Best (and worst) cell phone companies? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best (and worst) cell phone companies?
Monday, January 02, 2006 6:10 PM on j-body.org
I have Tracfone, a prepaid service. It's expensive on minutes, but the service has been wonderful. I don't get dropped calls or have too many areas of "no service". I've had this $49 cheap-o Wal-mart phone for over a year, no complaints. My wife also has a Tracfone, between the two of us we average about $30 per month. (we don't have to buy minutes every month.)

What do you think of your cell phone company?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Re: Best (and worst) cell phone companies?
Monday, January 02, 2006 6:26 PM on j-body.org
i have verizon and i like it. lot better than when i had cingular

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:29 PM on j-body.org
Don't know about US services... I've had Rogers, Bell, Fido and Telus, and I've been with Telus for a few years...

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, January 02, 2006 7:08 PM on j-body.org
i've had Verizon, ATT, Cingular, and i've dealt with TMobile, Sprint, and Nextel(before the merger).

i HATE Verizon with a passion. their network is nowhere near what they claim - they can't even get a signal with a good quality phone to my apartment. they've dropped the most calls overall for me...not to mention they'll lie just to stick people with another year of service.

ATT made me pretty happy, though their phone selection was meh...since they merged with Cingular, i've been overly pleased. i get reliable service to my apartment, my parents get service in their house(which Verizon couldn't do), and i have had a total of one dropped call since the merger with cingular. sometimes i'll find a random dead spot, but it's nothing like what Verizon was.

TMobile, in this area, has crappy service...but i hear that some areas have amazing TMobile service. Sprint's got a great data plan, but i'm not a fan of their service...sometimes i have a real problem getting ahold of Scruf(he's on Sprint). they do have rather good customer service, though...they've treated him VERY well, despite the many problems he had with his last phone. Nextel was always crappy...i don't know how they are since they merged with Sprint.

cell phone service will always vary, but i've been overwhelmingly pleased with Cingular. i'm sticking with them for awhile.
Monday, January 02, 2006 7:18 PM on j-body.org
I've used Sprint, T-Mobile, and now on Cingular.

Sprint didn't have the coverage that I wanted, but a decent rate plan.

T-Mobile had a better rate plan and better coverage, but their customer service absolutely sucks, so dropped them faster than a bad habit.

Have had Cingular for the last 3 years... every so often, have an issue with the bill and have to get that fixed, but overall, no complaints. Plus, I get a rate discount through my employer, so that's an added bonus

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:33 PM on j-body.org
I've had Nextel since I got out of Boot Camp over 3 years ago, and the only complaint I have is that service is abysmal on Camp Pendleton. When I did my cross country trip about 3 weeks ago I had great service throughout the country, the only areas where I didn't get service were in the mountains of Arizona and New Mexico and in Oklahoma out in the middle of nowhere, everywhere else I got service, I actually had service in more areas then my Father and he has Sprint.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Monday, January 02, 2006 9:05 PM on j-body.org
@!#$ nextel and cingular when it comes to service.

If you want to talk about overall coverage, verizon is the best. Unlike cingular and nextel, verizon works in the small towns that dont appear on the map...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:24 AM on j-body.org
I have had Sprint, Cingular, and T-Mobile

Sprint - Sucked. Customer Service was a joke, and they are too high priced for what they offer.

Cingular - Coverage sucks, customer service SUCKS, and they are too pricey as well...and find little ways to add charges to your bill. Can't wait to get rid of them!

T-Mobile - Can't say enough about them. Been with them for 5 years, service area is improving....WAY better than when it was Voice Stream! Their customer service has been the best I've dealt with EVER! I've only had one hashing with them in 5 years, and they did some really great things after that arguing for me!

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:44 AM on j-body.org
Had alltel for like 2 years. Wasnt happy with them and I wanted a new phone so I signed up with cingular and got the razr. I have great service and great reception.

I can pick up where my alltel couldnt.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:04 AM on j-body.org
I have cingular................ my 2 cousins and there mom have t mobile and there service sucks..... I on the other hand never have much of a problem with cingular with my motorola razr v3 black. I also had us cellular and I didnt like it always a echoing when i would talk on a low signal. my dad has uscellular and he has the same echo problem..... my mom is on a family plan with me and so is my grand parents. So far i would say cingular or att which is the same thing is pretty good considering there new gsm network. before they had it there service was ok but its much better now.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:20 AM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:@!#$ nextel and cingular when it comes to service.

If you want to talk about overall coverage, verizon is the best. Unlike cingular and nextel, verizon works in the small towns that dont appear on the map...

sure, that's what they claim...yet they can't work in a major city like Baltimore? WTF?? do they just not like certain cities and basically say F U to the people who are stuck in the middle of the highway?

we will NEVER go back to verizon...sleazy little sumbiches lied to us, made claims of things they didn't do for us, and generally let us down.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:22 AM on j-body.org
I had Voicestream(not in business anymore) and now have Alltel. Voicestream was nice because it offered the most minutes but it's coverage area sucked majorly and I got sick of people calling me asking "Is TJ thar?" and telling them numerous times they got the wrong number. I've been with alltel since about 2001and couldn't be happier, I hardly use my cell except in emergencies so their prepaid plan works for me plus their coverage expanded this year. A friend of mine had ATT/Cingular and had nothing but problems with them and their customer service and especially this
Quote:

and find little ways to add charges to your bill.

and regularly tells people looking at their brochures not to do business with them. My dad has Tracfone he likes it except for a few dropped calls here and there when he's out on the country roads.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:00 PM on j-body.org
I have had cingular I thought they were grea titll they merged with ATT here in PHX there coverage got way worse.

