Gun Control - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Gun Control
Friday, December 02, 2005 8:27 PM on j-body.org
http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm#con

Ok here is what the DOJ figured last year. While it does confirm a persons right to posess arms it does not define to what extent (there is no definition of Arms) of arms they may own.

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:34 PM on j-body.org
well i still will get my full auto shotgun dammit

it will be mine

oh yes, it will be mine

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, December 02, 2005 8:45 PM on j-body.org
Yeah those are pretty cool have you seen the one like that which shoots grenades? There is also a humvee mount chain fed one that is pretty cool....
Friday, December 02, 2005 8:56 PM on j-body.org
a hummer mounted shotgun? i know there is a full auto grenade launcher, if thats what you meant, its the MK-19, and a real blast (pun intended) to shoot. my new favorite toy is the GAU-19, a 3 barreled, 50 caliber gatling gun capable of 2000 rounds per minute.

when i was in the army I had the pleasure of shooting the M-60 machine gun, M249 SAW (squad automatic weapon), M2 50 caliber machine gun, MK-19 automatic grenade gun, M-16 rifle, M-4 carbine, M203 grenade launcher, M-9 9mm pistol and my persoal favorite toy of all time, the AT-4 anti tank rocket launcher. oh and M-67 fragmentation grenades are fun too

i wish getting any of these funtoys was a little easier, i would love to have an M-249 in my home incase of a burglar.....he has a little pissant 22 or .38......i have a machine gun, i think he'd piss his pants and start crying

Hail Satan

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:05 PM on j-body.org
NO i meant the grendade one....
Friday, December 02, 2005 9:08 PM on j-body.org
ok....i thought so, but can't be too sure, yeah, the mk-19 is awsome to shoot, but it sucks if your driving a hummer and the gunner is shooting targets to the vehicle's left side.....driver gets hot 40mm casings down his shirt.......trust me, it sucks.....i have a burn mark the same size and shape as a spent 50 cal casing on my back

Hail Satan

Friday, December 02, 2005 10:03 PM on j-body.org
"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

The key part of this is "necessary to the security of a free state", which means to keep a free state, it's necessary to arm the public. Our founding fathers knew that if everyone was armed, the central government wouldn't be all powerful and restrict freedom as England did. Otherwise it would have been written "necessary to the security of our nation".

Unfortunately it didn't work out that well. (I won't bring up Waco)

Can you image how different the IRS would be if any shmuck could get that grenade gun?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, December 02, 2005 10:12 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:

Can you image how different the IRS would be if any shmuck could get that grenade gun?

"mr MK-19 says i don't owe any taxes....and so does mr AT-4"

wow.....i shouldn't be drinking....listening to scottish bagpipe war music and talking about guns.....my last statement made me way too happy

Hail Satan

Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:38 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:If everyone carried a gun, there'd be less crime because criminals would not have the upper hand. Gramma in line at the grocery store could pull her pistol and shoot a robber. Let's make it a manditory law that everyone must carry a concealed weapon.

People that think like you make me glad that not everyone can own a weapon.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:46 AM on j-body.org
i think everyone should start out with the right to own a gun, but that right can be lost...basically like how it is now. if you prove that your too irresponsible or immature to own and use a gun, you shouldn't have the right to own one

Hail Satan

Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:59 AM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:i think everyone should start out with the right to own a gun, but that right can be lost...basically like how it is now. if you prove that your too irresponsible or immature to own and use a gun, you shouldn't have the right to own one

That's called a "Priveledge."

I'd think that if the requirements to own a weapon included criminal records checks, safety courses and the ability to breathe without leaving one's mouth agape... Gun violence might go into a downturn.

I meant to add this to the previous post: If you think a well-armed populace is a polite populace... Might I suggest visiting Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Cote D'Ivoire, or even Sierra Leone.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:09 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
mikec2003 wrote:i think everyone should start out with the right to own a gun, but that right can be lost...basically like how it is now. if you prove that your too irresponsible or immature to own and use a gun, you shouldn't have the right to own one

That's called a "Priveledge."

I'd think that if the requirements to own a weapon included criminal records checks, safety courses and the ability to breathe without leaving one's mouth agape... Gun violence might go into a downturn.

I meant to add this to the previous post: If you think a well-armed populace is a polite populace... Might I suggest visiting Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Cote D'Ivoire, or even Sierra Leone.

right is shorter to spell

and yes, gun licensing procedure should inlude a background check, and saftey course at the minimum.

and your absolutely correct GAM just because everyone has a gun does not mean crime will be reduced, mabey at first but it will level out

Hail Satan

Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:18 AM on j-body.org
First remember WHY the constitution said the citizen have the right bare arms. When it was written, there was the threat of the British and because ordinary citizens had weapons they were able defend themselves and ultimately remove the Brits. At the time it made sense and it was for the good of the nation.
Fast-forward to 2005, the Brits are not threatening us any more. Times have changed and the ones supposedly protecting the nation and its citizen are all in the military and working in law enforcement.
Now the question begs, what is the purpose of a high-power fire arm? A regular firearm can do just as much damage--kill.
Lastly, with the way the law works, if you kill the supposed criminal-chances are you are one going to jail. Thats how messed up it is. (?)

