Tis the Season... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tis the Season...
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:21 PM on j-body.org
Christmas greetings from the one you hate to love, jbody4jc, but before you read this, if you don't have the desire to celebrate Christ Mass this year for what it truly is supposed to be about, the birth of Jesus Christ, please stop here.
So i was thinking, Christmas catches a bad wrap a lot because of all the gift giving, and more or less the obligation to give to atleast a few especially when it comes to finances. I can attest personally that the pocket book is a little tight this time around and instead of going about all the traditions that Christmas entails, maybe do some giving through such the open mindedness as such the world claims to have, and maybe just maybe invite someone to an evening service or share in some type of awareness that God is still alive to those who are in dying need. Christmas is for all to cherish, and should not be a holiday given to the wims of religion or the material possessions to mask what it is truly about. And most of all, do not read this thread with the idea that i have anything other than Christ in store. So please, if in any way, if you feel that tug on your heart, or that something on your mind, or that anything along the way on or before or even after Christmas, just go for it, you have nothing to lose. Even go the best way you know how, there's nothing wrong with that either. <><

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com

Re: Tis the Season...
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:40 AM on j-body.org
are you saying.... keep christ in christ mas....you know im not even christian and i think its kinda sad how easter and christmas have gotten so far from their original intents.... if i say christmas, people think of santa claus and presents, not christ. and if i say easter, we all think of bunnies and chocolate, not christ. i think thats a little sad. if people are going to celebrate these holidays they should celebrate them for what they are, not what theyve become

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:55 AM on j-body.org
Happy Holidays

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 12:40 PM on j-body.org
Screw that, It's MERRY CHRISTMAS! I don't care what anyone tries to tell me. I'm atheist and it's still Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:44 PM on j-body.org
I'm not Christian. If I wanted to get snippy about it, I would insist on everyone wishing me a happy and blessed Yule.

But I still wish everyone a Merry Christmas. That's the way it's been my whole life and I'm not changing now because a bunch of overly sensitive crybabies are offended.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:08 PM on j-body.org
Man, jbody4jc: you need to find a hobby.

However, I do agree that Christmas in general is over done as a retailler's windfall.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:22 PM on j-body.org
See, the point is obvious. Christmas is about Christ, but I know and you know that if we celebrated and became a braggart about Christ on a designated holiday for another religion, there would be an uproar if it went public, or was built up on that kind of scale. The lay man can see that Christmas is about christ, why can't everybody else. I walk into work and see the star of david everywhere and blue and white everywhere. I'm not against that but I don't see one thing about Christ. If there is a holiday based around judaism for the same time, maybe so, but Christmas is on the 25th, and where He go.
I'd like to know. We can definately see that man has made christmas and even easter about everything in exception of Christ. It saddens me. Thats why I try so hard to even make these small attempts at seeing that people are given the opportunity to know that this Christmas is truely about the birth of Christ and Christ alone.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:25 PM on j-body.org
Gam, may God bless you this Christ Mass. <><

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:35 PM on j-body.org
THanks.

And you still need a hobby.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:54 AM on j-body.org
Kellie Staples wrote:I'm not Christian. If I wanted to get snippy about it, I would insist on everyone wishing me a happy and blessed Yule.

But I still wish everyone a Merry Christmas. That's the way it's been my whole life and I'm not changing now because a bunch of overly sensitive crybabies are offended.

A "Blessed yule" eh? Blessed by who?

Early Christians celebrated Christmas at the same time as winter solstace to avoid persecution, not to recruit more people.

Happy solstace.

PAX
Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:07 AM on j-body.org
I think thats what pisses me off the most is people forgetting what christmas really is. All these people bitching about it being schools..Fine, dont celebrate it, but to ask us to change the @!#$ name. Holy @!#$....christmas is not about the presents, or the tree, or the decorations, its about the birth of christ. So changing it makes no @!#$ sence to me...

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:28 AM on j-body.org
Which is why i don't celebrate christmas...because i'm not christian and i'm not celebrating Jesus Christ.

But, if you do, then go for it.

So, JB4JC, Merry christmas to you

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:29 PM on j-body.org
Keeper, your killing the positive vibe here. Actually Keeper, in this thread, you are celebrating Christ, you have no choice, because when you come to the west, you bow down. We stay connected! j/k

ps you forgot to read the first, long run-on sentence I wrote.

Friday, December 09, 2005 4:54 AM on j-body.org
I hope everyone finds happiness in whatever celebration they have.

It would be nice if we all recognised the miracle of Christ's birth and the perpetual sacrifice of the sacred heart, but that's not going to happen, so happy whatever. For me, it's Christmas.

PAX
Friday, December 09, 2005 6:15 AM on j-body.org
I celebrate it for the fat man that breaks into everyones house and leaves stuff under the tree.

