Child Abuse (including Video with discussion) - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Child Abuse (including Video with discussion)
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:55 AM on j-body.org
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1130588111

This video is freaking disturbing. I really can not seeing people acting this way torwards kids. Disciplining children is one thing but out right beating, throwing, smacking and all types of other ways to abuse a child is just totally un called for.

Now that I have a son, I have even more of a love for kids. When you don't have kids of your own you tend to over look the wonderfulness of children and the good they can bring you. Treating precious children that way will lead them to messed up lives in the future.

Even though this was taking place in another country, we all know this goes on. We've all seen in Wal-Mart or K-mart where a mother with her 3 kids are walking and the one bad boy or girl is acting up and they are threatening them (to do bodily harm) or they are hitting them extremely hard and taking their anger out on them.

I believe you can hit a child, yes. A child should have mild fear in his parent, that's how I grew up. I knew I couldn't fight in school cause I knew if I came home and my mom found out she would probably beat the hell out of me, on top of that I don't like my mom being dissapointed in me. Now, your child should fear you and love you at the same time, but of course love you more than fear you. If you don't "spank" them, they will walk all over you, atleast in most cases. If a kid is not bad, they shouldn't be hit. If you hit them when they are bad, that teaches them that what they did is not good and not to do it again....same thing I did with my dog, anytime she pooped in the house I'd call her name and she knew that what she did was wrong cause she would start to run away and I'd spank for what she did. Now even though I would hit her, she knew that I still loved her cause 5 minutes later I could call her and she would come right to me and we would play a game or just chill together (man, I miss my dog...).

Children should never fear you to the point where they can't talk to you or are literally scared to do anything around you cause they are afraid of you physically or verbally abusing them.

This is how I feel though...I'm sure you guys agree with what I'm saying.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Child Abuse (including Video with discussion)
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:34 AM on j-body.org
Even though I can't watch the video, I don't really have to, I've dealt with the fallout of abusive parents professionally and personally. I agree with a lot of what you said NJHK, however, my own ideas are that you shouldn't strike a child unless all else fails. That's the last line and that shows you're serious.

Striking a child in petulance means that you're not able to deal with children as an ADULT. Kids are going to be kids (sometimes loud, obnoxious, whiny, cranky, disobedient, etc.) however, laying a beating on kids isn't something you do to remedy the situation, it will inevitably make it worse.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:34 AM on j-body.org
god damn, that woman is a freakin waste of life. that stuff pisses me off to no end. there is no reason at all to do that. not to mention it is so easy to break a child's bones and cause serious injury that an adult subjected to the same punishment will shrug off. that woman should be beaten the same way she beat those kids, except harder. especially the knocking the 2 kids heads together, real good way to cause a fractured skull and brain injurys.

i hate people like that. diciplining a kid is one thing, but what she was doing is just plain wrong

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:29 AM on j-body.org
Yeah I can't watch it either at work but I'm with you guys I can't see how treating your kids badly can accomplish anything.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:26 AM on j-body.org
I side with GAM on it...unless there is an adherent danger to the child, AND it's not the major form of punishment, it's not that effective except in the here and now. Either you're setting the stange for an abusive cycle, or, if the child doesn't believe in "family values", you are just setting yourself up for them to strike back at you, when they're bigger and stronger than you are...

My dad learned that the hard way...

But really, It's a last resort and shouldn't be used as a form of punsihment unless coupled with another form.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:04 PM on j-body.org
I guess I'm gonna have to be the Lone ranger in this one. The video is pathetic of course. she does go overboard quite often and should be charged a crime.

As far as spanking goes, I believe in it whole heartedly when the instrument used is either a hand or a belt. I do believe that it cannot be the single form of punishment, it should be used along with something else like Keeper said. I do not believe that it has to be a last resort either. My brother started popping his daughter around 2 months on the hand for touching things she shouldn't and getting into stuff. He remained that way until she was roughly a year. she is the best behaved 3 year old you'll ever encounter. She's not afraid, (I use the same form of punishment just as often as he did) she is actually the happiest little girl some will ever know! He started out young, and stayed on the course, and the result now is that we no longer have to resort to spanking or physical forms of anything. A lone verbal command is ALWAYS sufficient.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:18 PM on j-body.org
Some of the things she does in that video are wrong however it was really hard to see exactly what was going on sometimes. I dont think this is a mother though it looks more like someone that works and an orphanage or boarding school or something like that. The fact that it is all in a foreign language doesnt help either. I would like to know where she is, who she is and those kinds of things before sending her off to jail. I dont think that she belongs being a care taker of the kids her actions prove she is not capable of dealing with them.

