Tookie Execution, 12:01am PST Tuesday - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tookie Execution, 12:01am PST Tuesday
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:43 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

the crips when they started out is not the same as today. difforant group of people difforant ethics, its a bad comparison.

What year was the crips started? And what was the year of Tookies murders? Their leader killed 4 people in cold blood, how can any different today than then?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:53 PM on j-body.org
For those of you that want to debate Tookie's redemption or value to society, let's not forget those he killed. The first guy was the clerk of the 7-11 he decided to rob. He made him lay face down on the floor, then shot him twice in the back with a shotgun. After that was an elderly Chinese couple and their middle-aged daughter when he robbed the hotel they owned. Where are the marchers for them? When do THEY get to appeal? When will Jesse Jackson speak for them?

FAIR WARNING: --ogrish.com link-- These pictures are not for the weak of constitution. THIS is the results of having people the likes of Tookie Williams on the street.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:59 PM on j-body.org
Prison is supposed to be a deterrent to commiting a crime. Taking someone's freedom is a punishment, it's not intended to make you a better person. Different crimes have different lengths of sentences, based on how much punishment the crime deserves. If you want to call that vengence, so be it.

The death penalty is given when removing someone's freedom isn't punitive enough, as in killing 4 innocent people during a robbery. It is to serve as an example to others of what happens when you commit murder.

Because our government waits so long to carry out the sentence, it has become irrelevant.

And to anyone who says that the military commits murders just like Tookie, I disagree. We may never know all the reasons Bush sent troops to Iraq, but it wasn't to rob their 7-11's like Tookie.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:17 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

For those of you that want to debate Tookie's redemption or value to society, let's not forget those he killed. The first guy was the clerk of the 7-11 he decided to rob. He made him lay face down on the floor, then shot him twice in the back with a shotgun. After that was an elderly Chinese couple and their middle-aged daughter when he robbed the hotel they owned. Where are the marchers for them? When do THEY get to appeal? When will Jesse Jackson speak for them?

Well said.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:23 PM on j-body.org

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:28 PM on j-body.org
The guy in the 7- 11 was a soldier. if it hard enough to survive war, you finally get home and then you get shot here. Now i dont know if he went to any war but its just F-d up that somethin like that would happen.

Jesses JAckson is a jerk and as the pic i posted above states, a hypocrite. he preaches his BS and then behind closed doors does whatever he feels. He only helps people who are being put down by the 'Man", like that woman who camped Bush's home because her son died in Iraq. Anything that will make him seem like he is doing something good he will show up for, because most people are too stupid to realize hes a fake

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:47 PM on j-body.org
I had to save that picture^^

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:55 AM on j-body.org
Shifty: I find it comical that you say that Jesse Jackson is a hypocrite, yet you say on the other hand that victims' families want retribution.

http://deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=573&scid=62

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:46 AM on j-body.org
Well first off im not the only one that says that Jesse Jackson is a hypocrite. Hey i dont know if the families want retribtuion by having this guy die, but sometimes they do. I dont really get what your saying b your statement because Jesse Jackson was on the side to fight to keep this trash alive. You cant listen to Jackson, he is not credible.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:18 AM on j-body.org
Well that is your opinion. I think he's like most people in the public eye, right on the money about 25% of the time, and the rest, utter horse@!#$.

And the thing is that the death penalty doesn't deter crime, it usually isn't wanted by the families of the decedant, and it costs a whole lot more than just warehousing them for the rest of the person's natural life.

Consider: Death senteces are usually at least reviewed if not automatically appealed, in most jurisdicitons there are a total of 5-6 appeals possible. Figure that each one costs $500-750,000 per circuit. Total before execution is roughly 3 million dollars (there's an average cost breakdown on the Death Penalty Info Center link... ) not including imprisonment costs. Housing the prisoner in a maximum security facility from the day they are found guilty and remanded to their death (figure 30-35 years) is about $50,000 per year (or about 1.75 million).

Also, most life cases don't go beyond state supreme courts because there isn't a jeopardy attached to the case.

I can see how some people would want it... I can't say, given the right set of emotional launch codes, I wouldn't either... but what is accomplished? You kill someone and we'll kill you back? What does that say about how sick and hypocritical society is?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:23 AM on j-body.org
anybody would turn into a good person after realizing your gonna die
everyone turns to religion when in jail (i'm a new person, blah blah)

if anybody read the whole cnn bit, it says he never helped police with finding or identifying gang members or the like, he never apologized for anything.

i agree w/ GAM on putting them to work, do something else than take our $$ and live in a cell

jason rubito, you should work in a prison/jail atmosphere, or in a court system, my brother does, and he has some interesting stories he tells me about inmates and how they've changed....

