WTF is your problem!??!?!!? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTF is your problem!??!?!!?
Friday, November 04, 2005 11:25 AM on j-body.org
so im checking out the war forum...and it actually does seem like a verbal war....
there are some things that are preety interesting to read, others are just plain stupid...
but everytime i see someone putting their opinion on something they get called names or insulted...

Now I am now from this country, but personally i love this country (america) just because its the most powerfull nation in the world, but at the end, it all seems like the same s(*& i left...there's more controversy here then any other country in the world i think, for example the "area 54" thing, the 9/11 attacks...where some people think this was made by the goverment....?

the odd thing is this. I respect your opinion's because it is something that I would have never thought to think....and I dont bash on your ideas because you are expressing 1 of your rights as an american...FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

If we all practice this right, then why is it that no one can respect it instead of insulting it just as the same americans burn the American Flag...?

Same thing goes with religion....there are some people that worship satan, budah, alah and a cow...who am I to judge what you belive in? i dont think anyone can judge wtf we think and belive, so why make it a big deal about it?

Is it because you dont like what other people think...? is it because you wanna press and fight for your opinions...? do you wish do be a demi-god?

There are some things i dont **** with tho...for example child abuse...if you abuse a child i hope that you get the same thing you gave that child x10!

and im sure, if there is someone that reads this will think "well who the **** are you to write this..." well...im exercising OUR right, and saying what i want, and if you judge for my words, then so be it...i honestly dont care what you think, but i will analize your words and observe them...maybe I will grow as a person...

in short....WTF is your problem...?

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked."

Re: WTF is your problem!??!?!!?
Friday, November 04, 2005 11:29 AM on j-body.org
america = the land of the ignorant. face it

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:31 AM on j-body.org
I'd say I agree with you and I won't call you names as its a pet peeve of mine as well.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:38 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:I'd say I agree with you and I won't call you names as its a pet peeve of mine as well.

ditto

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:49 AM on j-body.org
People are opionated and are willing to do stupid stuff to defend thier opions no matter how wrong they may be

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:56 AM on j-body.org
...som, how is buring an american flag NOT "freedom of speech". I may not agree with the practice, but it is a person's right...

Granted, i think burning an effigy of a political figure makes a better statement, but that's just me.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, November 04, 2005 11:56 AM on j-body.org
this is a good thread. hopefully everyone on the ORG will read it. even though it will also turn into a massive flame war im sure

i said it in another thread, but I just got back from India(on work assignment) and getting back to my family and friends, now makes me realize why every country in the world hates us. this country is full of ignorant people, and theres nothing we can do about it. kinda sux to think about, but everyone will have an opinion, and defend it to all lengths without even once thinking that someone else could have a different opinion.

i think JCBLL above says it best in a nice summary

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:11 PM on j-body.org
well, you all spoke like gentlemen...I appreciate that.

just to let you know, (im from a different country) I burned the flag of my country because I was sick of poverty, lies, corruption and hate that was being given from from goverment...I love my country but I hate my goverment...

i hope this will NOT turn into an war of who is right and wrong about burning the flag...cuz thats not what this forum is about...

i take "freedom of speech" not only in words....Im free to do what ever i want, Im free to kill, to love, to hate, to preach if i want to...so freedom of speech is much more then just words....When someone is burning their flag for example, I get chills just because they are burning their honor to their country and also the history behind this beautifull country.

and if everybody notices it....we are not totally free...we are behind a glass prison called "society" because we cant to what we want...IF we we're free...that would demand a great deal of responsability that alot of people cant handle. AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE....

lets see what happens now....

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:13 PM on j-body.org
Speaking of ignorant people their was a poll out a while back and Americans are now considered the most ignorant people in the world. Congrats to everyone who helped make the dream a reality. It was a long hard fight to surpass France but now that we have we needn't look back because we're rocketing away with the lead.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:21 PM on j-body.org
This thread is great and to the point. Most people on the ORG can be respectable people. The ones you have to watch out for are the Moderators Pet's that get away with post jacking and everything else. A good example is my post "What do you think if.." here in the War Forum. Hell, even a Moderator post jacked it. Yet, if that was me I'd be banned at this point. I will be surprised later if I don't have a ban or warning stating "We Moderator's do NOT have pets" or "Use the contact us button". By the way, I did use it. In fact I just "used" it about 15 minutes ago.

I do find it funny, for those that have read up on it, that people like SunCavi get banned for posting negative crap and talking immaturely, yet when SIzzy and NauticaZ and (sorry man in the versus forum) Borsty does it, it's all good?

Josh
SLK 32

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:31 PM on j-body.org
By the way, per rule #19:

# A moderator's decision is the final word. If you have a LEGITIMATE complaint about a moderator, please use the CONTACT US link on the main menu. Lame complaints will be ignored at best. Stupid complaints might put you on a list that you don't want to be on. DO NOT POST MESSAGES IN THE FORUM WITH COMPLAINTS ABOUT MODERATOR DECISIONS!

I have not "compained" about any decisions. So, in theory, I should be safe.

Josh
SLK 32

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:50 PM on j-body.org

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:58 PM on j-body.org
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:03 PM on j-body.org
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]

+1 what does that useless post have to do with this one?

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:22 PM on j-body.org
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, and we should embrace the fact that we live in countries (US and Can) where anyone (right or wrong) can voice their opinions without fear of being arrested or shot. I also agree with JCBLL95 - egos and pride can easily overwhelm rationality. I'm certainly guilty at times, but none of us are perfect.

