GEORGE BUSH - Page 9 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Well, the comparison to WWII is true. After th
Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:30 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:It's a good thing you're not disputing your dumbass status...

I stand corrected. I was thinking 2008-2006=2.
It was just wishful thinking that it was only 2 more years.

JimmyZ wrote:You should learn to count. Go back to Kindergarden, get some blocks with big colored numbers on them.

I know, I know... I deserve this...

JimmyZ wrote:So do you retract your previous statement?

Nope, I still don't dispute my "dumbass" status.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:36 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:You should learn to count. Go back to Kindergarden, get some blocks with big colored numbers on them.
I know, I know... I deserve this...
JimmyZ wrote:So do you retract your previous statement?
Nope, I still don't dispute my "dumbass" status.
Well damn, I didnd't mean all THAT...lol

Dumbass

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:55 AM on j-body.org
Joshua Huber wrote:Hey, just because GW keeps decreasing the amount of your wellfair check, doesn't mean he's a bad president...

No, he an idiot because he has driven what was the strongest economy on the planet like a 400 ton bus full of kids with full afterburners at Mach 2 straight for a cliff. Even if he does hit the brakes you'll be teetering on the verge of collapse. I'm not sure if it can be saved at this point.

I'm sorry to say but I think you guys are looking at big trouble in the not-too-distant future. Because we are the largest trading partner, it will hurt us too, just not quite as much.

All the lies and deception aside, he has spend in a way never before seen. The results will be hard to predict, but I think the decline in the housing market is an early warning.

Time to start buying gold.

PAX
Friday, January 06, 2006 5:24 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Joshua Huber wrote:Hey, just because GW keeps decreasing the amount of your wellfair check, doesn't mean he's a bad president...

Just curious, because I'm obviously not a big "Dubya" fan, could you name anything our current president has done to leave the country in better shape then when he took office without discussing "oil", "terrorists", "Iraq" or "WMDs"?

I don't understand why you think he hasn't been a bad president. Please enlighten me.

OK, Unemployment continues to drop, More people own thier homes now then ever before in history, The recession that came about just as he took office the first time was the shortest in history, Stock market is way up, New home sales have just started to level out after a steady climb of almost 5 straight years, Economy is growing even without all the dot com companies.

Those are just off the top of my head. BUT he has also given over more protected land for logging, given large tax brakes to big bizz, has a horrible policy toward natural resorces, the EPA has always been a steaming pile but its gotten worse during his admin, very slow responce to the hurricain, poor Fema managment.

Again those are just off the top of my head. Hes done alot of good things that shouldn't be forgotten and hes done alot of bad things that shouldn't be forgotten. As far as presidents go hes deffinently not the best we've had but hes not the worst either.
I think if anything he'll be remembered for it would be his responce to 9/11 and his shortcomeings in the war in Iraq. The arguement can be made both ways as to how good or bad he is, Myself personaly I think he started off great and has slid steadily down hill.

There you go. No mention of WMD's terrorists or Iraq in my comparison. I'm not a big fan anymore of Dubya as like I said hes been sliding down hill basicly since his re-election. I don't hate the man I just don't agree with some things hes done.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:20 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:

No, he an idiot because he has driven what was the strongest economy on the planet like a 400 ton bus full of kids with full afterburners at Mach 2 straight for a cliff. Even if he does hit the brakes you'll be teetering on the verge of collapse. I'm not sure if it can be saved at this point.

I'm sorry to say but I think you guys are looking at big trouble in the not-too-distant future. Because we are the largest trading partner, it will hurt us too, just not quite as much.

All the lies and deception aside, he has spend in a way never before seen. The results will be hard to predict, but I think the decline in the housing market is an early warning.

Time to start buying gold.

PAX

Jesus, you're just as bad as the other clown. You don't have a clue either do you? Have you actually sat down and looked at the economic numbers presented recently?
Friday, January 06, 2006 7:08 AM on j-body.org
Why yes I have, in a very criticle manner. If you just scratch the surface, it looks good. Dig a little deeper. Look into energy (the economic engine of all nations) and you'll see where the problems lie. The national debt was bad before he took office and he's increased it nearly 20%. Think about that. It took 200 years to make a 17 trillion dollar mess. In 6 years, GWB has increased that substantially. It isn't important as long as you have resource to back it up.. That's the problem, you have an energy problem and it's only getting bigger.