Verizon always @!#$ up my bill and had alot of dead zones

My suggestion that I have had is go with you local phone companys cellular service
they "purchase" Time from other companies towersw so the coverage is great in your city and with my local one i can change my plan whenever I want without a new contract.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:59 PM on j-body.org
Theyre all crap. Too much money and too many empty promises.

I dont care about mp3 playin, video playin, picture takin, get it now CRAP.

GIVE ME SUPERIOR RECEPTION FIRST!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:24 PM on j-body.org
verizon sucks. i mean seriously. they send me little letters asking for money. like, EVERY @!#$ MONTH. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?

i like their service tho.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:47 AM on j-body.org
Well I've worked for 2 of them

ATT WIreless - This was a company that actually cared about its people and the network was not nearly as problematic as others, it had its limitations but for the most part everyone knew them. A Great company to work for with great benefits

Cingular - As a result of the above this is where I'm at now, working in Tech support the network is pathetically unreliable and theres some type of outage almost every single day. our benefits went from great to barely none at all. Our paychecks are all screwed up thanks to thier wonderful system. Never had one problem on ATT. Nobody seems to know anything about anything, and to top it off thier entire way of running the company is just cheap, EVERYTHING about this company is worse than ATT. If this company continues on its current path it will be sold in little time and most likely T-Mobile would be the buyer. T-Mobile is owned by Telekom which is a HUGE Euro cell company and they have more than enough cash to buy.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:25 PM on j-body.org
I've had cingular since forever so i have nothing to compare it too but i do no i like it better than my friends plans. They are always complaining about there verizon phones so id much rather have my cingular than verizon.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:13 PM on j-body.org
I've had cingluar and verizon. Cingluar was ok, no real complaints. I switched to verizon for the peer to peer talking. and i love it.

every place is going to be a little different in terms of service. I suggest talking with your local friends. See what type of service they get.

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:31 PM on j-body.org
I have Verizon right now and couldn't be happier with the service and coverage are. It's pretty rare that I lose signal or drop a call.

That said, I hate their business practices. The Bluetooth features suck. The phone features that were advertised all cost extra dough. Verizon locked out the best features of the phone. Some grimy @!#$. I want to get rid of them, but nobody else has as good a coverage area. I don't want to say screw Verizon and end up with second rate service.

Also, Verizon phones suck. All are low on features and look like crap. I have the Motorola e815. All in all, a good phone, but not with half of the features locked out.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
1994 Chevrolet Blazer Tahoe LT
1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S
1994 Pontiac Sunbird SE
Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:57 PM on j-body.org
Ok... looks like I get to make another call to Cingular (Rodimus, if you get the call, I apologize now... ) 'cause they are not properly allocating the Mobile to Mobile minutes on my bill for Cingular to Cingular calls and instead deducting them from the daytime/night-weekend buckets giving a false amount available for the remainder of the billing cycle.

Monday, January 09, 2006 4:43 AM on j-body.org
tmobile has been good to me

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:06 AM on j-body.org
verizon has been good to me. i get a full signal just about everywhere now

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, January 09, 2006 4:50 PM on j-body.org
Verizon is the only company i've been with--they aren't bad for me, and i only get dead zones in the convenient places--usually when i'm driving through and don't want to talk to anyone . The only limitation is that their phones will not work in Europe.

The WORST company by far i've dealy with is Orange (Sk). Basically, my g/f's company. I can get text messages and give them to anyone on any platform, but hers:

She can only send text messages to other Orange members--i can text her, she can't text me--and believe you me, it's a lot cheaper texting than it is calling Eastern Europe. She also can only read the first...20 characters of a text message without having to get on the internet and read the rest of it. As such, i can only text out something like, "I love you".

BIG pain in the @!#$.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:42 AM on j-body.org
Thought I'd use my post to vent about my local cell phone company, Rogers.. 5 years ago I had a plan, the coverage sucked, the service sucked, and the cell phone itself sucked.. So I cancelled it and went Aliant (Bell).. Been happy ever since.. But lately I've been getting voice mail from Rogers saying to call immediately about my cell phone bill with them?? I call, they can't find an account, and say it they'll send it off to their investigation department.. The next day I get the same voice mail message.. argggh.. Been happening for like 2 weeks now!!

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:20 PM on j-body.org
ive had verizon, tmobile, sprint, and uscellular

verizon - sucks really bad. they screw people over intentionally. (i used to work there - blah )

sprint - had nice phone selections, but was kind of pricey for the monthly plans and didnt get great coverage where i lived

uscellular - overal was pretty good as far as rates and signal went, but the phones sucked.

tmobile - i'd say the best so far. In indianapolis, they have great coverage, but when you look at their coverage maps for the entire US they havent expanded too much yet. id say rates are reasonable and all the c.s.r's that i ever dealt with were pretty friendly. phones arnt that bad either.

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search