Obese people..... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Obese people.....
Friday, October 21, 2005 10:36 AM on j-body.org
The main reason FAT has increased is all the artifical crap the govt. lets companies stuff into our food. Why do you think girls as young as 6 are getting there period and women as young as there mid 20's are going thru menapause its cause of all the hormones they shoot up the milk cows with and the govt that keeps lying to everyone sayine milk is good for you. ITS NOT!!! Unless your a baby cow. Make the govt. make the food industry get rid of all the artifical this and that and stop them from shooting up the cattle we eat and maybe within 20 years all these fat asses will be gone. Till then
get used to 15 year olds weighing 300 pounds and belts needing to be sized in feet instead of inches.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, October 21, 2005 10:52 AM on j-body.org
blurred wrote:sorry, short of disease, there is no reason to get fat.
i'm not going to start on the lazy people that are cows already, they should just eat themselves into a coma and be done with it.
but when i see a 10 year old that already weighs 150+lbs, there is no excuse. parents of kids that are more than a certain percentage overweight should be charged with child abuse and sentenced to nutrition and fitness classes that they must pay for out of their food budget.
half the problem are the stupid politically correct folks who have decided that we cant be mean and make fun of fat people. they should be made fun of, they need to see how pathetic, lazy, and disgusting they really are. why do we have fat models? they should be outlawed... youre ugly, you doughy sloths.... lose some weight until you have a figure other than an O, and then you can model.
you dont have a disease... if its in your head.. learn some self control. it doesnt matter how much you eat, you could eat 20 huge meals a day. AS LONG AS YOU BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU TAKE IN. hey thats not rocket science.
i think its about time fatasses are treated the same way smokers are treated. exclude the fatty's from society, and treat them like the garbage second class citizens they actually are.
and treat the truly diseased with compassion and respect that fact.
but if you order 10 big macs at mcdonalds you should be met with "do you want fries with that you fat slob?"
hell lets start making seats on planes, stadiums, buses, etc even smaller than they already are. make doors smaller, everything. and if you cant fit? pay double or walk.
stop whining.

^^^OMG what an idiot!

Since we are excluding "fatty's" from society lets put all the ugly, ignorant and mentally retarded people on the same island away from all the beautiful , healthy, smart people.

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:08 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Hey sorry if your offened but being FAT is a choice. If its medical thats one thing but noones makeing these porkers eat the way they do. And you can't compair fat to ugly or retarded, Those people can't help the way they were born but someone scarfing down a pound of cookie dough for breakfast is there own fault. And we should point and laugh at these fatso's, Don't tell your kids not to stair! Tell them thats what happens when you eat a case of twinkies after your lunch of a KFC family size bucket.
And no when you go to Mickie D's and get 3 super double big macs 4 super size fries a
medium diet Coke will not do your fat ass any good. The only thing that can help you is to keep that black hole in the middle of your face shut and stop sucking down evrything in sight. You do know when your eating like that your scareing the children around you.
They're afraid you'll run out of food and come after them.

STOP EATING AND YOU WON'T BE FAT !!! GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND EXERCISE

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:21 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:/\ /\ /\ Hey sorry if your offened but being FAT is a choice. If its medical thats one thing but noones makeing these porkers eat the way they do. And you can't compair fat to ugly or retarded, Those people can't help the way they were born but someone scarfing down a pound of cookie dough for breakfast is there own fault. And we should point and laugh at these fatso's, Don't tell your kids not to stair! Tell them thats what happens when you eat a case of twinkies after your lunch of a KFC family size bucket.
And no when you go to Mickie D's and get 3 super double big macs 4 super size fries a
medium diet Coke will not do your fat ass any good. The only thing that can help you is to keep that black hole in the middle of your face shut and stop sucking down evrything in sight. You do know when your eating like that your scareing the children around you.
They're afraid you'll run out of food and come after them.

STOP EATING AND YOU WON'T BE FAT !!! GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND EXERCISE

ive NEVER seen any obese person order the amount of things u state. not anything near it actually, actually they usually order the same amount i do, and im 6'1 165 lbs

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Friday, October 21, 2005 11:32 AM on j-body.org
There's no doubt that some people are genetically inclined to be more obese. With that knowledge, which is now widely known, obese Parents are both the first indicator, as well as the first line of defense, for their offspring. When I see overweight parents with overweight young children, I just want to scream "Child Abuse"!