It's easy to be a sideline QB and I know that I could not do a better job in reality (we'd all like to think we could, but that's because we only see through our narrow scope), but I also know that different policies regarding defence spending, enrgy use and conservation and foreign relatioons had the potential to hold off the coming slide.

At this point I don't think it's possible. Just like the "dot bomb" the markets are over inflated right now and sooner or later the bubble will pop, again. It will start with housing, then begin to affect evrything. As energy cost rise so will insolventcy, and that will snowball. Welcome back to the late 80s, only this time it will be worse because of your trade and energy deficit.

I would suggest you look up a guy named Michael Rupert. You can think I'm an idiot all you want, but he is hard to ignore. OR you can put your rose coloured glasses back on and pretend that nothing bad is coming. It's up to you. Myself, I plan to survive.

PAX
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:57 AM on j-body.org
Maybe another person you ought not ignore as well is Alan Greenspan.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, January 06, 2006 9:31 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Maybe another person you ought not ignore as well is Alan Greenspan.

Um, Gam, I don't know how to break this to you but he retired a bit ago and has been replaced. Guess it takes news a little longer to make it to you way up there in the frozen north.

Friday, January 06, 2006 9:42 AM on j-body.org
Retired (what two months ago?) or not, his opinion counts. He has been in close contact with all factors for many, many years and he knows what he is talking about.

Ever concider that he retired so that he doesn't get the blame for what's coming?

Ignoring Greenspan at this point is silly, in a few years.. well, still silly. He handled the most important money job in the US for many years. When he left the position he did not have his mind wiped or his abilities removed.

Your logic would state that a retired photographer no longer knows what a camera is or how to process film. Gimme a break.

PAX
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:10 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Geez man breathe ! I never said to ignore the man I just said he was retired thats all .

And if you know whats gonna happen in a few years how about this years SuperBowl winner ? I'll split the winnings 50 / 50 with you, whatever I get.

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:18 AM on j-body.org
Jack: he was predicting another 87 Black Tuesday type event in 2002 given the Bush Admin's spending habits.

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:20 AM on j-body.org
Nothing is guarenteed but if current trends continue, there will be problems. Besides, the Superbowl 5 years from now is far too hard to predict. The looming energy shortage is a no-brainer.

It goes like this. Banks are doing anything they can to support the US bubble. They are lending to anyone, at very low rates. As energy costs rise, housing developement slows, as it slows, values drop. People with 2nd and 3rd mortgages are the first to go bankrupt because their property value will drop below their mortgage value. That starts a landslide of lower cost properties. That further errodes the values and energy cost continue to rise. Debt ratios that are already nuts, go ballistic and values drop further. As people default on loans, businesses start to suffer. Tax revenues begin to drop, so coporate and personal tax rates must increase to support the debt, that or, the dollar is further erroded. This could be a slow process or a fast one depending on what is done to try and stop it.

Warning signs...

Increasing costs of fossil fuels and electricity.
Real estate agents are currently selling their home in favour of rent (they know prices are about to fall)
Gold prices increase (nearly $200 last year!), the only solid investment there is.
FBI reports that drug cartels have switched to the Euro.
Petro-chemical companies are investing in gold and actually publishing numbers regarding "peek oil" (Shell and Sunoco have both released reports in the last 2 years).
Wars are being fought for resource (nothing new there, but the wars are longer and more costly)
Economic growth is modest despite very very low interest rates.
Economic giants like GM, GE, Westinghouse etc, are showing money trouble (unheard of for these companies).
etc etc etc...

Keep a close eye on energy. That is the foundation of every economy in the world, without energy nothing else works. Oil is literally the grease that keeps the economic machine running. The more costly it is (not going down, ever) the slower the economy runs. Slowdowns are reflected in production. As production decreases, jobless rates increase, leading to more debt. It could snowball, or it could trickle, but it's already happening, don't kid yourself.

