Drugs VS Drugs - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drugs VS Drugs
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:22 PM on j-body.org
Simple debate here.

Do you think naturally grown "drugs" should be legal and why?

The only naturally occuring drug I could thing of would be pot and MAYBE coke.

Thoughts?

Josh
SLK 32

Re: Drugs VS Drugs
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:25 PM on j-body.org
I don't smoke, but i'm for legalizing weed.
and nope, should not be legal just because it is natually grown.

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:33 PM on j-body.org
shrooms are grown naturally, and if coke counts so does heroin

only reason weeds not legalized is government makes too much pretending to fight it and they would not be able to tax it enough if everyone grew their own

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:37 PM on j-body.org
I am thinking there is a lot of processing involved in refining cocaine so on that a definate no. If the goverment was smart they would legalize pot they could quit subsidizing farms. I am thinking it would be a good way to help out the farmers. Then the could tax it the same way they do cigarettes. The thing is there needs to be a reason to buy/sell/grow the stuff legally and thats where the problems arise.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:41 PM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:shrooms are grown naturally, and if coke counts so does heroin

only reason weeds not legalized is government makes too much pretending to fight it and they would not be able to tax it enough if everyone grew their own

Actually I think it's more of a testing issue. You can do a breathalizer or blood test to find out if someone is legally over the alcohol limit at that particular moment. With pot, the test tells you if someone has THC in their system. There's no way to tell if they are currently high or they smoked it yesterday or last week. It would be very difficult to enforce any laws that prohibited you from being high while driving as well as hard to enforce any rules companies set for the use of those drugs on the job.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:55 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi: there are tests that can determine when, and whether or not it was direct consumption, or passing consumption. It's done by urine test.

Personally, I don't think there's as much problem with weed as there is with alcohol or tobacco. You can't OD on smoked marijuana, but alcohol, it happens daily...

Anyhow.. Cocaine, Heroin, etc: require involved processing. Weed, you dry out the leaves. Big difference. Outside of the recreational/medicinal drug aspect, Opium cannot be turned into anything useful otherwise (okay.. maybe poppy seeds for bagels.. but c'mon). Cocoa plants are similar, but they have legitimate food applications.

Marijuana, Hemp, ditchweed, whatever... has legitimate purpose, and has been used for many years in industrial applications to augment the tensile strength of fabrics, used for fibrous filler for livestock feed (try to say that 5 times fast!). If it was a cash crop that was mandated in colonial times in Virginia (you HAD to grow hemp on a certain percentage of your farm plot), I can't see how it was such a bad thing.

If it brings a smile to your face and a need for twinkies.. so much the better, right?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:11 PM on j-body.org
I'm still confused why exactly we have come to outlaw nature... Legalize marijuana. way too many people smoke it, and it costs our society way too much to enforce laws against people who are generally harmless.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:09 AM on j-body.org
bliZsham wrote:way too many people smoke it

imho, that's exactly the problem.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:18 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: there are tests that can determine when, and whether or not it was direct consumption, or passing consumption. It's done by urine test.
Do you have any links to information on this? I'm not doubting you, but I've never heard of any such testing and would like to learn more.
Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:29 AM on j-body.org
i honestly think that the only way the goverment doesnt make pot legal is because they cant figure out a way to tax it... their always go for the green...
i think it should be legalized tho...the only thing i can think of is that 1 joint equals as 4 cigarrets...but the cigarrets has quemicals up the ahole and pot comes from the soil...
i havent seen anybody die from pot before...and if its "bad" then why does the goverment give it to some patience? its not for killing them...its to make them feel better and relaxed...so why not legalize it so everybody can feel good...you might ask?
because they cant tax it!

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked."
Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Ummm...I'm all for legal drugs for passive eugenics myself...

But answer me this...how is something not "natural". Everything comes from nature, and even if it's refined, the end product is still natural. The only exception are some the the more heavier elements created in partticle accellerators which have been fully created...

'cause if you think that anything refined is not natural, then that means honey is no longer natural.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:39 AM on j-body.org
cannon fodder wrote:
bliZsham wrote:way too many people smoke it

imho, that's exactly the problem.

How exactly is this a problem? There are so many people who smoke marijuana regularly and still live completely normal lives. They go to work on time, they love their families, take care of their children, pay their taxes... How can you possibly argue that just because you don't agree with it, it is a problem? Have you ever used it? Why would you make something illegal when almost half of the population has tried it, and MILLIONS of people use it regularly??? You just want to keep throwing your tax dollars at something that we clearly can't stop? We really need to change the ways we enforce our drug policies. Instead of taking all of this money to prosecute and lock up people who are otherwise harmless, we should be spending these tax dollars helping rehabilitate people who do have drug serious drug dependance problems. The "War on Drugs" has been a complete failure; although I'm not convinced you realize this. Drug laws create criminals. If there is no victim, there should be no crime. IMHO there's no place for consensual crimes in our society.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:54 AM on j-body.org
i personally don't smoke weed, ive tried it but i just didnt like the effects it had on me... I dont really see it becoming a problem when its legalized.

