street racing.... - Page 10 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: street racing....
Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:22 PM on j-body.org
grimor

thanks for the sig modifications...
your almost cool now

jesus christ, grow up...

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:26 PM on j-body.org
well 2g, one thing i gotta give you a lot of credit for, is its 10 pages now and you still havent resorted to being a moron at least you still stick up for your position

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:26 PM on j-body.org
and i would never race thru a residential area... thats just retarded.

nore on a crowed interstate.

ya know, my goal for the signature has been achieved... my sig was minuplated, and turned into a flame woot!

for the record:

Yes, i street race,

yes, i know street racing IS a crime, but those are logos from Drop Em' Ware clothing... And they fit so well

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:35 PM on j-body.org
yeah, i know where theyre from, ive been there before. and isn't it great when someone takes your posts or sig and tries to turn them into a flame? i think its funny. and is why my sig changes about every week

and as long as you keep it out of residential zones and crowded roads, its a little better. and as long as you understand you are not in half as much control as you think you are, of the situation

Hail Satan

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:47 PM on j-body.org
well its not a controled envorinment. and the same thing for the track...

my girlfriend almost lost her life racing at the track. something snapped in the motor, and she lost control of the car (565 big block rail car) flipped it over the wall and was very lucky.

So that just goes to show that no matter where you've choosen to race, your trusting your life in a machines hands. And any thing can go wrong and wipe you off the earth.

and yeah, im still a street racer. probably will always be. its what i like to do. and nothing is gonna change that.

people don't like that its fine... but as we start page 10 of this on going saga, i still stand strong. And name calling on any topic just results in bruised ego's, and disgruntaled post.

I don't even care that my sig was messed with... i think approprate actions are required by the moderators, but if nothing happens, than oh well. its the INTERNET! im not gonna sit and cry about how someone messed with my stuff, start a thread about it, and bitch and moan to anyone that will take the time to read it...

soooo, i street race, i like it.
you may race at the track, and you like that...

lets just leave it at this....

no matter where you race, your life is in the hands of your machine... every short cut you've taken to quicken results, or cheapin cost... puts you at risk... as well as others.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:51 PM on j-body.org
wow, that sucks about your girlfriend, i hope she came out of it ok.

but at least on the track nobody else will get hurt but the racer. on the streets the racer gets hurt and theres a chance of someone else gettign hurt, thats my only issue with racing. anythign else, tickets, arrest, personal injury is your own problem, i just hate seeing innocents get hurt from racing.

but i can't stop you from racing. i just hope you are ready and aware of the concequences

Hail Satan

Sunday, October 30, 2005 3:51 AM on j-body.org
Rodney never street races regularly. I mean light to light of course we all need to have our fun but never street racing like that. I can't handle that on my record.

If you get caught street racing, enjoy that ticket. I'm against it. but I'm not gonna tell people how to live their lives, it's not my place to decide that for them.

just don't be an asshat on the road is all I ask of people who race.

My friends and I have better things to do, like hit the track at qualcomm and get some timeslips in. maybe grab a hot dog or something while we're there and not be worried to hell about cops coming out of nowhere.

live and let die I suppose.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:36 PM on j-body.org
i will say that nothing is controlled. i work at a ER and i have a better chance of some druggie that didnt get his medicine he wanted flipping out or a psych patient trying to kill me than i do kiliing someone in a street race. i totally understand everyones point of view. for or against street racing. i may do it like 1 every month or two and more during the warm months. yeah thats too much considering its illegal. but so is drinking and driving which i encounter on pretty much a daily basis. just my 2 cents.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
I raced a street once.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Some blinker fluid and a couple muffler bearings.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:16 PM on j-body.org
i bet you lost. unles it was a dead end. in that case you sure showed that street who was boss.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:24 AM on j-body.org
-JaysonZ24- wrote:i street race, but lets think of something.

Anyone here who has never gone over the speed limit please raise your hand? Anyone who has never gone 5-10MPH over the speed limit please raise your hand? I doubt any hands are raised right now.

