7 things you didnt know about PETA - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
7 things you didnt know about PETA
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:26 PM on j-body.org

Re: 7 things you didnt know about PETA
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:28 PM on j-body.org
Another interesting artical

Sorry im pissed...my boss and I were out of town today surveying a site and we went out to eat. Someone came up to me and told me why i was bad for eating my grilled chicken sandwhich.....then handed me a PETA flyer.....

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:29 PM on j-body.org
Here's the correct LINK

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:18 PM on j-body.org
were u at KFC?

this is so old, and these sites are so horrible at rearranging/misquoting and lieing

i will correct these for everyone:

Quote:

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.

no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). = totally incorrect.

they specifically state that it is our job as the CREATORS of pets to maintain them. it is our responsibility to HAVE pets because we have bred them to be unable to survive on their own. they do discourage specific breeding of course.

and hell yes the disaprove of all animal testing. animal testing = cruelty/torture.

cruelty/torture = bad

Quote:

2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 10,000 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2003, PETA put to death over 85 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

this is sooo old. peta takes in ANY animal that is sent to them. hurt/dieing/malnourished/mutilated etc... of course their percentage is higher. they deal with animals on the brink of death or in inoperable conditions.

Quote:

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

they have given money to ELF. but in 2001 they were not considered a domestic terrorist group as far as i know. and i do know peta no longer gives them money. peta also stopped giving money to the ALF as well. also if this was trully one statement why did they brake it up into 2 quotes? oh i know because they arent even in the same sentence nor have anythign to do with eachother:

“blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”

Quote:

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

the last statement is incorrect. and as far as the top part...

kraft singles cheese isnt targeted to kids?
milk commercials featuring kids saying they are going to grow up big and strong arent targeted towards kids?

and what is incorrect about saying ur mommy kilsl animals? she does doesnt she? is it illegal for a child to know the truth?

Quote:

5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.

totally incorrect and FALSE. president of PCRM is Neal D. Barnard, M.D., here is his website http://www.nealbarnard.org/

the only peopel sayign PCRM is deceptive and biased is the center for consumer freedom. and the center for consumer freedom is backed by us cattle organizations.

Quote:

6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.

that site is NOT affiliated with PETA. that is people who SUPPORT peta branching off on to their own. and also there is evidence for both sides. its all in interpretation.

last time i checked nothing was wrong with interpreting the bible and having ur own oppinion on it.

Quote:

7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”

and so would i. and anyone who actually knew the types of tests that go on to animals and the conditions they are kept in.

i dont seem to see anything shocking or astounding that a org promoting better animal welfare is against orgs that DO animal testing...

==================

but u know what, every organization has crazies. the same way soem christians are totally off their rocker. so are some animal activists. so are some car peopel so are some mormons etc...

im very sorry u had an experience with someone handing out peta flyers that u disliked. however i dont see what was wrong with what they did. did u read the flyer? i agree that HOW they said it was stupid, u dont tell someone they are BAD for doing something. u simply give them the facts and allow them to choose their own views.

but like i said every group of people has crazies amongst them. they do not however represent the group as a whole.

what the hell is wrong with not wanting animals tortured?

i understand most peoples disliek for PETA. i myself disapprove for MANY things that they do. but there is nto a DAMN thign wrong with the goal they are trying to reach.

and it makes no sense to me why someone would get pissed of because someone else gave them a flyer because they dont want animals to be killed and tortured.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:25 PM on j-body.org
im not going to argue with anyone.

i have my views u have yours. but at least KNOW each side.

i have participated in FAR to many of these debates on here.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:39 PM on j-body.org
Nate: Vivesection is required to see how something acts on living tissue. Most of the time (unless the attending scientists are utter sadists and not interested in reliable information) the animal gets local anesthetics, or is euthenised before the procedure. Yes, it's utterly groteque and tasteless, and yes, it yeilds information that is critical to the understanding of an illness, disease or malady.

Frankly, I can't get behind 90% of PETA's ideals. No meat? No Milk? No Leather? No fishing? No Hunting? Seriously, these people are real boneheads with tenuous grip on reality. Hunting, Fishing, skinning, animal husbandry has been part of humanity for eons. We still have use for everything, and to be frank, a fully veg diet isn't something most people want.

