The use of Chemical Weapons in Iraq by the US - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The use of Chemical Weapons in Iraq by the US
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:50 PM on j-body.org

Graphic Video Beware

Here is an example of the chemical weapons we are using rignt now in Iraq.

Re: The use of Chemical Weapons in Iraq by the US
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:34 PM on j-body.org
well, if they get burnt to death... i don't think they care what the smell is afterwards...

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:52 PM on j-body.org
Niceguy4186 wrote:well, if they get burnt to death... i don't think they care what the smell is afterwards...

HUH?
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:21 PM on j-body.org
man you don't wanna @!#$ with willie p

mike, go out and get some WP burning under your skin and you will understand, don't know the feeling myself and don't want to, and by actually listening to the dialogue in the video technically water or oxygen can be considered "Chemical Weapons" so don't get in such a big rush to make a big deal out of things

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
phosphorus is a flammable metal, not a chemical weapon

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:13 PM on j-body.org
I know what phosphorus is and the white variety is the most volitile form of it..... It is considered a a chemical weapon when being used in the way it was in that video.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:28 PM on j-body.org
i never knew that how a weapon is used determines if its a chemical weapon?!? that makes no sense. its just a metal, next thing i'l hear, is that our bullets are chemical weapons, lethal injection by lead

Hail Satan

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:34 PM on j-body.org
in the background it goes over either the fine print or someones interpretation of Chemical weapon via Geneva Convention, stating anything used to harm human or animal life due to it's chemical nature (or some BS like that, i'm going from memory since i'm not watching it again to plagarize) is considered a "chemical weapon", if the harm is an "unintentional side effect of it's intended use" it's ok

so if i fart in someones face with the intent to cause malice it's a chemical weapon, if i do it because it's funny it's ok

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:58 PM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:phosphorus is a flammable metal, not a chemical weapon

And if you want to get all technical like it is actually a non-metal element......
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:37 PM on j-body.org
whoops, sorry i was thinking of magnesuim......long day at work.....either way, the maker of that video is analyzing the definition of a chem weapon too much

Hail Satan

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:43 PM on j-body.org
Could have been thinking of Potassium though too.... That is a highly volatile metal that has the potential to burn when exposed to H2O. At any rate I wasnt really posting in a stance from either direction I just found it interesting and wanted to see how others felt. Its a nasty weapon weather you want to consider it chemical or not.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:00 PM on j-body.org
phosphorus is a nonmetal, i pulled out my periodic table and checked.....and yeah, white phosphous is a nasty weapon, i thought we stopped using it......althhough i could think of a few people id like to make eat a phosphorus sandwich

Hail Satan

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:47 PM on j-body.org
We still use Willie Pete, for signaling or hiding, the smoke can get very dense and can be seen for a distance, and for burning things that we can't recover. I've heard of units taking Willie Pete grenades and placing them on the hood of a HMMWV that can't be moved, since Willie Pete burns at such a high temperature it will burn right through the fiberglass hood and straigt through the block.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:52 PM on j-body.org
oh, so its mainly used for utility now?

Hail Satan

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:45 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, it's mostly utility, we weren't even given Willie Pete Grenades on the convoys I went on, if we got grenades they were only Frags, and I've only seen a Willie Pete grenade used once and that was 3 years ago during Marine COmbat Training to familiarize us with the grenades that are used.

It can also be used for illum because of how bright it burns, but mostly for signaling and hiding movements. Basically if a unit encounters sniper fire they'll pop a Willie Pete grenade and do a hasty clear of the nearest building.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:56 PM on j-body.org
WP is used by the Air Force to mark targets also. I've never seen it used as an actual weapon against troops. Just to mark where the bombs needed to be dropped.

Go Ugly, EARLY!

The ONLY real Close Air Support!
Thursday, November 24, 2005 5:03 AM on j-body.org
Saint wrote:Yeah, it's mostly utility, we weren't even given Willie Pete Grenades on the convoys I went on, if we got grenades they were only Frags, and I've only seen a Willie Pete grenade used once and that was 3 years ago during Marine COmbat Training to familiarize us with the grenades that are used.

It can also be used for illum because of how bright it burns, but mostly for signaling and hiding movements. Basically if a unit encounters sniper fire they'll pop a Willie Pete grenade and do a hasty clear of the nearest building.

incendiaries are wicked pissah, did the same thing with the engine block of an older cut-v when i was in basic. and i am such a slacker now i can't remember @!#$ hardly but aren't the WP smoke grenades marked with like a light green or aquamarine band and lettering? or am i way off?

cool beans mike, not rying to jump down your throat or anything, no blood no foul?

Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:36 AM on j-body.org
The 2.75" rockets have Green tips. The HEI rockets have yellow tips. Blue is reserved for "practice" rockets. At least in the AF. That's what I've seen.

Go Ugly, EARLY!

The ONLY real Close Air Support!
Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:50 AM on j-body.org
I heard on CNN that it's legal to use against enemy troops, but not on civilians. So us using it is perfectly within the laws of the Geneva Convention.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:54 AM on j-body.org
Sorry, I forgot the link.
click

Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:14 AM on j-body.org
This stuff is not a chemical weapon, it just burns. Remember on the news when they would show all the night fighting that happened? Remember all those things you could see zipping around almost looked like something out of a starwars movie? Those are tracer rounds and they have it coated on the so when they go down range you can see where your rounds are actualy going.

But if it just burning makes it a chemical weapon I guess we should ban fire too right?
Remember people this is WAR and war is not nice its not pretty and its not civilized. Its
horrible dirty and murderous. Stop being so nieve to think that people don't die horrible deaths. During the first gulf war when the Iraqes dug themselves in for trench warfair
then General Colin Powell laughed at the thought and had bulldozer's and tanks with
bulldozer blades line up and just plow the enemy under. Thats right we burried them alive and ran over the trapped soldiers with tanks to make sure they were dead and in ares we knew a bunker or command post to be in those trenches we dumped thousands of gallons of diesel fuel or gasoline just to make sure that even if someone had survived being burried then the fumes from the fuel would kill them or we would light in on fire one way or anoter they were going to die.

Welcome to war. Don't have the stomach for it then don't watch.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:21 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote: During the first gulf war when the Iraqes dug themselves in for trench warfair
then General Colin Powell laughed at the thought and had bulldozer's and tanks with
bulldozer blades line up and just plow the enemy under. Thats right we burried them alive and ran over the trapped soldiers with tanks to make sure they were dead

Welcome to war. Don't have the stomach for it then don't watch.

i remeber reading about that.......personally i think its kind funny, dumbasses got what they deserved

Hail Satan

Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:03 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ /\ I saw some of it in person and it wasn't pretty. War is not fun but this NOT a chemical weapon. Its classified as an incendiary device.

Friday, November 25, 2005 10:45 AM on j-body.org
Just thought of this, I guess they'll bitch about enemy troops suffering from led poisoning when they get shot and say its a chemical weapon as well. ( rollseyes )

Friday, November 25, 2005 11:15 AM on j-body.org
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/11/17/white.phosphorous/?section=cnn_world

Quote:

The 1993 protocol also bans their use against military targets near concentrations of civilians, except when they are clearly separated from civilians and "all feasible precautions" are taken to avoid civilian casualties, Reuters reported.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search