The real reason banning high-power weapons is the security of law-enforcement. Like I told Jack before, law-enforcement are more fearful of their jobs as their vest are not capable of protecting them from the high-power arms, unless you're behind a tank. Picture the first Robocop movie to get an idea.

And the reason that guns in general are allowed is because the N.R.A. has a strong voice in D.C. with their lobbies. Usually by going against their wishes means no big bucks for next elections. Which is why having firearms has never been reformed.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:38 AM on j-body.org
http://www.filecabi.net/video/50caliber.html

You mean you dont see a reason to own something like this???
Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:55 AM on j-body.org
i want one kick ass rifle

Hail Satan

Saturday, December 03, 2005 11:01 AM on j-body.org
Mike Woolever wrote:http://www.filecabi.net/video/50caliber.html

Never seen a moose that threatening that needed a 1lb slug. Try swinging that sucker around in time to stop a house invader.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 11:54 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
Mike Woolever wrote:http://www.filecabi.net/video/50caliber.html

Never seen a moose that threatening that needed a 1lb slug. Try swinging that sucker around in time to stop a house invader.

Try holding up a liquor store with one lol... The fears of people owning these weapons is kind of unrealalistic in them being used for bad. The only thing you could do with something like this is pick somone off from pretty far away. My fear is that someone wouldnt quite know how to judge the power of that kind of gun and end up shooting thorugh something and killing someone.
Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:32 PM on j-body.org
Well, a FMJ slug could concievably do that kind of damage (albeit at a shorter range I'd imagine).

Seriously, the right to bear arms should be superceded by the right to arm bears. Call it the right to entertainment.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:52 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Well, a FMJ slug could concievably do that kind of damage (albeit at a shorter range I'd imagine).

Seriously, the right to bear arms should be superceded by the right to arm bears. Call it the right to entertainment.

while im not arguing with you....what the hell is wrong with your brain man? right to arm bears...what the hell?

Hail Satan

Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:58 PM on j-body.org
Well if you're going to call it sport hunting, you might as well make it a little more interesting...

Yes.. I blatantly stole that from Robin Williams (Live on Broadway 2003)...

Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:13 PM on j-body.org
true

ok then, AK-47's for all bears....and deer will have the antlers coated in steel

Hail Satan

Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:16 PM on j-body.org
I was thinking of giving them RPG's. If you're going to call it a sport... might as well make it an uphill battle for the humans

Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:37 PM on j-body.org
ooh........bears with rpg-7s......if we really want an uphill battle we could teach the bears to drive tanks.....I know some tankers....trust me, bears would be better at it

no offense to tankers on here, just making a joke

Hail Satan

Monday, December 05, 2005 1:12 PM on j-body.org
And thank GOD for the NRA !! Or all those panty waist, limp wristed, liberals would take away the guns hust cause they don't like them.

Mr. Goodwrench, Your close but the reason for us to be able to have guns didn't have as much to do with the Brits as it did to be able to keep our own govt. in check. Thats right if the govt. here got like it did in merry old England the founding fathers wanted to be sure we the PEOPLE would have a way to take it back. Come on man HISTORY
class!! You have to remember this stuff.

Now about those "Bullet Proof Vests" they're not. They are however bullet resistant &
they have a shelf life of no more then 5 years, When they are worn regularly that life span is cut almost in half. Hence the different law enforcment agencies sueing the manufacturers of those vests. Besides those vests don't do squat for the head or extremiteis. But like I said before a 30.06 can punch a hole in the vest thru the wearer and out his back. So I'll ask again should we ban hunting riffles too?

The point is that the constitution says I have a right to bare arms so if I want a high powered full automatic gernade launcher then I'm gonna buy one and I dare anyone to TRY and take it from me.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, December 05, 2005 2:57 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:And thank GOD for the NRA !! Or all those panty waist, limp wristed, liberals would take away the guns hust cause they don't like them.

Mr. Goodwrench, Your close but the reason for us to be able to have guns didn't have as much to do with the Brits as it did to be able to keep our own govt. in check. Thats right if the govt. here got like it did in merry old England the founding fathers wanted to be sure we the PEOPLE would have a way to take it back. Come on man HISTORY
class!! You have to remember this stuff.

Now about those "Bullet Proof Vests" they're not. They are however bullet resistant &
they have a shelf life of no more then 5 years, When they are worn regularly that life span is cut almost in half. Hence the different law enforcment agencies sueing the manufacturers of those vests. Besides those vests don't do squat for the head or extremiteis. But like I said before a 30.06 can punch a hole in the vest thru the wearer and out his back. So I'll ask again should we ban hunting riffles too?

The point is that the constitution says I have a right to bare arms so if I want a high powered full automatic gernade launcher then I'm gonna buy one and I dare anyone to TRY and take it from me.

The problem there is that the constitution doesnt define what "arms" are. There in lies the problem. The link I posted earlier is from the US Department of Jusitices investigation into this debate. So one could say that since nothign has been done to regulate it then yes you could buy said grenade launcher provided you can pay for it. The other side of this arguement is that the techknowledgy didnt exist to produce the weapons we have today and if they had known what was to come they may have added a stipulation.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search