I think the hardest part would be getting a president to say he wants it legalized, it might not look good for his campaign, or it possibly could get a him a lot more votes. Honestly though I think that marijuana will eventually be legal in the U.S.

Give it time stoners!

Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:27 AM on j-body.org
I know the easiest way to tax for drugs.

A drug license.

You have to pay a yearly stipend if you want to use drugs like weed, etc. If you're caught doing the drugs w/o the license, the penalty is X times the cost of the license.

So grow your own! Just get a license to use it.

---

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:06 AM on j-body.org
that woudlnt work...
why would people get a licence and pay for the licence if they can do it in their house and to it for free...? doesnt really make much sence on getting a licence for it..
the only way it would be good to get a licence is when you gett pulled over by a cop and you show them your drivers licence and pot licence that would be hilarious!!!

that is why the goverment cant tax it...because its the only thing that is actually "free" and they cant control it...its beautifull...

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:11 AM on j-body.org
Nah see it would work for several reasons...

Growing pot is easy. Growing GREAT pot... no so easy. Even if you have a branch from some good stuff. The drying, watering, etc has to be immaculately timed.

Businesses would sprout to sell pot. There would be pot bars (like cigar or traditional bars).

Want to be part of the pot scene? Need the pot license.

Then of course..what happens if you run out of pot? You'd want to go to the pot store.

I know what someone's going to say, "I'd just bum some from a friend". Yeah, whens the last time you bummed some beer of a buddy?

---

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:24 AM on j-body.org
haha, well i dont drink...or smoke at all...(never smoked in my life)

but i see your point of view...

im guessing you have the idea of the "red border line" in amsterdam...
the problem with that is that this country is way too closed minded about stuff like that...
i can just imagine bush sayin "lets open up a hooka bar!" im sure clinton would be happy tho...and many other people around...

the thing is tho.. people dont really need a licence if they know how to control it...good weed is not hard to find...go to sac town, oregon, utah (weird) and you'll find some of the best weed....but if you live in NY or boston or places like that...I THINK, the weed sucks there...it smells like gasoline (most of it) prolly cuz they bring them in the big ass gas trailors... same thing as people with guns...alot of them dont have licences...why? because they can hide it well...and when needed...BANG!!

go to central america and you'll find, I think, the best of its kind...crystals, little red hairs....lol, one puff and you're gone!
dont remember the shipping cost but i think you can get a pound of weed for about 15/30 bucks...and its the from from amsterdam but it goes to a trip to central america and then utah..........
aint life grand!?

Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:11 PM on j-body.org
My ex g/f was a stoner...according to her, alaska, BC, washington, and oregon had the best weed...with the red hairs and crystals and all that...has something to do with the marine west coast climate found here...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:00 PM on j-body.org
yup...she's right...the best C is also from utah and oregon...currently theres ALOT of snow there...

Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:36 PM on j-body.org
You can get top of the line bud anywhere someone has a green thumb. The best buds are grown indoors under watchful eyes with controlled climates. Doesn't matter where in the world you are.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:51 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

bliZsham

You can get top of the line bud anywhere someone has a green thumb.

true, but alot of people dont know how to grow it...let alone make it survive until you get what you want...

Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:08 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

i personally don't smoke weed, ive tried it but i just didnt like the effects it had on me... I dont really see it becoming a problem when its legalized.

I'm sure that you could find a type that you did like. Weed is like wine, there are so many different variations, tastes and combinations. Cross breeding has done this, if you know enough about it you can create your own strain, exactly how you want it to effect you how long the effects last, so on and so forth. Actually learning it and getting good... takes years.

Blisham, you're right, anyone who know's it and has a green thumb can grow good green. But, before people got big into hydro and indoor grow ops they were growing outside (heck, still are). Our climate here is the reason why there are so many good growers around this area, all because they or those before them were growing it first outside. This is why certain areas (ahem** northwest) are known to be better at growing.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:27 PM on j-body.org
Weeds chill, gettin high's chill.
Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:32 PM on j-body.org
i don't see how people can say the government cant tax it......whats so different of tobbacco than weed? you could grow your own tobacco plants and make your own cigarettes right? same with weed

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:11 PM on j-body.org
potheads have too much time on their hands

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search