flaunts a lifestyle that he doesn't even live (atleast anymore). So many kids, sad to say, look up to him but I guess in the eyes of a hussler it doesn't matter what the kids think, as long as you're making your paper huh?

I'm not one to say "Violent games are bad" but when you're marketing yourself in a video game as yourself and not a fictional charachter, that's gonna give certain people the wrong impression and make kids think "Hey, 50 cent does this...I'm gonna do it to". As stupid as that sounds, there are kids who really think like that.

Now that I am a parent, I would be more warry of what games my son would play when he does get older and what he sees because kids are way too impressionable, especially when they don't have proper parental guidance.

What do you guys think of this soon to be game?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: 50 cent is such a role model for kids... (Video)
Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:47 AM on j-body.org
that cg animation is unaccurate as all hell

50 isnt THAT big

bullets dont shoot out with the case

people dont fly back from gunshots

that guy wouldnt have flown that high.

-Borsty
Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:22 AM on j-body.org
...people who say "video games and hiphop music dont affect our youth culture" are RIDICULOUS. Thta is ALL that affects our youth culture. Young, caucasian girls in America aspire to be either Britney Spears or -insert a name- from -insert a teen sitcom- (i.e. Laguna Beach, 7th Heaven). Young, lower to lower class men aspire to be like whatever they see/here on the tv/radio/music televsion (i.e. fake *ss gang-stars like 50 cent, bonecrusher). America has no culture. The arts are not revered or federally supported, they are actually mocked by youth (I used to be a prfoessional , jazz, tap, ballet, etc....and my peers in high school, guys and girls alike, would look at me like i was nuts). No one wants to be extraordinary. Everyone just wants to "get by, have fun, get messed up, have as much unprotected sex as possible, and figure the rest out later". I actually love HIP HOP music, but not rap. Difference? (I am very familiar with this argument, I used to be a b-boy , lol.) hip hop is about rocking parties...rap is about rapping gangster ("I push keeeeys, and i bust a cap...me and my lexus and my dubs and my tek-9, yo". I love hip hop groups like Black Eyed Peas, The Roots, even old school stuff like BBD and Toni Tony Tone...I would never listen to any b.s. by 50 cent or the like, as I hate thje message they send. That type of musci doesnt make me feel good...how can b-boys (or ANYONE?) DANCE to that garbage?

Of course, I dont believe everyone is like, this, this is broad, inaccurate genrealization. Sure, there are good, intelligent, driven people out there, who aspire to "be somebody". America is beautiful b/s it is the land of opportunity; we have so much money, so many resources, but there is nothing uglier than wasted potential. Soooo many American kids are throwing away their chance to make a respectable life to "be cool", but more like "be like everyone else they see on the cool mtv videos". Sadly,, the world is full of lazy sheep who just wanna destroy anything they touch.

And america probably has the highest percentile. NJ, I am not a father, but I will be engaged soon, and hope to start a family soon.

let's hear opinions of the opposite.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:24 AM on j-body.org
soul horse wrote:

And america probably has the highest percentile. NJ, I am not a father, but I will be engaged soon, and hope to start a family soon.

lol, never finished. I hope to start soon, and when i have a child, i will try to limit their choice of lifestyle to not include poison like that. Not to SHIELD them, but to educate them from an early age what a decent lifestyle can be.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Re: 50 cent is such a role model for kids... (Vide
Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:13 AM on j-body.org
So let those stupid kids, who believe that these goddamn videogames are real, shoot themselves. I won't care. If their parents/guardiens don't, why should I?

I know, that when I have kids one day, god willing, I will not let them listen to dumb music, play dumb video games and watch dumb movies....

The big majority of American kids are stupified by these things...

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:59 AM on j-body.org
also check out 50's new movie hittin theatres. its more of the same in that video trailer

movie is called get rich or die tryin

seriously look it up and watch it

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:00 AM on j-body.org
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:So let those stupid kids, who believe that these goddamn videogames are real, shoot themselves. I won't care. If their parents/guardiens don't, why should I?