Ah, yes... being a pagan has its advantages.

Friday, December 09, 2005 11:08 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Which is why i don't celebrate christmas...because i'm not christian and i'm not celebrating Jesus Christ.

Thats totally fine, but im sick of all the babys who make a big deal about being offended by Xmas. If I go somewhere and see a monorrah(SP?) I dont get offended, in fact I think they should be out just as much as Xmas trees even though Im Christian. Its just pathetic how Xmas is being shunt out of everything when I saw a statistic that 95% of Americans celeberate it.

1997 Sunfire
WAI
pacesetter header
Underdrive pulley = STILL SLOW.
50 shot of NX
Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:53 PM on j-body.org

it's been Christmas for as long as I can remember
it and I always embraced everyone's interpretation/
practice of this Holiday.

Now all of a sudden MEDIA is trying to tell me that
everyone else (all non Christians) are ganging up on
my interpretation/ practice of Christmas. Well you
know what? Screw Media!! Why would all the good
folks of different faith gang up on my holiday when
I extended ever courtesy to them? If I wish a Hebrew
a Merry Christmas, and they correct me than I will
graciously wish them a happy Hanukkah. I really
don't need media to chaperon my behaviour or drive
a wedge between faiths (during the freakin holidays
of all times).

PS I still prefer Christmas of Xmas. Xmas seems
voluntarily belligerent. I prefer Happy Holidays over
Merry Xmas anyday.

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] cuz stock sux
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:11 AM on j-body.org
if you've been reading all my posts based on this topic...i say whatever you're celebrating, celebrate it and to hell with those that get offended...and hell, if you're a cool person, you'll wish people what they celebrate, and not get offended if they wish you what they celebrate, because after all, i think every celebration of this season is about not being a complete dick to everyone.

So, I'd wish JB4JC and hahaha a merry christmas--because they celebrate christmas--same with you, urban. for Kardain and myself, it ould depend on the branch of paganism--in my case, Happy Solstice works. If there's a jew, i'd wish them a happy hanukkah.

And i wouldn't be offended is someone wished me a merry christmas...after all, it's a well-wish, and we're supposed to bve celebrating.

So, in the words of Rick James, "It's a celebration, bitches!!!"

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:25 AM on j-body.org
I think X-mas is downright insulting. You know the name of the holiday but you are too lazy to spell "Christ" out.. Man, the most important part and you're that lazy.. Please go away.

To the rest.. Well, happy whatever you celebrate.

Keeper, whatever it is you do for this time of year, I hope it brings you joy and comfort.

PAX
Monday, December 12, 2005 12:15 PM on j-body.org
Will do . And you and your kin have a joyous Christmas as well.

And yes, i'll be getting plenty of pics from Eastern europe

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, December 12, 2005 12:39 PM on j-body.org
Kardain wrote:I celebrate it for the fat man that breaks into everyones house and leaves stuff under the tree.

Ah, yes... being a pagan has its advantages.

I don't know why, but I found that hilarious!!

Anywho's... I really don't see what the big freakin' deal is about people being so uptight about what kind of wellness someone wishes them.

Just like what was said... I'm not going to be offended because someone wished me a Merry Christmas, Hannukah (sp?), Yule, Ramadan whatever. I don't know about any of you, but I don't happen to know any mindREADERS. Whatever wellness in this holiday season someone wishes me, I'm going to smile and wish them the best whatever too.

This particular "Holiday" season is supposed to be ALSO about being kind to fellow men/women, of giving, of family and friends... a Season to relax, share, laugh, smile... about the good things in life in which it seems every year people forget more and more about.

Christians shouldn't be ticked off because someone else doesn't particularly celebrate Christmas for what it is to them.....

Jews shouldn't get ticked off because someone else doesn't share the particular holiday they celebrate.......

etc..... etc......

My whole family is Christian, I kinda have my own thing going... some of it of which I'm still trying to discover for myself.

Everyone needs to stop being so darn uptight and just be happy that someone else is wishing you well over the season.

So to everyone I say: "Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Winter Solstice, Happy Yule, Happy WhateverItIsYouCelebrate!!!"

Monday, December 12, 2005 3:00 PM on j-body.org
i celebrate winter.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Monday, December 12, 2005 3:46 PM on j-body.org
To celebration....

Bitches! show Charlie Murphy your titties....THE MILK'S GONE BAD!!!!

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, December 12, 2005 4:17 PM on j-body.org
KOTL wrote:for Kardain and myself, it ould depend on the branch of paganism--in my case, Happy Solstice works.

Solstice for me as well.

And as such, for the rest of 2k5, I'll put differences aside and behave...

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:13 PM on j-body.org
We could always just say Happy Christmahannaquanzika (?) like they do in the Virgin mobile commercial. Would that make us politically correct?

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search