Gays and Atheists are going to Hell - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Gays and Atheists are going to Hell
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:37 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

and i dont know why Jews are evil because they are Gods people arent they? they were definitely around way before any Christians were. then the Romans killed Jesus, who then started Christianity and spread it through their society and all those they conquered.

not entirely true... the main difference between christians and jews is that jews thought jesus was a good teacher, not gods son. jews believe that gods son hasnt come yet.

christians and jews were around at the same time. romans did not start christianity, they were the first to persecute the christians. it wasnt until constantine that romans started to accept the idea of christianity.

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:39 PM on j-body.org
thanks for correcting me. but when they did accept it, didnt they try to force it upon everyone else?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:57 PM on j-body.org
actually as far as i know no, he was very tolerant of the pagan religion that many followed. but he did have a major impact because he was the most powerful man in the world at the time.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:13 AM on j-body.org
EliteCavy wrote:
Quote:

and i dont know why Jews are evil because they are Gods people arent they? they were definitely around way before any Christians were. then the Romans killed Jesus, who then started Christianity and spread it through their society and all those they conquered.

not entirely true... the main difference between christians and jews is that jews thought jesus was a good teacher, not gods son. jews believe that gods son hasnt come yet.

christians and jews were around at the same time. romans did not start christianity, they were the first to persecute the christians. it wasnt until constantine that romans started to accept the idea of christianity.

Umm, Jews were around long before Christ. The level of resistance to Christ depending of which sect you are talking about. The Pharasese are the ones who ordered the death of Christ, vis Pilate. Pilate (Roman) only had Jesus put to death after much argument from the Pharases. The Saudasese (sp?) were not exactly friendly to Jesus either, but the Essese were not too bad.

The first persecuters of Christians were the existing Jewish temple leaders etc. "The Establishment" at the time, the Jewish priests ran everything. Roman only collected the tax and kept the peace (as best they could). Roman pesecution started (with vigor) at about 70AD or just after, with Nero's rise to power, and tapered off in about 150AD or so. Officially the period of Roman persecution is said to have been from 52AD to 312AD, with the middle being the worst part. The fact that you hear about the first 300 years of Christianity being tough because of persecution you need to remember that not all the trouble came from the Romans, it came from Jews, Roman, Greek Pegans, et. all. When Rome stopped, Persia started etc etc.

The Romans accepted Christianity fairly early in the game on a lesser level. The first Roman Pope was in 74 AD or thereabout. Constantine made Chistianity the official religion of the empire, then claimed authority over it. That's a little different.

PAX
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:33 AM on j-body.org
Constantine was a Pagan, Hahahaha, that's an important detail.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:17 PM on j-body.org
I just want to know... Do people who don't believe in "gosh" go to "heck"?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:17 PM on j-body.org
No.. "heck" is a place that isn't as hot, and you get to do office work for the rest of eternity, and deal with a weasely boss.

Don't you read Dilbert???

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:12 AM on j-body.org
Constantine had a vision of the "ChiRo" and used the symbol to lead his army. He was very sucessful in battle from then on, so he thought there must be some truth to Christianity. He allowed it to grow, but demanded that he authorize the leaders within the church (likely to stiffle uprisings). While he never renounced his pegan heritage, he did use Christian symbols and appeared to be Christian at times, depending on who he was talking to. A lot like Paul Martin will say whatever he thinks the audience wants to hear, like when he told a Jewish coucil that Isreal's values were Canada's values.. We discussed this earlier. At anyrate, my point is, that first and formost, Constantine was a politician.

PAX
Friday, December 16, 2005 6:48 AM on j-body.org
Well said.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search