Police Jurisdiction - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Police Jurisdiction
Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:54 AM on j-body.org
lol....

I'll bet the RCMP officer was pissed as well...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Going off of what Kardain said--since he's relatively close to me:

In king county the same thing is done--all the local police are part sherriffs, so as such, they have jurisdiction all over king county--within reason. There's little chance you would find a Federal Way police officer in Snoqualmie, for example. However, since the regional justice center is downtown Kent, there are many cops from many different municipalities all over it, each with jurisdiction all over Kent. Hell, I've even seen an Aberdeen police officer down there, and that's 70 miles away!

It all depends on your area. if there are a lot of towns close together, like the suburbs of a city, usually they will share jurisdiction across the borders.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, January 09, 2006 1:16 PM on j-body.org
Unless they amalgamate and make things easy.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, January 20, 2006 1:57 PM on j-body.org
an off duty cop in plain clothes can drive his cruiser and detain you until an on duty cop arrives. I learned that first hand.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 2:49 PM on j-body.org
Here in Portland, OR, cops can cross jurisdiction freely, though it was not always like that. I remember my dad telling me(he was a Portland cop) they used to have to radio ahead to get ok to continue a chase in another jurisdiction. I don't think it was ever an issue, but it was protocol and had to be followed. As for off duty cops, I know here all police are "on call" and technically never off duty, while they probably won't take someone to jail or write tickets off duty(my dad always had his badge and gun wherever he went, but I never saw him carry a ticket book) they can detain and call for backup.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search