There's also no doubt that the food companies have found that selling us sugar and useless carbohydrates is the easiest way to big profits. Cheap materials, big margins. We can't resist, and they have no reason to 'nursemaid' us in a market-driven economy.

Couple all this with an increasingly sedentary society resulting from modern 'luxuries' (read: less physical effort required to just get through the day), and it's a potent and lethal cocktail.

The first time I saw 'snack vending machines' in middle and high school halls, I was dumbfounded. How in hell did this ever even get started? When they lecture me about how removing these machines would endanger funding for extracurriculars, all I can think about is my ever-rising property taxes, and all the things I, as a parent, have to purchase for my kids' education now. Every year, the dollar output increases, yet somehow, there's a funding problem that allows them to overlook the basic immorality of providing unhealthy 'food' to children in vending machines. Shame on any educator who has supported this practice.

I, for one, just lost 30 lbs, and I've never felt better. Damned if i will ever let it creep back on. I've adopted the Atkins concepts of returning to a more naturally derived diet and forgoing all the JUNK placed in front of me at every turn. Next time you walk into a convenience store, just take a look around. 90+% of the crap in there is carb and sugar laden, and has no place in a healthy diet. It's really all up to the individual now. If one chooses to be fat, they will have no problem shortening their lifespan and eroding their quality of life. If they choose to exercise self-control, and implement now well-known habits of nutrition and exercise, they will get much more out of life.

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:50 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Ok the worst I've seen is 3 big macs 2 super size fries and a small diet Coke.
I've also seen in an all you can eat place 2 people asked to leave because between the husband and the wife they finished off almost 12 steaks by themselves. Different all you can eat place that sells only pizza a guy ate 6 large pizzas all by himself and drank
2 pitchers of diet Pepsi. Now when I've been working hard all day I can eat my ass off
I weigh 220 and I'm 6' 4" Technicly going by the body mass index I'm over weight. My clothes sizes are pants 36 waist 24 length, Shirts Xtra large. I know I could stand to lose about 10 or 15 pounds but theres a big damn difference between that and someone whos 5'10" 450 or more. NO they DO NOT deserve to be called handicapped. No they do not deserve any pity or breakes as they have noone to blame but themselves.

Sorry if this offends anyone but hey the true hurts.

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:29 PM on j-body.org
I've just been peeking in every once in a while, and was wondering if anybody could tell me why people would eat 3-4 burgers, a pile of fries, and buy a DIET soda?? That part has me kinda confused. I've also seen people (yes, obese) in Wendy's ordering a salad, just to put 5 packets of salad dressing on it. Very troubling IMO, but regardless, laughing at overweight people isn't going to help anything.
It's been scientifically proven that obesity can lead to several SERIOUS health problems. The fear of this should be enough for people to shift people (who have a choice) towards leading a more healthy lifestyle
I don't have much of an opinion on this one - I've seen "Supersize Me" and have read about the frivolous lawsuits in the states in which overweight people sued fast-food places for making them fat, and all I can think is "WOW!". Our modern, convenience-based (Read: LAZY) society has brought this health problem upon us. If we can change that, the weight issue should theoretically be fixed as a result. How this can be done? IDK.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with being ugly or pretty, genious or 'retarded', fat or thin. IMO the only people who should be put on an island away from anyone else are the dangerously stupid, ignorant and narrow-minded. Forget the island idea, those people should be put in a rocket and flown into the sun...THEN the world would become a better, more healthy place.

