GM Isn't Going Bankrupt. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM Isn't Going Bankrupt.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:06 PM on j-body.org
Won't Happen.

Not in our life times anyways...

They are a staple of the US economy. If GM goes... North America's Economy goes.

The US government wont let that happen.

Theyll ban imports before they let GM go under.

Praise Allah.

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club

Re: GM Isn't Going Bankrupt.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Well considering that the Union Pacific railroad placed the largest order for new locomotives in the history of the world from G.M.'s Electro Motive Division ( EMD ) for
250 new SD-70MAC diesel locomotives at the bargin price of a million and a half EACH! Then I can't see them going belly up either.

BTW that equels $375,000,000.00 for just that one order!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:41 PM on j-body.org
Why would the government have anything to do with it?

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:15 PM on j-body.org
because big corporations are the government, not these people we vote for every so often

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:18 AM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:because big corporations are the government, not these people we vote for every so often

Please expand, I don't understand.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:28 AM on j-body.org
You know Glace the guys in th eblack helicopters and such.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:11 AM on j-body.org
Glace: simply stated, the government won't allow a US automotive company go bankrupt. They will buy there product at more than what there worth.

Josh
SLK 32

Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:30 AM on j-body.org
after all, where else are the political swine going to get their graft from?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:55 AM on j-body.org
Whore wrote:Glace: simply stated, the government won't allow a US automotive company go bankrupt. They will buy there product at more than what there worth.

Sorry I'm not that knowledgeable in economics, but isn't GM a private corporation? The government has no say or else it would defeat the purpose of capitalism in the US. Even if they did, GM is losing money anyway, why would the government want to buy that.

From a emotional standpoint, I can see why the government would want to keep GM, but from economics, if they go under, then they go under. There's other companies to pick up the slack.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:30 AM on j-body.org
The comapnies that would are most likely foreign...

I doubt that the U.S. government would want to buy, say, a foreign-made tank...especially with a war-mongering regime like we have now. Plus. if the slack is taken up by, say, toyota, much of their busniess falls outside of U.S. policy, and as such, the backroom descsions by congress won't mean grapt to them, and they won't be throwing kickbacls to the politicans to sway votes in their favor.

Keeping G.M. alive is one durefire way to make sure that all the eleceted officials' pickets are lined with a fresh supply of greenbacks for years to come.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:52 AM on j-body.org
i don't see them going bankrupt. GM is also into the mortgage business. Our mortgage is with them. All they have to do is just pull money from its other investment to make up for some loss else where.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:01 PM on j-body.org
Keepers right. They may build great little cars but a Toyota built tank just doesn't strike fear into ones heart.

As for the war mongering part, Well don't forget Slick Willie has the dubious distinction of being the U.S. president who had sent more troops into other countries and into combat then anyone before in history. But I forgot he was a Democrate so he was a God.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:31 PM on j-body.org
Jack, read a few of my posts...i think the dems are just as moronic as the reps.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:55 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

They may build great little cars but a Toyota built tank just doesn't strike fear into ones heart.

Maybe its just me, but I would be scared of any sort of Tank.

1997 Sunfire
WAI
pacesetter header
Underdrive pulley = STILL SLOW.
50 shot of NX
Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:35 PM on j-body.org

thats the prototype toyota tank, u scared of that?

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Friday, November 18, 2005 5:25 AM on j-body.org
oh god, not that, have the french surrendered yet?

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:37 AM on j-body.org
No, not until they hear "Rock you like a Hurricane" blaring in the direction of Belgium

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search