better as an ORIGINALITY ARTIST, - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
better as an ORIGINALITY ARTIST,
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:54 PM on j-body.org
EMINEM OR 50

me and a few guys debated about this today... most people said em for sure

some people say 50
who do you think??
oh ya.....
if your answer has nothing to do with this post then dont post it

Re: better as an ORIGINALITY ARTIST,
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:58 PM on j-body.org
well, i don't listen to 50 cent, cause pretty much most black rappers sound the exact same (imo), but i do listen to eminem because he has a different sound to him, so as you can guess my vote goes to eminem.

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:00 AM on j-body.org
Eminem, hands down. He actually raps about his life, and his struggles. Hes innovative, and has positively changed rap music forever. Not to mention he is like the first super successful white rapper.

50 just raps about the same crap Snoop and Dre rapped about back in the day, and that all the other "rappers" rap about these days. Popping caps, bangin hoes and drinking liquor.

Which song sounds more original/creative

Quote:

(Chorus)
I don't know what you heard about me
But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me
No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see
That I'm a mother@!#$ P-I-M-P
(Repeat)

(Verse 1)
Now shorty, she in the club, she dancing for dollars
She got a thing for that Gucci, that Fendi, that Prada
That BCBG, Burberry, Dolce and Gabana
She feed them foolish fantasies, they pay her cause they wanna
I spit a little G man, and my game got her
A hour later, have that ass up in the Ramada
Them trick niggas in her ear saying they think about her
I got the bitch by the bar trying to get a drink up out her
She like my style, she like my smile, she like the way I talk
She from the country, think she like me cause I'm from New York
I ain't that nigga trying to holla cause I want some head
I'm that nigga trying to holla cause I want some bread
I could care less how she perform when she in the bed
Bitch hit that track, catch a date, and come and pay the kid
Look baby this is simple, you can't see
You @!#$ with me, you @!#$ with a P-I-M-P

(Chorus)

(Verse 2)
I'm bout my money you see, girl you can holla at me
If you @!#$ with me, I'm a P-I-M-P
Not what you see on TV, no Cadillac, no greasy
Head full of hair, bitch I'm a P-I-M-P
Come get money with me, if you curious to see
how it feels to be with a P-I-M-P
Roll in the Benz with me, you could watch TV
From the backseat of my V, I'm a P-I-M-P
Girl we could pop some champagne and we could have a ball
We could toast to the good life, girl we could have it all
We could really splurge girl, and tear up the mall
If ever you needed someone, I'm the one you should call
I'll be there to pick you up, if ever you should fall
If you got problems, I can solve'em, they big or they small
That other nigga you be with ain't bout @!#$
I'm your friend, your father, and confidant, BITCH

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
I told you fools before, I stay with the tools
I keep a Benz, some rims, and some jewels
I holla at a hoe til I got a bitch confused
She got on Payless, me I got on gator shoes
I'm shopping for chinchillas, in the summer they cheaper
Man this hoe you can have her, when I'm done I ain't gon keep her
Man, bitches come and go, every nigga pimpin know
You saying it's secret, but you ain't gotta keep it on the low
Bitch choose with me, I'll have you stripping in the street
Put my other hoes down, you get your ass beat
Now Nik my bottom bitch, she always come up with my bread
The last nigga she was with put stitches in her head
Get your hoe out of pocket, I'll put a charge on a bitch
Cause I need 4 TVs and AMGs for the six
Hoe make a pimp rich, I ain't paying bitch
Catch a date, suck a dick, shiiit, TRICK

(Chorus)

Yeah, in Hollywoood they say there's no b'ness like show b'ness
In the hood they say, there's no b'ness like hoe b'ness ya know
They say I talk a lil fast, but if you listen a lil faster
I ain't got to slow down for you to catch up, BITCH

OR

Quote:

Verse 1

Have you ever been hated or discriminated against? I have, I've been protested and demonstrated against.
Picket signs for my wicked rhymes. Look at the times. Sick is the mind of the motha @!#$in' kid that's behind
all this commotion. Emotions run deep as ocean's explodin.' Tempers flaring from parents, just blow 'em off and keep goin.'
Not takin' nothin' from no one, give 'em hell long as I'm breathin.' Keep kickin' ass in the mornin,' an' takin' names in the evening.
Leavem with a taste as sour as vinegar in they mouth. See, they can trigger me but they never figure me out.
Look at me now, I bet ya probably sick of me now. Ain't you mama, I'ma make you look so ridiculous now.