Whore wrote:This thread is great and to the point. Most people on the ORG can be respectable people. The ones you have to watch out for are the Moderators Pet's that get away with post jacking and everything else. A good example is my post "What do you think if.." here in the War Forum. Hell, even a Moderator post jacked it. Yet, if that was me I'd be banned at this point. I will be surprised later if I don't have a ban or warning stating "We Moderator's do NOT have pets" or "Use the contact us button". By the way, I did use it. In fact I just "used" it about 15 minutes ago.

I do find it funny, for those that have read up on it, that people like SunCavi get banned for posting negative crap and talking immaturely, yet when SIzzy and NauticaZ and (sorry man in the versus forum) Borsty does it, it's all good?

Having been at the centre of that disasterous post, I think it's better to just delete it and move on. The entire org would be better for it. You certainly shouldn't be banned or warned for speaking your opinions on what happened there.

Free your mind - shoot your TV.
Friday, November 04, 2005 1:24 PM on j-body.org
alot of it is just ball busting. i know i do it just to watch people flip out. its funny

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:36 PM on j-body.org
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]alot of it is just ball busting. i know i do it just to watch people flip out. its funny

Ball busting is cool! But sometimes people want to have a good debate. When you put these two togethier it equal disaster and a flame war, no?

Josh
SLK 32

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:40 PM on j-body.org
yea but it is also the war forum so any kind of fighting is going to be allowed, wheather its on topic or not. just like the reason why they post street racings stories in the versus forum. its not a street racing forum but it still fits in there

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:07 PM on j-body.org
Oscar Ortega wrote:Is it because you dont like what other people think...? is it because you wanna press and fight for your opinions...? do you wish do be a demi-god?

You mention Freedom of speech and stuff, but if I call you a dumbass, isn't it MY freedom of speech?

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:20 PM on j-body.org
Yes it is your freedom to call me what ever you want...

But instead of calling me a "dumbass" why dont you justify your response with something that will be a debatable situation...

or since you called me a "dumbass" tell me why you called me that...there should be a reason for it...that's what makes an opinion valid and not just "trash" talk..

what made you read my forum and think of "this guys a dumbass" am i wrong in something? what do you think would be correct in your point of view...?

ur ball...

Friday, November 04, 2005 6:45 PM on j-body.org
^^dumbass

Just kidding I agree.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:03 PM on j-body.org
im kinda new to the war forum but your right in saying that alot of people attack other peoples opinions...But this is probably the only forum (next to versus) that has this stuff happen. Probably cuz its called the WAR forum. doesnt bother me too much cuz if it starts to get annoying i just leave and go to another forum.

used the word forum - 4 times in 3 sentences (felt like a lot more)

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:16 PM on j-body.org
Well, I look at it this way:
- some people agree with a subject, and that's all there is to it,
- some people partly agree, partly don't, but they want to try to make things jive, so they'll compromise
- some people don't agree with it at all and are vigamently opposed, and will do everything they can to oppose.

Given those 3 kinds of people, there are subsets:
- People that see the logic of something, and embrace it completely,
- People that don't quite get it and want it explained so they can form their own opinion,
- People that don't see the logic but go along with it anyway (these people I worry about)
- People that want to debate the point to death or obfuscate it totally with peripheral things because they don't agree with it but cannot find something to counter the original logic.

Basically, it you're in the final points of either, you really have no business here, you're not discussing, you're pontificating, or dilluting the discussion with junk.

I don't have any problem with anyone making a point until the personal attacks slurs and insults get put on the table... that's when the discussion breaks down, and becomes pointless. At that point, I think the person that makes the offending post should be warned or, if warranted, temp-banned from the forum (not the JBO on the whole) just to keep things somewhat controlled.

Lively discussion is one thing, but when there's a page and a half of crap that is unrelated to the topic, I'd be taking a pair of e-scissors to the thread and snipping out the offending junk.

I don't have a problem with a Mod joining a discussion, but some take it too far and add to the childishness (and they know who they are.. Opinion is one thing, being another ass in the mob is QUITE another). At that point, said person forfeited any reasonable excuse for being a mod, and yeah, Deserves a ban just as much. Lead by example is the operative idea, not just a quaint saying.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:17 PM on j-body.org
i generally dont come in here hell the past week or more i havent been here much at all to tell you the truth. honestly i am tired of fighting with people here. i feel i am very opinonated and will speak my mind here and off the pc i tell it like it is always have always will its a curse i was born with. i admit to name calling but its generally in retaliation. yes its very mature lol , but what else can you do ? i have meet some really cool people on here and some people that i am glad i dont live near ! just for the fact that i dont want to see them here let alone out at a movie or at a bar. ive finally co0me to the conclussion with some help from people here that if your not in a certain "click" you aint shi(-- , i generally try to give people a chance but a few on here have gotten to many chances and would rather not reply to / see them. so i try to keep it under wraps now in fear of a giant flame war and then the all mighty ban for not conforming.

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:22 PM on j-body.org
Personal opinion: The Clicks can go @!#$ themselves. If you can't stand up in a mature way for your own ideas, keep them to yourself and shut up until you can.

There's no call for personal insults, ever. It's disrespectful, and shows you have no class and no candor whatsoever.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search