The say the speed limit on the highway is 75MPH. If im on a highway late and night with no one around but a car that i want to race, we slow down to 45MPH or so. Then we race to 80-85MPH. How is that any more dangerous or stupid than the guy doing 80-85MPH just driving?

Lets think about this. The guy doing a constant 85MPH, does that seem safe? Not to me. I see a guy speeding above the speed limit at a constant speed. That means his mind is pretty relaxed. Hes prolly been going that speed for a while and got used to it. He might be day dreaming or listening to the radio.

Now lets look at the street racer. First hes gonna be cautios no other cars are around. 1 for cops, and 2 for safety. Then during the race he is going to be focused on nothing more than driving the car. No day dreaming, no radio, nothing but driving. His eyes will be fixed on the road ahead of him.

Id rather drive next to the street racer going 85MPH than the speeder going 85MPH.

This guy had the best point pro-street racing I think. he didnt bring up anything other than speeding, which in essence, is racing. I can't believe I never thought of this either. The reason I got my $400 speeding ticket was on the highway going 190kph all the way to regina (limit is 110kph, clocked at 162) and I was really relaxed, stereo turned up, not really focused on much, if a rabbit ran out in front of me, I woulda been f***ed. Of course, I dont speed anymore on my way to regina. When I street race, in my cavalier, or in my CRX, or even my Camry, you never hear someone crank their stereo while about to race, I turn my stereo right off, not muted, not low volume, completely off. Usually its dead silent except for the motors revving. Personally, I like the sound of the motors getting ready to show whos boss. I jus love it. And when I race, I'm extremely focused. Deer, Cops, cars, NOTHING will stop me once I'm given the go signal unless one of these appears.

And these anti-street racers do have good points, but they keep bringing up killing other people, yet they dont realize that thats how the idiot racers do things. All the other smart racers wait until the road is clear (at least here) and THEN we start the race. And it's so safe where and how we do things here, that the cops dont care that we race. But yes, there is always the possibility for error. But there is a smart way to do things.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:24 AM on j-body.org
The idiots exist and because it's hard to tell who's an idiot by looking at them or their car, no street racing can be deemed acceptable. I applaud the efforts of those who try to be safe, but because there is no scenerio that is fool-proof, no street racing is safe. There will always be the possibility of a non-participant being injured or killed, it has to be taken off the streets.

I have no issue with racing itself, I have issue with people who are not invovled becoming involved involentarily.

PAX
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:54 AM on j-body.org
HA HA HA HA, I tried that approach all they'll say now is how its not there fault if someone wanders into there " race track " and how its all the other persons fault.
They just will never except responsibility for there actions or think of possible consequences. True signs of being a tough guy. ( rolls eyes )

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 6:38 AM on j-body.org
It'll likely never end, but if one person stops, thinks about it, then chooses not to endanger others, mission accomplished.

If the appoach to street racing that seems common around here were applied to drinking and driving, many more drunks would be on the road. Saying you can't stop it, compairing it to other crimes etc.. That's all distraction. I know I can't stop it, but maybe I can curb it. Know what I mean?

PAX
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:08 AM on j-body.org
Hey now your just quoteing me when I said about getting one of these guys to stop is worth the argueing. And I agree with you 100% man. I lost friends back in high school to street raceing, the cops came, they ran the cops chased, they hit a telephone pole at about 120 and died. And they hurt more people then just themselves they hurt there parents all of us (there friends) and the one dudes GF found out like 2 weeks later she was pregnant so he also hurt his baby. The I'm only hurting myself arguement isn't valid if they know anyone or have any family its just there way of saying "I'm way too selfish and don't give a damn about anyone else".

But yeah if this makes even one person stop it was worth it, well worth it.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:24 AM on j-body.org
i don't think i've posted in this thread, and i'm certainly not reading all of it...so i'll say this.

anyone...and i mean ANYONE who street races is an idiot. anyone.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:27 AM on j-body.org
Woo Hoo we actualy agree on something!!

Thursday, November 03, 2005 8:19 PM on j-body.org
^^^ yeah I'm with you guys... now where's my damn hot dog...