Want to fair well? Get out of debt. (before the banks get hungry) and if you can, buy gold (real gold, not paper gold). Currency will be devaued further (rememeber, gold does not increase in value or substance, dollars become less valuable therefore buying less gold. remember that) If commodities of any kind go up in price that is a reflection of the dollar going down. the commodaty did not change, the only thing flexable is the dollar as it is a concept, not a real thing. real things don't change. If you can, plant a garden, and secure a good water source. Sounds extreme but it may be realistic. No, I do not advocate moving to the mountains and isolating yourself in a panic, but don't let this stuff take you by surprise, it could be really aweful. Make friends with your neighbours, you may need them (they may need you).

No amount of player trades or coaching can affect this, unlike the Superbowl.
You could however help by getting involved in conservation programmes etc. I'm not convinced it's too late to do anything productive, but if we continue to coast along thinking everything is OK, we'll be FUBAR'd.

PAX
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:56 PM on j-body.org
Gee aren't you a little ray of sunshine ? Oh look out the window the sky is falling !
HA HA I'm not saying sh-t could happen but why live your life afraid of whats around the corner ? Thats not liveing if you ask me its just existing. Sorry man not for me

Friday, January 06, 2006 1:19 PM on j-body.org
It's not a matter of being afraid, I'm not. I just won't be surprised, and I may have quite a bit more warning than others.

I don't think the sky is falling, nor will it, but I do think we are headed for hard times and I think if you are prepared (at least mentally) you will be better able to ride it out. Also, it never hurts to understand what's really going on instead of what appears to be going on.

No, nobody should live as if doom is around the corner, it's not worth it. Life really is a beautiful thing, and enjoying it is very important. Doesn't mean you should walk around with blinders on either though.

PAX
Friday, January 06, 2006 1:39 PM on j-body.org
But blinders are so much fun ! (sarcasm) I know what you mean man. Good times can't last forever, sooner or later it will end.

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:08 PM on j-body.org
Being prepared for bad times isn't a strong suit of the President's. Look up Arbusto Oil

Monday, January 09, 2006 10:13 AM on j-body.org
Direct from page # 28 of the U.S.News & World Report dated January 6th 2006.

THe American economy continues to surge ahead, though you won't read much about it in the maunstream liberal media. Economic growth in the third quarter was 4.1 percent- despite Hurricain Katrina! - 10th consecutive quarter with growth over 3 percent. Unemployment is 5.0 percent- lower then then the avarage for the 1970's, 1980's, or 1990's. Since April 2003 the economy has created a net 5.1 million new jobs. Core inflationis only 2.1 percent, and gas prices, which surged above $3 a gallon after Katrina, are down around $2. Productivity growth for the five-year period 2000-2005 is
3.4 percent, the highest of any five-year period in 50 years.
This is remarkable performance and owes something to Bush tax cuts and Alan Greenspan's stewardship at the federal reserve. But it also tells us something broader about the American economy. Mainstream media coverage about the economy tends to be full of bad news, especialy during Republican administrations, and to focus on economic problems. But over the longer term the story of the American economy is one of success. A quarter century ago many economic commentators said that the era of low-inflation, high job creation economic growth was over. In the ensuing 25 years it has come to be the norm.

This is only the first 2 paragraphs you can find the rest in the magizine. But it would seem to PROOVE all the Bush haters WRONG ! The economy is doing better now then in the past 50 years ! So if not for the Iraq war it would seem the inept Bush to be the best leader we've had in the same amount of time. If you wish to disagree fine, but please disagree with U.S.News & World Report. Who in the past have been HIGHLY
critical of the war, but would seem love Bushes economic accomplishments. Now hate the man all you like but it would seem you can't hate the results provided under his administration. It would seem by the articles numbers that the current economy is BETTER then we had during Clintons admin. someone you all love so dearly. So I ask you........If you loved / liked Clinton and how well the American economy did during his presidency and use it as a measure of his accomplishments then how can you bad mouth the Bush ecconomy ? Awaiting your answers.

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:57 AM on j-body.org
i cant believe this post went to 9 pages lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:17 PM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Cool huh?

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:15 PM on j-body.org
Jack: did you happen to read the break-down of the job creation?

Excluding the seasonal farming jobs, over 50% of the jobs created in any quarter since Bush has taken power were in low-paying service industry jobs (even though for some reason McDonald's jobs are considered by Bush as "Assembly-line" jobs). Usually only about 4-5% of the jobs created (at best) are salaried jobs.

Also, the stat that is more useful is the job contraction rate (ie, jobs that are vacated and exported or the work load is moved onto other employees).