And those pictures, well, I saw the same kinds of things at an anti-abortion picket line. It's shocking, and utterly out of context... If the cure for cancer, or AIDS, or whatever requires the use of a few animals, then so be it. I hold human life above those of animals because of blatant self-interest. Drug/surgical techniques research requires living patients most of the time and animals are better than sacrificing humans (you notice a lot of these animal-rights zealots don't have a lot to say about the killing of tumor cells...). Also, their argument is self-defeating... You need to test drugs on animals to see if it helps animals (ie pets). So what, all medicines are bad until fluffy needs her anti-biotic?

The only thing that I disagree on is the use of animals in cosmetics testing... cosmetics are not necessary.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:01 PM on j-body.org
I have nothing to add, except I find it hilarious that you used a Maddox article as part of your argument heh.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:03 PM on j-body.org
Bingo^

I have been in real animal testing labs (not propaganda labs) and have seen a good amount of the animals (I'm a computer tech, computers are everywhere). I have seen testing on chimps, rabbits, dogs, mice and rats. Interestingly I noticed things. The animals seem to have no discomfort (I grew up on a farm, I know what and animal in distress looks like (because they are injured or sick, not because of farm conditions)). The areas are as clean as an operating theatre. Most of the animals are friendly, which says to me they have seen no cruelty. Some mice had teeny tiny cathedars and still seemed content.

Today I wore my leather shoes and coat, and sat in the leather interior of my car on my way for lunch. I had a huge pork snitzel, but I was dreaming of steak.

The most horrible thing I have seen on a farm (I lived on one and visited many) was caused by weather. At our farm, cattled huddled under a tree during a thunderstorm (the barn was open to them, they chose the tree) when it was hit by lightning. 15 dead, 2 badly injured and 30 or so really freaked out for about a day. It was a huge old oak tree. One of the sadest things was cutting it down. I gave up counting rings at about 400 or so. I'd guess it at 600 to 700 years old. The things that tree had been through! wow! Another catastrophe was when a tornado went through a rural area with a lot of dairy farms (Woodstock, 1982 or 1984 or so) the carnage was unreal. Very clean, healthy corpses everywhere.

PAX
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:12 PM on j-body.org
Was I at KFC? No i was at the Club...its a nice resturante where i didnt wanna listen to someone tell me what to eat..but thats werid because my fiancee just brought me home KFC

Anyways, im not going to argue with you, you have your views, and whos to say your correct either?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:23 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Nate: Vivesection is required to see how something acts on living tissue. Most of the time (unless the attending scientists are utter sadists and not interested in reliable information) the animal gets local anesthetics, or is euthenised before the procedure. Yes, it's utterly groteque and tasteless, and yes, it yeilds information that is critical to the understanding of an illness, disease or malady.

Frankly, I can't get behind 90% of PETA's ideals. No meat? No Milk? No Leather? No fishing? No Hunting? Seriously, these people are real boneheads with tenuous grip on reality. Hunting, Fishing, skinning, animal husbandry has been part of humanity for eons. We still have use for everything, and to be frank, a fully veg diet isn't something most people want.

And those pictures, well, I saw the same kinds of things at an anti-abortion picket line. It's shocking, and utterly out of context... If the cure for cancer, or AIDS, or whatever requires the use of a few animals, then so be it. I hold human life above those of animals because of blatant self-interest. Drug/surgical techniques research requires living patients most of the time and animals are better than sacrificing humans (you notice a lot of these animal-rights zealots don't have a lot to say about the killing of tumor cells...). Also, their argument is self-defeating... You need to test drugs on animals to see if it helps animals (ie pets). So what, all medicines are bad until fluffy needs her anti-biotic?

The only thing that I disagree on is the use of animals in cosmetics testing... cosmetics are not necessary.

i totally understand ur side gam, and me and you through other posts have pretty much come to a agreement to agree to disagree gracefully

we just have different views. you put human life above all other life. i try to keep all life as equal in my eyes as possible. it not %100 possible to do but i sure try alot. and that is what i believe in.

humans and the world were around for MUCH longer than vivisection has.

there is ALOT of animal testing done that yields no results, and had no specific outcome sought after. testing, just to see sort of thing. ie. tobacco companies after nicotine was proven adicting and to cause some birth defects continued to do a study in which it put animals in a extremely high nicotine envirnment (air and iv) to check to see if it would have an effect. did they need to torture those animals to find that out? no it was plain logic. and already proven.