Free your mind - shoot your TV.
Friday, October 21, 2005 12:50 PM on j-body.org
after putting in 100km of mountain biking out on the trails one afternoon with a few friends, we decided to stop at mcdonalds so that we would have to ride home very fast to avoid soiling our shorts.
while ordering the kids behind the counter started to laugh... i looked at the monitor and saw a station wagon at the drive through with 2 ladies inside. it was during one of those 2 cheesburgers for a dollar promos iirc. they ordered 10 cheeseburgers, 3 large fries and 2 milkshakes. we all laughed for a while inside, then i joined my friends outside (we were seated right next to the drive through microphone), they were lying on the ground crying.... they had heard them order.
we then watched as the 2 horribly fat women parked and consumed everything they ordered.
they were finished before we were finished with out "single burger" combos.
they then drove near to the garbage can and tossed out their bags... but missed the opening. the fatty driver opened the door to try to grab the stuff but couldnt reach, so she tried to manouver her car closer to the junk. after a few minutes she gave up and started to drive away.
she was too fat and lazy to roll her dough out of the car and pick it up.
so i went over to the garbage and jogged over to the now departing car. she stopped as i got near and i pointed out that she forgot somehting. she gave me a "mind your own business" , so i tossed it in the backseat through the open rear window. funnily enough the fat slob couldnt reach back to get it.... so i told her fatass off, and mentioned that she could afford to lose a few hundred pounds so as to be physically able to actually get in and out of her car without having a heart attack. she was so pissed... but too tired after moving her lips for somehting other than consuming food that she had to leave... with the garbage within a normal person's arms reach.
its too bad that people have been listening to oprah and such and are under the impression that "its okay to be fat", "be happy with the way you are", "dont let those stupid pathetic models make you feel bad", "its an unattainable image".......

bull.

get off your asses.
Friday, October 21, 2005 1:35 PM on j-body.org
Blurred: other than the issue of self-control, which I think is generally something lost on western society, Some people are driven to eat. And where best to find comfort than with people that are your peers?

Look at it like this:
I'm 6'2", and as of this AM I'm 296... I eat according to the Canadian food guide, I have no metabolic abnormalities (thyroid conditions) and I work out 3x a week (low intensity, I have osteo-arthritis) and swim at least once a week for an hour (pruney hands rawk).

I've been keeping this routine up for about a year, I've gone from 330 at a high to what I'm @ now. I have a naturally slow metabolism, so my body naturally stores fat as a matter of course. You cannot sit behind your computer and tell me, that I ought to be at 170lbs (the BMI indicated mass I ought to be, which doesn't account for anything other than height and weight) when you look at my father (6'1", 280lbs) and my uncles (none under 6' tall, tallest 6'6" @ 400 lbs). Genetics has more to do with any of the equation than anything. Try to defeat your genes, and you're in for a losing battle.

It is appropriate to be concerned with your own health and that of those you love, as for other people, MYOB. It's their problem to deal with, leave that be and keep your own damned nose in your own affairs.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:41 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ WOO HOO !!! Me clapps very loudly at your dealings with fatty. Oh and don't forget
Dr. Phil too. Both are just as bad at trying to make these cows think its ok to need to turn sideways to fit thru doorways. Lets put this another way. If your so big that something happens to you and the emergency personel cannot fit you into the back of an ambo. cause you exceed the maximum weight limit and need to be put on a flatbed truck YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. If when you go on your diet you lose enough weight to have made another person or god help you 2 then yes your ass was fat. Get over your hurt little feelings push away from the feed bag and take your fat ass out and get some exercise.

True story there was a women in Florida I believe that went into cardiac arest the paramedics were called in but they couldn't get her out of the house. First off they couldn't move her at all not even budge, second even if they could have they would never had been able to fit her thru the door. But more importantly she had lived on her couch for so many years without getting up that she had sctualy grown into the couch itself. ( no lie I swear! ) They couldn't find a pulse at all couldn't hear her heart beat but she was still alive at that point, can you imagine TOO FAT to even find a pulse. Anyway they got a CRAIN and cut the side off the house and took her via fatbed truck to the hospital which had set up an emergency treatment area for her in the garage. They stabized her from her heart attack and attempted to sugicly remove her from her couch.
after several hours in surgury she deid. The family is currently trying to sue the hospital for mal-practice in the death of there be-loved Jaba the Hut. Now how on earth can you let yourself go like that? And how long does it take to grow into your couch? And better yet can you imagine what that must have smelled like? Her HUSBAND is in jail
for sposel abuse and the family doesn't know why. ?????????????
But Dr.Phil would say she just needed a hug. HOW would be a good question.

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:46 PM on j-body.org
Gam , I wouldn't call you fat. First I'd be afraid you'd eat me JK JK man
Seriously Gam thats not your doing its a medical issue ( genetics ) Not your fault at all
BUT and heres the big difference YOUR TRYING your God damnedest to lose the weight. I applaud you for your efforts and wish you all the best luck in the world with getting down to where you feel like you want to be. BTW screw the BMI index its bs.

Off subject for a minute ..... Hows your grandmom doing Gam? I hope shes feeling better.

