GEORGE BUSH - Page 10 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Well, the comparison to WWII is true. After th
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:00 AM on j-body.org
MR.GTO, Its just sour grapes on the part of the liberals. I mean for a conservative to acheive so much more then thier hero Clinton did or even could have for that matter while fighting a war and suffering thru 9/11 and a resesion. Bill could never have done as good as Bush has. And God help us all if Gore had won and don't even get me started on Kerry.

Like I've said before the war is not popular but it needs to be done. Other then that by looking at everything going on it would apear Bush is the best president we've had in a very long time.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:34 AM on j-body.org
That's simply not true. I for one, am conservative (especially fiscally), and if in the US I would tend to vote Republican.

You cannot atificially inflate an economy for ever. Right now the US economy is propped up by artificially low energy costs and interest rates. This cannot continue. It has been tried before and failed, this time it's happening on a larger scale.

Look at the numbers carefully. Look at the real costs vs. those being payed. Look at how modest the growth is (even though it's being advertised as big, it is not). Look at the skyrocketing debt. Why do you think debt does not matter? Why are you not concerned about it? Would you be concerned if you had a $200 000 mortgage but you house was just appraised at $125 000 ?? You should be. You should be very concerned indeed. Let's face it, GWB is being very liberal with his spending, and while it is working to keep Americans employed, it will end. He doesn't care though, that's be for some other president to deal with. Look at the Nixon years, this is similar, but dealing with many more dollars. Rememeber the price of gold shooting up in the 70s? Do you know why? Do you remember what happened after? It'll be that again, only this time the Saudis will not find more oil and make a new deal.

Gold does not go up in value, dollars go down, it is reflected in a "high" price for gold, but in reality it's low buying power for dollars. Think about it.. What changed, the gold, or the dollar?

Do you know why the FBI thinks it's important that foreign drug cartels have switched to the Euro? Not because the money will be harder to trck, on the contrary. Their real concern is that the US dollar is falling out of favour with foreign traders. The drug cartels are first because they are the most flexible and some of the smartest investors on the planet.

Seriously, things may seem good right now, but the writing is on the wall. It's time to take a good hard look at the reality of increasing debt service ratios and just where the money to pay for all this is going to come from. You either have to tax it from your citizens or steal it from another nation. Which will it be?

PAX
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:55 AM on j-body.org
Sorry HAHA but you can't argue figurers. Neither can Gam. Of corse if you doubt me go pick up a coppy of the mag yourself, it breaks it all down.

And I'm not saying things may never get worse, but right now the economy is the best its been in a very very long time.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:16 AM on j-body.org
^^^sure, pick up a copy of a magazine <rolls eyes>...it's like Watching Fox News or CNN--they tell you a different story, and both have their naso-anal interfaces lubed up for the political party du jure that they are in bed with. Basically, choose your bias.

I find it funny how everyone argues how good or bad things are/wre with the [politician they choose to hate, when they need to realise that whether it be Bush Jr, Clittin', Bush Sr. Regan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, JFK, Lincoln, Wahington, whoever....THEY ALL SUCKED AND WERE GIVING THE POPULACE A COMPLETE PANTS-DOWNER. I mean, lets face it--thats what the job description is for a career politician. Ditto with Canadian, Slovak, Czech, and British politicians--all of them, in fact.

So, in today's context--it doesn't matter if you think Bush is one evolutionary step above a garden fungus or if you find his real-man essence refreshing; or if you think Clinton was the best president we had or should have been l;aid by his heels--they both raped the collective anus of the american populace.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:04 AM on j-body.org
You have to look at all the figures, not the select positive few. There is no arguement when you look at the whole picture.

Spending massive amounts of tax dollars to get modest gains from the economy spells just one thing, TROUBLE. It gets better when you concider it will not be Bush who has to deal with this problem, he'll be out of office.

The whole reason for voting for a conservative party is to avoid "tax-and-spend-asourus-rex" and yet that is exactly what you got with GWB.

How many tillion spent on the war effort alone? Cuts to what? Selling off governement assets?

How long can a company stay in business when they spend more than they earn? How about on personal level.. Think of a credic card.. You can buy things you cannot afford, but sooner or later you have to pay, plus interest. Same thing here.. Think of the jobs right now as that big screen TV you bought.. Life is grand watching movies on a 60" screen, until you get the bill. Same goes here.. Everything seems great but sooner or later you will have to pay.

He's buying good economic (not great, but good) number on credit. The collectors will be around sooner or later and times will get tough. Meanwhile who's getting payed with all that borrowed money? Look to the best buds and campain contributors, you'll see.. Will they have to pay, no no, they'll be sitting pretty on YOUR millions that you have already paid, and the millions that you will be expected to pay (the entire tax base, no, not just you).

Good luck,

PAX
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:17 AM on j-body.org
Yes thats right. There is NO ARGUEING the numbers say the economy is better now then it has been in 50 years. I'm not makeing up the numbers and neither are they. I find it funny that as soon as a magizine or news story reports something positive Bush is doing you all scream fowl and say they are a right wing news agency. Well if thats the case then why have they been so critical of the war and do not support it at all ? Seems to me that you guys need to stop always being so pesimistic when good news is stareing you right in the face.

