French Firestorm - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
French Firestorm
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:48 PM on j-body.org
Ok...I've never really liked the french, even before the whole Iraq thing ( I mean they almost lost the hundreds year war with God on their side). But I'm curious as to what you guys think is the reason why I we have seen almost nothing on the riots in France and now spilling into Belgum and Germany.

Now I'm always eager to point to media bias, now granted this is my opinion, but the US media does lean twards the left, and since some members of the democratic party liked to point to france and the rest of europe during political campains, it wouldn't bode well for future campains to point to a country that who's minority groups are suffering from 50% unemployment rate, and incresing racial tension over the past year.

Just my 2 cents...what do you guys think?

Re: French Firestorm
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:58 PM on j-body.org
yup! it makes you wonder what France has done wrong. their response to this matter is pathetic. declaring a state of emergency imposing curfews, releasing those arrested hours later without having to post bail, and putting out fires. that couldnt possibly embolden the rioters could it? well done Chirac.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 1:29 PM on j-body.org
Well, IIRC the previous government (I forget the PM's name, it wasn't Chirac) instituted a programme where immigrants could live as permanent residents and children who arrived under a certain age (I think it was 12) were given the opportunity to live there until the age of majority (which is 16 in France), and then were given the choice of living in France as a Citizen, or returning home with no returns due.

At this point, a LOT of the immigrants are from Muslim countries (like Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, etc...) and do not want to return, but don't want French citizenship... Basically, from what I understand, along with the people that fled for a better life, there were many radical muslim clerics that have been preaching a hate agenda to the youth, and encouraging them to rebel.

The problem with dealing with these people is that:
a: a LOT of these people are brainwashed, and
b: those that are brainwashed would explode in anger if the French Gov't cracked down on them.

At this point, they're doing what they can without inciting general revolt. If they have to, they'll start in with similar measures that the US gov't has undertaken, but they'd rather quell it with only as much force as needed, rather than laying the smackdown on the entire area... Apparently, the region has a bad reputation to begin with, but because land is cheap, that's where immigrants/refugees go, there are still French citizens there that need to be protected.

Basically, when this is over, I can see a large number of deportations occurring.
I've said elsewhere that the German people have had to deal with this fairly regularly, but the Police are not as... Tolerant... as the French police are.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:23 AM on j-body.org
GASP!!! ( Jackalope grabs his chest as he sures its the end! ) Someone ELSE thinks the media is biased to the left!! I can not believe it!! ( sarcasm )

Who cares about the French? Certainly not me. I'll laugh if Paris burns to the ground.
Well as long as no one gets killed that is. I may not like them but I don't wish anyone
dead. Ok o sama and his freaks but thats it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:55 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

But I'm curious as to what you guys think is the reason why I we have seen almost nothing on the riots in France and now spilling into Belgum and Germany.

What are you talking about it's been on the news everyday. As long as nobody gets hurt and they don't burn histroical cars I could give a @!#$ less.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:41 PM on j-body.org
Adam: regarding the Unemployment issues, Most immigrants cannot work in a trade or whatnot because of guild/union requirements. Few of the immigrants that are in France are skilled, because those types go to Britain, Canada or the USA (where you can make serious money), Also, you cannot maintain employment (unless under contract and then heavy taxation burdens) as a resident alien.

France has a very good Social welfare system, the people can live and are housed, but where they were housed... not so good.

Before you start talking about the Democrats, how about commenting on how the Republican controlled governments in California and Texas have made it necessary for most farmers and construction companies to staff with illegals? Why is there a move away from automation and skilled workers? Why is it that there isn't a similar statistic in the USA that's trotted out daily? I could get into it, but at this point, you're missing the root of the problem...

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:13 AM on j-body.org
The root of the prolbem is the high cost that most caucasions don't want to, and so choose not to work labor intensive jobs that pay dirt wages...I know my dad and I are farmers, and we know of business that hire illeagles, for the simple reason that its cheap labor. You don't want to work for $6.15 an hour do you?

And I think the reason that it isn't "trotted out" every day is that it seems like once a quarter the government does studies to find the total unempolyment rate.

Spike I made that comment a while ago...I was just watching Good Morning America, with had covered other world events...but said nothing of the riots, and from what I've heard there are a lot of cars that are firebombed everyday.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:03 PM on j-body.org
The question is....who will come to rescue of the French this time?

Josh
SLK 32

Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:34 PM on j-body.org
They're going to crack down soon enough. Once that happens, maybe they'll get a few year's peace after the rabble-rousers are deported.

Adam: The cost of mechanisation is high as an upfront cost, but pays dividends later... would you rather have unskilled labour picking strawberries, or have a machine that will do it much better ?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search