I know, that when I have kids one day, god willing, I will not let them listen to dumb music, play dumb video games and watch dumb movies....

The big majority of American kids are stupified by these things...

X2

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:20 AM on j-body.org
He got shot........ He got lucky and lived. He got even more lucky and rode his "hard" image into millions of dollars. Now he lives in a huge house with huge gaurds at the doors and doesn't have to whipe his own a$$ after he takes a huge $hit. That is what the "hood" is like right?
Please........
If any of these rappers went back to "the streets," assuming of course that they were ever there in the first place, their only chancec of not getting killed would be if someone that recognized them was a fan.

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:24 AM on j-body.org
::my brother::

"I'd play the game just so I could get him killed."

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:28 AM on j-body.org
wow
did he ever evenr reload

50 cent

half the man he couldve been

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:01 AM on j-body.org
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Now that I am a parent, I would be more warry of what games my son would play when he does get older and what he sees because kids are way too impressionable, especially when they don't have proper parental guidance.

What do you guys think of this soon to be game?

I didn't watch the video, but it can't be worse than GTA. This argument has been done a million times before and likely will never change.

But back to 50 Cent, he's in the business to simply make money. If he makes a game and a movie and people buy/watch it, then he makes money and he'll continue to do it. He doesn't care what people think of him, as long he can profit from it.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:03 PM on j-body.org
deffinately a game I'll be passing on. From playing paintball, one man armies don't exist. There typically the first to get shot. I hate the glorification of the ganster lifestyle, that DOESN'T EXIST.

Also as many violent video games I play I'll say that one was deffinately over the top, to the degree of R Rating.

That makes mortal combat look like a puppy dog.

-Chris

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:14 PM on j-body.org
this is why I don't buy into this rapper thing

not just because I don't really dig the music, but because they're all so @!#$ full of themselves it makes me sick

every rapper on the planet thinks they're some hard ass killing machine that does the same snarl they all do and think they're cool...

..what a loser I thought that rapper infested wrestling game was bad enough...

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:33 PM on j-body.org
UpstateNyZ24 wrote:So let those stupid kids, who believe that these goddamn videogames are real, shoot themselves. I won't care. If their parents/guardiens don't, why should I?

This kind of thinking lead to school shootings such as Columbine. If you don't care about the particular kid, at least care about the other people they could affect with their guns and bombs they build in the backyard.

Honestly, I believe video game ratings should be paid attention to ALOT more closely. If a video game has an age requirement of 17, and a 14 year old kid plays it, and then goes and blows up his school, who's fault is it? Not the video game company's fault, that's for damn sure.

Seriously, how can parents be so blind to their childs actions? If I farted crosswise outside, my dad knew about it. How do these kids build BOMBS in their garage without anyone knowing anything!? I'm amazed.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:13 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

This kind of thinking lead to school shootings such as Columbine. If you don't care about the particular kid, at least care about the other people they could affect with their guns and bombs they build in the backyard.

You said that, and right after you said this...

Quote:

Seriously, how can parents be so blind to their childs actions? If I farted crosswise outside, my dad knew about it. How do these kids build BOMBS in their garage without anyone knowing anything!? I'm amazed.

...which is basically the same thing that I said.

Let me rephrase that: I don't care if some teen shoots himself because he has seen it done so in a game. If you're at that age and you buy into this @!#$, it's your own fault. It's reality buddy, deal with it.

And columbine was an exception that happens once in every few years, which, considering how many guns and pissed off "gangsters" or "pissed off teenagers" there are, is not a bad statistic.

I don't feel bad for people like this, I feel bad for poor people and especially kids. Now there is a cause we should pay more attention to. Poverty is more important than game ratings. Game ratings don't exist in some countries and an event like Columbine never happens.

99% of the music, movies and pop that is out there is targeted towards dumb people. And guess what, this new movie by 50 cent is going to make more than an "intelligent" movie has ever made.

People are stupid, that's why this world is not perfect. The only way to weed the stupid people out is to educate them, or have them kill themselves.