The economy is better now with less unemployment then its been in a long damn time.
The ONLY reson your all so bitter about is that it would apear the Republicans way of running the economy is better then the Democrates and its eating you up inside. So go ahead be a harbinger of all the terrible things to come because right now is better then its been in 50 some odd years. I know you must hate reading this but hey thems the facts. the Republicans can run govt. BETTER then the Democrates can, Deal with it.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:25 AM on j-body.org
^^^since when? Seems to be like they both miss very glaring things...right now, how about bush forgetting about, say, the basic constitutional rights against unlawful search, seizure, and intrusion of privacy?

Saying one's better than the other in the political ring is like saying horse@!#$ tastes better than bull@!#$. in the end, you're still eating @!#$.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:41 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ See perfect example ! When the Clinton admin proposed the same thing very few raised a stink. But now cause a Republican wants to do ( and is ) its the only thing focused on. The heck with good the economy is doing
right ? Only the Democrates can lay claim to haveing a booming economy. No I don't agree with the govt. pokeing its nose into my bizz and I wish it could be stopped. But untill the next election when its an issue are we gonna be able to anything about it. I know it sucks but let me ask you this, So what ? In the grand scheme of things so what
Yes maybe its wrong for big brother to listen in on your phone calls and to see where your going on line. But I hate to brake it to you but if your going on BAD web sites the govt. has been watching you for longer then just the past few months.

Big brother will ever go away he'll always be there to look over your shoulder to make sure your being a good little boy.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:19 AM on j-body.org
I will say it again. I am conservative, I would vote with the Republicans 90% of the time if I lived in the US (I don't). This is not about Bush, or Clinton, or any individual president. This is about borrowing your way to prosperity. It cannot work over the long term. It's simple math.

You are only looking at unemployment then saying you are looking at the nmumbers. You have to look at all the numbers.. What if the government just simply hired every unemployed person? What if they all got gov. jobs (rebuilding roads, whatever)? Full employment, that would be great right?!?!?

WRONG!! Wrong! wrong! Buying prosperity on credit will never work. Never has, never will.

You are saying the economy is the best it has been in 50 years because of low unemployment. I say it's not as rosey as you think because you now have the highest debt EVER.. Ever, ever, ever.. Never has the debt been so high, ever.

I am being realistic and NOT saying the economy is the worst it has ever been, you are however blowing smoke right on through the mirror when you say it's the best it has been in 50 years based on one or two numbers. Seriously, look at the whole picture, not just a piece of it. Take off the blinders, get rid of the tunnel vision. You cannot buy prosperity, especially on credit.

Short term gain for long term pain is the policy of the day. Why? Because GWB will not have to deal with it later, that's why. I wouyldn't care who was in power, this policy is flawed, and I'm dislike Clinton even more, so get over it.

PAX
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:22 AM on j-body.org
^^^which is when i choose to fart when he's right behind me.

I know that our government is pulling the woll over most poeples eyes....but i'm not sure what disgusts me more--the fact thet they do it, or the fact that we let them do it.

less than 600 people running the government

hundreds of millions of americans.

you do the math

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:25 AM on j-body.org
No if you would please read my post where I copied directly from the article word for word the first two paragraphs you would see I am not baseing that statement solely on the employement numbers but rather several things. And the statement isn't just mine its the same staement made by the Author of the article. Please go back one page and see my post with the copy of the article and then you will better understand what I'm referring to.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:29 AM on j-body.org
Did you know that if the US national debt where nicely stacked in $100 bills it would extend past the moon?

I don't care what anyone says, that is a serious problem. The money to pay the debt doesn't even exist. I'd call that a problem.

Some economists are all about the up numbers (Bulls) and some are all about getting ready for the future (Bears).

You can find at least as many Bear articles as you can Bulls, but neither has your best interest in mind. Remember that.

PAX
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:48 AM on j-body.org
Everyone is out to try and do whatever they can to further thier own little agenda or what they think is the feel good cause of the moment. I know things in the market could go horribly wrong tomorrow and the economy could take a nose dive. But that happen anytime at all and you agree that liveing like the sky is falling isn't any good so what would suggest we do ? Be terrified of what tomorrow brings ? Not me, I'm gonna enjoy today and try to plan for the future thats all anyone can do.

I do however think its kind of funny that no matter what good news comes out of this administration some people always look for the worst.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:40 PM on j-body.org
Jack: That's the problem. There is no planning for tomorrow. If one of the US's oil partners dropped off, you're done... Not just Canada, but Oman, Yemen, Jordan... etc...

The closest you have is the strategic oil reserve which is good to cover you for about 74 days...

Like I said before, this was tried under Reagan, and the Stock market crashed in 1987. It was kept up by GHW Bush, and you got a near 10 year long recession as a result. After Balanced budgets, and minor surpluses, you're back into huge defecit territory, worse, there's no plan yet to get you out of that territory and into the black. The Bush Administration is making sure you don't pay off the interest, much less get into the principle of what's owed.