Corporal (SP) punishment does definately have its role in child rearing. I knwo a lot of people dont believe in it but I do. I am by no means saying a grown adult should wind up and hit a child anywhere full force or use their full strenghth in dealing with a kid. I know one thing though and that is that kids need to be put in their place from time to time and sometimes words just dont do it. A slap across the ass or mouth isnt going to send the child into a downward spiral into psychosis, mental illness and trust/relationship issues as many would have us believe. The biggest detriment to kids I see is people being to over protective of their kids and fighting there kids battles for them.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:44 PM on j-body.org
Like i said though, speaking off experience, if you have to use physical intimidation when you've run out of logic, against a child that can think circles around you, in the end, once that child can physically hurt you, they will.

So, taking the lessons of my childhood, i will expect me to have a son that can out-think me, our reason me, and will try to defeat my logic. if i use "corporal punishment" then when they get to be about 12 or 13, i could expect them to strike back...hard, and without remorse because, like me, they were taught that family doesn't mean jack @!#$.

granted, i will do my damndest to make sure that al that doesn't happen, but you always have to plan for the worst. Besdies, psycological warefare is better than physical warefare, and in examples i've seen played in real life, works a hell of a lot better.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:26 AM on j-body.org
I've got a couple friends (and a sister) who have been beaten, raped, thrown down stairs, or otherwise abused to the extreme. Personally, it makes me want to kill the person who did it. To me, to avenge my friends is worth the murder charge.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:41 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

As far as spanking goes, I believe in it whole heartedly when the instrument used is either a hand or a belt. I do believe that it cannot be the single form of punishment, it should be used along with something else like Keeper said. I do not believe that it has to be a last resort either. My brother started popping his daughter around 2 months on the hand for touching things she shouldn't and getting into stuff. He remained that way until she was roughly a year. she is the best behaved 3 year old you'll ever encounter. She's not afraid, (I use the same form of punishment just as often as he did) she is actually the happiest little girl some will ever know! He started out young, and stayed on the course, and the result now is that we no longer have to resort to spanking or physical forms of anything. A lone verbal command is ALWAYS sufficient.

I 100% agree with you. I was spanked as a child, because it was from an early age I had a huge amount of respect for my parents. I knew that if I did step out of line, there was dad, and he would take off his belt / grab a wooden spoon or whatever, pull down my pants and tune me in. I was never afraid of my father, he was the proper authority in our home and raised us the same way he was.

I only hope that when I have my own children I am able to raise them the same way that I was. So many people are saying blah blah blah, you should talk your probems out with your child, no wonder there are children who are absolute terror's.

The biggest problem I see with today's children is a lack of respect for their elders. This all starts with the child not respecting the parents in their own home and goes from there. If you are a child who can play your parents like a fiddle, of course you arent' going to respect them.

I didn't watch the movie but I would guess that it was done by an overstressed mother who was at the end of her rope. If she had raised the child to respect her from the beginning.. it never would have happened. It's something that needs to be started from an early age, you can't try to reason with them and then all of a sudden change it up to spanking and expect it to work.

Quote:

Striking a child in petulance means that you're not able to deal with children as an ADULT. Kids are going to be kids (sometimes loud, obnoxious, whiny, cranky, disobedient, etc.) however, laying a beating on kids isn't something you do to remedy the situation, it will inevitably make it worse.

Why should they be dealt with as an ADULT? They aren't, they are children who need to be molded as they are growing up. If I was ever loud, obnoxious, whiny, cranky, disobedient etc.... all it would take for me to smarten up was that certain look my father gave me, maybe a word or two. All because I knew that if I "pushed it" there would be consequences that I wouldn't enjoy.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:52 PM on j-body.org
Franklybeing a man that came from the severe end of child abuse. Taht movie severly strikes the wrong coard with me. Thats all I can say about that on a publicboard

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)

Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:02 AM on j-body.org
Graden wrote:
Quote:

Why should they be dealt with as an ADULT? They aren't, they are children who need to be molded as they are growing up. If I was ever loud, obnoxious, whiny, cranky, disobedient etc.... all it would take for me to smarten up was that certain look my father gave me, maybe a word or two. All because I knew that if I "pushed it" there would be consequences that I wouldn't enjoy.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Striking a child in petulance means you as the adult cannot deal with the children.

Chalk that up to bad wording.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 9:51 AM on j-body.org
Here's a question for you, Graden...

Why would it have to be a wooden spoon or a belt? Aside from the psycological punishment correlation, is taking of your belt and whipping a child any more effective than swatting them on the ass with your hand?

I will not say that corporal punsishment doesn't have it's place...because there are some times when it is necessary--as long as the parents are the only ones to administer it. But, i will still stand by my logic that psycological punishment works much better than physical--especially for the more minor infractions.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, November 03, 2005 9:51 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Striking a child in petulance means you as the adult cannot deal with the children.