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:24 AM on j-body.org
Wait !! Just looked at the clock and his time is past !! did he go yet ?

Sorry I've been kinda busy last couple days so if he did don't flame cause I've been out of the loop and this thread has really taken off !!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:29 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Today is Wednesday. Welcome to yesterday morning. And yes, they gave him the needle.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:04 PM on j-body.org
Thanks Jimmy.

So, Who misses Tookie?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:57 PM on j-body.org
T2 wrote:

jason rubito, you should work in a prison/jail atmosphere, or in a court system, my brother does, and he has some interesting stories he tells me about inmates and how they've changed....
you want the truth ? i work in the biggest hospital on maine, we recieve inmates on a daily basis and since i was a transportation aide i would transport the inmates back in forth to there destinations at times i would spent 30 mins with an inmate waiting for this or waiting for that. believe me i have talked to a few sick individuals. hell i have also talked to people that plead not guilty due to temp insanity. and i have heard there stories on how to get away from jail time. also one of my best friends works at the state correctional facility i hear the stories. all in all with my experience i still feel the same way i do. noone is gonna steer me from my view on this subject.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:05 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Thanks Jimmy.

So, Who misses Tookie?
i cant really miss the guy , its not like i knew him. however i am gonna miss his actions that he could of presented us with and the halting of gang violence.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:53 PM on j-body.org
Yes because as a founder of one of the worst ones in the country he has first hand knowledge.

Sorry man but thats like inviting Hanible Lector to wright a cook book. His recipes may be great but do you really want to be a cannible?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:54 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Yes because as a founder of one of the worst ones in the country he has first hand knowledge.

Sorry man but thats like inviting Hanible Lector to wright a cook book. His recipes may be great but do you really want to be a cannible?
how is that a reputable comparison ? hannibal "the cannibal" lecter kills and eats people for the shear enjoyment of it. last i knew tookie didnt eat anyone or maybe it wasnt on the court document that day ? how is he not a good canidate to stop the gangs ? considering he formed one of the biggest ones in the nation i assume that justifys him to try to stop it seeing as how he knew how they operated.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:16 AM on j-body.org
jason rubito(beatz) wrote:
Jackalope wrote:Thanks Jimmy.

So, Who misses Tookie?
i cant really miss the guy , its not like i knew him. however i am gonna miss his actions that he could of presented us with and the halting of gang violence.

Yea, he COULD HAVE, he had 20 years to do it...he never did. He was a POS that deserved to die. He had ZERO remorse for the killings HE personally did, he had ZERO remorse for the deaths that he CONTRIBUTED TO by forming his pathetic gang and he never told the Police how to infiltrate it and help break it up. He was nothing but a thug and dirbag and it seems now that his son is following in his fathers footsteps.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:16 AM on j-body.org
Jason, so the blood of all the innocent people killed by the gang he started isn't reason enough? Come on if he hadn't started them then who knows how many people would still be alive right now. Not to mention the members who joined who if they hadn't probly would have never killed anyone but from the presure of the gang did. Nope all the lives he destroyed even after he was in prison just because of his gang continueing thier activities all falls on him.

He got EXACTLY what he deserved.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:36 AM on j-body.org
^^^ As opposed to all the innocent's blood shed by the US Military, Government and Courts?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:29 AM on j-body.org
Yup. cause lets see 1st if the military kills them then maybe they shouldn't have been where they were and doing what they were. So they weren't innocent.

And who does the govt.'s killing Gam? The military. Please referr to answer #1

And the courts ? Inocent till PROVEN guilty. He was PROVEN to be a murderer.

I don't get it, What the problem is?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:31 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Yup. cause lets see 1st if the military kills them then maybe they shouldn't have been where they were and doing what they were. So they weren't innocent.

I'm sure those words reassure hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese.

And, there are at least 3 agencies that can do wet work for the gov't. They go by 3-4 letter designations, and usually don't just take out the one person they were looking.

And, the courts condemned him to die... I don't agree with that.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:39 AM on j-body.org
Look at it this way GAM he can't kill anymore people. Some monsters deserve to die like Dahmer, Ted Bundy and ones like them. IMO if you can't show any remorse for what you did your a waste of life.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:43 AM on j-body.org
Did Tookie show remorse? I don't know. I'd think that if he started an anti-gang mission, there was a impotice (epiphany?) somewhere along the line moitvated by remorse.

I don't disagree with the original sentence spike, but I don't think anyone has the right or ability to determine when anyone else dies. Doesn't matter if its the courts or the person that murdered. Life imprisonment is punishment enough I think.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search