The confidence of the world in the US$ is waning fast... The world oil prices are set in Euros now, Canada's dollar is almost even with the US dollar (ain't that loonie, eh? ), and the 2nd biggest employer (GM) is looking at cutting loose about 25% (last I checked) of it's work force after restructuring. The largest employer (Manpower IIRC) is mainly in the industry of providing temporary part-time help.

Mortgaging your future stability for temporary comfort is fine until the bill comes due. When that happens, watch for duck & cover maneuvers.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:06 PM on j-body.org
Yes and if the aliens land tomorrow we're all doomed. Look guys this has been a hoot
for me really it has but its getting alittle old now. First you bash Bush on one thing then when your shown to be incorrect you move on to another reason to dislike him and then another and yet another. I've presented you with the facts and invited you to read the whole article and see for yourself where they are getting the numbers from. Understandably so you don't want to as then you'll see that maybe hes not as bad as you first thought. GASP ! Perish the thought , I know but its true.

I've shown how and why Bush is a better president is then Clinton was but when presented with the facts as to why I'm told things like its no big deal Clinton sold out the country, Or how he sold presidencial pardons at the time of his leaving office. BTW when he left you all do realize that this country was in a resesion when he left right ?
And it was bushes tax cuts that turned the economy around right ? But Bush is still the anti-Christ and Clinton the golden boy. ( shakes head ) Its alright I understand. But what I find odd is how you say I'm the one wereing blinders ? Funny, perhapps ou should remove yours before you go telling me to remove mine.

Bush is not as bad as you all think he is. In fact if not for the war and the odds over it
that some are then he quite possibly would be the most popular president in recent history.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:14 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I do however think its kind of funny that no matter what good news comes out of this administration some people always look for the worst.

...and the same wasn't done under EVERY*OTHER*PRESIDENT*IN*HISTORY? Quit acting like people bashing the president started with Bush!

Quote:

You can find at least as many Bear articles as you can Bulls, but neither has your best interest in mind. Remember that.

Probably one of the most intelligent things said, and what i'm trying to convey. Regardless of a liberal or conservative media, or a liberal or conservative government, it helps to follow a rule that Carlin has:

Don't believe anything the government (or media) tells you.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:24 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ I know it didn't start with Bush but the fact that everyone seems to love Clinton to me is a joke thats all.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:41 PM on j-body.org
most likely because a sizeable chunk of the populace thinks he did a better job than Bush is doing (regardless of actual results--i'm not going to touch that with with a pole as big as Delta Burke). After all, I seem to remeber the same being said about bush's dad when clinton was in the office. and the next time a democrat is elected president, you can be sure that someone will compain about you and GTO about "how much you LOVED (insert name of trouserstian here), even though (insert other trousetrstain here) is doing so much of a better job than they did.

We are a fickle country, aren't we?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:53 PM on j-body.org
Like I said before.. But you can't seem to read.. Clinton was even worse.

Two wrong still fail to make a right though. Just because Clinton sucked (liar, murderous even?) does not make GWB's plan to borrow the country out of money problems any better. Heck, the previous president could be Lucifer himself, it wouldn't matter.. No matter how you slice it you cannot borrow your way out of debt. How hard is that to understand?

You refer to one article and call it proof.. What you call proof, I call propiganda. Show me 10 articles, some by Bulls and others by Bears, and maybe, just maybe, the truth can be extracted from the pile. Good luck with that.

No matter who is in power, you need to get ready for the coming down turn. If you have high debt, use as much of the "good times" money you have right now to pay it dowm./ When the hammer falls, those with the highest debt will be first to fall. People with 2nd and third mortgages right now, better get on it before they lose what little they own.

PAX
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:17 PM on j-body.org
I agree with that, thats for sure. All I'm saying is he ain't doing such a bad job for the most part. True things could be better but they could also be worse. All & all we aren't that bad off. Tomorrow could bring bad things but today is ok.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:43 PM on j-body.org
Might be an idea to feather yourself a pillow to soften the drop as well.

I've got one mortgage and that's it... I've locked in my rate at 7% for 15 years, and I oughtta be able to get the whole thing paid off in 12. That's, what... 1 more Bush Administration and the remainder of this one, right?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:26 PM on j-body.org
george bush doesnt care about black people!!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:39 AM on j-body.org
widecav03 wrote:george bush doesnt care about black people!!

remove black from that statement and your right

i used to like bush, i really did, i even voted for the guy twice, but then MR. patriot act came along and really knocked him down a few notches in my book, now I don't really hate him, but really can't wait for his term to end, mabey he'll leave and take his patriot act with him

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:56 AM on j-body.org
Gam, Mines locked in at 3.25%. We bought our home almost 10 years ago for $102,000.00 and now its apraiseing in the $320,000.00 range. Not a shabby return if you ask me.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:43 AM on j-body.org
Meh.. I only bought ~18 months ago. I have 0 down too...

Unfortunately, there's no interest only mortgages here yet. That, would be sweet because I'd own about 7-8 slums.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search