7 things you didnt know about PETA - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 7 things you didnt know about PETA
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:26 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Someone saves your life, but not in the way you want them to, so you sue them?!?!?

You must live in the US.

PAX

someone forces me to go against all my morals and or religion for no other reason besides the fact that the person doesnt liek to encourage veganism.

yes i sue them.

there was a %100 equally easy and effective cure for that persons anemia. that would have kept him within his morals and or religious principles. but the option was not given.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:05 AM on j-body.org
Frtom what I read, nothing was revealed in the article. For all we know, the person chose that option. You shouldn't jump to conclusions.

PAX
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:21 AM on j-body.org
he said he cured the guy. not much assumption needed.

what i did find very cool was that, even tho that guy so heavily promotes meat/dairy eating, he is FIRMLY against factory farming.

maybe some other meat eaters should take that tip.

just because you eat meat doesnt mean you should accept and defend the cruelties of factory farming.

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:08 PM on j-body.org
Yes, factory farming is the #1 reason I'm tempted not to eat meat. It's bad enough that your killing the animal, but if it's a factory farmed animal your probably doing it a favor.

Hey nate, where can I find good vegan or vegitarian recipes?
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:49 PM on j-body.org
oh man there is tons.

first id recomend going ot restaruants that offer vegan/vegetarian dishes. that way u can try things and seee what you like. that way you dont go to the effort of cooking something, and have it not be something u would have liked in the first place.

do you like asian food?

i never knew about thai food until i went veg. and i must say, thai food is the absolute best food i have ever ate. italian food used to be my fav. but once u taste thai u never go back lol

the majority of all thai places will have at least a few veg options (since official religion of thailand is buhdism)

here is a great site with 800 recipes

http://vegetarian.allrecipes.com/

just as any recipes u may find some u make and hate. and u may find some u make and love.

have fun with it. and like i said id suggest going to restaruants first before making your own dishes

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:59 PM on j-body.org
if ur looking to be vegetarian and not vegan, recipes are endless

u can use any normal recipe just use a few substitutions. same even goes alot of time with vegans

if your vegetarian, if the recipe has meat, dont use meat. or u can go to yoru local grocery store (safeway has alot of fake meats) or natural food store to pick up fake meats/meat analouges.

a few examples i have tried that tasted great

fake salami
fake meatballs
fake sausage
fake hotdog

if your vegan with just a few substitutions u can make most any regular recipe friendly to yoru diet.

if it uses milk, use soymilk
if it uses cheese, use soycheese (becarefull, some fake cheese can be bad tastign and or not melt. best brands are: follow your heart, and oen i dont remember the name of, its at safeway and is in a green package. to me it taste 3x better than real cheese.
if it uses eggs (as rising agent ie cupcakes cake etc..) u can use sprite, banana, and yeast. i have personally used banana instead of egg in brownie mix. made the brownies plump right up and u couldnt even tell there was banana in the brownie. u use half a banana per egg reqd

basically im just saying, even if your veget or vegan, ur not limited to "vegan" recipes. it is very simple to adapt any of yoru favorite dishes.

lol sorry im going on and on.

i guess it would be better if u have specific questions to email me, and ill be more than happy to answer them for you. like if u want to know the best cheese, or best tasting soymilk or best brands for non dairy icecream, or best meat analouges etc...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:21 PM on j-body.org
Wow, this thread got way off topic... But I did get a link with some good recipes for my wife to try.

Do vegans live longer? We won't have any real data until we have 1 full generation of vegans to study. But it doesn't matter, it's a choice they've made and that's cool.

My problem with PETA is their misinformation. I would support a PETA initiative to label meat as "humanely taken care of" or "factory farmed" or whatever. If the real information was readily available people could make up their own minds as well. There's just too much confusion about what is or is not really happening, as is obvious in this thread. And when speaking of misinformation, PETA doesn't have clean hands either.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:59 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:Wow, this thread got way off topic... But I did get a link with some good recipes for my wife to try.

Do vegans live longer? We won't have any real data until we have 1 full generation of vegans to study. But it doesn't matter, it's a choice they've made and that's cool.

there are thousands of years of records of vegans/vegetarians

i listed them all in 2 previous posts

nearly the entire country of thailand(official religion of thailand is buhdism = 360 million Buddhists ), parts of india, hindus and jains (7 million Jains in India) Muslim sects such as the Sufis and Bahai's

and they have been vegan/vegetarian for anywhere between hundreds of years to thousands of years

what we dont have data on however, is if a vegan/vegetarian in american society lives longer. and that will take more time to find out.

Quote:

My problem with PETA is their misinformation. I would support a PETA initiative to label meat as "humanely taken care of" or "factory farmed" or whatever. If the real information was readily available people could make up their own minds as well. There's just too much confusion about what is or is not really happening, as is obvious in this thread. And when speaking of misinformation, PETA doesn't have clean hands either.

agree %100 with everything there

however we will probably NEVER see the day when a food is labled wether it was factory farmed or not.

i gave a story earlier about organic milk. regular milk suppliers sued organic milk suppliers for having a "hormone free" sticker on their cartons. the organic milk indeed does not contain any hormones. but the regular milks suppliers sued on the cause that it would make consumers wonder about what is in cartons without this sticker, therefore effecting their profits.

regular milk suppliers won the case. doesnt make sense does it?

the factory farming industry as a whole is mostly untouchable, unless you can get consumers as a whole to boycot products.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:39 AM on j-body.org
Again, all they had to say was "No Hormones added" instead, because "hormone free" would be a lie. You cannot take a fluid from a gland and claim it is hormone free. There are natually occurring hormones in milk. That's why that case was "lost", because it's the truth.

PAX
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:41 AM on j-body.org
actually, i do not remember the EXACT wording. but it was a sticker that was something along the lines of no hormones/hormone free no hormones added etc...

ill have to try and look it up and see fi i can find exact wording.

that would definitely explain why, if it was indeed because of the difference between no hormones added and hormone free

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:40 AM on j-body.org
If the original wording was correct, someone needs to fire their PR people.

And BTW, Veggie Sausage tastes awful. I dunno what kind of "sausage" they were taste-testing against, but they really are terrible. I wrecked a barbeque serving those... good thing I had a reserve of regular brats/knacks at the ready.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:57 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:If the original wording was correct, someone needs to fire their PR people.

And BTW, Veggie Sausage tastes awful. I dunno what kind of "sausage" they were taste-testing against, but they really are terrible. I wrecked a barbeque serving those... good thing I had a reserve of regular brats/knacks at the ready.

all brands differ GREATLY

some taste liek certified shiz smeared cardboard.

some taste trully awesome.

all depends. saying all veggie sausage sucks after having one brand is liek saying all eneergy drinks suck after having one brand.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:30 PM on j-body.org
Well, the vegetarian section of the closest supermarket and the vegan food center (that's a stupid drive away) carried the same stuff....

Either way, Energy drinks are for wusses, too.

Real men use Crack cocaine!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:36 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
Either way, Energy drinks are for wusses, too.

Real men use Crack cocaine!

thats awsome

and i dunno, some veggie things are good, some suck bad, some of those gardenburgers are just plain nasty, i had one, and the only way i could make it good was to deep fry it, and add cheese and bacon, which defeats the purpose of a veggie burger...but on the other hand.....eggplant parmesan to me is just as good if not better than veal or chicken parmesan.....basically, packaged vegitarian stuff i don't like, but a good cooked vegitarian meal is really good

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search