Why do we need a special law to not tourture peopl - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why do we need a special law to not tourture p
Friday, December 23, 2005 12:27 PM on j-body.org
mw10bvh wrote:Dont get me wrong I understand what you guys are saying but we are supposed to be the good guys here. The behaviors we have exhibited in Iraq and some other places are deplorable.

what actions are you talking about?

._____________________________.
hostis humani generis - Causa latet vis est notissima
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-12-11 18:21:36. This ban will expire 2005-12-18 18:21:36 Pacific Time.

Reason: Your comment about Grim Raven's wife was completely uncalled for and way over the top.

My other car is a boat. Supermotors
Free FlatScreens, IT WORKS!

Friday, December 23, 2005 1:48 PM on j-body.org
Naked dog piles....and prisoners being led around on dog leashes.... and the such. I also believe there were some other places that made the news.
Friday, December 23, 2005 5:10 PM on j-body.org
There are other prison camps, but none with the gross indecencies of Abu Ghraib.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 2:03 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:The Geneva Convention covers what are known as enimies. Ememies are from a country that can identified. We are fighting ENEMY COMBATENTS which have no diserable country so technicly we can do whatever we want to them.
Well since you're a "fan" of Bill Clinton - I'll use him.

"I did not have "SEXUAL" relations with this woman" (just head)

I will not torture "ENEMIES" just "ENEMY COMBANTANTS"

Yes I saw that you wrote that you don't support this, but saying "Well the geneva convention doesn't/shouldn't apply do to specific wording" is

Grimor wrote:the only problem with torture is that information is not always reliable since if you're good at it, they will tell you anything to make you stop
No the only problem with torture is that it is absolute . It is WRONG. PERIOD.

If you had ever been tortured I guarantee you would feel different. Don't take my word on it, take Senator(hopefully future president) John McCain's word on it. He HAS been tortured, and he is against torturing even those who would see him dead at any cost. That is because he, unlike you(or anyone else condoning torture for any reason), actually knows something about torture first hand.

While you're at it why don't you condone rape etc under certain circumstances?! You won't find a lot of rape victiums doing that.

Now to those who say it's ok just because the terrorist are doing it, then it is ok that the terrorist do it because we are doing it. That's terribly childish logic. Reminds me of a child crying to their parents because their older brother has this or that liberty that they do not etc.

Wrong = Wrong

It's wrong when terrorist do it.

It's no less wrong when we do it(or have someone else do it - which is paramount to you hiring someone to kill your ex for you, instead of you murdering them - you're still a murderer).

If we're justified in doing it(which we're not), then so are the terrorist.

And if we do it too, then we're no less worthless pieces of crap - than the terrorists are. We're SUPPOSED to be better than them. Step down to their level and we're better how? Our side is right how? At that point anything we say about being civilized, free, better at all etc - is all a load of crap.

We say we won't stoop to their level. I say we shouldn't even stoop anywhere near their level.

Integrity is not a light switch to be turned on and off.

We talk the higher moral ground talk, but don't want to walk the higher moral ground walk.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Saturday, December 24, 2005 7:16 AM on j-body.org
BK3K, Thats why I said we need the law because of shady polititions like Bill Clinton.
You know with his whole it depends on what your definition of "is" is. Its these snake oil salesman that can twist around everything that the law says so we need to spell it out so there can be no interpration.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 12:45 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Do you get the point in the context of what he's saying Jack?

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:21 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ When I'm in complete agreement with you guys why the hell do you still feel the need to argue with me when I'm on the same side you are? That makes no sence at all !! I agree that torture is bad so why are you trying to convince me its not good ?

Do you get my point ?

YOUR argueing a MOOT point !!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:51 AM on j-body.org
I asked a question, because you're getting off topic... the topic (lest you need a reminder) is torture's role in warfare.

You agree, fine, you don't need to include something else about a unrelated subject that has been peeving you.

We GET that you hate Clinton, but there's nothing new about the Clinton Administration... get on with your life man.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:00 AM on j-body.org
Geez Gam, panties in a bunch today are they ? I was illustrating how sleazy politions can weasle out of anything unless you spell out what you can and can not do. Hense the "IS " arguement. Thats the only reason I even mentioned Clinton as an example thats all.

And I never left the topic. What are you talking about ? The topic has been Torture and thats what I've been referring to in all my posts.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:17 AM on j-body.org
wait a min.. re-read your last 3 posts...

I don't see anything relating to the topic

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:55 AM on j-body.org
Ok, since your haveing a rough day here. Posts 1-4 saying its bad. Post 5 joke HA !
Post 6 still agree, Post 7 argueed with BK3K as to why we need the law, Post 7 still agree, and post 8 agreeing again.

And now post 9 saying I no longer agree we should torture everyone just for the hell of it cause you just can't stop.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:03 PM on j-body.org
Yes it's true.. I like to be-labour a point.

And my panties are none of your concern.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search