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:49 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:
I've adopted the Atkins concepts of returning to a more naturally derived diet and forgoing all the JUNK placed in front of me at every turn. Next time you walk into a convenience store, just take a look around. 90+% of the crap in there is carb and sugar laden, and has no place in a healthy diet.

i would rather not go on and ON about how incorrect an atkins diet is.

while it may be HEALTHIER or DIFFERENT and may make u loose some short term poundage it is by no means HEALTHY.

carbs are essential to brain function. no carbs = brain mush

not to mention the health disadvantages of increased meat consumption.

Friday, October 21, 2005 2:03 PM on j-body.org
That's a common misperception about Atkins. While the more aggressive early phases cut carbohydrates to next-to-nothing, the long term maintenance portion merely advises to limit carb consumption to non-weight-gain levels.

Once one gets the metabolism back up (mine was way down due to inactivity from serious surgery), it's a simple matter of maintaining a balanced diet (which includes reasonable levels of carbs) and exercising regularly...the time-proven methods of preventing weight gain.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of misinformation out there about Atkins. Reading up on it and understanding its true approach may open your eyes to what it's really trying to say, which is...modern obesity can be largely traced to an overabundance of cheap carbs in the commonly available foods today. Mankind survived for thousands of years on meat and vegetables and whole grains, and thrived via this balanced diet and ample activity. In these times, reduced activity and unhealthy amounts of sugar and over-refined grain products has led to a very overweight population.

Friday, October 21, 2005 2:04 PM on j-body.org
Didn't he die on his own diet.

Friday, October 21, 2005 2:13 PM on j-body.org
GAM, like Jackalope said, the difference is that while you are genetically predisposed to weight gain, you're still doing your best to stay healthy, which is awesome.

The only time I have a problem is people make no effort to stay healthy and then act as if the world owes them something because they're fat. I have a friend who is 6'7 and probably 350lbs, and he plays basketball, walks, and is active. It's genetic with him. However, he doesn't ride around in a scooter because it's the easier thing to do.

Just because the bad food is there, doesn't mean you have to eat it. I learned that the hard way when I went off to college. Someone said that people can get addicted to eating, and that's true, however their addiction doesn't force them to buy cookies and high-fat foods, that's the choice they make, and that's why they are heavier.
Friday, October 21, 2005 2:22 PM on j-body.org
Can we start making fun of people with really bad grammar? Bad grammar is a choice and it is as justified as making fun of people for being obese.

Yes, people can do something about it, turn their life around and get healthy... "IF" they want to. (Thats a big if). Not everyone really wants to, they want to be lazy, eat lots and carry on the downward slide. Its their choice, its their life.

I'm not perfect, I would say that I am overweight. I am 6'3 270 lbs, I have always been a big boy, built like a brick $hit house. After I quit playing hockey I went from 225 up to 270 over the next two years. Why? I was not excersizing as much, my work doesn't require a large amount of physical activity and I was still eating like I was a 6'3 225 lb hockey player. It isn't rocket science.

Now, I go to the gym, I run in the mornings, I'm eating healthier than ever before... because I want to get back to looking like that 225lb monster of a 19 yr old that I once was. That is the choice that I'm making, it isn't easy but I'm doing it.

There is something to be said for peer pressure. I live in B.C. Canada. B.C. would have to be one of the "healthiest" provinces in all of Canada. Kelowna, the city where I live is known to be a very vain place to live, the Hollywood of Canada if you must. I think that the people who live here try harder to be healthier and look better, because of this. There are not very many extremely obese people who live here, coincidence?

I have many American relatives, because of this I am in the states quite often. Last summer I went to visit my sister, she lives in Nashville TN, it was shocking. Whole families, the father, mother and down to the youngest child. I did feel like a skinny bitch which was alright ! I am not saying that Americans in general are all obese but I do notice a significant difference whenever I visit.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Friday, October 21, 2005 2:36 PM on j-body.org
Sappy96 wrote:Didn't he die on his own diet.

Well, he died...but we all eventually do He was in his late 60's, as I recall, which was not far off the life expectancy of men born way back then.

You may all recall Dr. Jim Fixx, who was a huge proponent of running as a physical regimen. He died way earlier in his expected lifespan than Dr. Atkins, garnering a fair amount of chuckles. The annals of medicine are filled with the unexpected deaths of otherwise apparently healthy people.