I thought something may have been mixed up there a bit.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:00 AM on j-body.org
I grew up with my mom my brother and my grandparents.

All it takes to straighten out a child is a 6 1/2" foot tall grandfather looking pissed at you, did wonders for me.

I think my mom actually hit me once and she was extremely sorry afterwards. I don't believe physical discipline is effective. All your going to fear is the pain, and respect the pain not the parent.

Spanking in my book is a last resort discipline that is overused.

-Chris

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:54 AM on j-body.org
NJHK, I agree w/you on 'Your child should have mild fear of you and love you at same time". My 4 year old loves me to death, I'll be leaving for work and outside the door I'll hear him say to his mom "I can't wait til my dad comes back home" or "Mommy, I love my daddy" but at the same time he knows if he gets off track I'll lay into him w/a belt (depending on situation) or time out.

Both psychological and spanking are good forms of punishment. It all comes down to linking the type of crime to punishment. Time out and standing in a corner works for some and some respond better by getting hands laid on their behinds. It all comes down to knowing your children to know which form is best. My mom raised me to the best of her ability and disciplined me well. I grew up in an environment/neighborhood to were if my mom wasn't home and I was cutting up, the next-door neighborhood would spank me and tell my mom and then she'd lay into me. To some of you that may sound harsh for a child but that type community doesn't exist anymore. The problem w/parents nowadays is that, they take there on personal angers and frustrations out on innocent children and that's when someone should step in and beat them like they do their children to see if they like it.
Friday, November 11, 2005 9:31 AM on j-body.org
FireCav98 wrote: grew up in an environment/neighborhood to were if my mom wasn't home and I was cutting up, the next-door neighborhood would spank me and tell my mom and then she'd lay into me. To some of you that may sound harsh for a child but that type community doesn't exist anymore.

That's because now and days people are too quick to say "That's my child! How dare you!" and frankly communities aren't as close as they used to be. Now and days you never know if the guy next door is spanking your kid because he was bad or because he gets off on it lol

Overall, me and you think the same way.

Friday, November 11, 2005 10:27 AM on j-body.org
it's kind of a fall apart situation.

It takes a community to raise a child, that's a fact, a parent brings a child into the world but it is the obligation of not only the parent but society to raise the child, they are very impresionable. You could have a permanent affect on a childs life but would never know it.

God forbid you tell someones child what they do is wrong or interfere when the discipline has gone past the point necessary to be effective. So it's a double edged sword.

Personaly tho, If I saw a parent obviously going past the point of necessity in a public place I'd step in for the childs sake.

-Chris

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:56 PM on j-body.org
Okay so i didn't read everyone's replys because well some of them upset me.(which yes i know will happen on a public board) I have a 19month old daughter and the worst punishment to her is either taking away Elmo or ignoring her when she is throwing a fit or being a brat. Have I taped her hands? Yes if she had grabbed something that might hurt her if it made her way to her mouth but would i use it as a big form of punishment NO WAY. It disgusts me to see those mothers in walmart smacking their kids and yelling at them to shut up or else. WOULD YOU WANT TO GROW UP LIKE THAT?! put yourself in a poor helpless kids place for once and wake up and realize that they JUST MAYBE don't understand AND IF THEY DO they are just trying to get your dang attention! Being a parent is hard yes, and you may get stressed out but damnit go take your problems out on someone else then someone who cant freaking fight back.

And thats just my .02
Friday, November 11, 2005 9:05 PM on j-body.org
lilblondegirl wrote:Okay so i didn't read everyone's replys because well some of them upset me.(which yes i know will happen on a public board) I have a 19month old daughter and the worst punishment to her is either taking away Elmo or ignoring her when she is throwing a fit or being a brat. Have I taped her hands? Yes if she had grabbed something that might hurt her if it made her way to her mouth but would i use it as a big form of punishment NO WAY. It disgusts me to see those mothers in walmart smacking their kids and yelling at them to shut up or else. WOULD YOU WANT TO GROW UP LIKE THAT?! put yourself in a poor helpless kids place for once and wake up and realize that they JUST MAYBE don't understand AND IF THEY DO they are just trying to get your dang attention! Being a parent is hard yes, and you may get stressed out but damnit go take your problems out on someone else then someone who cant freaking fight back.

And thats just my .02

Ashley, once again we agree

BTW, did you see the pictures of my son yet? (sorry for getting off topic)

Friday, November 11, 2005 9:22 PM on j-body.org
yeah! he is absolutly adorable!!!

Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:52 AM on j-body.org
lilblondegirl wrote:Okay so i didn't read everyone's replys because well some of them upset me.(which yes i know will happen on a public board) I have a 19month old daughter and the worst punishment to her is either taking away Elmo or ignoring her when she is throwing a fit or being a brat. Have I taped her hands? Yes if she had grabbed something that might hurt her if it made her way to her mouth but would i use it as a big form of punishment NO WAY. It disgusts me to see those mothers in walmart smacking their kids and yelling at them to shut up or else. WOULD YOU WANT TO GROW UP LIKE THAT?! put yourself in a poor helpless kids place for once and wake up and realize that they JUST MAYBE don't understand AND IF THEY DO they are just trying to get your dang attention! Being a parent is hard yes, and you may get stressed out but damnit go take your problems out on someone else then someone who cant freaking fight back.

And thats just my .02
It's not about fighting back, it's about training your child in the way that they should go. I have yet to meet ONE child that was spanked accordingly, not beaten to death, who has any problems adjusting to society.
The parents that have to yell at their kids aren't taking care of business at home, so therefore they have no choice but to scream and shout in public.
Spanking IS a form of discipline. Trying to place it in the same boat as fighting is just ridiculous.

Problem with most of you parents again is that you don't discipline from VERY early in life and try to get a hold on that demon child when they turn 16 and start giving you more hell than you can handle, but its of course too late then. It's parents like you who cause the government to feel the need to step further into the home because of your lack of skills in controlling the satanic spawns you've produced.

You don't give children enough credit for being intelligent. You make it seem as though kids are dumb and incapable of manipulation, lying, etc...

My niece doesn't throw fits. My niece isn't a brat. Do you know why? She was properly disciplined from a few months old to the almost 3 Y/O she is now, and it was a steady form of discipline which included spanking. Now, spanking is a VERY RARE occurrence in her daily form of discipline if any is needed, and she loves me to death...except when I have to get on her.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:20 PM on j-body.org
Chamillionaire wrote:

And thats just my .02
It's not about fighting back, it's about training your child in the way that they should go. I have yet to meet ONE child that was spanked accordingly, not beaten to death, who has any problems adjusting to society.
The parents that have to yell at their kids aren't taking care of business at home, so therefore they have no choice but to scream and shout in public.
Spanking IS a form of discipline. Trying to place it in the same boat as fighting is just ridiculous.

Problem with most of you parents again is that you don't discipline from VERY early in life and try to get a hold on that demon child when they turn 16 and start giving you more hell than you can handle, but its of course too late then. It's parents like you who cause the government to feel the need to step further into the home because of your lack of skills in controlling the satanic spawns you've produced.

You don't give children enough credit for being intelligent. You make it seem as though kids are dumb and incapable of manipulation, lying, etc...

My niece doesn't throw fits. My niece isn't a brat. Do you know why? She was properly disciplined from a few months old to the almost 3 Y/O she is now, and it was a steady form of discipline which included spanking. Now, spanking is a VERY RARE occurrence in her daily form of discipline if any is needed, and she loves me to death...except when I have to get on her.

You're taking what she said out of context. She was speaking as far as "excessive" hitting and verbal abuse torwards children. She was agreeing that some children should be spanked when necessary and not with brute force but with enough force to get the point across so your child understands that you're not trying to hurt them and they will still love you the same way 5 minutes later.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:04 PM on j-body.org
OKAY so what I was saying was that there is NO reason what so every to yell and hit your child the way people do these days. Simple punishment like ignoring them if they get mad or taking something they dearly love is suffice for something small, But if it got to the point that they were doing something REALLY bad YES i would smack my kid on the HAND and tell her no and what she is doing wrong. You cant just hit a kid and think that, that solves the whole damn problem. YOU have to tell them what they are doing wrong and that is what is wrong with the world today. People think that smacking their kids will solve everything when in the end they turn out to either hate their parents or be abusive just like their parents. 90% of kids these days have no respect for anything or anyone. I believe as long as you raise your kids with morals and treat them like a human BECAUSE THEY ARE ONE. you are doing what you can do. If you start dicipline at a young age you will be fine, if you slack off so will they. I grew up in a house that all they did was yell did that help me at all no i rebeled against everything. What is the point in yelling and screaming or hitting your child unless they are really being horrible I personally see none. My daughter is very well behaved any where we go. I never have problems with her unless she is tired or hungry AND GUESS WHAT!!!! i dont yell or beat my kid wow what a freaking concept! this whole topic makes me sick to my stomach to hear that people basically belive that yelling and beating their kid will give them a good life and make them grow up in a proper way. AGAIN this is just MY OPPINION not any one elses and if you dont like it, thats fine but what i do with my daughter in raising her and giving her disapline in a non physical way works great for me.
Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:44 PM on j-body.org
Yeah that lady is a bitch. It should be mostly a psychological punishment if you do chose to spank your kids, as everyone said, as the last resort. The goal is not to physically hurt them though agreed? Just really to scare them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search