Education is the key to everything.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:25 PM on j-body.org
I wonder why nobody started a thread like this when Grand Theft Auto3 and the rest of the sequels came out? so many hypocrites in here it's a shame.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:30 PM on j-body.org
I bet there's a thread here like this about GTA3.

There's nothing wrong with these games, unless they're being played by kids who do not understand the concepts of reality...

The only extra problem that this game adds is that it has a real life person character in there. It uses his image, and his real name, which is dangerous because kids can associate this game DIRECTLY with a real life person.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:12 PM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:I wonder why nobody started a thread like this when Grand Theft Auto3 and the rest of the sequels came out? so many hypocrites in here it's a shame.

I think you missed the point of why I started this thread.

Grand Theft Auto series was basically a fictional game with a fictional character.

This game is a supposed to be fictional but is based off a real person. When kids play this game and use 50 cent to shoot up people, that makes them think "50 cent does this, it must be cool" kind of ideas in their heads.

When you play a game like GTA, you get the feeling like "This isn't real" but if someone is too young to play either game, they shouldn't be playing it but those will slip through the cracks and the parents will buy it for them.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:59 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, if he was really in that situation, he would have died right away. He's probably a huge pussy.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:34 PM on j-body.org
Alex Yingling wrote:Yeah, if he was really in that situation, he would have died right away. He's probably a huge pussy.

Ahahahahah.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:37 PM on j-body.org
Gamepro magazine's editors said after reviewing the game that if anyone bought 50 Cent's new game, they'd hunt them down and shoot them with 9 bullets....lol 50 Cent is such an ass peanut.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:10 AM on j-body.org
jeezy > 50

enough said

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:49 AM on j-body.org
real life > rap

Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:38 AM on j-body.org
asspeanut, LOL! mighty fun, that

I agree with the point of view that having a real person become the 'shooter' in such a video game crosses a really ill-conceived line.

But I have to wonder...where is Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Kanye West et. al, when things like this occur? Here's a respected music star who just keeps finding ways to glamorize 'da ghetto life', and he's not alone. Black kids see him and think its all good. Have we all forgotten the time when such people were considered role models, that the responsibility which comes with fame extends well beyond keeping an eye on the bank account?

But back to video games and their effects...
As a parent of a 17yr boy son and a 13 yr old girl, I am all about understanding the effects of this. My son grew up on video, starting with the most rudimentary Nintendos 15 years ago. I'll never forget the point where his skills surpassed mine at those games forever...he must have been about, oh, 10? These days, I can't even hang!

And I've clenched my teeth with the Halo and GTA and others. But I've also done some research, and the things I found staggered me.

In the time these games have proliferated (say, last 10 years), violent crime among teenagers has actually...declined. Whoa. Some postulate that the games may actually have opposite effects, not causing more violence, but instead:
1. They teach kids that violence hurts and kills (you do know, most such real-world violence happens in a split-second decision, it's rarely largely premeditated).
2. Getting such urges out of their systems on the video makes them less likely to act out in real life.

True? I'm not sure. But the crime stats are hard to dismiss. Something's going on, and it's definitely not what we thought violent games would cause.

There will always be Columbines...some kids just crack, and as the population of the world grows, there will be more than ever. Additionally, in this info-driven society, there's no chance of any small town 'covering up' anything embarrassing or shocking like was possible years ago. So we see it ALL, and more than EVER, cause there's just more headcases than ever.

The other aspect of video games...they teach unprecedented hand-eye coordination and reaction skills (unprecedented in that my generation just didn't have this advantage). I can tell you this, and I'm not just bragging him up...my 'video-game raised' son is simply LETHAL in a drag car for someone with so little actual racing experience. His reaction times are awesome, he never blows upshifts, he's rather like a robot in the car. Now, he's also athletic and intelligent, so it all adds up, sure. But one can't help but wonder if years of 'practice' on video games helped make him so precise and repeatable now.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:06 AM on j-body.org
Fiddy cent probably loves the attention, whata chump. as for video games kids deserve more respect than they get, i had Pong as a kid, my role models were a "pikinik" basket stealing bear and an accident prone homicidal coyote. kids know the difference.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search