new gas prices?! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new gas prices?!
Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:44 PM on j-body.org
Gas is $2.41 for unleaded!! I know it's not as good as before the hurricane, but it's a start....

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Re: new gas prices?!
Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:17 PM on j-body.org
2.71 at the cheapest in Cocoa Beach / Melbourne

Josh
SLK 32

Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:18 PM on j-body.org
$2.39 here

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:56 PM on j-body.org
It's only $3.60 a gallon here if you convert the currency.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:02 PM on j-body.org
poor canadians

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:26 PM on j-body.org
Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:51 PM on j-body.org
Alex: Americans are getting Canadian oil, gas and nat.gas cheaper than Canadians get it.

WTF is with that?

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:57 PM on j-body.org
1.93 in Clinton, Ok
http://www.mapgasprices.com/
Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:24 PM on j-body.org
well its 2.52 here
in what used to be one of the cheapest areas in the country for gas

i dont know what happened

Friday, October 21, 2005 6:26 AM on j-body.org
Gam, How much do you guys pay in taxes per litre. Then convert it to per gallon. I bet your getting robbed by your govt. Down here tax or gas is around .75 per gallon.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:41 AM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:1.93 in Clinton, Ok
http://www.mapgasprices.com/

OMG UNDER 2.00!!! UNREAL!!!!!

lol 2.52 here

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, October 21, 2005 6:45 PM on j-body.org
its down again. 2.29

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:49 AM on j-body.org
Eh, it's around 2.13 depending on where you go in Norman, OK.

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:29 PM on j-body.org
i paid 2.33 in celina ohio

Xtreme PC Concepts Opening Up Soon In Decatur Indiana
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:07 PM on j-body.org
now its 2.28 in celina ohio

Xtreme PC Concepts Opening Up Soon In Decatur Indiana
Monday, October 31, 2005 9:08 PM on j-body.org
2.15 here in a town just west of indianapolis
Monday, October 31, 2005 10:37 PM on j-body.org
2.819 on base her in SoCal, and base is usuallly cheaper, because we don't pay the taxes that everyone else pays.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:19 AM on j-body.org
I posted in off topic about this and got flamed so we'll see how it goes here. Now I know about supply and demand so don't pull a Dave on me and tell me I need to re-visit high school cause well thats just being silly. I'm only reporting what was on the news.
The Senate is going to investigate the oil companies for there record profits last quarter. Siting that if the price per barrel cost has risen then the profits should have risen at an equal level, but since every oil company has set records and Exxon/ Mobile has set a record quarterly earning that surpasses everyone in history then maybe something was done illegal. I don't see why they didn't figure this out months ago when it first started happening. seems the big shots on the hill could care less about us until THERE own credit card bill comes due and its hitting there pockets then they intend to launch a full scale investigation.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:44 AM on j-body.org
Considering they don't usually pay for their own gas (if they're chauffeured), I doubt they'd do anything about it until it threatened a grass-roots movement to get them booted in favour of a person that will look into the matter.

BTW: Jack, you're right, we pay about 44% of the gas price into taxes. It's one of the reasons I've been pushing my MP for a Gas Tax amnesty after the second fiscal quarter of the year.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:51 AM on j-body.org
$2.18 last i checked. here in OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOO

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:26 AM on j-body.org
Wow 44% in taxes! Damn thats steep! So if you got rid of all that tax your prices would be in line with ours. Hmm seems time for tax reform in good old Canada! Quick throw some tea in a harbor dressed as ......... Eskamos! HA! lol

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:38 AM on j-body.org
Hey there guys there is a great webstie I found a while ago it has been on national radio shows and television shows its called Gas Price Watch. What it does is produce a price list for your area so you can find the cheapest price in your town here is the link.

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:43 AM on j-body.org
LOL @ Jack...

Actually, there have been rumblings of general income tax revolt for years. The fact that the government is taxing by percent of a litre, versus a flat tax per litre (as the gas tax was supposed to be when implemented about 60 years ago), says they're more in it for the cash.

Anyhow, we buy back refined oil and fuel at 15% more than the base cost (what Americans pay), considering refining is about 3% of the actual costs of the fuel, we've been getting jacked (pardon the pun) for a long time.

I've been pestering my local Minister of Parliament to introduce a private member's bill to halt collection of gas taxes after the second fiscal quarter in a bid to stimulate the economy by easing back on the taxes... the same amount of revenue will be collected as in years' past, but the individual will have a bona fide tax holiday.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:59 AM on j-body.org
appx. 2.50 here...but then again, i can go 2+ weeks without fueling up so i haven't checked since about...last Monday.

I have been seriously considering trying to move to LPG

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:04 AM on j-body.org

It just went back up here (Wichita Ks.) $2.14 ,I filled up last Friday for $1.98.9

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search