But all kidding aside...the facts of the Atkins approach, which I only touch on above, make a lot more sense once you read the available literature. It's far from a 'fad diet'...it's an intelligent discourse on how the food we are being sold has evolved so dramatically in recent decades.

Friday, October 21, 2005 3:47 PM on j-body.org
Dr. Atkins autopsy report was sealed by court order after his untimely death. I'd be willing to bet his diet did do it tho. Eating like a T-Rex 24-7 is not a good idea.

Friday, October 21, 2005 5:02 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

Well, he died...but we all eventually do He was in his late 60's, as I recall, which was not far off the life expectancy of men born way back then.

You may all recall Dr. Jim Fixx, who was a huge proponent of running as a physical regimen. He died way earlier in his expected lifespan than Dr. Atkins, garnering a fair amount of chuckles. The annals of medicine are filled with the unexpected deaths of otherwise apparently healthy people.

But all kidding aside...the facts of the Atkins approach, which I only touch on above, make a lot more sense once you read the available literature. It's far from a 'fad diet'...it's an intelligent discourse on how the food we are being sold has evolved so dramatically in recent decades.

i have read in detail.

i will go into much GREATER detail on the subject tonight or tomorrow.

but i will say again, it mostly falls on the LARGE health RISKS involved in increased meat intake.

Friday, October 21, 2005 5:27 PM on j-body.org
I think the problem is that most people dont do diets the way they are supposed to especially the Atkins diet. So many people think that high protien low carb means all meat and nothing else.... thats not the case. At any rate weight is a controlable issue in peoples lives its just where thier priorities are. You have control over your life addiction or not. You have the ability to say no. It may be extreemly hard to do so but you can do it. Most people dont want to put forth the effort required to do it. To say that you cant say no means you have no ability to control your life. If that is the case then food and weight are not going to be your only issue.
Friday, October 21, 2005 5:34 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Blurred: other than the issue of self-control, which I think is generally something lost on western society, Some people are driven to eat. And where best to find comfort than with people that are your peers?

Look at it like this:
I'm 6'2", and as of this AM I'm 296... I eat according to the Canadian food guide, I have no metabolic abnormalities (thyroid conditions) and I work out 3x a week (low intensity, I have osteo-arthritis) and swim at least once a week for an hour (pruney hands rawk).

I've been keeping this routine up for about a year, I've gone from 330 at a high to what I'm @ now. I have a naturally slow metabolism, so my body naturally stores fat as a matter of course. You cannot sit behind your computer and tell me, that I ought to be at 170lbs (the BMI indicated mass I ought to be, which doesn't account for anything other than height and weight) when you look at my father (6'1", 280lbs) and my uncles (none under 6' tall, tallest 6'6" @ 400 lbs). Genetics has more to do with any of the equation than anything. Try to defeat your genes, and you're in for a losing battle.

It is appropriate to be concerned with your own health and that of those you love, as for other people, MYOB. It's their problem to deal with, leave that be and keep your own damned nose in your own affairs.

if you answer my question you will know the answer.

are you a healthy fat, or an unhealthy fat?

i would guess that you are a healthy fat, because you excercise and eat "well". your "naturally slow" metabolism is not the problem. that is a term that is overused by fat people. it has been shown that burning calories will speed up your metabolism. you say you have only been on your current regimen for a year. well dont get discouraged, it will probably take 2 or so more years before your engine starts running properly and your body starts to eat calories without as much excercise. your metabolism will speed up, but it takes a few years before you will see the benefit. most people give up beause the cheesecake is more appealing than sweat and water.
your genetics will not make you fat. your genetics will make you tall, have a large or small frame, but they wont determine your fat content (i am not saying this is a definate beause it obviously isnt... but the whole nature vs nurture argument comes into play, and my fingers are already tired from typing this much ), your environment has more to do with it. when a fat family has fat kids... it is usually because the parents instill their overeating values into the child. some evidence of this can be seen in families where parents smoke vs families where parents do not smoke. the percentage of kids in a smoking home that end up smoking is far greater than where is no smoking. food is the same way.

either way, fat chicks give the best head........ because they're hungry.