BTW... That budget thing is still biting you in the butt... I'd get that monkey off your back before the US's credit rating goes to the "Stay the @!#$ away, Plague bearing" rates that happened with Regan and GHW Bush.

Monday, January 09, 2006 2:02 PM on j-body.org
I don't know Gam exactly where all the jobs come from but I don't think Mickey D's are poping up at a rate that can explain the level of growth. I think when it comes to the ecconomy and creating jobs you MAAAAAAAYY just have to admit that Bush isn't doing such a bad job. I know, I know perish the thought ! But you can't ignore those types of numbers. Highest amount of growth over a 5 year period in the last 50 years ! Dem or Rep those are good numbers. As well as the unemployment numbers so low, Out of curiousity whats unemployment in Canada running at right now ? How about economic growth ? Houseing numbers would be another one I'd like to hear about from you as well.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:19 PM on j-body.org
Unemployment & Job creation (as well as contraction):
http://www.statcan.ca/english/Subjects/Labour/LFS/lfs-en.htm
Unemployment rate in Canada was 6.5%, which is about an 8 year low IIRC.. Might be wrong though

New housing:
http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/News/nere/2005/2005-12-08-0815.cfm
New housing starts are about the same as 04.

GDP (2004 estimates)
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2001rank.html
The projected growth of Canada's GDP is about 4-5%, but we'll see in March what the actual number turns out to be.

Another little tidbit:
http://www.2ontario.com/welcome/coca_303.asp
This projects the US economy's growth to slow in 05/06... while Canada still modestly climbs.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:19 PM on j-body.org
So we have a lower unemployment rate better houseing numbers and an economy that has steadily grown for longer then yours has............And you guys hate Bush because ?
What the war ? Don't forget the war is NOT his entire presidency. I think history will look at Dubya a little more favorably then you'd like to believe.

Oh look, here comes that tail we keep chaseing Gam ! lol ! I believe I've made my point. I'll check back juuuuust in case you find something horrible as to our current economy. Wouldn't want you to think me a sore winner.

Canada is pretty tho even if it is in worse shape then the U.S. ecomomicly.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:20 PM on j-body.org
Canada isn't in bad shape, but the US hasn't been doing as well as it ought to have been...

Remember how it took over 2 years to get back to square 1 after 9/11/01? The problem is that good paying skilled technical jobs are being sent overseas (ever tried to get a billing or Tech support agent that didn't sound like they were from Bangalore, India?), and companies are getting rewarded with tax breaks for taking away jobs... I've looked for the adjusted information, but it's harder to find now.

Anyhow, if you want to see that all these grand ideas that "everything is okay" are particularly fetid:
http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp 3% month-over month inflation, couple that with the declining dollar, couple that with rising interest rates, and you get another setup for the same situation as came around in 1987. FCOL GOLD is trading at over $500 an ounce!

Anyhow... The war in Iraq will be the epitaph of the Bush administration, just like Vietnam over-rode LBJ's administration and Nixon's (well, that and Watergate). What financial goodies did you remember about their presidencies?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:33 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Canada isn't in bad shape, but the US hasn't been doing as well as it ought to have been...

Remember how it took over 2 years to get back to square 1 after 9/11/01? The problem is that good paying skilled technical jobs are being sent overseas (ever tried to get a billing or Tech support agent that didn't sound like they were from Bangalore, India?), and companies are getting rewarded with tax breaks for taking away jobs... I've looked for the adjusted information, but it's harder to find now.

Anyhow, if you want to see that all these grand ideas that "everything is okay" are particularly fetid:
http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp 3% month-over month inflation, couple that with the declining dollar, couple that with rising interest rates, and you get another setup for the same situation as came around in 1987. FCOL GOLD is trading at over $500 an ounce!

Anyhow... The war in Iraq will be the epitaph of the Bush administration, just like Vietnam over-rode LBJ's administration and Nixon's (well, that and Watergate). What financial goodies did you remember about their presidencies?

As compared to what? The dot com boom of the 90's? We went through 9/11 and two major wars and the economy here is STILL booming. That is a FACT. And your opinion is that Bush's legacy will be lousy as vietman was to Johnson.....I think it will be like Reagan and how he helped bring down Communism in the USSR. Only time will tell.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search