The ASVAB test - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The ASVAB test
Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:09 PM on j-body.org
^^ ya but when u have never been around a car shop or anything like that you dont know anything bro. I dont work on my car like a lot of people do I leave all that to the professionals and my dad is and never was the auto mechanic kind of guy so I have no knowledge of any motor and electric stuff. I'm not making excuses cuzz I should have got a study guide and prepared more.

2nd place is the 1st loser

Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:19 PM on j-body.org
I got a 96 on my asvab and I dropped out half way through my sophmore year of high school. I think the test is biased towards logical thinkers and not so much towards artistic thinkers that are good in english and stuff like that. Review logical thinking like math and science and you'll do good on them. Go to howstuffworks.com and see how a log of mechanical things work and that should help as well.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:20 PM on j-body.org
Trevor D. wrote:^^ ya but when u have never been around a car shop or anything like that you dont know anything bro. I dont work on my car like a lot of people do I leave all that to the professionals and my dad is and never was the auto mechanic kind of guy so I have no knowledge of any motor and electric stuff. I'm not making excuses cuzz I should have got a study guide and prepared more.
You've been talking about this test for quite a while now and you still don't have a study guide. This is your future your talking about. You've taken this test more than once. How do you expect to increase your score if you don't study?
Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:27 PM on j-body.org
maybe it's cause i'm canadian... or maybe it's cause i'm liberal... or maybe just cos i'm lazy.. but what's the motivation behind joining the army. especially the infantry, ESPECIALLY during war time ?

Lui
Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:40 PM on j-body.org
^^ I am not going the army. I hope to be able to join the Navy. I am not planning on going into the infantry I would like to go into computers or either law enforcement and in which I understand is almost like infantry from some people. And war time I am not joining or signing anything just yet

Labotomi wrote:
Trevor D. wrote:^^ ya but when u have never been around a car shop or anything like that you dont know anything bro. I dont work on my car like a lot of people do I leave all that to the professionals and my dad is and never was the auto mechanic kind of guy so I have no knowledge of any motor and electric stuff. I'm not making excuses cuzz I should have got a study guide and prepared more.
You've been talking about this test for quite a while now and you still don't have a study guide. This is your future your talking about. You've taken this test more than once. How do you expect to increase your score if you don't study?

thats very true. The first time I took it because I wanted to get out of class lol The second time I took it I kinda sorta got put into it by the recruiter and this past time I took it due to i wanted to bring my score up in which I did. One thing is due to I understand my math a lot better this year. I knew I was prolly going to stay home the following year after I graduate which I guess was a factor in not studying seeing that I don't plan on going in right away it could be up to 2 years or so possible I really don't know.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:50 AM on j-body.org
I took it back in 1978 so it may have been changed since then. Anyway, get a full nights sleep before taking the test and don't get drunk or stoned a couple of days before the test. I would just keep on taking the test until you pass because I don't think there is any limit to how many times you can take. The recruiter should be bending over kissing your ass trying to help you out. Anyway, I would at least consider the US Coast Guard if you're thinking about the Navy and get a guaranteed school right out of boot camp. Don't take maybe or no for an answer. Believe me, you don't want to be a non-rate on board ship (ask me how I know this).

God bless America.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:17 PM on j-body.org
Trevor D. wrote:^^ I am not going the army. I hope to be able to join the Navy. I am not planning on going into the infantry I would like to go into computers or either law enforcement and in which I understand is almost like infantry from some people. And war time I am not joining or signing anything just yet

Labotomi wrote:

thats very true. The first time I took it because I wanted to get out of class lol The second time I took it I kinda sorta got put into it by the recruiter and this past time I took it due to i wanted to bring my score up in which I did. One thing is due to I understand my math a lot better this year. I knew I was prolly going to stay home the following year after I graduate which I guess was a factor in not studying seeing that I don't plan on going in right away it could be up to 2 years or so possible I really don't know.

