Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Top 10 Reasons against gay marriage
Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:37 PM on j-body.org
I don't care... because I'm straight.

I'm all for letting other people do whatever the hell they want... to each other... and don't bug me.

Gay, straight... I don't give a crap.

Just... like religion... don't try and impose YOUR beliefs on me... because then you'll get me pissed off.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:42 PM on j-body.org
but John, jesus loves you......

Josh
SLK 32

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:47 PM on j-body.org
Whore wrote:but John, jesus loves you......

Good for him... doesn't change my life.

I've got bigger things to hump...

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:12 AM on j-body.org
**looks for lenko humps all existence ani-gif

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:03 PM on j-body.org
thank you both for dredging up memories of Bobby Brown.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, October 17, 2005 10:36 AM on j-body.org
I'm just gonna throw this one out there for people to ponder.

People keep saying that homosexuality is a choice (for those more on the religious side), or that it's a chemical imbalance (more scientific side) that causes them to involuntarily "chose" members of the same sex rather than the "correct" choice of someone of the opposite sex. I completely disagree with the idea that it is a conscious "choice" as posted by some people here, but think that there might be underlying causes for the imbalance theory.

Homosexuality has been shown to be common in MANY other species of animals, and isn't restricted to humans. Rather than thinking of it as some sort of freak occurence that is evil/weird/"full of sin", could it be possible that homosexuality is a completely natural EVOLUTIONARY trait that developed to help limit population increase (as a means of natural selection)? By this, I mean something that has been around ever since the first primitive sexually-reproductive organisms evolved billions of years ago on Earth. I know that it's more-or-less impossible to test this, but it is a thought.

Free your mind - shoot your TV.
Monday, October 17, 2005 12:10 PM on j-body.org
^^^haven't I said that before?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, October 17, 2005 3:10 PM on j-body.org
Keeper: The bit about shooting your TV, or the evolutionary thing?

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:41 PM on j-body.org
the thing about animals shwing homosexual tendencies.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, October 17, 2005 5:46 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]^^^haven't I said that before?

If you did, sorry - I haven't checked this thread in a while and didn't have much time at work today to get through it completely. At least we think along the same lines on this subject

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:55 PM on j-body.org
Here's one:

A reason against gay marriage: It will mean that the "morality squad" in america, you know the type--the type that brandishes around moraily and "family values" yest are some of the biggest sinners there are? anyhow, it will mean that they have to attack something completely different to try to reduce the liberties of everyone else so they can complete their plans to turn America into a totalitarian regime (i.e. freedom for all the people, unless i think you're wrong)

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:47 PM on j-body.org
I personally have nothing against gay marriage. As long as they dont hit on me, I'm fine. And what about the bi-sexuals?

In most cases, I think there IS in fact a choice. I know some people who've gone gay because so many women have treated them like crap. I actually hang around a couple gay guys. Neither one has hit on me, if they did, I'd be creeped out and and let them know to stop. But damn, do they know how to have fun, from what I've seen, they're not afraid to show who they are, what they're really like, etc.

And the chemical imbalance thing, could be true, either naturally or un-naturally. Depression is a good example of it. It IS a chemical change in the brain, however there are pills to take to overcome it (I refused to take them when I was depressed because I felt it would implement a "false me", and I'm perfectly happy the way I am now). Now, a natural example would be from mono (a counsellor at my school had it once, he got really depressed and then he found out that he had it) or people getting depressed with no social evidence. However, children at school get depressed alot because of teasing, bullying, or even cant get good grades.

Disallowing gay marriage goes against freedom of choice. However, religion limits us on that subject. I, personally neither believe in heaven, nor hell. I have questioned several people (except at church, because when I went there as a child I was bored stiff) this exact question: "If god loves everyone, then why does he send people to hell?"
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:46 PM on j-body.org
I'm concerned with your term "gone gay", and speak of "curing" it with a pill. Do you seriously believe that a couple women treating a guy like crap would make him suddenly "catch" gayness, or that it is a disease that should be "cured", do you? I don't, but I can think of 2 possibilities for this sudden "change" in sexual preference:
(Remember, I'm not a doctor or shrink, so I am in no way pretending to be an expert.)
1) He was already bisexual at the time, and finally admitted to himself that girls weren't doing the job, and thought he'd give men a try, or
2) He was in fact gay the whole time, and it took a few bad relationships with women for him to admit to himself that his hetero life was a facade.

There are thousands of instances where married people suddenly come out of the closet. I don't think they magically developed a gay chemical imbalance at the age of 30-50. My girlfriend and I have quite a few gay friends, and when we ask the question "when did you realize you were gay", they ALL said that they have realized that they were "different" ever since they were very young (basically when they hit puberty). Does that mean that they were born homosexual? I don't know, but I would guess yes.