Friday, November 04, 2005 12:01 AM on j-body.org
i've done it before... not going to lie...

winning is fun though... mostly when its a honda... mmm

if you get up 2 150 on the highway you have mental problems... haha

i love eclipses... it feels weird going that fast in a Gst

Friday, November 04, 2005 9:25 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Woo Hoo we actualy agree on something!!

not completely. you insist that street racers are everywhere. frankly, they're not as rampant as you think.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Friday, November 04, 2005 11:34 AM on j-body.org
I don't remember saying there everywhere. Its a problem true but one I don't pretend to know the scope or magnitude of. I just find their careless regard for life offensive. Be that life their own or someone elses.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:48 AM on j-body.org
I can't believe I'm getting in on this one...

Jackalope wrote:HA HA HA HA, I tried that approach all they'll say now is how its not there fault if someone wanders into there " race track " and how its all the other persons fault.
They just will never except responsibility for there actions or think of possible consequences. True signs of being a tough guy. ( rolls eyes )

True but granted, the same errors can happen on a race track. Accidents happen everywhere you go. Of course, I'm comparing this to an back industrial area where it is completely straight away and empty to a race track.

Anyone who says that if another car gets hit because they were racing and it was their fault, they are extremely idiotic. Streets are public and you're doing something illegal. If you hit someone, the blame is all on you.

I think everyone recognizes that it's illegal and it's a risk some people take. Me personally, if I do attempt it, I don't do it in high traffic areas or anything but I'm more worried about getting caught than getting into an accident because you are more likely to get caught than to get into an accident.

One thing I notice is that the younger drivers are, the chances are higher than they will race you and be reckless about it because they fear nothing or have the feeling of being invincible. They are the same kids who weave in and out of traffic and race every slightly modified car on the road. I think alot of us MIGHT have went through that stage but I was never one for dangerous stunt driving in between cars and dipping and diving on the highway....I crossed the line there.

As I've gotten older and have more responsibility and have been dealing with traffic tickets, I prevent myself from racing or being in areas where people would approach me to race. After I got a ticket for 90 in a 65 (which was reduced to 80 in a 65 but I was really doing just over 100 MPH), I don't like to speed at all. Paying tickets and fines is not fun and neither is dealing with cops. I'm already a huge target...a black guy in a red and black hooked up sunfire...I'm just asking for tickets LOL. The important part is that I just don't want to lose my car and disappoint my mother in anyway. God has blessed me for letting get away with 2 street racing situations where I did get caught and the cop let me go in both instances (I love Linden cops), I don't want a 3rd situation.

To get to the point, there are consequences in everything you do in life. You street race and get caught, you get fine or might lose your car. You street race and wreck your car, your insurance goes up, you get fines and you could hurt or kill someone. These are the risks that you take and we all recognize it...it just takes yourself to see if that situation does occur that you will do what's right or to have some excitement.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:13 PM on j-body.org
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:True but granted, the same errors can happen on a race track. Accidents happen everywhere you go.

And the track has safety requirements and crew to help if something does happen.

Most of the guys I know that street race would leave you there if something happened to cover their own ass. Great guys I tell you what.

I am really 50/50 on the whole street racing thing. I know plenty of people that get together and go out to a completely empty road and run cars that can't run at the track because they won't pass tech. Which is also in itself dangerous.
But I understand why they do it. They don't want a roll cage in their car, fuel cell, etc....

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Some blinker fluid and a couple muffler bearings.

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:39 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ /\ Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner! Thats right the safty crew present at the track makes ALL the difference in the world.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:36 PM on j-body.org
hmm... i used to street race... back b4 i had my sunbird... i drove my parents minivan it was never at night and completely random... i raced my sunbird once and won... still don't know how... being a younger guy and a speed junkie having someone rev their engine next to you, just because they want to listen to it (i do it alot) raises the hairs on the back of my neck... it's a complete rush... i would much rather race on a track more so a road course but being in college and broke i am unable, and take what is available... not to mention i would get laughed off any track... i don't condone street racing... but if the opportunity is there ill probably take it...

call me a hypocrite i won't even blink

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search