@!#$ you dude, you should stop pretending to study and go @!#$ yourself. I have stayed out of this and not made fun of you for being a complete @!#$ moron because you seemed to want to enlist, but after that @!#$ you might as well stay home. you are going to be the first mother @!#$ er to go crying to someone if you are ever called to perform what you would sign the contract for. crying about "this isn't what i signed up for."

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED

Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:14 PM on j-body.org
^^ spoken by a true man that has been to Iraq for his country AND joined the army.

dan

Travel with me through my deep thoughts y'all can't learn dubduce18s by the stuff y'all be
readin in The ORG; It's deeper of course ... Lord help me, all I ever wanted to be was
wealthy or somebody to tell me that they felt me.
Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:03 PM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:
Trevor D. wrote:
@!#$ you dude, you should stop pretending to study and go @!#$ yourself. I have stayed out of this and not made fun of you for being a complete @!#$ moron because you seemed to want to enlist, but after that @!#$ you might as well stay home. you are going to be the first mother @!#$ er to go crying to someone if you are ever called to perform what you would sign the contract for. crying about "this isn't what i signed up for."

That's not even close to what he said. I understood him to say he was looking into law enforcement which he'd been told is like sometimes like infantry which he wouldn't want to be during wartime. Can't say I blame him. I wouldn't join to be infantry anytime. There's other ways to help your country.

It's a volunteer military, so he has the option of when to join. If he wants to wait till after the war then it's his perogative to do just that. Military personnel during peacetime are still serving their country.
Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:21 PM on j-body.org
yeah well if he wants to be in law enforcment then there are local police, if he wants to get into computers there is college; what i see here is somebody that dicked around and wasted his first education and now wants me to pay for his college.

not many people join specifically to go into any combat environment, but if you don't want to deploy you can probably count the military out for quite some time.

and it has been almost 3 months since the last time he said he needed a study manual and still has not got one, why? does telling the local girls where he lives that he is gonna be a Sailor get him more ass? if so drive on brother, just quit whining aboot how you can't figure out how to insert tab A into slot B or figure out what righty tighty, lefty loosey means.

Friday, December 09, 2005 2:58 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

and it has been almost 3 months since the last time he said he needed a study manual and still has not got one, why? does telling the local girls where he lives that he is gonna be a Sailor get him more ass? if so drive on brother, just quit whining aboot how you can't figure out how to insert tab A into slot B or figure out what righty tighty, lefty loosey means.

lmao ...

dan

Travel with me through my deep thoughts y'all can't learn dubduce18s by the stuff y'all be
readin in The ORG; It's deeper of course ... Lord help me, all I ever wanted to be was

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:49 PM on j-body.org
o ya telling the local girls here in this big ass town gets me tons of ass lol and about getting a study guide I'm just lazy i wont lie I'm just lazy and i know your going to say well you cant be lazy in the military and all that good stuff so you can save your effort on typing that. And if you want to pay for my college bro you are more then welcome to but I just cant pull thousands of $$ out of my ass maybe you can but I sure as hell can not. And seeing that I'm still in hihigh schoolnd I'm not 18 its not like I can sign anyways. I don't know if you were trying to get me mad or something to that effect but I'm not lol its good to hear what other people say and there is no reason to get all worked up about what other people say. So anyways since you seem so full of knowledge tell me what you think and what you know.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:53 PM on j-body.org
damn I can't spell lol

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:56 PM on j-body.org
Well out of my entire senior class that took it me and 3 other people aced that test...and damn did the millitary call my ass off. I dont know wbout all of yall when yall were in high school but we had to take it reguardless of if u were going in the millitary or not. Needless to say i was uninterested but if i had a dollar for every time that they called me i wouldnt be in college right now.

Later
David

I need photoshop...cause its time for a new sig
Monday, December 12, 2005 4:59 PM on j-body.org
I'll admit, I definatly thought about joining the Army, why ... I dont know. Probably so I could bulk up and get some hands on experience on alot of different things. Am I glad I didnt join, yes. But that is only because Im about 90% happy with how my life is turning out at the moment. If I wouldnt be living the life I had now, id definatly join.

dan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search