New Official Air Force Mission Statement... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Official Air Force Mission Statement...
Friday, December 09, 2005 7:41 AM on j-body.org
The mission of the United States Air Force is to deliver sovereign options for the defense of the United States of America and its global interests -- to fly and fight in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123013440

People are making a fuss about the addition of 'cyberspace' I say what about space, last time I checked the united states signed an agreement to not put any weapons in space, now it seems we cant do it fast enough and not in enough ways.

Re: New Official Air Force Mission Statement...
Friday, December 09, 2005 8:36 AM on j-body.org
LAME !!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, December 09, 2005 9:02 AM on j-body.org
Well the US has withdrawn from the NNPT, and several other weaponisation treaties.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, December 09, 2005 11:54 AM on j-body.org
I used to work at the Air Force Research Laboratories, Maybe cyberspace is refering to just technological advancement? Does anybody know how the air force compairs to the other branches as far as R&D go?

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Friday, December 09, 2005 5:11 PM on j-body.org
I don't know about their internet presence, specifically.

I do know that there have been civillian Gov't Data infrastructure programmes for years. I can remember a US gov't recruiting rep. visiting my University (in Canada ) looking to recruit SW/HW Comp. ENG/Comp. SCI students. I also know that there are a few US universities (MIT, CALTECH Berkely, GA TECH) where top performing students are offered tuition reimbursement plus a decent salary if they agree to work with one of a handfull of Gov't Agencies (I presume under the FBI (with SA Training)/NSA/NSIA/HSA Directorates) for like a 5-10 year term.

I was offered the opportunity, but I stubbornly decided on getting my Masters (to command a higher salary.. look what it got me.. ), and after that, the offer was closed to non-us citizens.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least about the USAF trying to establish an E-Presence, they've traditionally been the most upwardly mobile armed service when it comes to R&D.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search