---

I have for a long time been researching buhdism. struggling greatly to understand some aspects. and the fact that i do not believe in reincarnation. but in case this helps illustrate my beliefs ill use an example.

here is something that i like:

Quote:

That is why we have to have laws such as, ‘I will refrain from intentionally killing,’ because our instinctual nature is to kill: if it is in the way, kill it. You can see this in the animal kingdom. We are quite predatory creatures ourselves; we think we are civilised but we have a really bloody history - literally. It is just filled with endless slaughters and justifications for all kinds of iniquities against other human beings - not to mention animals - and it is all because of this basic ignorance, this unreflecting human mind that tells us to annihilate what is in our way.

However, with reflection we are changing that; we are transcending that basic instinctual, animal pattern. We are not just being law-abiding puppets of society, afraid to kill because we are afraid of being punished. Now we are really taking on responsibility. We respect the lives of other creatures, even the lives of insects and creatures we do not like. Nobody is ever going to like mosquitoes and ants, but we can reflect on the fact that they have a right to live.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:25 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:Was I at KFC? No i was at the Club...its a nice resturante where i didnt wanna listen to someone tell me what to eat..but thats werid because my fiancee just brought me home KFC

Anyways, im not going to argue with you, you have your views, and whos to say your correct either?

didnt say i was correct. stated my views as they are.

dont see how not wanting animals killed/tortured is incorrect though.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:35 PM on j-body.org
I work for Bonne Bell Cosmetics. We make Lip Smackers and a few hundred other cosmetics. We don't test on animals, we test on volunteers.

PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals.

I think you should have to volunteer for medical research to become a member of PETA. Prove you really care by making a personal sacrifice. Until then what choice do we have? I'd rather lose a few cute fuzzy bunnies than my gramma.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:48 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:
humans and the world were around for MUCH longer than vivisection has.

there is ALOT of animal testing done that yields no results, and had no specific outcome sought after. testing, just to see sort of thing. ie. tobacco companies after nicotine was proven adicting and to cause some birth defects continued to do a study in which it put animals in a extremely high nicotine envirnment (air and iv) to check to see if it would have an effect. did they need to torture those animals to find that out? no it was plain logic. and already proven.

As I said, I don't think there is such a thing as no results... either they were unintended, or were not expected.

For that specific demonstration: Some people are pretty stupid. I mean more than the average brick-dumb mouth breathers, I'm talking boarder-line genetic engineering @!#$-up dumb. To drive a point home, sometimes you need to prove it it brutal fashion. Also, the after effect of the experiment was to see how quickly nicotine affected the internal organs and to what degree. Sometimes, the only way to find out how people are affected is to see how animals die. It's at best distasteful, but then again, Autopsy's were outlawed for over 400 years in Britain. Imagine if people were able to find out why bubonic a pneumonic plague victims were dying... might people not have been saved?

Quote:

I have for a long time been researching buhdism. struggling greatly to understand some aspects. and the fact that i do not believe in reincarnation. but in case this helps illustrate my beliefs ill use an example.

here is something that i like:

Quote:

That is why we have to have laws such as, ‘I will refrain from intentionally killing,’ because our instinctual nature is to kill: if it is in the way, kill it. You can see this in the animal kingdom. We are quite predatory creatures ourselves; we think we are civilised but we have a really bloody history - literally. It is just filled with endless slaughters and justifications for all kinds of iniquities against other human beings - not to mention animals - and it is all because of this basic ignorance, this unreflecting human mind that tells us to annihilate what is in our way.

However, with reflection we are changing that; we are transcending that basic instinctual, animal pattern. We are not just being law-abiding puppets of society, afraid to kill because we are afraid of being punished. Now we are really taking on responsibility. We respect the lives of other creatures, even the lives of insects and creatures we do not like. Nobody is ever going to like mosquitoes and ants, but we can reflect on the fact that they have a right to live.

Certainly, however, at the time, Buddhist knowledge didn't have a way to cure the ailments of people without experimenting on people... and most of the time, it was simple salve or remedy that might treat the symptoms, but not the root cause.

