Obese people..... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Obese people.....
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:07 PM on j-body.org
they wouldnt be so bad if they took care of themselves. i seen women who weight 200 plus wear spandex thinking they are hot stuff. also if they took a bath. most smell. i guess they cant wash between there legs or under there arms. and most of all they are disgusting.
i was at Wal mart and there was a 300 pound porker in front of me in the checkout line in a motorized cart. here she had her head tilt back, with her whole fist in her mouth, picking her teeth. then she asked the cashier for a pen. and the hand she used to pick her teeth with, was the same one she used to write with. then this fat ass handed the pen back to the cashier.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:12 PM on j-body.org
One person is not representative of a whole group.

There are plenty of smelly, obtuse and disgusting thin people as well.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:14 AM on j-body.org
Sorry to hear of your grandmom, GAM. I went through this with mine several years ago, and it's definitely a heart-wrenching experience. Watching someone become physically infirm is nowhere near as disturbing as watching them slowly lose their mind. God bless you all.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:35 PM on j-body.org
I will say this:

Part of it is foods--and yes, you do want to stay away from the preprocessed crap. I've actually found tht i feel better at work having, say, a banana for breakfast rather than a bagel and cream cheese. That and having a sandwich and a slad as opposed to a sandwich and chips.

Futher, i gained some weight because of stress, and i've found that excercise helps with stress. hel, if nothing else go for a decent walk every night.

I think the biggest issue is time and making time for excercise and eating helathy because preprocessed is so "convenient". You have to know what is important to you.

Must See TV, isn't. going on a mile walk with your s/o and talking about stuff is.

Besdsies, my desire to get in shape is less about looking a specific way, and more about being able to do the things i want to do, and it's rare that you'll find a person overweight being able to march a 5 mile path nearly 2000 feet straight up without getting winded and having to be loaded in a wheelbarrow.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:01 PM on j-body.org
hey, i was about 50 pounds overweight and managed a 12 mile march with hills witha 40 pound pack its all about willpower

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:05 PM on j-body.org
blurred wrote:
if you answer my question you will know the answer.

are you a healthy fat, or an unhealthy fat?

i would guess that you are a healthy fat, because you excercise and eat "well". your "naturally slow" metabolism is not the problem. that is a term that is overused by fat people. it has been shown that burning calories will speed up your metabolism. you say you have only been on your current regimen for a year. well dont get discouraged, it will probably take 2 or so more years before your engine starts running properly and your body starts to eat calories without as much excercise. your metabolism will speed up, but it takes a few years before you will see the benefit. most people give up beause the cheesecake is more appealing than sweat and water.

Well, I can't speak in generalities, but there is compelling evidence that shows genetic pre-disposition to storing energy as fat. True, you can go against it, and I have (I think I said previously that I lost over 100 lbs when I was a teen), and slowly let stress and bad old habits catch up, and instead of trying to lose weight, I let the crutch of bad joints and osteo-arthritis hold me back.

However, even after I lost all the weight before (I went raw-vegan for about a year), and went to a maintenance diet, and worked out semi-regularly, I'd still find I was gaining pounds even when eating normally. I'd gone from about 26% body fat to less than 15%, and my body was fighting it every step of the way. Like I said, I have a slow metabolism, and I have an endocrinological report to back me up on that... no glandular abnormalities, just slow and pre-disposed to fats storing. I've had my cortisone levels checked and they were just naturally low, and even though there are drugs to regulate the levels, I'm not taking them, I don't need more artificial @!#$ in my life or diet.

Quote:

your genetics will not make you fat. your genetics will make you tall, have a large or small frame, but they wont determine your fat content (i am not saying this is a definate beause it obviously isnt... but the whole nature vs nurture argument comes into play, and my fingers are already tired from typing this much ), your environment has more to do with it. when a fat family has fat kids... it is usually because the parents instill their overeating values into the child. some evidence of this can be seen in families where parents smoke vs families where parents do not smoke. the percentage of kids in a smoking home that end up smoking is far greater than where is no smoking. food is the same way.

either way, fat chicks give the best head........ because they're hungry.

LOL... I can disprove that... but that's for AG, and no one here wants to see me doing that. I don't want to add envy to the mix

Anyhow, I do agree that habit and upbringing have a lot to do with it, but Nature has just as much on the table.

Bill:
I've looked at Atkins, and read a good bit of the literature, and while I don't dispute that there is some good to be had in ketogenics, I don't believe it's worth the risks, as there are some very serious consequences with the diet (even if followed to the letter). I remember reading about some very serious cases of people getting hit with lactic acid doses (it causes very painful muscle spasms), and it being linked tassetly to an increased threat of Deep Vein Thrombosis.

The Atkins foundation hasn't, since I last researched it, conducted a thorough study... That's bad science... you study first, then decide whether to create a wide-spread diet. The Atkins Diet was actually created to treat a childhood liver disease if my memory serves... This doesn't seem to me to be a proper treatment for bariatric patients. Most Dieticians and doctors I've spoken to agree. I'm not telling you to stop or anything, if it works for you, it works, right? I just wouldn't risk my health in the long or short term to drop a few pounds.

BTW, thanks for the words of concern and support regarding my Grandmother, I really do appreciate it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search