Todays bible and the orginal bible - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Todays bible and the orginal bible
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:29 PM on j-body.org
First off, I'd like to admit my ignorance on this topic. With that said, I thought the bible was "tweaked" by each king of England, because royalty was allowed to do that. So the current version of the bible is the "King James" bible. Anyone know if this is correct?

Just another footnote on me, I believe that the bible is a guide on being a good person, not to be taken as literal directions. The stories are written to demonstrate rewards and punishments for good and bad actions. If it was written today, there would be stories about things that happen in our lifestyles, like doing taxes online and dealing with bill collector phone calls. There may even be a book on car jacking.

Like I said, just my uneducated two cents.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:06 AM on j-body.org
bible shimble.....

Monday, December 12, 2005 4:26 AM on j-body.org
It's called the King James version because before King James comissioned a Bible, all Bibles were written in Latin (vulgate). King James had an English Bible written so that the common people could read it.

I am unaware of any other "King" version.

Previous to Henry the 8th (two generations before James) the highest Authority was Rome, and outside of England it remained the highest authority for a long time to come. I do not believe the Pope would authorize just any old Bible.

PAX
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:51 AM on j-body.org
WHAT?!?!? You've never heard of the KING BOB version?

Like I said before their's no way to know what actualy is correct or incorrect so why fight over it ? As long as your a good person I believe you'll get whatever is due you in the end.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:31 PM on j-body.org
Those 2 books , Keeper , are trying to follow......if there ever was.........a bloodline of christ. It links the The templars, the cathars, Black Madonna cults to todays freemasons. Each of which have a reverence to John the baptist. and not christ. THing I find strange is that , I beleive it was Benjamin Franklin who adopted the dollar bill design. Correct me if I'm wrong. But he was a member of the freemasons.And on the Dollar bill of the U.S it says "In God we trust" But right below the all seeing eye it says "norvus order seculorum" New secular order. Whatever Im just rambling.....you can read them yourself........

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine" E.V
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:37 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote: WHAT?!?!? You've never heard of the KING BOB version?

King Bob!

I actually have the King Bob version... It has 100 pages. On the first page it reads:

1. Be a good person and get to heaven.
2. Be a bad person and go to hell.
3. Be a bad person and say you're sorry, and we'll think about it.

The other 99 pages are about bingo games and bake sales.

And Hahahaha, thanks for clearing that up, I was wrong. You seem very informed on this subject.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, December 12, 2005 6:56 PM on j-body.org
hey, no sweat.. Umm thanks.

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search