I'm sorry, Mama. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you cry, but tonight I'm cleanin' out my closet.

Verse 2

I got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it. So before they thrown me inside my coffin and close it,
I'ma expose it. I'll take you back to 73 before I ever had a multi-platinum sellin' CD.
I was a baby, maybe I was just a couple of months. My faggot father must have had his panties up in a bunch,
cuz he split. I wonder if he even kissed me goodbye. No, I don't on second thought, I just @!#$in' wished he would die.
I look at Hailie and I couldn't picture leavin' her side. Even if I hated Kim, I grit my teeth and I'd try
to make it work with her at least for Hailie's sake. I maybe made some mistakes but I'm only human. But I'm man enough to face them today.
What I did was stupid, no doubt it was dumb, but the smartest @!#$ I did was take them bullets out of that gun.
Cuz id'a killed 'em, @!#$ I would have shot Kim an' him both. It's my life, I'd like to welcome y'all to The Eminem Show.

Verse 3

Now I would never dis my own mama just to get recognition. Take a second to listen for you think this record is dissin,'
But put yourself in my position. Just try to envision witnessin' your Mama poppin' prescription pills in the kitchen,
bitchin' that someone's always goin' throuh her purse and @!#$s missin.' Going through public housing systems, victim of Munchausen's syndrome. My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn't 'til I grew up, now I blew up. It makes you sick to ya stomach,
doesn't it? Wasn't it the reason you made that CD for me, Ma? So you could try to justify the way you treated me, Ma?
But guess what, yer gettin' older now and it's cold when your lonely. An' Nathan's getting' up so quick, he's gonna know that your phoney.
And Hailie's getting' so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful. But you'll never see her, she won't even be at your funeral.
See what hurts me the most is you won't admit you was wrong. Bitch, do ya song. Keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom.
But how dare you try to take what you didn't help me to get. You selfish bitch, I hope you @!#$in' burn in hell for this @!#$.
Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me? Well, guess what, I am dead. Dead to you as can be.

case closed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Friday, December 16, 2005 4:58 AM on j-body.org
So the Beastie Boys aren't white? They rap, they're quite successful and they released their first album nearly 20 years ahead of Eminem. Therefore, Eminem is not the first successful white rapper.

I don't generally like rap/hip hop, electro, trance etc etc etc.. But I do like Buck65 for some reason. At least I like his track "Wicked and Wierd".

PAX
Friday, December 16, 2005 7:40 AM on j-body.org
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:Eminem, hands down. He actually raps about his life, and his struggles. Hes innovative, and has positively changed rap music forever. Not to mention he is like the first super successful white rapper.

50 just raps about the same crap Snoop and Dre rapped about back in the day, and that all the other "rappers" rap about these days. Popping caps, bangin hoes and drinking liquor.

You can't just compare two songs that you selected and choose one over the other based on that. That's like saying the Red Sox is the more successful franchise because they beat the Yankees in the World Series last year.

Also, 50 is in the beginning of his career while Eminem is near the end. Em didn't rap about anything innovative in his earlier albums either. His first two albums consisted of him killing people, how psycho he is, and how great he is, pretty much the same theme as everyone else.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Friday, December 16, 2005 8:35 AM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:Eminem, hands down. He actually raps about his life, and his struggles. Hes innovative, and has positively changed rap music forever. Not to mention he is like the first super successful white rapper.

You can't just compare two songs that you selected and choose one over the other based on that. That's like saying the Red Sox is the more successful franchise because they beat the Yankees in the World Series last year.

Also, 50 is in the beginning of his career while Eminem is near the end. Em didn't rap about anything innovative in his earlier albums either. His first two albums consisted of him killing people, how psycho he is, and how great he is, pretty much the same theme as everyone else.

not quite, eminem was on an interview 2 weeks ago and talked how hes not ending his career, hes workign with other artists for a while then will produce another cd... this spring he has anothe cd coming out the funeral
Friday, December 16, 2005 8:52 AM on j-body.org
I liked 50's first album alot, but his second album not so much. But i like all of ems albums his rhymes and beat are pretty inovative compared to alot of other rappers.

As for 'all black rappers rap about the same thing' i think thats hard to justify. as of recently i don't think to many good rapper have emerged, but a lot of the originators of rap and guys from late 80's through the 90's were really talented.

