What the Blog? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What the Blog?
Friday, December 09, 2005 1:54 PM on j-body.org
Ok so today has been rather slow and I was checking MSN for a few news headlines like the one about the plane that slid into a nearby freeway and about the Air Marshals shooting.

Along with another story about a kid in Kansas who was suspended from school for speaking spanish.

Anyway some how I end up in a section called my space which is full of Blogs from other people. As I read I couldnt help but think..."My god this Boring...are people that destitute for attention,companionship,communication etc"

It's like reading someone's diary or better yet..someones thoughts. Some time I really dont care what youre thinking at the time..but to read several dozen entries.???

Now dong get me wrong..for those who write them for thier own self intersts..that great thats what they are for (IMO) but when did this become the fad? Who made this cool to feature online? and who actually reads these? besides me today?
Do you see high school girls coming to class and just passing around thier Diaries?

So that was my rant..open to debate or open to ignored, or to be blogged

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Re: What the Blog?
Friday, December 09, 2005 2:17 PM on j-body.org
Thats exactly what it is.... reading some ones thoughts.

Thats why people buy those self-narrative books.

Thats why people love American Psycho.

Personally, I agree with you, and also believe Blogs are for gay hippy losers. They believe their lives to be interesting.... really... but they aren't.

'I went to the mall today... why are there so many ppl here'
'my cat snuffles died... is there really a god?'
'I have cancer'

Its where everyone can pretend to be a philosopher or give their oh-so-insightful social commentary without being laughed at... to their face at least.

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Friday, December 09, 2005 2:33 PM on j-body.org
I have to agree. Blogs are a fad. There are more writers than readers in blogland, and blogging companies will soon be crushed under their own hype.

Mark my word.

---

Friday, December 09, 2005 3:04 PM on j-body.org
Welcome to last year....

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:31 AM on j-body.org
for someone who writes as stress relief, blogging is a wonderful tool. i've been using Livejournal.com for about 4 years now, and being able to simply type what's on my mind has helped me get through a few really bad spots of my life.

however, i use the "private" feature quite often, so no one can read my journal. i never liked the idea of handwriting, and saving a journal on the computer is risky - if i use the online journal, it's because i want the text preserved. i can access it from anywhere, and easily update it for my own benefit.

it's also a handy networking tool. there are various communities one can join - in my own list, i have a few Maryland/Baltimore communities, a Hedgehog community, a women's health community, and a birth control community listed under my profile. i read these communities regularly so i can learn or help others - particularly in the women's health and birth control communities, where so many members have been horribly misinformed.

it CAN be a tool...but the idiot kids on myspace took it too far. i miss the days before the server problems, when famous people had a mere few hundred listed as friends. the idiotic kids were still using Friendster, and myspace had a lot less bandwith pollution.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:11 AM on j-body.org
Nothing wrong with keeping a journal as was already said but I too wonder who actually reads this stuff. That being said I have come acress a few random links to some peoples blogs that had really funny stories but I can't imagine how many blogs you have to read before you find a good one. They were actually talking about blogs on the radio the other day I guess there are some kids out there that write down all they do in their blogs then their parents find it mostly by accident, and find out little johnny was out smoking weed last week.

Jabbles
Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:49 PM on j-body.org
see...i'm with y'all on that. who cares who reads it? if you don't want something to be read by a parent, etc, be smart about it - you can make any of those blog posts public, private, or friends only. those kids are attentionwhores, and want nothing more than their "ZOMGEMO" posts to be read by anyone and everyone.

then, when it backfires, they complain. it makes no sense. teenagers should be banned from the internets until they get t3h smarts and stop being idiots.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:30 AM on j-body.org
Don't get into the political Blog sphere...

way too many people spewing forth crap that is so utterly one-sided (and proven with sources from that side.. the sources' sources are usually fresh from a cattle farm) it's barely worth noting.

It's one of the reasons I don't watch network news or read editorials... I don't need some gummo telling me how to think.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:15 AM on j-body.org
Wanna hear something funny.. I cant get into Blogs..but I loved the show " The Wonder Years"

Wasnt that show basically a Blog with commercials??

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:01 AM on j-body.org
LOL... I think of it more of rose coloured glasses on a really odd time in history.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search