I don't at all advocate the wholesale slaughter of animals to prove a simple theorem or hypothesis... I do advocate learning from animals to better our own AND animals lives.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:01 PM on j-body.org
My feelings of sympathy for the torturing of animals is a lot smaller than my feelings of value for the lives of humans. If you can really donate money to this organization, I think you need to reevaluate your priorities.
Millions of people die every year from heart disease, aids, malaria, cancer, ect...
My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer a few days ago. My grandmother died of it in 1993. Thankfully there have been enough advances in medical technology that my mom should be able to live through it. That's the way it is with a lot of people. Kids and adults alike get to live because a few monkeys got poked with needles and some rats died. If saving ten people's lives meant the brutal slaughter of every single hamster alive today... why would we not take this?
Everything is going to die eventually. Face it. You don't care about Almiqui or Turkey Vultures. You don't care about Mosquitoes and Spider Crickets. You care about big and small fluffy animals because there is a false feeling of attachment (A monkey would probably rather have an allergic reaction to some lipstick than sit through Sunday mass with you.) For some reason, people think that cows have a meaning to their lives other than to reproduce and die.
The truth is this:
Animals are stupid. Humans have feelings and intelligence beyond what an animal could ever have. Take away fish, poultry, meats and dairy. Take away leather, suede, furs and feathers. Kiss the economy goodbye and pat yourself on the back for letting cows get eaten by liberated dogs instead of hungry children suffering of anemia because their diets lack B12. Please note that B12 is needed to live and the ONLY source is through meat products. Vegans can take B12 dietary supplements.... which are still harvested from animals. Lose, lose.....
Still, no matter what you do, no matter what happens... the fat-cats over in Washington love steak. TRY to pass a bill.
I have a feeling I'll be able to get delicious 5% real white meat chicken nuggets on the dollar menu for a LONG time to come.

Cardomain|Myspace

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:46 PM on j-body.org
"Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it." - Ingrid Newkirk President and Founder, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:00 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:"Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it." - Ingrid Newkirk President and Founder, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Let's see if that attitude changes if one of her family gets AIDS. Ever hear the saying "there are no athiests in foxholes"?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:25 PM on j-body.org
that whats i was thinking...i bet any PETA member would change there views if an animal reasearch could save a family member from death

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:48 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

I heard about something like this the other day on a radio show. It was like a little Comic Book.

1997 Sunfire
WAI
pacesetter header
Underdrive pulley = STILL SLOW.
50 shot of NX
Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:06 AM on j-body.org
If God didnt want us to eat animals he wouldnt have made them so tasty.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:50 AM on j-body.org
If you want to take the God angle. God does not waste words or energy. The animals were created for a definate reason. Domesticated farm animals serve but one purpose, our survival. Food and clothing.

If you ever get lost in the Canadian North, you need to do four things immediately. Build shelter, start a fire, find water, and start fishing until you can find some game. You have to eat, period.

PAX
Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:58 AM on j-body.org
GOD did not create farm animals. we did.

there is not a single thing that we get from animals that the american culture NEEDS for survival.

there are always situations when someone must decide wether there life is more valuable than anothers. that they MUST take another life for themselves to keep on living. if u are lost in the middle of an artic plane you will be faced with that decision.

however, no one is faced with that decision in the local grocery store.

i believe the perfect words to describe would be greed and glutony. since we are on the god subject both of which are deadly sins

Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:21 AM on j-body.org
NAT, how about FOOD? And since you brought up GOD, I believe GOD said it was OK to eat the flesh of animals. Remember ? After the whole flood thing?

Anyway PETA tried to hand out those little "your mommy kills bunnies" comics around
here and they run out by the police before the parents could get to then cause we would have beaten the crap out of them.

They are nothing more then ECO-terrorists and even tho I agree with the view of animal testing I don't agree with how they go about doing what they do. Burning places to the ground after brakeing in to release the animals. Not looking to see if people are even there or not before the start, NO ANIMAL LIFE IS WORTH MORE THEN A HUMANS.
Then how about where do those newly liberated animals go? Who takes car of them?
Who feeds them? Are they natural to the area OR are the idiots at PETA just issueing them all a death sentence cause they can't fend for themselves?

PETA needs to make a LOT of changes before I'll ever think them anything more then
terrorists

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:51 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:NAT, how about FOOD? And since you brought up GOD, I believe GOD said it was OK to eat the flesh of animals. Remember ? After the whole flood thing?

he may have at the time said it was neccesary to eat an animal to stay alive. because at that time in history there wasnt many choices for food. however, in todays society the act of eating an animal is strictly because u like it and or dont care. this would be considered both greed and gluttony along with a whole slew of other things.

the bible and faiths and religions are all interpretations. no side can SAY they are %100 correct over the other. at least not at this point, unless god/jesus came down and stated definite truths and meanings directly to the public.

from the bible some excerpts

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, they who partake of benefits which are gotten by wronging one of God's creatures, cannot be righteous: nor can they touch holy things, or teach the mysteries of the kingdom, whose hands are stained With blood, or whose mouths are defiled with flesh.

