better as an ORIGINALITY ARTIST, - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: better as an ORIGINALITY ARTIST,
Monday, December 19, 2005 3:34 PM on j-body.org
Alex Yingling wrote:Basically anything but rap.
Just because you dont like rap doesnt mean its not 'real music' im sure theres a lot of music out there you dont like.
Personally i dont listen to that much rap myself but theres a lot of rappers out there that deserve the respect of being called musicians or lyricists.

Monday, December 19, 2005 4:09 PM on j-body.org
I dont like country, or R and B, and others, but at least those all have a melody and harmony. Rap is generally a repeating beat over and over and some guy talking in rythym to it.
Monday, December 19, 2005 6:16 PM on j-body.org
^Its just another style. Would be nice if people could have a discussion without some ignorant person coming in and messing it up.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Monday, December 19, 2005 6:39 PM on j-body.org
hey, it is the war forum
Monday, December 19, 2005 6:41 PM on j-body.org
/\ You need to check out a few rap groups who have real instruments on stage: Drums, guitar, bass, trumpets, etc...

Check out The Roots and also check out Automato (small band from NYC.) Pretty good.

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:00 PM on j-body.org
I'll do that upstate.

my main deal with rap is the fact that it has no melody generally, and if it does, its so simple it really doesn't sound like one. and sorry, if it doesn't have a melody, it's not music.
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:20 PM on j-body.org
Alex Yingling wrote:I'll do that upstate.

my main deal with rap is the fact that it has no melody generally

hmmm you mean techno or dance there.... I hate that kind of music. My vote goes to Eminem, I like his music and lyrics... The guy who said he's a psycho... you didn't listen to his album since he have his daughter.. Yeah his music was violent at the beggining, but he changed that later, when he got more mature

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 4:24 AM on j-body.org

my main deal with rap is the fact that it has no melody generally, and if it does, its so simple it really doesn't sound like one. and sorry, if it doesn't have a melody, it's not music.

thats the best part about it. how someone can take just a simple generic beat and turn it into a complete song.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:05 AM on j-body.org
I'm going to vote Eminem.

50 cent sounds to me like every other assembly line wrapper. Heavy beat, bla bla bla PRODUCT PLACEMENT, bla bla bla, ESCALADE(product placement),bla , bla, bla HOE, bla bla bla, BRAND NAME, BRAND NAME, BRAND NAME, getting laid, PRODUCT PLACEMENT.

ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS IS ALL MARKETING!!!!!

-Chris

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:28 PM on j-body.org
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]

thats the best part about it. how someone can take just a simple generic beat and turn it into a complete song.

Amen. Rap isnt about the background music, its about the insane talent someone needs to have to pull off the lyricism

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/559749/1
mattbeck16: god im a loser lol
Monday, December 26, 2005 1:44 AM on j-body.org
Ludacris....

Out of the two I would pick eminem because some of his songs have actual meaning to them. I do like 50's beats and flow though. I absolutely hate and despise the lyrics to Get in my Car but I listen to it for the beat and flow.

I recently realized something recently about how I listen to music. Rap is predominate for me but for all genres I listen to, most songs I do not listen to the lyrics. I hear the voice more as an instrument creating sound that blends with the other instruments (or mixboards). I like rap a lot because it encompasses a full range of sounds (deep bass) and the voices provide a flow that add in (sometimes).

Overall, I think Luda is the most original artist in rap out of who I have heard (I have not heard many if any underground artists and even more popular ones). All his CDs are how music should be: somesongs are fun to do, some hold meaning, and some even brag (people do brag if only once). He puts down solid beats and flows great with them.

I can not wait for him to be done with Def Jam and to see what he can do with, most likely, complete control.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search