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:34 AM on j-body.org
Um, Can I vote for NEITHER.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:31 AM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:

So post the lyrics to a 50 cent song that compares.

---

Friday, December 16, 2005 1:36 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:So post the lyrics to a 50 cent song that compares.

As I said, you can't just compare two songs of your choice because you can put any spin on it. You need to look at the overall themes of his lyrics.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Friday, December 16, 2005 1:41 PM on j-body.org
I don't like 50... just a personal choice. It's the monotone mumbling thing that just irritates me.

Eminem has original stuff, but I think he wants to become more like DRE... drop a new CD once in a while that goes huge, and then go back to producing until the performing itch strikes again.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, December 16, 2005 2:07 PM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:So post the lyrics to a 50 cent song that compares.

As I said, you can't just compare two songs of your choice because you can put any spin on it. You need to look at the overall themes of his lyrics.

So what is the overall theme of 50's lyrics, in your words?

---

Friday, December 16, 2005 4:45 PM on j-body.org
Same thing as what WannaBzee says, "Popping caps, bangin hoes and drinking liquor", pretty similar to what Em raps about at the start of his career.

I'm not saying that 50 will write original thought inspiring lyrics in the future or he won't later, I'm just saying that 50 and Em write similar "cookie cutter" lyrics at the start of their careers and it's unfair to compare 50's early lyrics with Em's heavier latter lyrics.

Friday, December 16, 2005 7:05 PM on j-body.org
I don't think you can compair the two just yet. Em has had a lot more experience and 50 essentially works for Em. When 50 gets to run his own show without Em, we'll see if 50 can stay on the radio.

I think there is a place for mindless lyrics, look how popular Coolio's 1-2-3-4 was.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, December 16, 2005 9:54 PM on j-body.org
Gangsta's Paradise > 1,2,3,4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Friday, December 16, 2005 10:53 PM on j-body.org
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:Gangsta's Paradise > 1,2,3,4
x2 that song was sick.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 6:35 PM on j-body.org
Personally I think Eminem hands down. I think the reference to white rapper is because he is a solo artist and while the Beastie Boys are white and have been very sucessful I dont think of them as the same style of rap. I am not a huge fan of rap but do like Eminem. Two of my favorites are Stan and Mosh.
Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:56 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

That's like saying the Red Sox is the more successful franchise because they beat the Yankees in the World Series last year.

*cough, cough* ALCS *cough, cough*

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:25 PM on j-body.org
well to me, i dont like either. both just make club bangers and thats all. if i had to pick of the 2, id take 50. i feel em does the same thing over on each cd and its getting boring to listen to. way to talk @!#$ on your ex through 3 albums now your back with her. good job, i guess 1 bus accident suddenly changed your mind

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:12 AM on j-body.org
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]well to me, i dont like either. both just make club bangers and thats all. if i had to pick of the 2, id take 50. i feel em does the same thing over on each cd and its getting boring to listen to. way to talk @!#$ on your ex through 3 albums now your back with her. good job, i guess 1 bus accident suddenly changed your mind

Ummm I think he did it for Hayley's sake.

Monday, December 19, 2005 9:25 AM on j-body.org
Both are terrible. People should start listening to real music again.

Monday, December 19, 2005 9:57 AM on j-body.org
Alex Yingling wrote:Both are terrible. People should start listening to real music again.

Because you know exactly what "real" music is....

Monday, December 19, 2005 10:06 AM on j-body.org
Basically anything but rap.
Monday, December 19, 2005 10:21 AM on j-body.org
Eminem for sure. most of his best songs are about life.

one thing to think about. turn on the CC when the videos are on tv and if the lyrics make sense then they are good to me. Eminem hardly ever just puts words that rhyme to make it sound good like most rap artists do. turn on the cc with eminem and 90% of the time it makes sense.

Dont get me wrong i love 50 too but there have been times he fell into the mainstream rap and started just writing lyrics that sound good rather than just take the time to tell a story somewhat and make it rhyme.

just my .02

Later
David

I need photoshop...cause its time for a new sig
Monday, December 19, 2005 11:41 AM on j-body.org
Buck65 I'm tellin' ya'.

Very odd and interesting lyrics that have nothing to do with crack, guns or whores.

More like driving down the road with your old dog, listening to Johnny Cash.

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search