God giveth the grains and the fruits of the earth for food: and for righteous man truly there is no other lawful sustenance for the body.

he understands that at some point u may HAVE to eat/kill an animal to survive, but that doesnt mean its "ok" and encouraged. hence the word "lawfull". member thou shalt not kill.

But if any animal suffer greatly, and if its life be a misery unto it. or if it be dangerous to you, release it from its life quickly, and with as little pain as you can, Send it forth in love and mercy, but torment it not, and God the Father-Mother will shew mercy unto you, as ye have shown mercy unto those given into your hands.

also all of these saints were vegetarian:
St. Basil, St. John Chrysostom, and St. Francis of Assisi.

there are also many quotes from the bible where it states to eat meat and states to give sacrafice etc...

so for such a ancient mutliple translation contradicting text written through multiple peoples interpretations and memories of events, for people to claim a specific quote or part of the bible as its entire meaning is assanine.

and for people to live word for word literaly off of text that should be taken seriously and interpreted is also illogical.

and to live by standards set within text that had no knowledge of society and human development thousands and thousands of years later, just doesnt make sense.

times change, people change, religions change (how many times has the christian faith changed their official standings on things, too many to count)

there is no religion that is CORRECT. the point is to live ur life in a way you feel yoru god would actually want you to live.

and if you feel that your god believes it is ok to for no neccesary reason to survive to raise animals in bad conditions, kill animals in production lines by the billions per year, and eat them hand over fist to the point of causing yrou own body harm through high blood pressure, heart disease, liver problems, cholesterol, obesity... than so be it.

but that is not what i believe. and theres a whole world out there that has nothing to do with PETA that feel the same way as i do. entire countries in fact. through centuries of history.

--------

regardless of all that, i was raised catholic. i do not attend church and i do not know wether or not there is an actual being/god in which created life itself.

i currently in my belief systems resemble and identify most with buhdism. the only thing so far i have not been able to follow through a year or two of reading and trying to understand the ways is reincarnation. buhdists eat no meat and use no animal products. and attempt to have as little impact on the world around them as possible.

Quote:

Anyway PETA tried to hand out those little "your mommy kills bunnies" comics around
here and they run out by the police before the parents could get to then cause we would have beaten the crap out of them.

some people are stupid. first of all, while i do not see a damn thign wrong with these comics i would nto pass them out. i dont feel the need to target children even tho i dont see anythign wrong wiht it. id much rather try to educate or open adults minds to new things. and have intelligent conversations... even tho sometimes thats not possible.

those people im sure were trespassing on private property. because the law stats that anyoen anywhere can leaflet anything they want as long as it is not somethign illegal (drugs/porno etc) as long as they are on public property.

those people were idiots. many people are idiots. many things peta does are idiotic. however that does not make their cause bad.

Quote:

They are nothing more then ECO-terrorists and even tho I agree with the view of animal testing I don't agree with how they go about doing what they do. Burning places to the ground after brakeing in to release the animals. Not looking to see if people are even there or not before the start, NO ANIMAL LIFE IS WORTH MORE THEN A HUMANS.
Then how about where do those newly liberated animals go? Who takes car of them?
Who feeds them? Are they natural to the area OR are the idiots at PETA just issueing them all a death sentence cause they can't fend for themselves?

first of all what u speak of is the ALF. animal liberation front. a group of criminal element that use direct action to free animals. while it obviously free these animals from their suffering i do not agree with breaking the law to get things done.

secondly, any and all animals rescued/taken are then given to farm/lab/abuse sanctuaries. most of which (the real ones) have large on site agricultural staff along with fulyl self contained and educated veterinary staff.

Quote:

PETA needs to make a LOT of changes before I'll ever think them anything more then
terrorists

totally agree. their cause is awesome. some of their strategies are far less than stellar

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:55 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:NAT, how about FOOD?

in our current state of evolution and society, there is no physiological or biological neccessity to eating meat. there is nothing your body NEEDS that HAS to come from meat.

also

the us government a year or two ago officially released that a veg diet gets every single essential vit and nutr required by the human body for healthy living.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:02 PM on j-body.org
PROTEIN. Sorry I'm not a tofu kinda guy. No protein you and you will die.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search