If you're wondering how this could be plausible (that seemingly hetero people suddenly come out), take a quick look at our society. Even today gay people are considered "sick", "weird", "queer", "abnormal", "unnatural", and are basically the lowest form of humanity. It is bad enough that 99% of the people out there (especially older generations) would rather shake hands with a convicted pedofile that shake hands with a homosexual person. I would think it would take an ENORMOUS amount of courage to come out of the closet seeing that, by doing so, you've just labelled yourself as 'unnatural scum' that western religious people universally condemn to damnation. With that amount of pressure, I could easily see someone who has pretended to be straight their whole lives finally getting the courage to come out in their middle ages (if ever). Modern society is alot more tolerant than that of 15-20 years ago, but I can see that the media and religious leaders are still conveying the image that homosexuality is evil, which only keeps pressure on these people. In my eyes, homosexuals are no more unnatural or abnormal than I am. I have no problem with them in any way.

That's my .02.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:28 PM on j-body.org
Calvin:

Before you read the rest of this, ask yourself this and answer honestly: How many gay men or women do you REALLY know and count as a close personal friend?

I know a couple, and to be frank, they've even said they knew themselves when they were young or just hitting puberty that they formed sexual attractions to the same sex as opposed to the opposite sex. To put it simply, they didn't didn't just "go gay," it took time for them to realise they were, in fact homosexual, and to come to terms with, and accept or even embrace it.

The other thing that you have to understand: take all your attractions to various women, and then transform it to attractions to various men, then understand that other men are like that... Yeah... men are pigs, and that's a microcosm of the male psyche. If a guy hits on you, guess what, you're the chick that you've hit on. Just say "Thank you, I'm straight, and not interested," and be on your way... if you're hanging with guys that are aggressive @!#$s, I'd select friends a bit more carefully.

Also, using pills to artificially impose a stereotype (ie, heterosexuality) isn't going to work... being Gay isn't going to innately hurt you.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:37 PM on j-body.org
#8 is very true and its 9/10s of the problems in this country

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:49 PM on j-body.org
I didnt mean cure gayness with a pill... lol I meant curing depression. But if it IS a chemical imbalance, then yes it can be done with a pill, which is my point, its usually a choice.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:41 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Calvin:

Before you read the rest of this, ask yourself this and answer honestly: How many gay men or women do you REALLY know and count as a close personal friend?

I know a couple, and to be frank, they've even said they knew themselves when they were young or just hitting puberty that they formed sexual attractions to the same sex as opposed to the opposite sex. To put it simply, they didn't didn't just "go gay," it took time for them to realise they were, in fact homosexual, and to come to terms with, and accept or even embrace it.

The other thing that you have to understand: take all your attractions to various women, and then transform it to attractions to various men, then understand that other men are like that... Yeah... men are pigs, and that's a microcosm of the male psyche. If a guy hits on you, guess what, you're the chick that you've hit on. Just say "Thank you, I'm straight, and not interested," and be on your way... if you're hanging with guys that are aggressive @!#$s, I'd select friends a bit more carefully.

Also, using pills to artificially impose a stereotype (ie, heterosexuality) isn't going to work... being Gay isn't going to innately hurt you.

werd up

Calvin Di Bartolo wrote:I didnt mean cure gayness with a pill... lol I meant curing depression. But if it IS a chemical imbalance, then yes it can be done with a pill, which is my point, its usually a choice.

yes im sure there could be a pill to modify the brains chemical and biological reactions and tendencies. however, why should they take this? who has the right to say someone HAS to be straight. homosexuality is a fact of nature within many species. i say leave it that way. our society is WAY to dependant on artificial cover ups and fixes using drugs.

they are DIFFERENT, not WRONG. and that being true, if theres nothing WRONG then what is there to fix?

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:11 AM on j-body.org
Chris Crossont wrote:
t8romE wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Jesus also said "love thy neighbour, love thyself."

That's easy enough.

We are all going to hell. Just depends on how fast you want to get there.

Please speak for yourself as I am not going to hell. I grant you that most people will but not nearly all.

It's YOUR hell. You burn in it.

Why is gay marriage such a big deal? Say what you want Super Christians (or JC's SCs as I like to call them,) marriage is a LEGAL process. Your beliefs may make it a holy process also, but government sanction tells me that now it's anything but. Think of why this country was started and try to relate that to why this argument is F'ed up!

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:28 AM on j-body.org
Calvin: actually, no, its like trying to "cure" increased melanin production. Unless you approach the idea from the stance that homosexuality is wrong, it's like trying to "cure" people from being black, jewish, or republican.

Besides, we don't know jack when it comes to tinkering around with brain chemistry, for all the miracle pills out there that salve over temporary or organic conditions, some will do more harm than good, we just don't know for certain yet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search