Tis the Season... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tis the Season...
Monday, December 12, 2005 7:15 PM on j-body.org
Nope... gotta throw a holi- and a sols- in there for the non-god-believers

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:50 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:I think X-mas is downright insulting. You know the name of the holiday but you are too lazy to spell "Christ" out.. Man, the most important part and you're that lazy.. Please go away.

To the rest.. Well, happy whatever you celebrate.

Keeper, whatever it is you do for this time of year, I hope it brings you joy and comfort.

PAX

Question: If the X symbolises the greek letter Chi (also the first syllable in the Greek pronunciation of Christ, IIRC), would that make it any better? What about calling it Iehovamas?

I'm just buggin ya BTW...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:16 AM on j-body.org
OK, if X is "Chi" then I gues J.C.mass would be OK too?

The Christ deserves respect.. You can bet that no Greek Orthodox church welcomes people to their X-mas celebration.. Or their Chi-mass either.

We celebrate "the Christ", not Jesua the Nazerine. While they appear to be one and the same, the concepts are different, and it is the Christ that is important.

PAX
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:32 PM on j-body.org
@KOTL --- Happy Solstice! You'll prolly see this after the fact... but still wishin ya a good one

Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:42 PM on j-body.org
This is something that really bugs me about this time of year... I don't buy in to the whole "Happy Holidays" attitude. If you're Jewish, you should say "Happy Hannakuh", if you're Christian you should say "Merry Christmas", if you worshop trees you could say "Happy Arbor Day" whatever.

I work with a weird mix of different cultures, and this time of year we all extend eachother good will in whatever our faith is. I'm Christian and regularly get wished a Happy Hannakuh. I'm not offended because this is a good will statement, not an attempt to convert me or change my way of life. It's a positive message of faith, even if it's not my own. There's a wiccan (witch, I think) who celebrates this time of year, how or why I don't know. But she has a positive reply that I can't understand when I wish her a Merry Christmas. No one gets uptight about it like the media says we should.

And I agree with not using "xmas" for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you all!

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search