Friday, October 21, 2005 5:59 PM on j-body.org
on the diet soda thing........its all i drink, regardless of what im eating, regular soda tastes funny, way too sweet and leaves a funny aftertaste, so not everyone drinks diet because of calories or whatever, some of us just perfer the taste

and heres my take on weight.......if your one of those people who are "morbidly obese" or whatever they call it, then i can understand the not being able to exercise, and basically being stuck in a rut.......but if your overweight like me, im aobut 80 pounds overweight, im a pretty big dude, but im still able to get around easily, can still run and stuff (well, i can't run because of injurys, but you get the point) so for someone i'd say 100 pounds or less overweight, theres no excuse for gettting heavier, theres no excuse for me getting so heavy, i'll admit it, i was too lazy to exercise, but my new job gives me plenty of excersise, so its all good, i'll lose weight

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, October 21, 2005 6:03 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel OFlaherty wrote:
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

i have read in detail.

i will go into much GREATER detail on the subject tonight or tomorrow.

but i will say again, it mostly falls on the LARGE health RISKS involved in increased meat intake.

I look forward to your detail, but the point remains...the Atkins aproach is not just about eating MORE meat...it's more about eating LESS cheap carbs, which have become disgustingly prevalent in the junk foisted upon us by 'food' companies, corporations with more interest in their bottom line than in the well-being of their customers.

If one is overweight, the reduction has to come somewhere...it's so obvious, one simply cannot continue to eat as much as one wants, of whatever one wants, and expect to lose and/or keep weight off. In the case of Atkins, the emphasis is on reducing the unhealthy excessive carb input that in many cases caused, and then perpetuates the weight gain...then, replacing it with staples of protein and vegetables and fruit...and yes, carbs in moderation.

As long as you continue to maintain that Atkins' approach is only about increased meat intake, it's quite apparent you have not read his materials in detail.

Friday, October 21, 2005 6:19 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Dr. Atkins autopsy report was sealed by court order after his untimely death. I'd be willing to bet his diet did do it tho. Eating like a T-Rex 24-7 is not a good idea.

See what I mean about the misperceptions? Dr. Atkins was never even particularly overweight, which means that he'd never had to take part in the more stringent carb-free portion of the regimen he developed, much less 'eat like a t-rex', lol.

What he died of, at a natural time to die (almost 70), is mostly immaterial anyway...say, for instance, he did die of heart disease. Tens of thousands of non-Atkins people die of heart disease every year. But had it become public that he did, the interests who his research did not serve would have pounced upon it, discrediting his research, as well as endangering his legacy companies. It's therefore completely understandable that his survivors decided to keep his autopsy confidential.

I am an Atkins adherent. I was nearly carb-free for several months, certainly not enough to scar my arteries for life. My meat intake is now quite normal, and my carb intake is decidedly limited as compared to what it was before. I'm 43, and I just lost 30 lbs (you younguns think that's easy now? wait until your 40's!).

My bloodwork looks great, I feel great. Unless you folks are preparing to tell me that ANY meat intake is evil, you're barking up a tree that I am nowhere near!

Friday, October 21, 2005 7:49 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Gam , I wouldn't call you fat. First I'd be afraid you'd eat me JK JK man
Seriously Gam thats not your doing its a medical issue ( genetics ) Not your fault at all
BUT and heres the big difference YOUR TRYING your God damnedest to lose the weight. I applaud you for your efforts and wish you all the best luck in the world with getting down to where you feel like you want to be. BTW screw the BMI index its bs.

Off subject for a minute ..... Hows your grandmom doing Gam? I hope shes feeling better.

Well, I've never put much stock in what other people think I need to do or to look like... I'm my own person and if someone doesn't like who I am or what I look like, that's their problem. Some people don't want to fight it, and from my perspective and from my own experience, I can't blame them. If they want to die that way and they're at least temporarily happy, that's their deal, they're harming themselves not me. I think that a lot of people need to accept people for who they are, fat included. Realistically, when was the last time someone berrating another actually accomplished anything productive (outside the military that is)? To my knowledge (and I have a lot in this field, my dad used to ride me about my weight), it never has.

And from working it out at least 2x in my life, I've learned that it's not a one-time thing, it's an uphill battle, and the biggest part of it is habit and that's never anything easy to break.

And second, Grandma isn't doing well at all. She's still not eating, and she's started refusing her alzheimers meds, and starting to get combative with the nursing home staff. The situation is going to hell. Read my "burned out" post in AG for the other end of it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search